Will the Lizard be in Spider-man 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

super shadow GL
i think so it would be a great movie with the best villain of all time.

metalruskie07
It said on comics continuum that Dr. Connors will be in the movie him changing maybe alluding to spiderman3, kind of weird though The lizard isn't a very interesting character imho. I would go with Harrys continued hatred and killing Gwen, I know it will happen and I can't wait until it does.

joesha28
I suspect cos in spiderman 1. Toby mentions about curt connors who will soon become the Lizard, but i wish to see Venom.

Zephonim
The Lizard is one of the best characters because of his relationship with Parker. In different versions of the Lizard story Parker is even helping Connors do his experiments, he has a hand in changing him to the Lizard. Also, the fights would be wicked quick because of how fast they both are. They have an actor and everything for Connors too, so it wouldn't be too hard to believe that he could be in the third.

Red Superfly
Like I said in another post, I expect The Lizard to be the bad guy in the 3rd film, introducing Eddie Brock for possibly number 4 (it would be wise to do this and keep the movies open for a fourth to be made easily - and given that fans would be rabid enough to see Venom - a fourth one would easily get made - they should save Venom for when they need such a money spinning character - and set up his origins in the 3rd film first).

You see, making Venom is hard to do in one film. The way in which Eddie Brock transforms into the entity is quite slow. He needs to get fired, lose everything and hate Spiderman and Peter Parker. Spiderman also needs to wear the suit for a while so Venom gets Spidermans powers and this is also why Venom HATES Spiderman (as the symbiote was dumped by Peter and Brock got dumped on by Spiderman). They need to be REALLY careful with Venoms origin because it's all about setting up Peters nightmare.

Venom would also spend a lot of the movie making Peters life a living hell. Then throw in all the usual character development. This can not be done properly in the 3rd film. It needs to be set up in 3rd, and then executed in 4. Only this way will they do the character justice.

Think about it. If people are TOO keen to see Venom in 3, there's a good chance the movie-makers will abandon The Lizard (or God forbid make him a second enemy - noooooooo) in favour of making a quick buck with Venom - because foolish Venom fanboys couldn't wait for the proper set-up and wanted him NOW. Then all the fanboys will complain about what a bad job they did with Venom and I'll be stood here to tell you: "I told you so".
However, seeing as they could EASILY make 10 Spiderman films and have plenty to go around, I reckon they should stick to making The Lizard for the 3rd. The Lizard is a great character - he is easily as interesting as Venom. Eddie Brock could be introduced as the snoopy reporter trying to expose Conners and get duped by a (black symbiote suited?) Spiderman - setting up Venom in number 4 properly

The Ones
i think that in no.3 we see the shuttle crash, spidey wearing the symbyote, brock being fired, and in the 4th, we could see the other half (spidey getting rid of the sybyote, it going on eddie and they fight) and who wants carnage to be in the movie after Venom

Zephonim
Plus, Venom would not only make money, but he would be a pricey character to make. He would almost need to be like the Hulk from the movie, 100% CG. He gets bigger as he gets madder, and the tongue would be a ridiculous thing to see.
But I almost don't see Venom being in a movie, unless they did a Matrix style thing where they release one movie, then the next one a few months down the road. Cuase let's face it; that story is way too much for one movie.

The Ones
look at what i said

Zephonim
And I'm trying to agree with you.

The Ones
big grin

Red Superfly
Yeah it looks like we're understanding what makes a good story. You are obviously not of the fanboy kind.

I have had to explain myself so many times to people who are like "OMG I want VENOM in the thrid movie, Venom r0x0rz!", and I try to tell them that if Venom is in 3, Venom will be a watered down character. Venom's story requires a LOT of time to pass. Seeing as Spiderman 2 obviously does not set up the symbiote or Brock well enough, it'll have to be done in 3. People should realy grasp the concept of "storytelling". Too many just want to see Venom - without thinking logically about the repercussions of bringing him to the screen prematurely.

Green Goblin, Dock Ock and The Lizard can be created quickly and easily. They are the results of lab experiments gone wrong. A quick "boom" "bang" and "oh my God what have I done!" and we have our villain. Venom is totally different - his character is the combination of two parrelel storylines: a) the symbiote being dumped by Peter - who MUST wear it in oder for it to replicate his powers and know his identity, and b) Eddie Brocks fall from grace at the hands of Spiderman. One movie is simply not enough. This HAS TO BE a slow process. If you are any sort of Venom fan, a true Venom fan who wishes to see justice done to such a wonderful and deep character, then you will understand that The Lizard should be in 3, and Venom in 4.

Also, I heard when they were making 2, The Lizard was reported as one of the possible villains, it was just a rumour mind.

Man, a simple five year old who watched the cartoon from the 90's would know that The Lizard should come before Venom, for the sake of all that is good.

Zephonim
I agree. Venom is almost too complex and long a story for movies. It took 3 episodes of the cartoon to get the story out, and that was done pretty quick and wasn't very deep.
Lizard is a kick ass villan. I would love to see him in 3, and the guy they cast for Connors is perfect. Lizard would be a great step from Ock. I have all faith that Sam won't rush into anything, or make a movie with a villan that wasn't developed.

The Ones
i hope that we see the lizard at the end of spidey 2

Red Superfly
It would be sweet to see, at the end of say Spiderman 2, Doctor Conners giving a lecture on his new theory of cell regeneration, or something like a lecture about lizard DNA and what it could do for mankind. This could be a cool time (like the funeral at the end of the first one) for Peter to give the ending "Peter Parker moment" speech.

I can picture that actually.

max
the lizard is in all the games made after spider-man 2, i'm not saying he is in for sure but he might.

The Ones
how about in the last 1 (no.6) carnage and venom symbyotes combyne with doc ock to create Monster Ock

joesha28
U mean making spidey's movie wear the synbiote?!! Wow i pity those movie makers. they have to show that Beyonder-battle world thing. Man that will be one heck of a story. Not to mention the other heroes. Ok think we will see Venom in Spiderman 6 or 7.

Red Superfly
There are other ways of doing it........... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Yeah The Lizard will definetely be in Man-Spider 3.count on it.

The Ones
**** OFF MR PARKER, *pms raz to try and get him banned*

Jab3030
First and foremost, If you want straight action. I'd go with the Lizard. But if you truly want to feels spiderman's pain they should bring in Kraven the Hunter with the Lizard. If you read the comic's you know Kraven would be easy to incorporate, easy to animate, (just a guy with a lion's mane) and easy to sell. If you never read the Spider Man Tourment series, you need to check it out. It's also some of Todd Mcfarlanes best work. Last thing, I love Spider Man so much that I don't think I wanna see more than 4, at the most five movies. I don't wanna the Spider Man Friday the 13th Syndrome!!

FeceMan

Spiderman_RJ
like i say venom must have his own movie, (BLEEEEEERGH A, ARGH< UFFFFFFF) otherwise they cant tell a good history or either the hospital and psycologist will be full of pacients

shadow225588
Now that we have seen spiderman 2 i think the next villian is Harry as Green Goblin

Red Superfly
It's pretty clear its Harry.

But i think they'll have The Lizard.

It'll re-write the history books - the first superhero movie with two villains that is actually GOOD!

Ironman 66
the lizard and green goblin team up or venom and green goblin team up

Ironman 66
they had two villians in x men x2 and in daredevil

MaxCarnage
Lizard was cut out of the Spider-Man 2 game. Why? He is in the next film. If it's not it's Scorpion and the Spider-Slayers.

Venom and Carnage are NOT in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films.

Paola
talk about this in the official Spidey 3 thread.......http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f47/t300333.html

closing....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.