20/20?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Ever notice that no one wears glasses in the Star Wars movies? Odd, isn't it?

mah
I guess it wasn't invented.

ToMacco
Wasn't invented? confused

They all have perfect vison, I guess.

mah
what's the problem with 'wasn't invented'?
''A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.." see: a long time ago, it might not have been invented then.

yerssot
but they can built ships that goes near lightspeed...

no; like now, you can use surgery so you don't wear glasses...

ToMacco
wierd wierd wierd sad

mah
maybe the JC knows the answer.

yerssot
yes, wierd is weird

and besides, they invented it, look at the mask of Plo Koon, he wares that so his eyes won't get burned

ToMacco
yes, in ESB both Han and Chewie wear goggles while they are welding on the Falcon.

mah
it's not ''wierd wierd wierd sad '' or ''wierd wierd'', it's WEIRD.

I'm being a nitpicker stick out tongue

yerssot
you see... thinking isn't that hard!

ToMacco
focus on the situation at hand, mah, you punk! sad

mah
sorryembarrasment
most likely, GL just forgot about putting anything resembling sunglasses on ordinary people.

yerssot
because it wasn't needed

ToMacco
I think Lucas wanted to get as far away from the 'Earth look' as he could get. So he got rid of little things like glasses, writing utensils, um. . . we don't really see what they eat. (accept grapes)

yerssot
blue milk... and you can see what's on the table in ESB when they are invited by Lando...

Ushgarak
I guess they all either prefer contacts or medical advances render glasses not needed. I must say for poverty-stricken slaves, Anakin and Shmi seemed very healthy so I guess high standards of mesical care are easy to get in SWland.

Texas
Thank God I dont live in SWland!!!
I would blind them with my beauty, then they would really need glasses cool smokin' cool

ToMacco
The only think that would blind them is that Bjork character you're always hanging around stick out tongue

yerssot
gosh! if Tex blinds them, then norms must be really low!

mechmoggy
I'd go with Ush on this one, thier culture is obviously far more advanced than ours and it's probably common practice to "fix" someones poor eyesight.

And as for the goggles worn by Han & Chewie, thats to stop the UV rays damaging the eyes. I've worked in a welding shop and even standing near a welder for too long can give you "welding flash" which doesn't happen for a few hours after but it's hell. Your eyes stream with tears, it hurts to shut them and it's even more painful to keep them open, rubbing them makes it worse but they itch like crazy! Not nice. sad

yerssot
got to love your job big grin

Julie
Wow, Mech, Who'd want a job like that????...it's a dirty job but someone has got to do it.

yerssot
yeah, ... mech big grin

Julie
smile rolling on floor laughing smile ....poor Mech

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.