Vertigo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lone_Dragon
Who in the world is this mutant I've been hearing about? The name is 'Vertigo' Can some one give me info and a pic?! Thanks!!!!

Darth Jello
vertigo isn't a mutant, she's a mutate, she was created by magneto along with several other mutates in the savage land. she can manipulate people's perception of space and time

Lone_Dragon
Cool! Anyone got a pic?! I wanna see this chick!!

Vampiree
her bio:

Affiliation: Marauders
Previous Affiliations: Savage Land Mutates
Powers: Vertigo projects a field that causes dizziness and nausea in her foes. She was one of the second group of Savage Land Mutates, replacing Equilibrius, who had similar powers. She fought against the X-Men, Spider-Man and Ka-Zar and was eventually rendered powerless. Somehow, she got her powers back and left the Savage Land before its destruction by Terminus. Perhaps it was Mr. Sinister who restored Vertigo's powers, as she was next seen as part of his Marauders. In that capacity she was part of the massacre of the Morlocks and the subsequent chase after Madelyne Pryor and her son Chris.
During the "Inferno" event, Vertigo and her teammates were killed by the X-Men, but since Sinister has her DNA, she was cloned again and helped to chase down X-Man and Threnody with her (cloned) teammates.

Months later, Vertigo was again seen with the Savage Land Mutates when Brainchild took action against the (X-Treme) X-Men and the sentient Saurians. Due to Sinister's manipulations, it is not clear whether this is the original Vertigo, the clone who was part of the Marauders, or possibly yet another clone that never left the Savage Land.

and a small pic that was attached to her profile:

Lone_Dragon
-huggles Vampiree- Thanks!!!! n.n

DezW
grrrr... I hate her... she almost killed my sweet...

DezW
here is a small pic

Vampiree
no prob lone big grin

Jason Horan
Question, who's your sweet? stick out tongue

Vampiree
nightcrawler roll eyes (sarcastic) she's obsessed big grin *runs away from a furious dezzie*

Jason Horan
Nightcrawler laughing out loud oh no *runs away with Vampiree* stick out tongue

Vampiree
laughing out loud we are so dead... we better pray that she will not come here big grin

Jason Horan
laughing out loud

DezW
no... I have an affection for Caliban... it is so obvious I shouldn't tell ya big grin

noo!! *hugs the desperate Kurt* I was jokin!!!

Vampiree
phew! she's not mad... *they stop running* tea, anybody?

Jason Horan
Sure i'll have a cup...man, we are really off topic stick out tongue laughing out loud

Vampiree
laughing out loud yeah back to topic big grin *gives jason his cup* here, yer coffee big grin

Lone_Dragon
GAH! Dat evil brat almost killed Kurt?! -faints and gets back up- Poor Kurt! ;_; He's soooo cute!!! n.n; -steals Kurt from Dez- I wanna see more pics of Vertigo! I think she's kinda cool! n.n;;;;;

BarmyBrummie
God no, not a Kurt fight!

Lone_Dragon
Yes a Kurt fight! -simrks and huggles HER Kurt- XD -gives him back to Dez-

kohl
here's vertigo again.

Lone_Dragon
Woah!! Awesome pic, kohl! Where y' guys find these pics?!

kohl
somewhere online. it was aeons ago so i can't say where exactly.

kohl
--

kohl
---

Kes
Well the question as been answered so I should close the thread.
But would you guys like me to change the title to Vertigo and make it her thread?

Vampiree
welll, we don't really have a vertigo thread... i would say: let's give it a try

Kes
Ok, 1 vote is enough big grin

Vampiree
heheh big grin cuz it's MY vote big grin laughing out loud

BarmyBrummie
What happened to that pr's thread?

BOPRecruit 16
there's a group called the marauders?

kohl
they were behind the morlock massacre. mr. sinister was behind their forming and keeps their dna to clone them again and again as he needs them.

Paola
post more Vertigo pics please!!!! big grin maybe from the Animated Series?

Jason Horan
Well...me and Complex had a heated discussion when he verbally bashed ArKeS, I stepped in and I think the end result was them both getting restricted and the thread being deleted permanently sad

Lone_Dragon
More Vertigo Pics please! I wanna go to a convention as her! n.n;

Paola
please? *puppyeyes*

Jason Horan
I'm a sucker for puppy dog eyes heres all i could find...

Paola
thanks Jason!!!! *hugs Jason*

kohl
---

Lone_Dragon
Woo! Awesome pics!!!!! More!!!

kohl
here's one more. pretty different from the rest.

Lone_Dragon
Woah! Awesome!!! I love these pics! They are so awesome!!!

kohl
they are.

Paola
yeah nice!!
but what about the Animated Series' ones?
got any? no ?

kohl
i don't have any with vertigo.

Paola
Oh http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/sadwalk.gif thanx anyway big grin

Lone_Dragon
Was Vertigo ever in the animated series? -ish curious

DemonicGambit-2
Yeah she was in a couple of the episodes. But not to many, she was in the Savage Lands ep, Reunion (I think...)

Paola
oh yeah.... and the ep where Jean & Scott get married and are kidnapped by Sinister's Nasty Boys right after the wedding laughing
I believe that's "Beyond Good & Evil pt. 1"

Lone_Dragon
I know this is sad....But I've seen only one X-men episode... -cries her eyes out- Go on and make fun of me.... sadwalk

Paola
eek! HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA lol1

Paola
j/k stick out tongue

coughdowncoughloadthemcoughcoughfromcoughcoughcoug
hKacoughzaacoughcoughcough

I really should stop smoking angel_not

Lone_Dragon
Just for that... -steals Scott and does things with him- O.o; -then has his child- ;p And I will ;p

Paola
shock shocking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! my Scott.... I lost him.... weep

BarmyBrummie
scott sucks

Lone_Dragon
No he doesn't and back on topic. More VERTIGO pics! ;p

Paola
I don't have any......... embarrasment
has her bio been posted?

Lone_Dragon
no It hasn't, not that I know of o.o;

kohl
Vertigo's true origins remain a mystery. She was a native to the Savage Land in Antarctica when she was mutated by advanced genetic engineering by the similarly mutated Brainchild in order to join the Savage Land Mutates. (It has even been suggested that Vertigo's appearance was possibly quite different prior to her transformation.) She fought the mutant team, X-Men, alongside her teammates.

At some point, she left the Savage Land and joined a band of assassins led by the enigmatic villain Mr. Sinister, under circumstances yet to be revealed. She was first seen with the Marauders during the Morlock massacre, and has continued to be with them ever since.

Vertigo's powers induce an extreme and debilitating disorientation to victims' senses of balance (inducing vertigo and possibly unconsciousness).

Lone_Dragon
Awesome! She's my new fave. female chara! But Scott will ALWAYS be #1 on meh list ;p

Paola
I like her too yes

thanx for the bio kohl wink

Lone_Dragon
Awesome quote in your sig, Paola, and I want more Vertigo stuffs! Did I mention that I named my kitteh Vertigo Lee?

Paola
eek! you did???..... my cat's name is "Nemesis"........... nothing to do with X-Men no

Lone_Dragon
Yeppers! I did stick out tongue And here's a cute little pic of her! Tell meh what ya guys think of Perti Verti! Happy Dance

kohl
lone_dragon: she is adorable, as are all cats.

paola: when i read 'nemesis' i thought "oh, x-men reference, and a great one at that" but then you said otherwise. oh well.

Lone_Dragon
-huggles Kohl- Thankies! And of course I named Vertigo Lee after my two fave X-Gals
Jubilation Lee
Vertigo

Paola
love

Paola
sad ..... tell me which one..... i've trying to find out but I DON'T KNOW!!!!

tell me please, please, pleaseeeeeeee big grin

kohl
paola: holocaust is also referred to as 'nemesis'

Paola
holocaust is Apocalypse son? sad <<<<< ignorant me embarrasment

kohl
that's actually uncertain. what is true, though, is that holocaust was apocalypse's heir and called him 'father'. he was one of the horsemen.

Paola
oooooooooooooohhh!!!
thanx kohl happy

Lone_Dragon
More Vertigo pics please? Or info? Or something? I KNOW! A Vertigo Manipulation!!!!!

Darth Jello
ok, three things, first of all, moondragon, please read from the ashes, inferno, and assault on weapon plus. scott is a selfish, repressed, bastard who gets on everyone's nerves and cheats on jean at the drop of a hat.
secondly, does anyone else notice what an annoying ***** vertigo is in the cartoon?
thirdly, have any of you actually had vertigo? I've had the sensation at least three times and let me tell you, there's just about nothing worse. it's like having a panic attack times 100

Lone_Dragon
moondragon? <.< >.> who's moondragon? And I've had Vertigo...and it's a b!tch...I would read those, if I could get my hands on some comics...And I STILL Love Scott! No one can make me think differently of him. Oh, and Paola? My IRL boyfriend looks alot like Scott! and he's going to GenCon with me as Scott, I'm gonna be Rogue! ^.^

Darth Jello
sorry, wasn't wearing glasses, lone. anyway, scott has done some really, really despicable things in relation to jean and madelyn. even alex hated him during inferno

Paola
*travels where Loney is......stalks her for a few days....... sees boyfriend jawdrop........ steals boyfriend*

big grin

Lone_Dragon
O.O @ Pao- Give me back my babeh! -steals her Brad Scott look alike back- He's mine! ^.^ -licks Brad- Mmmmm....Tastes like Scott! ^.^

Paola
eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww sick
you licked him puke

stick out tongue

VertigoEffect
in my opinion vertigo could have been a signature well known villain in the marvel universe if they gave her more appearances. Believe it or not she is my fav villain.. So :P

kohl
hm, well. she's not very memorable, at all. i don't think more appearances would help her case unless some character overhaul was done.

tazirai
hi im new here but wanted to post some vertigo pics . shes my favorite jobber villain ..
then theres phantazia and psylocke and sage as my fav x-women

ttp:// www .uncannyxmen .net /images/custom/Vertigo.jpg

ttp:// www .myhogan .com /exiles/whatifs/vertigo.jpg

alternative vertigo:
ttp:// www .myhogan .com /exiles/wivertigo.html

vertigo fanfiction
ttp:// www .geocities .com /Area51/Zone/4005/fanfic/vnwu.html

ÞÁØlå
Welcome tazirai... hi2
enjoy your stay!

rogue_kiss
Here's another pic... Drawn by Marc Silvestri, I believe...

rogue_kiss
And, a vintage pic...

adorable989
vertigo

adorable989
vertigo - marauders

adorable989
I love how Vertigo looks.

adorable989
scanned image of vertigo from uncanny x-men

adorable989
anothe picture of vertigo

adorable989
Vertigo and Mr Sinister's apearance in the x-men animated series

adorable989
Vertigo and The Marauders' apearance in the x-men animated series

Richv1
Vertigo does wear her costume nicely. I liked her from when she was in the maraders and hunting down morlocks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.