Do you like the two Ewok movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Do you like the two Ewok movies?

I thought the first one was ok, but I liked the second one much better. I forget what the first is called, but the second one is called the Battle for Endor...or something like that.

I especially like the fight scene at the end of the second movie.

They aren't as good as Star Wars, but the Ewok offshoots are pretty good movies cool

Ushgarak
I'd have to say no, I'm afraid.

I know it seems a silly thing to say, but I've never been quite sure WHY they were made.

ToMacco
I don't really remember them all that well.

I have a tiny bit of recolection of the one where Wicket is with the girl. And her family gets killed. And she knows this because she has that bracelette.

Then she meets that one guys who has that animal that can run really fast.

finti
No, no and NOOOOOOOO

yerssot
never seen here, can you get it somewhere?

finti
in kid stores I guess, for those under 8 years old

yerssot
ok; and now a place that is NOT in norway...

finti
ok kid stores in Brusselles then

yerssot
don't know that place, where is it?

ToMacco
Courasant big grin

finti
Brussels didnt see how I spelt it there Yers wink

ToMacco
yerssot is easily confused cool

yerssot
As I remember correctly, there is no place near me that's could Brussels...

Julie
I don't even think the 2 ewok movies are sold. I think I just taped them off the tv ages ago.

The one ToMacco mentioned is the 2nd one....Batttle for Endor.

ToMacco
I gotta rent that.

yerssot
can you digitilise that?

ToMacco
I'll digitalize you! evil face

yerssot
please! stupid!
and I was serious!

Julie
Seeing that I don't know what digitializing is I probably couldn't, but where there's a will there's a way....so you probably can.

yerssot
but then I need someone who has it on tape!

Julie
I have at least the Battle for Endor on tape, but you are a bit far from me sad

yerssot
do you have a digital camera?

Julie
No, but I hope to get one within the next couple of years....maybe someone else does.

yerssot
yes, but they don't have the Ewok movies now do they?

Julie
You won't know unless you ask them will you wink

Wern't the movies ever on tv there?????.....I could give you a blow by blow description of Battle for Endor, but the effect wouldn't be the same.

yerssot
Well, how can I ask them if they aren't here?

And no! only the ORIGINAL trilogy came on the tele, NOT the SE, NOT the holiday special NOT the Ewok movies...

Julie
Have you seen the Holiday special?

The first Ewok movie wasn't that great.... I wouldn't bust my brains trying to get a copy of that one, but Endor....well that's pretty good......

yerssot
yes I have the holiday special (on hard disk I might ad!)

and for the rest...
was one of them a cartoon?

Julie
No they're live......with puppets and all ....I think

SilentMike
I have seen battle of endor on tape, the one with the quaker oats guy; and the huge spider at the end.

Captain REX
I saw those on the Disney channel. Go to a video store yerss (Duh!).

The Caravan of Courage was the first one. It was okay. The Gorax creature (looks like an extremely ugly and extremely tall monkey/gorilla) was the same animation as the Rancor. They crash a ship that looks like the Starspeeder 3000 from Star Tours, Mace and Cindel Towani's parents get captured by the Gorax, Wicket and his Ewok friends from the movie (and more) help them get to there parents. Shows that Endor isn't all forest. They cross a desert for a few days. And it goes a little into the rituals of the Ewoks (although some people just don't give a crap). They save the parents and the Gorax is slain. The end.

The Battle for Endor was the second one. This was better. The Towani family is still living with the Ewoks and are repairing the ship they own. Then the Marauders (guys that look like wrinkled, leathery humans crossed with monkeys) attack the village because the Towani family has a power generator to the ship and think it is the power of the stars (retards), kill Mace Towani and the Towani parents, a few Ewoks, and the rest of the Ewoks and Cindel are taken captive and turned into slaves. Cindel and Wicket escape, but Cindel is attacked by some kind of flying dragon thing. They meet a speedy creature (cute thing but lame idea) and it's owner. He helps them a little. They sneak into the castle of the Marauders, steal back the generator, kill the King of the Marauders, and the old man and Cindel say good bye to everyone and take off in an almost exact replica of the Starspeeder 3000, like the Towani ship. This movie shows how "sneaky" the Ewoks are. They do have tricks up there sleaves...

They're okay. Not that good, but okay. At least it's not as horrible as the Holiday Special (the holiday it was released on was Ruin Star Wars' TV Future Day).

Julie
Thank you Capt Rex....I didn't even remember their last name!
BTW, the fast little creature was named Tiink.....don't pay attention to the way I spelled it. I agree, the Battle for Endor was better. Neither movie even comes close to any of the original trilogy movies, but as stand alones they weren't that bad.

Captain REX
I've found some names. There's

Captain REX
Oops! I hit the Submit button instead of Browse. There's Teek, the speedy creature thing. He is friends with the old man and stays behind to live with the Ewoks in the end of the second movie.
Terak is the King of the Marauders. He thinks a power generator is the "Power of the Stars." He uses a sword and a weak, customized blaster.
Charal is Terak's advisor. She has a magic ring that can turn her into a raven. She is betrayed by Terak and locked up in the dungeon. She escapes, but her ring falls off and she is trapped as a raven on Endor forever.

Things that I thought were weird in both movies:
1. Mace Towani's and the Marauders' blasters shoot ion cannon lasers.
2. Ravens, horses, and frogs are everywhere to be seen.
3. Everything looks like a disgruntled monkey (the Marauders, the Gorax, a creature that the group is almost caught by, etc.)

Julie
hmmm....actually I think the whole movie looked pretty weird. Definately not Star Wars, but ok for spin offish movies. I agree the disgruntled monkey creature were ugly.

Thanks again for the names.

The lady Charal is strange wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.