Best Movie Franchise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fallen Jedi
I'm a hardcore Star Wars fan, but I'm beginning to become a Lord of the Rings fan too. (Return of the King rocks and its definitely the best of the trilogy!) I admire both George Lucas and Peter Jackson. Tolken too, since he did create the LOTR universe. They are all brilliant, complete geniuses, and have unique, artistic vision. All of which makes it ever harder for me to decide which movies I like best. But since I've been a Star Wars fan longer, I'll have to choose a galaxy far, far away over Middle Earth.

wicker_man
Although i throughly enjoyed both the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars franchises my all time favourite franchises are The Romero Zombie Trilogy and the Indiana Jones Trilogy, the Matrix Trilogy never appealed to me, the Terminator films were let down by the third installement, also i quite enjoyed The Harry Potter and X-Men films but the Jones and Romero trilogies are my all time favs.

Fallen Jedi
I've never seen the Romero Zombie Trilogy. But Indiana Jones...I forgot about that. I should have added that to the list. Harrison Ford is such a great actor! Loved him as both Han Solo and Indiana Jones.

Silvermane
What! No Star Trek? Sorry in terms of Franchising I think that Star Trek has them all beaten down, with Star wars being a very close Second, and (Barf) Harry Potter being in third.

My Reasoning:

Star Trek - 10 movies, 6 series, Vegas Attraction, Novels, Games, Figurines, cup, and so on. Also has One of the largest fanbases ever

Star Wars - 5 movies with a sixth in the making, 2 cartoon series, Novels, Games, a special, figurines, cups, ect , ect Also has One of the largest fanbases ever

Harry Poter - Novels, 2 movies with a third in the making and the forth in the scripting stage, Games, figurines, cups, ect, ect Also has One of the largest childrens fanbases ever next to Yugioh and Pokemon (vomets visously)

SilverFighter
I'm not a fan but I think ya forgot "The Godfather" trilogy.

wicker_man
Also no Bond Series : 22 Films (Including the spoof and the remake), a cartoon spin-off (i.e. James Bond Jnr), longest running film franchise in history, and loads of merchandise to boot (everything from Action Figures to novels).

Fallen Jedi
I've never seen the Godfather either but good call.

wicker_man
There are litterally loads of franchies :
Psycho
Halloween
Scream
Jurassic Park
Jaws
Hammer Horror
Monty Python
Alien
Carry Ons
Kevin Smith series (i.e. Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma & JaSBSB)
Hannibal Lecter
National Lampoons
Friday The 13th
Friday (i.e. The Ice Cube Series)
Nightmare on Elm Street Series
The Crow
Austin Powers
Evil Dead
Batman
Rocky
Superman
Darkman
Jack Ryan Series
Die Hard
Highlander

Way to many to fit on one poll

SilverFighter
You missed the Highlander franchise.

Fallen Jedi
I meant in terms of which movies you personally like best, but you bring up a good point.

Yeah, I know there are other franchises out there and I'm pretty sure there are more out there than the ones we've mentioned, but then again there's always that "other" option on the poll. (I'm not being rhetorical.)

amity75
It has to be star wars because quite simply modern cinema would be completely different if the star wars trilogy had not been made. There would be no terminator, pirates of the carribean or harry potter.

jpres
The superhero themed movies have become very popular in the past few years. And so, as of now, I would have to say Lord of the Rings, but in the near future, probably be Spiderman, Xmen 2, or possibly even a new and improved Batman.

Best movie franchise=matrix
2nd best-spiderman(the 2nd will be even better than the first)

Mr Parker
of the choices listed got to go with star wars since the first two films are my two favorite of all time.

Fallen Jedi
Go amit75 and Mr Parker! Happy Dance I was waiting for someone to agree with me.

I still love LOTR though.

alic88
the first 2 terminators were absolute magic. third was a let down but if i leave that 1 the terminator movies r classic

Fallen Jedi
I actually liked the third Terminator. The first time I saw it I was like, "okay." But then when I bought the movie, I came to like it more. I was impressed with Claire Dane's acting and with the guy who played John Conner (I forgot his name). And of course, who could forget Arnold himself.

Kes
I'd have to say the old eps of Star wars. I absolutly love those!

BackFire
Romero Zombie Trilogy, and Lord of the Rings.

Fallen Jedi
Which Star Wars films are you talking about, Mr Parker? The first two of the original trilogy or the first two of the prequels?

Oh, and can someone tell me what the Romera Zombia Trilogy is about. I've never seen nor heard of it.

BOPRecruit 16
X-MEN AND LOTR ALL THE WAY!!!

Silvermane
The Star Wars Franchiase just got bigger. A 20 episode cartoon series called Attack of the Clones on Cartoon Network. Snore..... Star Wars doesn't really appeal to me. I am more of a Space Horror freak (Alien movies, Pitch Black, ect)

Mr Parker
To answer your question Jedi,the first two from the original trilogy,you know the ones with Han Solo and the Millinium Falcon? You might disagree which is fine,but I dont feel like there has been a good Star Wars film made sense Empire Strikes Back.I was really dissapointed with Return Of The Jedi.Some people actually think that one is the best of the original trilogy,I dont understand why but hey were all different.I love the Harry Potter movies also,cant wait till the next one comes out.

Amity and Kes,very well said,good points.

hobbit_lover
LORD OF THE RINGS!

nemo
i say lord of the rings.
i think the first two harry potter really let the books down.
hope the third will be better with the new director.

Fallen Jedi
Actually, I'm guilty of being one of those who thought Return of the Jedi was the best of the trilogy. But Empire Strikes Back falls closely behind it in my book. Just curious, but why was ROTJ a big dissapointment to you? I respect your opinion though and can understand why you would like the original first two the best. And for the prequels, I enjoyed them but I thought GL could have done better, especially with the love story in AOTC. I'm sure you've heard many people say this but the dialogue exchanged between Anakin and Padme was horrible. Hopefully the Episode III will rock. I just hope GL can pull it off. I would hate for the last and final installment to be a great disappointment.

Harry Potter...can't wait to see the third one either. I wonder how they're going to do the rest of them, seeing as how each book gets bigger.

ragesRemorse
Well no movie franchise has ever done so much for movies than star wars. No movie franchise will ever achieve what star wars has. However with lucas's new greed inspired installments of the franchise which fall as failed attempts. I lost a lot of respect for the man. Coincidently my favorite franchise is george lucas inspired. Indiana jones Is my favorite. There is no icon quit like INDY. I guess LOTR is probably the most technically professional franchise, but for three films it seems to get very redundant at some points.

ragesRemorse
Yeah ROTJ was the weakest of the the three star wars films. I say three because there really is only three. Those other two "prequals" Are just empty attempts that focused on the special effects over depth of a story. Anyway i know alot of die hard star war fans who hate ROTJ, I to dont know why. The answer i get all the time when asking why everyone hated it so much. Is the Eowoks. Now That is the same reason i can't stand the film, but i still thought it was an acceptable end to a great story

Fallen Jedi
To tell you the truth it was the prequels that made me a fan. But after watching the originals I have to admit that they are nothing compared to the classics. I still think GL is a guiness, but I understand with what you are saying. GL seemed to have gone crazy with blue screens and digital filming with the newer installments. I think he focused too much on effects instead of the actual story line. I like the general direction he's trying to go, but there's definintely room for improvements, such as the dialogue.

I liked the Ewoks, but then again my room is filled with stuffed animals. I'm a girl, so I guess you could say I'm a little biased.

Thomas Anderson
1. The Matrix
2. Star Wars
3. Terminator
4. X-Men
5. Lord of the Rings
6. Other
7. Many more others
80. Harry Potter

I don't like Harry Potter, as you may have guessed.

samhain
Chalk up another vote for the Romero zombie trilogy. But I also love LOTR and the back to the future movies.

TigerStrp1
I like James Bond and Halloween and also friday the 13th 1 threw 4 skip 3

Makedde
Terminator, all the way!

GCG
The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy.

DarkWizard
LOTR, StarWars, and Indiana Jones.

GCG
Originally posted by DarkWizard
LOTR, StarWars, and Indiana Jones.

You have thing for beards ?

fini
LOL, good point. hehe

beards

Ast
Back to the Future

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.