6+ years and counting....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

botankus
OK, let me think, there has not been ONE SCI-FI movie since November 7th 1997 - and that movie is STARSHIP TROOPERS - that....

1) Was rated R with extreme violence

2) cost over $100 million to make (I think S.T. was $140 million)

3) was not a sequel (sorry, Alien fans)

4) and was worth a damn

Correct me if I'm wrong. Pitch Black does not count for that. And for those who think Starship Troopers was not worth it, YOU'RE WRONG, because Hollywood does not have the balls to make a movie like that anymore, all they want is their precious little PG-13 rating so they can generate money. If you want to argue that last sentence, then you can't.

If you can name ONE MOVIE that fits all (4) criteria then I commend you and even applaud you and also I will retract my statement, but it will still be just one movie, so until then....

p.s. And if you want to respond with "Starship Troopers sucks" then you don't belong in the thread.

Hegemon875
I'm with ya!!!

BackFire
They are making a sequel to starship troopers, straight to video release.

BackFire
also, matrix and equilibrium are both considered sci fi.

Kes
Well the 1st Matrix...dont know how much it cost, but it was R rated.
Donnie Darko...dont know how much it cost, but it was R rated.
Abre los ojos...again havent a clue how much it cost but couldnt have been much and its R rated.
Equilibrium, dont know how much. Again R rated, kickass movie too.
Dark City, cost dont know. R-rated Great movie too.

Dagons Blade
This is about the TRUEST statement I have heard in this entire forum-I get so fuc*in' sick and tired of the Hollywood set going for money by catering to the family unit, and accenting it with an endless string of PG-13 bubblegum stuff that leaves you unsatisfied for the most part because of the sanitation is undergoes to make sure mommy and daddy won't sue Holywood when their kid has nightmares from a scene of a head being cut off.

Starship Troopers WAS the LAST decent film in the sci-fi genre, as was "Cabin Fever" for the horror set. Period. It would be a cold day in hell that they made another film with that sort of style...

Silvermane
I only watched Starship Troopers cause my cousin Mike in it. And I wasn't to impressed with the crappy role he got. If I were him I would have told them to take the script and shove it.

VallejoKid707
what role did he get?

botankus
As the thread starter, Dagons Blade, I obviously agree with your views 100%. Actually, I don't see Hollywood ever doing it again with all the success they get off their UNSATISFYING PG-13 crap.

Traydemark03
Hey that's not fair...Johnny Rico (is that his name?) was supposed to be Filipino!

BackFire
well he wasn't.

lederuvdapac
wow your right when i think about it. The only good sci-fi movie i can remember for the past couple years was minority report..but pg-13

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.