Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dagons Blade
As a child of 10 in 1973, I was scared to death by this unusually good made for TV horror film, and at the October Chiller Theatre con' I found a copy of it on DVD R from a place called www.trashpalace.com at their local booth.

After viewing this excellent copy, I say it's still as fun to watch now as it was then. And yes this is the same film that is being remade in 2004, and I can only hope that they have the same formula that made the original so scary, or they get damn close to it. has anyone here seen or heard of this movie? It's a real gem in a sea of common stones as far as old school horrors go.

wicker_man
I totally agree although the terrestrial company that had the rights to it here in the UK totally messed up the showing times putting it all other the place but with that moan out the way i really enjoyed this show luckly i managed to catch a couple of shows on the more reliable Satellite television and it was great kids viewing.

Dagons Blade
Kids' Viewing? Are you sure you're not speaking of the TV show "Are You Afraid Of The Dark"? The film I'm talking about is called Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark.

I'm asking because THIS film I'm talking about was a 1973 made for
TV horror film that centered on a woman being terrorized by a trio of miniature demonoids who were trying to drive her crazy before killing her. Just trying to make sure we were on the same page.

wicker_man
Sorry my bad there was a thread similarly titled a while back were someone actually refereed to the kids programme 'Are You Afraid Of The Dark' as 'Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark' sorry cross wires here. embarrasment

Dagons Blade
Eh, no prob. Many people get this film confused with others, but I highly recommend ANYONE who can find a copy of this film to get it.....it's a real trip and a shining example of why some horror films work and work well.

Again, it's called 'Don'T Be Afraid Of The Dark" and it's available at www.trashpalace.com (last I visited) and their prices start from $7.98 and up. BTW Wicker Man, nice picture of the Hammer heavyweights there, real cool wink

papabeard
Anyone seen the remake, is it any good?

Tthe Almighty
yuo suck donkey balls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.