Prince Xizor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
I was wondering if anyone knew about my man Xizor being included at all in the next film. He's one of the coolest and most intriuging characters and could fit into almost any plot.

The great Wise Master Brit Hunt jed
He will be in The 3rd movie not the second. Because Asfter Darth Vader hunts the jedi one by one or He rtrys to kill Obi Wan Kenobi.

Darth Heinous
The incident on Falleen didn't occur until ten years before Shadows Of The Empire. Therefore Xizor doesn't have a grudge against Darth Vader (yet) in the Prequel Trilogy

Xizor
So is Xizor is definetly in the 3rd prequel? Are you telling me that we will get to see the destruction of Xizor's family and the dark prince involved in killing the jedi?

Minok
He won't be in any films.Lucas doesn't acknowlege expanded characters, if he did he would have to include a ton of Zahn's characters (C'Boath,Senator Iblis,Thrawn).Too bad though.

Xizor
That does suck, Id love to see the three you mentioned plus Xizor. Thrawn would be cool kicking some ass as a master tactician during the clone wars. It would also be interesting to see Bel Iblis hooking up w/ Bail and Mothma to verbally spar with Palpatine. Do you know if Lucas has publicly stated that their will be no novel characters in the prequels or do you just get that impression from the half-assed, roundabout non-revealing answers he gives in his interviews. If so what are Darth Henious and the Master Brit talking about?

Minok
I get that impression because he hasn't done it already with TPM.All characters in TPM were totally new to me.

UnknownBountyHunter
I hope GL comes to his senses and includes at least a few expanded characters (Thrawn being my main pick, Xizor would be awesome as well). GL is a lil' too stubborn with keeping characters only from his original design.

Xizor
I agree with you entirely, Thrawn would be incredible. I always wondered if GL was just being selfish in restricting it to his own ideas or if he would need to buy the rights to use expanded characters from the authors who created them. Your thoughts on that?

UnknownBountyHunter
GL would most likely need to pay the original writer of the characters, but it wouldn't be in a ridiculous amount to where the salary is similar to an actual actor. If he needed to, which is the most-likely scenario, pay for use of author-copyrighted characters, I doubt it would hurt him to spare the dough to make his movie(s) better.

Xizor
It should be a no brainer for him. Instead of spending time trying to create his own characters and hope the audience likes them he gets to use ones already created by great science fiction authors. Many of these characters are as good or better than anything he could come up with, it would validate the novels and give true star wars fans everywhere a reason to cheer.

The great Wise Master Brit Hunt
If you read the novel you see He hired his agents to Kill The Jedi Obi Wan Kenobi. If you dont think I am telling the truth go read the book yourself and one more thing He is going to be in the 3rd movie.

Xizor
If that's true it's great news. Xizor gives you a diffrent look at evil unlike the sith Vs. Jedi, Black vs. White. He's cold, intelligent, charismatic and totally pitiless. I'd love to see him involved in underhanded schemings against the Jedi like he did in shadows. I also want to see him sucking up to Palpatine and pushing Vaders buttons.

The great Wise Master Brit Hunt
I bet we see him young and Palaptine saves his life and I bet he knows Darth Vader's real name or Anakin bumped into him sometime in the past.

Master Teeic Solo
Xizor will make it to the Star Wars movies.
P.S I like the site.

UnknownBountyHunter
Let's hope so!

Minok
In "Dark Force Rising" the Noghri were wittness to a battle over thier planet Honoghr.That was during the Clone Wars after Anakin turned but before ANH.That would be a good way to incorprate novel fiction into his own story line.

Xizor
Hey Minok, aren't you the guy who smashed my dream of seeing novel characters in the prequelssmile Anyway the noghri scene would be real cool, maybe Anakin could be in it before he gets his armor. This would help clear up a problen I had with the Heir to the Empire books. If the Noghri only saw Vader in his leak proof suit with his mechanized breathing how could they immidiatly recognize Leia and Luke as his offspring. This would be answered if we could see an unmasked Anakin already turned and meeting with the Noghri.

Minok
That issue bothered me too, and in "The Last Command" they sniff Lukes right hand , isn't that the artificial one?

I didn't mean to smash your dream , I'm all for it myself, Reality Bites!

Xizor
So either they saw Vader before he was masked or they can sense the mechanical connection between them. But this dousn't explain how they know Leia. Zahn could have made this more clear, no disrespect though to a man who brought us Thrawn, C'Boath, Bel Iblis, Talon Karrde, Winter, Pallaeon, Fey'Lia, Leia's twins and Mara Jade.

UnknownBountyHunter
I would love to see screen footage of Honoghir after and before the Noghri were exploited and the terrain was destroyed.

Xizor
I'd like to see one of Vaders first acts of pure evil to be leveling the planet and then allying/enslaving the Noghri. If we do see this do you think it will feature a masked or unmasked Vader.

UnknownBountyHunter
Unmasked, because if this was Vader's first act, I doubt OB1 would have known of his turn to the dark side so soon, until he found out of Honoghir's destruction. I think that after this he finds Vader they battle and Vader falls into the mysterious muck.

Xizor
Unknownbountyhunter, why is it easy for you to accept the inclusion in the prequels of such things as Honoghir and the Noghri, when you are reluctant to think Jorus C'Boath, despite his connections to Palpatine and cloning, would be a good addition to Ep2 and 3?

UnknownBountyHunter
Too little information even for a novel-based character.

Xizor
How about that Prince Xizor? He's the bestsmile

Xizor
If it's doubtful that we'll see Xizor at his best (consorting with the empire, running Black Sun, disrupting and killing the good guys, iritating Vader)do you think it's plausable that we'll see cameo's of him and other book characters in the preqels? It would be crowd pleasing and meet the fans of novels halfway. For example Xizor could be seen briefly talking to the emperor before he makes a speech or a holo transmition, Iblis's name could be mentioned during a senate meeting, Thrawn could be talked of as the commander of an opposing force, C'Baoth could be seen briefly fighting or mentioned by the Jedi counsel, etc. Also in answer to UBH's response on C'Baoth: The crazy Jedi Master was mentioned 2 or 3 times as much in the Thrawn trilogy as the Nohgri and Hounogr.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, contributing to the fact that less than 10% of all Star Wars fans have ever touched one of the books, it would throw most audiences completely off the storyline saying "Huh?, duh, what is dat?" and it would waste to much screen time having to introduce the characters and have the background check.

tmenary
Xizor will probably not be in Episode III, as Lucas said he will not be using the books as a referance for events and characters. He said so about Boba Fett, and also about others. So I doubt he will use Xizor's story.

Xizor
duh beans!!

No cussing please Xizor

King Jedi
Listen. You lot are going to be so disapointed when ep2 comes out and there are no book characters. There won't be any simply because they are not important. Star Wars is about Anakin Skywalker NOT silly book characters. Lucas can come up with better characters by himself and if he starts including books he might as well include people from other films. How about Rambo fighting in the clone wars or James Bond working as a spy for Palpatine. Bond,Rambo and book characters all have something in common:
1: They have nothing to do with Star Wars
2: They have no chance of being in ep2.

UnknownBountyHunter
King Jedi, no opinion bashing OR member bashing, because:

a)There are no stupid opinions, just stupid accusations
b)Raz can ban you
c)Raz can ban you

King Jedi
I wasn't opinion or member bashing. I'm just getting fed up talking about books when there is another forum for that. No matter what the subject is we end up talking about books and it is becoming boring. Suggest a book character for ep2 if you like, but not on every topic.

Xizor
KingJedi you need to control yourself. 90% of this forum is unrelated to the books. I am the member who gets yelled at the most for talking about books, yet only 1 of the 10 topics I've started have been about the books(this one). If you wish to talk about other things start your own topic, I'll be glad to respond if it's interesting.

UnknownBountyHunter
TOpics in here that connect the new episodes to books ARE allowed. 'Nuff said

The Maker
This character will not be appearing as he is not part of the origional story.

Xizor
leave some evidence pleasesmile As this is my first and favorite topic please don't insult my opinions thank yousmile

Solardarth
this one is directed to the maker(clears throat) jackass

UnknownBountyHunter
Sorry Xizor, but that one warning is not compliant with you posting this after everyone of his remarks. Sorry but Raz has been contacted.

King Jedi
Don't get yourself banned because of the Maker. If you don't beleive him then fine. Wait until EP2 comes out and then we will see if he is right.

Xizor
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I had a disagreement with The Maker putting down all my ideas. This last comment was probably more vulgar then I intended, but I was not profane. I really enjoy expressing my opinions about star wars on this forum. 99% of my comments are intelligent and SW's related. I have lots of enthusium towards things other people might not agree with (books), and it disturbed me when this maker charcter went around coldly eliminating OUR ideas with no evidence whatsover. I am sorry for taking his bait and will not respond in such a way next time.

UnknownBountyHunter
Contact Raz and explain your problems with the Maker and he MIGHT do something about it.

King Jedi
3 quetions-answer them on a new topic if you like-
1. What can Raz do about the maker?
2.Why can Raz ban people?
3.Who is Raz?

UnknownBountyHunter
Answers:
1)Sadly, nothing Maker hasn't been profane or incompitent.
2)He is head moderator, 'Nuff said.
3)He is head moderator and owns the website www.episode-ii.co.uk

Xizor
I want to see Xizor seduce Amidala with his Falleen pheromessmile Well maybe not(it would mess up the plot) but it would be cool though.

UnknownBountyHunter
:::***Keep Dreaming Xizor***:::

Xizor
Yes, perhaps I could seduce Amidala with pheromessmile smile smile smile smile

UnknownBountyHunter
...:::***Case Closed, Post Closed***:::...
...:::******************************:::...

Xizor
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!Now we can continue with me seducing Portman with my pheromes....j/k. Let's hear the new guys opinions on Xizor being in Ep2-3.

UnknownBountyHunter
Nice or not they're opinions. smile I know what you mean. wink

Xizor
How would it look if Xizor was involved getting his hands and his criminal organization involved in Schmi's murder/the whole slave thing? I also want to hear the new members opinions on my man.

Dim
He could be Jabba the Hutt's best buddy...

Xizor
In Shadows he's the crime boss who Jabba fears and sucks up to/ Prooving how powerful Xizor really is.

He hates Jabba too by the way.

Dim
Well of course...He can't respect a suck up can he?...On the other hand, I bet he doesn't respect anyone. smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Yeah.

Xizor
Prince Xizor is not a stinky lizard boy.

theEviljedi
Like my title Xiz?

theEviljedi
There it is.smile

Dim
Yes he is Xiz...from a certain point of view stick out tongue hehehehehe!

King Jedi
I've just read this entire post again and forgot what fun we had when the Maker was here. EJ please stop posting straight after your last post. You are only doing it to get your post number up.

Dim
Yeah! hehehe...

It was fun with the Maker around...and UBH..The Maker hasn't been around since UBH took off to do the harvest.

King Jedi
What a strange coincidencesmile . Xizor do you really beleive that Xizor will be in Ep2 or are you just dreaming? If he isn't will it ruin the film for you?

theEviljedi
No I'm not.I forgot to add my sig. so I did it the next time.

Xantos Clone
it would be kool, but I get the feeling GL does not like to validate too much stuff that he did not write(or direct) himself....I mean the expanded universe has so many awsome characters (like Xizor and Xantos), but I doubt they will be in the actual movies...

looking at the equation "to contend this Xizor is to lose" poses the only logical answer.....

"to kill Xizor is to win" why waste time contending...

Dim
I does seem like GL would much rather make up new characters than use EU. I can understand why, with the following that some of the characters have there could be a real backlash if he puts them on the screen and they don't meet expectations for some reason.

Xizor
I'm bringing this site back. As you know it is my favorite and first post. I'll answer the questions posed before and then ask some more. First there are numerous actors and script writers who could make Xizor great, GL doesn't include novel characters because he is thickheaded. I mean 95% of SW's fans don't read the novels, so why is he con cerned about leting down that 5%, no they'd just be ecstatic to see a EU guy appear. It wouldn't really upset me to much to not see Xiz, I've already realized I won't, but it won't stop me from talking about how cool he's be and what he'd do if he was there. Lucas was just a tad peeved that so many authors stole his thunder in the 15 years he took off. By ignoring all the awesome characters they created he's selfishly trying to make the example that HE and only HE controls the happenings in the SW's universe. Fairly uncool since he misses the chance to borrow an already established character and put him in to the applause of many fans. You knew guys comment on this.

Ratcat
Thing is this, it appears he's going to disappoint them anyway by rewriting the history of Boba Fett.

Xizor
Explain RC, I mean we don't KNOW Fett's history. Beyond the fact that he was once a postman(real title sounds much cooler) named Jarus Mureel(real name is much cooler) who killed a colleague we know nothing about him. All Lucas has to do is give him that name and never totally contradict the murder part and he'll not change the character to much. He'd have to really go out of his way and spend way to much time in Ep2 on Fett then is neccisary in order to destroy the authors version.

Darth Daft
Personally I don't think we should find out his history at all. It would take away his mysterious appearance as a rogue bounty hunter who you could imagine having no friends and going through life how he chooses. Seeing him with his family will take this away, I think.

Jedimaster3838
I am a huge fan of the EU, I have read most of the books and really like some of the characters(Kyp, Anakin Solo, etc, etc). However, with that being said, I think it is best that Lucas not use book characters to tell HIS story. While I love what Zahn, Anderson, Stackpole, etc, etc. created there is no way they could have come up with a story as good as the original, they were just borrowing what Lucas already did. I hope that Lucas creates totally new characters that blow away the ones in the books(very hard to do though) If anything, I think an EU character should maybe make an appearance maybe by mention only, but play no major role, it would just seem as if Lucas can't create any original characters any more.

Darth Daft
I thoroughly agree with you JM3838. I wouldn't mind seeing EU characters in the background of certain shots or something. In fact, it would be fun for the fans to try and spot all of them. But it would be time-wasting if Lucas made them have large parts and taking away the chance to use his own ideas.

Xizor
I totally agree that we should not see Fett's personal life, seeing him at home, with friends/family and unmasked is totally the wrong thing to do. As for the EU characters I'd still love to see them. Though you made a great point, I think Lucas prooved in Ep1 that his new characters aren't much better then the ones authors have made(or in JJ's case much worse). At least including some of the most popular and interesting characters as role players or in the backround he ouldn't Hurt HIS story, and he'd please many fans.

Falcon4ever
Hey Great Brit where did you read that Xizor was going to be in Episode III. That would be sick!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.