USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- PHILOSOPHY PATH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak
You guys are, at this point, climbing the stairs between the 13th and 14th floors. This is a typical high building stairwell.

A piece of loose paper, dropped from high above, flutters down between the stairways.

Trickster
Azrael reaches out and grabs it.

Ushgarak
"Projected Statistical Finance Objectives for the 2000 second quarter."

Pie charts.

Trickster
He crumples it into a ball and drops it on the stairs.
"Why would anyone bother throwing that down stairs?"
He sticks his head out and looked up.

OOC
Please dont kill me,please dont kill me PLEASE domnt kill me!

Dexx
rade continues to climb the stairs, throwing a glimpse at the piece of paper.
he doesn't mind it much

Ushgarak
You guys continue climbing... slightly more space between each floor than you thought! (and no, they are not wired with explosives...)

A piece of loose paper, dropped from high above, flutters down between the stairways.

Fire
"Anything useful Azrael?"

Trickster
"Nah, just some charts."

He grabs this piece of paper, to stop it hitting his face, but keeps walking.

What did he see ush?

Ushgarak
Nothing. Azrael, you catch the title on this piece of paper.

"Projected Statistical Finance Objectives for the 2000 second quarter."

Pie charts.

Trickster
Okay, Azrael will grab every piece of paper. Just keep them walking up, and give us anything interesting, or different.

Ushgarak
It's not different. There aren't any more.

Azrael, this is the same piece of paper.

Vincent Rendar
"Keep your eyes open guys, Jerichos has been giving us a hard time for a while, something tells me he aint gonna let up just yet...."

As he stand there soemthign pops into his head....

"What about the crew, I mean Jerichos crew....?"

Fire
"Let's go ppl"

Trickster
Ahah! I suppose tyhat means something. I didnt think it unusual for someone to have copies of something, in an office.

"Hey Fire, grab that first piece of paper. These are the same..."

Ushgarak
Oh my... ok, Fire; gets a Veteran's pass on this one.

Which is to say, Fire, that when you see Azrael grab a piece of paper that is the same one that just fell past you five seconds before, you nearly have a heart attack...

Trickster
"What do you mean Cas?"

Ushgarak
Azrael, there is no first piece of paper.

Fire
*Takes cell phone*

"WTF IS GOING ON?"

"Eyes open ppl, Azrael you know what it means when you get the same piece of paper falling the same way twice?"

Trickster
Oh I understand now...

Ushgarak
Shez is engaged, Fire.

Vincent Rendar
(Engaged, meaning? Squiddies?)

Ushgarak
The line is engaged!

Fire
I call the damn percy then

Ushgarak
Okidokey, though Azrael can do the talking if you prefer.

"Ok, here is the thing, so it is," says Finn. "I think it is about time you guys left. I'll find you an ex... oh. Well, you guys should get out of there, anyway."

Vincent Rendar
(Sorry.....No need for "!"....I got a little scared..Heh)

Castor Reaches into his jacket and puts his hand on one of his Glocks....He looks around suspiciously...

"We should keep going Fire...Were sitting ducks in the stairwell, best bet is to get outta here before something crazy happens..."

Fire
"Up or down Finn?"

Trickster
"What's going on Finn?! Quick!"

Fire
"I know castor, just give Finn a min"

Ushgarak
"Well, here's the thing," says Finn. "You actually CAN'T go down..."

Where, a few moments ago, you entered this stairwell, there is now an enormous metal girlle blocking the way with a sign saying 'out of order'.

"And you probably want to get up and away from the small army of SWAT guys coming up the stairs at you..."

There is a small army of SWAT guys coming up the stairs at you... about the sixth floor... seventh...

"Oh, and from above as well," adds Finn.

Vincent Rendar
(Were on the 14th floor now, can we just bust through this door?)

Fire
Run ppl, we aint gonna stay here take the door for the 14th floor

Ushgarak
Well, you were nearly on the 14th floor. But to answer your question more in the spirit that it was asked...

YESSSSSSSS!!!

Fire
when we reach the 14th floor door we go through it

Vincent Rendar
As he runs, sprinting up the steps he comes on the door to the top and Shoulder blocks it, while pushing the door nob, trying to open it quickly.

(You dont mind if i get there now ush, i dont wanna step on yer toes)

Trickster
Azrael ruins up the stairs, pulling his guns.

Ushgarak
"Ok," says Finn, in his trademark calm voice. "You need to get to the emergency exit stairs. You'll need to go all the way across this floor, through the office."

Finn is the best at this, Azrael. He'll have your escape route mapped out already.

Fire
"I suggest we take the door going through this wall will take time"

Trickster
Wha tdon i like about 'all the way across this floor'. lol. Yeah i edited my post.

Ushgarak
You don;t like all the people that will be in your way, Azrael, for a start!

Fire
"Be careful when you open that door guys"

Vincent Rendar
Pulls his Glocks and Begins surveying the area as they move across the floor toward the emergency stairs.

Ushgarak
The floor number on the lifts in froint of you goes from 13 to 14... and the doors open...

"Ok, you got action!" says Finn. "Blow your way through these guys!"

Trickster
laughing out loud Ok, well i ave guns out.. and ready to go!

Trickster
wrong tyhread ush...

Fire
"Ready yourself guys"
*Draws Katana*

(FFS Dexx)

Vincent Rendar
(I guess its combat time eh?)

Catsor smiles and readies his pistols.

"Ready...."

(Being close to the eleator also gives me the option to do some MA type styff...no baricades, ehh.)

Fire
it's the right thread trickster stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Ok, well, as you may have guessed, we are about to go into Combat Time here!

Before I go on, here are some important points to remember:

1. Numbers! You don't have your gunners, the Combat Path nicked them. You are simply smaller as a group than you were; ad just your tactics accordingly

2. Version change. Rounds are now FOUR actions again. However, it ie easier to gain a fifth via exertion. Exertion now loses you an action at 3 and gains you one at -3 for EVERYONE. Your speed now dictates your starting exertion each round. Speed 10 characters start at 0 exertion but get a bonus action straight away.

3. Synchronisation. Bane of my SW game, the fights will sometimes have to wait for the OTHER thread to catch up. I try to avoid that when I can but some events are important, timing wise. Sorry!

Everybody ready?

Fire
"Castor, Azrael Shoot em"
"Heph Rade get in there"

ALL of you: as always go for the kill not the wound, make sure you don't attack the same target.

VR and Trick: MIND YOUR AMMO

Trickster
Yep, Azrael runs to the neares tcubicle, and takes cover, pushing the wall onto it's side and crouching behind it

IF i am imagining a different layout, sorry, he'll just stand with castor.

Vincent Rendar
(Mind if I find a desk and flip it over for cover? I think the Glock 18 has burst or just bullets, cause the clips are very plentiful...like 33 rounds including the one in the chamber.)

Fire
well you can always switch to normal -non burst fire- but a glock is an automatic hand gun it can fire bursts

Trickster
Just blast the fools!

Ushgarak
Apologies for the delay... gives you more time to plan... just getting the combat guys intro position. Don't blame them, must be all the guns weighing them down...

Vincent Rendar
(Thanks Fire. Since were kinda at close range and the Glocks got some stopping power Im gonna go with bursts whenever ush starts the stuff up that is)

Trickster
Hmmm you think we could hide on each side of the lift, and blast them as the run out? And put a table across the door we came in by?

Fire
don't think you'll have time for all that trickster but maybe you guys can lay down cross fire, certainly would be helpful good thinking.
as to jam that door, I don't think we have time for that now, maybe rade or heph can use one of their possible banked actions

Ushgarak
The doors will open and guys come out in advance of you reaching the lifts.

Trickster
We could always hide... There are cubicles, so we could pop out and kick their asses when they are seperated. But i think we should blast em!

Ushgarak
Well, right now you are in the lift/toilets corridor... you are yet to reach the office. Itr is like the floor below.

Fire
take into account we have those dudes from the stair case on our ass's too if we don't hurry

Trickster
Okay.

Vincent Rendar
(lets get on with it then ush....)

Ushgarak
My previous comment about waiting for the Combat Path still stands, Vincent.

Trickster
We have to wait for the combateners, and theres only 2 online...

Ushgarak
I'll try and keep things more detatched once the fight gets going but I want it to start at the same time. There are more of them so logically they should NORMALYL be fatser off the mark.

Vincent Rendar
(Didnt see that Ush sorry, Heh, Im a little zealous..Heh...)

Ushgarak
Heh... np! Combat Path has gone so I shall most likely kick things off tomorrow. Better that way, gives EVERYONE time to get o grips with the Paths having diverged.

Trickster
damn... lol

Dexx
(oh..the paper was a deja vu guys....they changed the matrix by placing that wall. that's ususlly not a good thing ..erm....*snifs*..agents should be coming ...*cries* )

Rade draws his katana from his back and twirls it into an attack stance. He positions himself...waiting...
"come get some..."

Trickster
What, like when Neo sees that cat twice?

Dexx
yes! wow...i thought you'd get that
neo sees the cat = deja vu. and then...pop! a brick wall.
it's just like that

Trickster
It means a change in the system doesn't it? I uderstand what's going on now...

Dexx
yes...a change in the matrix...glaad you figured it.
Ariadne must have seen the change in the code...

Ushgarak
Ok! Let's kick this off! Again, as you have had warning of this fight, you can begin with weapons drawn.

For your orientation, you are currently in a corridor that the lifts lead out onto. There is little cover here- maybe the water cooler or the odd trolley, worth only one point. There is an exit to the toilets (dead end), to the lifts (full of SWAT), to the stairway (no point going back that way!), and into the open plan office (the SWAT are in the way)

Three of the six lifts are opening and disgorging SWAT. They are armed with either assault rifles or shotguns. They are skill 9, with two points of body armour. Also remember there are more coming up the stairs.

Incidentally, SOMEONE needs to stay on the phone to Finn. That person will be impeded if trying to use a melee weapon and, obviously, cannot wield a two-handed weapon or two pistols!

Note the numbers attached to Mundanes now. The first number is their suffered Hits, the second their exertion.

Also remember that, in an action, people with the lowest exertion go first.

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First Round, first action

Lift corridor

6 SWAT with shotguns 0/0
12 SWAT with assault rifles 0/0

Fire: 15/0/0
Castor: 12/0/0
Rade: 10/0/0
Heph: 15/0/0
Azrael: 10/0/0

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Rade (1), Azrael (1)

-----

Those two are owed actions because their high speed meant they actually started on -3 exertion which translates into an extra action.

Everyone goes before the SWAT guys because you are on the same exertion and get player privilege.

As you guys should know, you want to hit these guys as hard as possible. Don't forget to post defensive actions if you want to take them, and also don;t foreget to post EXTRA ones if you charge into combat! They'll get a couple of free shots on you.

Dexx
okay...with a roar, rade performs a vertical charge on the nearest swat

Trickster
I'll be on the phone...

Azrael opens fire with one of his Ingrams using, 4 bursts on one of the shotgun dudes and wallks to the cover. Willow Step as Defence. Howe many actions have i got left?

Fire
I head in using roaring blade strike, trying to slash the forward left assault rifle guy, use Willow step for the free attacks (if it's more than 1) or Shell of the turtle if it's just one

normal defence: Willow step if it's more than 1, just 1 use Crane Stance

Fire
Azrael will be on the phone

Fire
Heph: get in their,
Castor: you seem to be the main gun man: so do your best
Rade: nice going you're there
Azrael: try and keep your fire as direct as possible because these guys have that screwy armour, use your bursts

Trickster
Edited my post...

Ushgarak
Ok, Rade, you spend your banked action running in with that, and charge home.

However, I will not allow your attack unless you specify your target. Nearest will not do. Also, don't forget they will get reflex attacks on you.

Ok, if Azrael is on the phone there is no question of BGB. How much do you want to fire, and at which target, Azrael?

And I need a target from you as well, Fire.

Ushgarak
Ok, Azrael, you fire.

Shots ring out once more... you roll +1, making your final total 18. His dodge took him to 11, which means after suntracting his armour, that is a hit for 5- solid hit, but he's still up...

That's an exertion to move into cover as well, unless you use Gathering of the Clouds.

Trickster
At the first shotgun guy, with 4 bursts. I'll get behind some cover, that cooler,anything. And then it depends how many actions i have left... Willow step defence if i am fired at though. Sorry didnt know if you saw my post.

Could I shoot as one action, move as another, and then shoot again, at the same guy if hes still alive? Another 4 bursts.

Dexx
okay..then..a target...a swat guy with a shotgun

Ushgarak
Well, you still have an action in hand, Azrael.

Rade, ok, two of the shotgun guys get relfex attacks on you! They ka-chink! their guns first.. they roll +1 and evens... misses!

Your attack rolls evens, which the Verticle Charge makes 17. Your target dodges, of course, taking his defence to 11, so after the armour that is a hit for 4. You tear a chunk out of his armour and cut into him, but he is not dropped...

Ushgarak
Ok Azrael (just trying to keep up with your editing), you fire again. The moving into cover was not an action, only an exertion for moving and firing at once, which as I say can be Gathering of the Clouds into no exertion as well, if you want to spend the focus.

You fire again, for +2, a total of 19, which even with his dodge will not save him as he is already hit. In a blaze of fire he goes down...

Fire
"One down"

Ushgarak
In fact, I hope you DO spend on Gathering, Azrael., Otheriwse, because of the exertion you gained from moving into cover, that guy you dropped will still get his action to fire before you actually killed him (he would have acted first)

Dexx
oh..gift of the emperor on him wink
(so i have to spend two actions without my sword)

(don't know if i can..but i'll ask you anyway. if no, than ok..i want to declare my next couple of moves because i can't post untill tomorrow.

so..jump of the grasshopper on a swat with an assault rifle.
and, recover my sword.
defenses...willow steps (if more than one shooting at me)
so bank these..and use them when it's their turn.

Ushgarak
Fire, two of the assault rifle guys take reflext attacks at you... they roll +4 and -1. The +4 is a 16. Direct hit! 14 damage minus your toughness of 8 is 6 wounds, Fire, as a shot goes hrough the side of your coat. Close one, might not be so lucky next time...

You strike, rolling +2. Your target dodged (no Hands Without Shadow, Fire?), giving him an 11, but your raring Strike ignores his armour, so your 17 is a Hit of 6. Furthermore, your sword has a Mundane Killing Power of +1, and your total base damage is 11, giving another +1... so that is a Kill! You slash your man down!

Trickster
I'll use it then... How many spare actions? Just one? I'll switch guns and fire 4 burst at another guy, an assult rifle one this time.

Ushgarak
Ok, Rade, I can bank those, and consider that guy gifted, as you twist your sword and run him through!

BTW, no need to spend the second action recovering your sword. You get it back automatically (so long as you are still near it) after two actions so you can make another attack banked if you want.

Dexx
okay..flip of the grasshopper on another swat with a shotgun (or the one i kicked, if he's not out)

Ushgarak
Oooh, you big coward, trying to leave combat! Heh, okidokey then...

And no no, Azrael, all your actions are used now!

Trickster
Okay, can you give me an outline of how they were spent, cos im not too used to the system. Thanks.

Ushgarak
Ok, well, you had two actions (one that was auto-banked for your high speed, and one action because, well, it was your turn) and you have made two attacks, so that tracks out. If you look in the combat thread you may see Burn and Ares taking seemingly endless attacks against Mundanes; that is because of their Master level in Coppertop Killer.

Trickster
Okay, so in a round total i have four, but the first time i get 2, meaning i have 5 total?

Ushgarak
Yup. Anyone who gets to -3 exertion gets an extra action, but with Speed 10 you start at -3 exertion, so you get the extra action immeditately, and your exertion resets to zero.

Trickster
So i have to get it BACK t o-3 to get another one?

Vincent Rendar
(Hmm..me the main gun man....that sucks. Heh. Alright then)

Two bursts from each Glock, I want it to go against a aurd with a shot gun.

Ushgarak
Indeed so, Azrael!

Ok, Castor, you open fire. THis loses you an exertion, as it is Fast from Coppertop Killer...

Now, you are still getting -2 to hit from Basic level Both Guns Blazing. This only becomes minus one because your guns are firing two bursts. You roll +2, which gives you a final total of 14. He dodges, to take his defence to 11... that is a Hit for 2!

With that -2 to hit from basic Both Guns Balazing, Castor, I reckon you need to throw tons of bullets around- try four bursts next time.

Vincent Rendar
(How man bullets in a burst, I dont wanna run outta ammo in the one fight)

Ushgarak
3. The better way to remember it is that a Glock 18 carries 11 bursts.

Trickster
"We can pick up ammo after Castor!" Azrael yelled.

or i say normally, if that would cost me something.

Vincent Rendar
(lol....your crazy az....crazy crazy crazy)

Trickster
OOC
lol

Vincent Rendar
(Well gangs all here, cept for rade....hes never on heh...can we start rping again?)

Ushgarak
Waiting for Heph, aren't we? I have been doing LOTR work all day; may move on soon though.

Trickster
OOC
We don't have to finish at the same time as the combat people do we? Cos there's a LOT more of them!

Ushgarak
Nah, don't worry about that.

Trickster
OOC
Goodgood, can we just bank Heph's actions? and move on?

Vincent Rendar
(lol.)

Ushgarak
Ok, lemme see! Well, this one looks like being rather nasty- a lot of shots coming as the SWAT guys open fire!

15 shooters and five targets, three attacks each! Extra shotgun attack goes on... oooh... Fire.

Oooh, a very near miss on Fire!

We have two hits on Castor... no defensive action from you, Castor? Even with your improved physical stats, that is still 13 damage you just took! One hit of 6, another of 7. You may want to Shielded in Life some of that, Castor- early in this fight to be picking up significant damage.

Unlucky, Rade, a pure luck hit on you as you twirl around in the battle, for six damage.

A single hit on Heph as well for six damage- as he was not here to declare a defensive action, I shall Shield that for him as he reflexively twists away.

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First Round, second action

Lift corridor

2 SWAT with shotguns 0/1
1 likewise 0/2
1 likewise 2/2
11 SWAT with assault rifles 0/0

Fire: 10/6/1
Castor: 12/13/-1
Rade: 6/6/1
Heph: 8/0/1
Azrael: 8/0/2 (in cover behind trolley)

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Heph (1)

-----

Ok, folks, try and get these guys dropped ASAP, and tell me if you want to have used Shielded, Castor.

Incidentally, those Assault rifle guys are firing before everyone EXCEPT Castor this action. Post your defences now- two assault rifle strikes on each of you, a third on Rade.

Also post your attacks; if Castor drops one he won't fire. If you Willow Step that will work against the shotgunners when they fire later as well.

Trickster
Willow step, and fire a4 bursts from the other gun, at one guy.

Ushgarak
Okidokey! The attacks on you roll +2 and -1- not good enough!
However... what other gun? You only have one drawn, having agreed to be phone guy.

Trickster
Oh right. Let me rethink that..

Trickster
just the two bursts from my gun, then drawing my other one.

Fire
I use unyielding tiger stance to gain a reflex attack (-3 focus)
if I hit then use Gift of the emperor to kill him (-1 focus)
then I head over to the next person I find (an assault rifle) and I use Laughter of the fox on him (-2 focus)

If I provoke reflex attacks so be it, for other attacks: vertical dodge (-2 focus)

total of -8 focus

Ushgarak
Vertical dodge so noted, Marcus, which makes this an impressive turn for you...

Bloody good job as well, one of the shooters rolled +4 for a 16! Nice piece of timing, just misses! You get your reflex attack (for others to note, a gun attack at point blank counts as a melee attack for that sort of power), and roll an evens... well, that will hurt but not kill him, but giving him the gift finishes that problem off! He halls back, your sword through his chest.

You quickly slip to the next guy along and grab at his weapon! Evens again- all you needed! You take the gun, spin, twist and fire! Only two bursts left, sadly. Still, enough to get a Hit of 5 on him, almost a kill!

Azrael, you fire. I have your roll... was that a shotgun or rifle guy you were firing at?

And will you drop your other gun? Makes the draw faster but... I dunno if you want the gun.

Trickster
Azrael drops the gun, as long as he can pick it up again after the fight(I presume he can)> No point in two guns, with only one hand.

Has Finn been saying anything?

Ushgarak
Yup, but I thought it could wait until you had a mo. Was your last shot just there against a rifle or shitgun guy?

Trickster
rifle guy, if the last one is dead... If not go for the wounded guy...

Trickster
hehe shitgun guy.... hehe im so immature.

Ushgarak
Doh! says I

You rolled +2, for a final strike of 17, a Hit for 4! Not bad, another one will kill him.

And then you drop and draw!

Vincent Rendar
(Ugh....forgot to willow step last time...I wont this time.)

Okay, 4 Bursts form each glock, natural order for the defense.

Ushgarak
Natural Order? You sure, that might get expensive if more than one guy fires at you...

And firing at a shotgunner or rifleman?

I won't update tonight as some people will not have been here for New Year's and I am damn tired! Normal service resumes tomorrow...

Vincent Rendar
(Thats for every individual person? Hmm...I see..Then i guess just willow step.)

General Zink
Heph takes out his staff and moves into close combat with the shooters, and...if I may...

Onslaught of the Bamboo! evil face

Dexx
yes, yes..i'm here...so you can forget about those banked actions....
willow step as a defense

Ushgarak
You may indeed say Onslaught of the Bamboo, Heph, though I will first of all say 'reflex attack from the gunners' and 'which shooters?' first... don't think you can enter combat with all of them at once. I reckon about 4 would be a good practical limit.

Ushgarak
Ok, those assault rifle guys had fired before your attacks, let's see how they went...

Ooooh! JUST missed Rade as his last second Willow Step (and recent skill increase...) kicks in!

Direct hit on Heph though. +7. That is a hit for ten damage. As ever, you can try and mitigate that with Shielded in Life, Hph, though how much focus you spend on that is up to you.

Azrael is almost hit, but the wtaer cooler takes the brunt- exploding, sending water showering all over...

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First Round, third action

Lift corridor

2 SWAT with shotguns 0/1
1 likewise 0/2
1 likewise 2/2
8 SWAT with assault rifles 0/0
1 likewise 4/1
1 likewise 5/1 (disarmed)

Fire: 2/6/2
Castor: 10/13/0
Rade: 3/6/2
Heph: 3/5/2
Azrael: 5/0/3 (in cover behind trolley) (exerted)

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Heph (2), Castor (1)

-----

I know what one of Heph's and what Castor's banked actions ARE, I just need to know their targets better. Then they can take their normal actions as well.

Ok, keep it going guys... good news is, only two bursts from the assault rifle guys this time.

Dexx
jumpf of the grasshopper on a swat with assault rifle
(i assume i have my sword back)

Ushgarak
After this action I think, yes.

You roll +3 for a 17, nice... a Hit of 4... and what with him being sent prone and the MKP of +3 that has, I shall rule that as a kill! He flies back into the lift doors, and alumps inside the lift just as the doors close...

Trickster
No move for me then?

Ushgarak
Not this action I am afraid. You have been busy getting into cover and dodging!

Trickster
ok

General Zink
4 of the unhit rifle SWAT for Onslaught, Ush, if you don't mind.

And I will use Shielded on that hit...

Ushgarak
Ok, I will Shield out enough for you to do the Onslaught! That's only 3 damage less I am afraid then.

Then, you close in... that's two relfex attacks on you!

-1, a miss... +1... also a miss!

Ok, now you are Neo-ing this one, twirling with your staff to attack all in range! Heph gets 4 attacks with his onslaught, and for each one that hits he gets +1 to hit for the rest of this mighty attack!

First opponent he rolls -1, for a 14. That is a Hit for just 1. But now he is on +1 to hit!

Second opponent he rollds -2 again, this time a 15, and a Hit for 2. Now he is on +2 to to hit!

Third opponent he rolls evens, for a 17. That is a Hit of 4! And for the final attack he gets +3 to hit.

He rolls +2, for a total of 20, a Hit of 7, and the Killing Power of the staff is enough to take that guy out, as the staff cracks open his headgear and lays him out, smashing him into a nearby wall!

Now, that has helped! You now also have a spare action, Heph- but no focus.

(He's dangerous when he geta angry, is Heph...)

Dexx
KICK OF THE GRASSHOPPER on another swat with a rifle

Ushgarak
Okidokey, that is banked for you, Rade.

Vincent Rendar
I target a guy with a shotgun, different one than before.(for last action)

This action I want to Use 3 bursts form each glock and unload them into another shotgun guy.

Trickster
Ush, might not be able to get onto a comp 2moz, so if i can, I'll fire four bursts at that guy who i just shot. If he dies, il fire four bursts at another assult rifler, but if not another four bursts at him.

Ushgarak
Ok! Castor, you unload those 4 bursts, first of all. You roll +3! A final total of 17. That is a Hit of 4.

But ah! Glocks on burst fire with BGB have a Mundane Killing Power of 2. And you have another MKP of 2 from Coppertop Killer! So that is a kill! Nice!

You fire again. -1, less good. His armour stops the bullet there, I am afraid!

That's two exertion you lose from that, Castor, being fast on those attacks.

Azrael, so noted. Plenty of banked actions there!

Vincent Rendar
(I get an extra action next turn dont i cause now i have -3 exertions?)

Ushgarak
You are on -2 right now, I make it. If you fire at mundanes again next action you go to -3... if you don't take any defensive actions.

Vincent Rendar
(Defensive actions cost an exertion? Weird....I gotta exert myself not to get killed...lol...then eventually i will have to not protect myself wiht a defensive action cause ill be totally exerted....hmm....interesting...okay)

Ushgarak
Virtually all Defensive actions cost exertion, yes (else why not use a basic dodge? There has to be a trade off). I agree it is impractical, speed wise, to take them all the time. it is down to risk judging.

It makes logical sense- all exertion is is a track of how much you are trying to do at once. Actively dodging is always more ffort than just trying to keep a low profile etc.

Vincent Rendar
(I get what you mean ush,its a good system i think. I hardly ever think of just basic dodging tho..heh.)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>