The B. Hunters role in Epi. II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I once wondered why Epi. II would have so many Bounty Hunters and now I have a good reason why.After Anakin returns to Tattione and frees the slaves,he must cause trouble to the Hutts(killing many perhaps)I assume Jabba will be upset about this and will send Bounty Hunters to destroy Skywalker.This would add on to Jabba's association with Bounty Hunters as seen in the OT.Anakin may even be captured by one(maybe Aurra).After seeing they are a force to be reckoned with,Anakin may learn to respect them and that would be why he deploted so many in Epi.V.What do you think?

queeq
Hmmm, not a bad idea. If that works, I guess Jabba will send BH's to kill off Jedi in general and not Anakin specifically. That way Palpy can use that attitude and portray Jedi as people who disturb peace on planets instead of defending it.

Can we do spoilers and storyboards here?

queeq out

theEviljedi
I also beleave that the reason Vader tells Fett "No discenergrations!" is because Fett may have killed someone dear to him that way{perhaps his mother}

And yes you can post spoilers.

queeq
Well, there's probably going to be this fight between OB1 and Jango Fett in the rain, as Jango takes Boba as a child with him. I'm not sure but I think Boba looked like a little padawan. That would fit nicely with Jango being a Bounty Hunter working for Jabba, taking revenge on the Jedi.

The only reason this might not work is that Jango may not necessarily be a BH, but a Mandalorian Warrior (whatever that may turn out ot be exactly) and only Boba turns out to be a BH later in life.

queeq out

Darth Daft
I think Boba Fett wears the Mandalorian armour as a trophy as he kills lots in the Clone Wars.

theEviljedi
I heard that he wears it in respect of the Mandalorian commandos.

Darth Daft
Do you think he will fight alongside Anakin or against him?

theEviljedi
Agaist of course.I really don't think we will see Anakin fighting in the wars.I think Obi-Wan and Bail will lead troops agaist the clones while Anakin saves the day piloting his space craft.

queeq
I certainly hope we will see Anakin fight in the Clone Wars. That's were he got his reputation from.

queeq out

Darth Daft
I'd rather Boba Fett fight alongside Anakin as that would explain their expressions towards each in TESB. It's not like they were enemies.

Jedimaster3838
I would really like to see Aurra Sing in EPII in some major fight scenes. If she can use the Force then perhaps her and Anakin fight while Anakin tries to save his mother from slavery. Lucas put her in TPM for a reason I want to know for what reason. Perhaps Sidious/Palpatine hires her to kill Anakin as part of his revenge on OB1 for killing Maul. Palpatine could see that Anakin is too powerful to defeat and Anakin could ruin what Palpy is trying to do, so he tries to turn him.

Darth Daft
Aurra Sing was a character that they added into TPM right at the last minute. I think that GL had already written parts of the script for Episode 2 while TPM was being filmed, so maybe he thought of the character Aurra Sing while writing it and then added her into TPM.

Ratcat
That's exactly how I heard it reported.

Darth Daft
Really? I sort of just presumed it.
I reckon it's extremely likely that we'll be seeing her return in Ep2. I don't think she'll just disappear.

queeq
I hope so. Why else include this shot of Aurra? Just to merge with EU? I doubt it.

queeq out

Darth Daft
What shot do you mean? The one out of TPM or the select image?

Ratcat
I have still NOT be convinced that that select image is Auura Sing. It could be anyone really in my book.

Remember also that AS is a very new character. She's only been around for 3 or 4 years maximum.

Darth Daft
I certainly don't think the person is Aurra Sing either. In fact, it may not even be a Bounty Hunter. It may be one of many soldiers with guns so it is just an extra that the site is trying to make us think is important. Many of the select pictures try to make us think they are important and are worth discussing, but the chances are that when the film is out we won't even notice the character in the picture. It may just be a tiny pinprick within a crowd of people. Everyone will be looking through the select pictures and wondering which scenes they were all taken from.

queeq
I meant Aurra in TPM, that at least is canon.

The select pic is probably another bounty hunter called Zam Wessel (or something like that) and she is supposed to be chased through the streets of Coruscant by Anakin and OB1. Another rumour says she gets killed by a Kiber Dart shot by Jango Fett.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Ah I see. It kind of looks like 4-LOM. Do you think we will see the return of any of the bounty hunters from TESB? We only saw Boba Fett in action, so it would be nice to see 4-LOM or IG-88 fight.

theEviljedi
I want IG-88 and Dengar in Epi.II.

Darth Daft
I just realised, IG-88 looks rather similar to the battle droids, don't you think?

theEviljedi
There were actually four of them.Once complete they turned on their creator and murdered him.Just thought you would like to know.smile

Darth Daft
Yeah I had heard that there was more than one. Thanx for the info.

queeq
Four IG's? Cool. Is that canon or Eu?

queeq out

Darth Daft
Pretty sure thats EU.

theEviljedi
It was in the Visual Dictionary.

Darth Daft
ha ha, ok then. My mistake.

queeq
Which Visual Dictionary? TPM's? I can't remember that... must be another one.

queeq out

Darth Daft
The VD for the OT. It says it on the Bounty Hunter section

Ratcat
I heard the IG88 may have been the template for a Super Battle Droid but somehow broke his programming and became a bounty hunter.

Darth Daft
That seems like a very reasonable reason as to why IG-88 looks so much like the Battle Droids. I wonder if 4-LOM has anything to do with them either.

queeq
And how reliable is the VD for the OT? I bet the Palpatine story is a little different there from what we know now. And I doubt that IG-88 story will be used at all. But it's still nice to discuss it.

So what about Bossk. Will we see aliens from his race, getting all mad and crazy.

queeq out

Darth Daft
I've heard that his species, the Trandoshans, hate Wookies, so if we see Kashyyyk in Episode 2 or 3, like many people have speculated then we may indeed see him return.

Lord Odin
Hey there dudes, I'm new here and I thought I'd post in this subject, as it seemed the most appropriate at the time. I've come here from another ezboard, in which I am a moderator for a much smaller SW board. Actually it is quite pitiful compared to this one!! smile

Anyway, about the bit about IG-88, there was only one original IG-88 that had sentient like programming, and he killed most of the scientists that created him by himself. He then copied himself and downloaded what had happened to him into 3 other identical models that hadn't been programmed yet. They escaped with IG-72, another version of them, although more droid like in his thinking, and they soon parted. The last IG-88 (IG-88A) downloaded himself into the Death Star 2's computer core later on!

If you're wondering where I got this from, its in the book Tales of the Bounty Hunters

UnknownBountyHunter
Very good! smile Did you catch the link on my sig? I went to the Dragon Peaks forum, and I remember your name on that SW discussion board. WELCOME! and I hope you find this place fit to visit often. It looks awfully big but we only have about 10 regular visitors nowadays, but there is still a lot of action here.

Darth Daft
I've never actually seen the Star Wars Christmas or Holiday Edition or whatever it was called, but I know that it was where Boba Fett first ever appeared. Does anyone know if the other Bounty Hunters were in it?

Lord Odin
Whoa!

I come here like 3 days ago or whatever and already theres about 50 new subjects up!!

I don't know how well I can keep up, but you guys will no doubt see me here occasionally!

The Holiday special...has anyone got a link or anything to where I can find it? or some of it?

Darth Daft
And while you're at it, could someone explain to me exactly what the holiday special is? The fact that Boba Fett first appeared in it is about the only thing I know.

theEviljedi
It's basically a stupid special.Leia sings,Chewie saves the day,etc...

Darth Daft
Really?!? I actually had no idea it was comedy. I thought it was just some sort of special version with different actors or something.
cool...

Lord Odin
Well, what I know about the Holiday Special, is that is was done by Jefferson Starship or something, Not Lucasfilms, hence not being able to get it anywhere.

To my knowledge it was only screened once on TV or something so if anyone was lucky enough to tape it then they're damn lucky!

From what I've seen of it, they go to Chewies home planet and meet his olds and his son and his wife.

Ratcat
I've seen it advertised on Ebay a few times, I think there may even be a video release of it flying around from about 15-20 years ago just as VCR was kicking off.

Then again it may just be a taped of the Tv and stuck in a box thing.

Xizor
I'd like to bring up that rumor that was swirling around about Sing during the summer. She was an outcast padawan who was rejected by the council when brought forward to be a Jedi Knight. She brought shame and humiliation upon herself and her master. Sing then dissapeared for several years and finally resurfaced on several scum planets like Tatooine as a highly skilled BH who(unbenaused to most) used dark side powers in her profession. Then she was discovered by and secretly oredered by Palpy to kill Schmi Skywalker. Sing's arrival on Tatoooine to kill Schmi corrosponds with the arrival of Anakin/OB1 and the Queen to free the slaves. Palpy also secretly sends his new Sith lord. So, a slave war erupts involving the Jedi vs. the Hutts, while both Sing/Sith work the sidelines so to say. It's here Anakin has his gladiator-esque fight in front of the Hutts(like Luke and the rancor). Later, with Shmi saved OB1 faces down the sith, who causes a distraction while Sing grabs Schmi and in front of Anakin(defeatec by her force skils) kills her! Now get this, Sing's former master is Qui-Gon!! It says in 2-3 sources that QG had 3 padawans, the first became a knight making QG a master, his last was OB1 who became a knight and his second was unspoken of, but wasn't a knight and caused him disgrace before the council. That, coupled with Sing's rumored force powers has caused many to surmise that a bombshell in Ep2 will be Aurra Sing being the former Padawan learner of Qui-Gon, and then Sing would kill Schmi Skywalker at the bidding of Palpatine!

Jedimaster3838
I thought it said somewhere that Sing's master was a "mysterious 'dark' Jedi woman" or something like that. And according to EU(I know I shouldn't) QG other apprentice was Xantos, but QG acciedently killed his father and Xantos turned into a Dark Jedi, but not a Sith. I do like the idea of Sing killing Shmi per Palpy's orders but I don't think she will be QG's former apprentice.

Xizor
Well that was just a very iffy sounding rumor and not a spoiler. I still thought the idea of QG's disgraced apprentice linking the man to Anakins turn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.