Global warming - my solution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Whilst preparing my cereal this morning I stumbled upon the solution mankind has been looking for.

I poured 1 pint of milk over only 3 weetabix, but by the time I'd walked from the canteen to my office my bowl contained a dried up brown mush.

So if the polar ice-caps do melt considerably in the future I suggest we just buy about 10 boxes of weetabix and hey-presto, no flooding. Jobs a good-un. big grin

yerssot
ok roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raz
laughing out loud

Actually, it has been proven that if the polar icecaps do melt, the sea levels won't actually rise much. Its called the Displacement thoery. The reason for this is that the majority of the icecaps are actually already under sealevel so when it does melt, the ice will just be displaced by the water.

yerssot

Raz
The amount of energy in matter is proportional to the mass of the matter - very einstein.

yerssot

mechmoggy
Now your just plucking numbers and letters out of mid-air. Your nonsense makes a mockery of my serious theory thread. wink

yerssot

finti
yea Raz but there is a great deal of ice mass above sea level that will add at least a couple of meters. Just thinking of our dutch friend who need a snorkle on a day to day basis. big grin

yerssot
but you have to know that the water spreads around the world and not only in Holland, I'm afraid sad

finti
I`m fully aware of that Yers, but even an all around increase aint to good for a country that already have land masses below sea level. Be careful Yers your feet aint to safe either. big grin

yerssot
pfff, then the sea has to rise with 28 metres! I want to see THAT happen!

finti
We can make Holland an irrigation field big grin

yerssot
you mean it's not one now? eek!

Ratcat
Raz is spot on, I seem to remember watching a documntary about the ice flows and it's something like 90% of the volume of ice is submerged.

The worry is more if the landlocked iceflows were to all melt as they rest ontop of land and would have a most significant effect within their regions

ToMacco
Hey, it doesn't matter. We're all gonna die, anyway. sad

Ushgarak
IF Global Warming is genuine. Which is still debatable.

yerssot
then we need other ways to scare To...

Texas
I hope those ice thingys melt roll eyes (sarcastic)
Dallas could use a beach cool smokin' cool

ToMacco
If the icecaps melt, I'm gonna sail around like in Waterworld.

Texas
Ewwww, that means your gonna drink your own piss and grow gills!!!!!! eek! eek!
hmmmmmm, on second thought......sounds kinda sexy wink

ToMacco
eek! eek! eek!

You see? You're infatuation with Bjork has turned you gay! You poor thing! big grin

yerssot
that is if you can get a boat when they melt

Texas

ToMacco
I'll build one.

Texas
and you'll call it...............
SS Manhandler

Got that from Southpark

ToMacco
I'll call it the S.S. Essess (from Hot Shots)

yerssot
and I call you SS BORING

ToMacco
. . . roll eyes (sarcastic) . . . okay yers. Whatever you say

yerssot
d'euh! ofcourse I said it!

Dim
Don't worry To..you're anything but boring. wink

ToMacco
Thankx Dimmy! wink

finti
well, we might have a second opinion here wink

ToMacco
finti, you son of a ***** laughing out loud wink

mechmoggy
No, Dim's right your not boring To......... just bordering on being a sexual deviant though. eek! wink

yerssot
and nobody noticed the wink ???
she was kidding! To, you ARE boring!

finti
maybe it is you who misinterpret the wink Yers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
explain, my short, bold Norwegian friend (sigh)

mechmoggy
Finti isn't short and bald, he's a norse god! He should be 6'6" with long blonde hair and a big mallet too maybe. stick out tongue

yerssot
and you saw him?

ToMacco
laughing out loud a mullet! laughing out loud

Texas
Finti's the only Norweigan whose feet dont reach the pedals in a Volvo! stick out tongue evil face stick out tongue evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.