Knowing Everything

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
I looked at the timeline on the internet and by god there is absolutly no chance that anyone could understand Tolkiens work, perhaps he didnt understand every last detail about Middle Earth.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum knew alot, infact possibly everything about his work?

Kitoky
I wouldn't say anyone knows everything because much of Tolkien's work has not revealed even by Christopher Tolkien, There are many die-hard Tolkien fans, I must say that I'm one of them. I think I know alot about many of the things that occur in Middle-Earth myself but I don't know everything.

Discos
it looks like Sauron knows alot, but I wouldnt call myself a die-hard fan, I have only read ROTK

Kitoky
Sauron, Exa, and all of them know alot but some people looks up the info such as the Encyclopedia of Arda to get some of their information that they share.

Exa
I don't think it's possible to know everything about Middle-earth.

Tolkien himself also sometimes mixed up things though he is the only one who knew everything that could be known.

thorC
exactly. sometime i think i know. when people around me ask some questions about the Middle Earth or LotR thing, i can give them the asnwer. but i can;t call y self as die hard fan as well.

Aurora
I by no accounts know everything about Tolkien. I try and learn as much as I can, and I want to thank everyone on here who is teaching me. EXA, sauron, and Kitoky are huge teachers, thank you!

Lord_Andres
I my self don't know every thing, only read Silmarilion and ROTK, and ofcorse seen the moviessmile Turin and Ush seem too know alot too

sauron
well i seriiously doubt any of us here know everything, sometimes i have to turn to encyclopedia of arda to help me, and also my handy little "complete tolkien companion book"

books from tolkien i have read are (in order)

two towers
return of the king
hobbit
fellowship
two towers again
rotk again
unfinished tales
letters of tolkien
silmarillion
the history of middle earth books
weapons and warfare
lost tales part 1
am currently reading part two

and i think thats it really, although thats good seeing as it was the first film that got me interested (thats why i read ttt first, thought i knew fellowship WRONG i was indeed) so i have read them all in two years

sauron
but there are some people who know a great deal exa. kitoky certyaintly knows a deal, nazgul i think does plus she has the gift of not taking it all too seriously < founder of spoof thread. fini also quite intelligent turin, camellia knows her fill, i know quite a bit aswell but i dont think im as good as most of them

Kitoky
There's so much to learn about Tolkien's fantasy world and it's a beautiful creation and really you wonder what else is to happen to Tolkien's world but we can always let our minds take us there. I think the only person who knows an extreme amount of info on Tolkien and Middle-Earth is Christopher Tolkien.

thorC
umm . i spend most of my time working. and of coz reading . i love Tolkien . i 've read his books since i was studying. But still have many questions about his books. i know that he is a prof. in language. he created many language in middle earth. for the first time i read his book (TTT) i was sent to middle earth as the first two lines. that 's great!!. and i think every Tolkien geeks here are cool. if you know anyone from the greenbook at theonering. net , you will know that they are great too. you know Quickbeem at the greenbook publish the book about LotR and Tolkien. you must buy it and read it.

Discos
If Tolkien saw that his creation went onto film he would of been pleased I think, he said that it wouldn't work as a movie buyt it has made Billions of (non readers) people understand his awesome work!

Aurora
I think that Tolkien would have been pleased that the book was adapted. Most of all because of the dedication, love, and loyality that was put into them!

Kitoky
But then again Tolkien might not like how PJ made the movies.

sauron
he would still appreciate it, even if he didnt like the movies, unlike that stuck up bastard chris tolk

Lord_Andres
ya whats with him, is there even a interwiev with him?

Lord_Andres
he should be very proud of hes old mans work

sauron
says the films could never portray his fathers work properly, so a big **** off to him

Kitoky
He can go to hell

sauron
writes good notes though like in unfinished tales, and lost tales and so on and so forth

Kitoky
mmmhmmmm he needs to learn how to recognize a good film and an adaption when he sees it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.