mace windus lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
this isnt really something that we can discuss much, just an fyi i guess. according to a recent interview, slj is dissapointed because his lightsaber WILL be blue, not purple as he had hoped.

ToMacco
I do not know.

yerssot
where was this said?
Last time I heared it was still purple...

bigsef2
In the latest edition of Empire Magazine, Samuel L. Jackson talks about The 51st State, and there is a small mention of Episode II, and how his lightsaber battle is one of the highlights of his career.

"Empire: And now you get to kick +++ in Episode II?
Jackson: Actually, I'm coming back to shoot some more. So, yeah! I'll be back in my Jedi gear. The lightsaber battle was frankly a highlight of my career. Not least because I win, of course. And I'm totally stoked that I get to pull that thing out and wave it around. I always wanted it to be purple, but I guess blue will do. Plus the fact that I've acted opposite, say, Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro and now Yoda. There you have it. I can retire now."

I found this story at
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=13404

Ushgarak
Interesting...

I'll check this out more when I have time. It will be very amusing if they have switched back, considering the amount of preaching that went on when he got the purple one.

bigsef2
it confuses me because supposedly the mace windu lego toy has a purple lightsaber and yoda has a yellow one. personally, i think they should just keep it with the primary colors of light. i could see MAYBE a white one, but purple?!? it would seem a little too different from the OT. i know we dont see many jedi in those to get a sense of much variety. but having so many different colors seems a bit like a cheesy attempt to get the kids excited.

yerssot
stupid, first a whole theory about it not being purple, then a whole theory that it was purple, now back to blue...

bigsef2
this is probably going to piss even more people off, but in looking at the same websitie (i think) it is now beleived that yodas lightsaber will also be blue. the yellow lightsaber yoda has in the leaked LEGO toy is beleived to be a hoax.

yerssot
shoot!
but I can assure you it WAS yellow, till a certain point...

bigsef2
maybe they are toying with us again, so that if they actually are purple and yellow in AOTC, we will be surprised. what proof do you have that it was yellow?

yerssot
a pic, coming from a friend who got it from someone else (said from somewhere in Lucasfilm pr something like that)

I hope they are playing with us, I mean, I was looking forward to those purple and yellow ones!

Ushgarak
Hmm. I have heard there is some disputing over the timing of the interview when SLJ said 'Blue will do' According to some, this interview was made before he heard that his sabre would actually be purple, and hence before the Parkinson interview where he confirmed that GL had said it was purple.

bigsef2
i think they should keep it blue, green, and red, and im almost certain they will. SLJ said he HAD wanted purple, but they changed it back to blue. so unless it was blue, purple, blue, purple, and then blue again, it would make sense that SLJ wanted purple, but GL said no, its going to be blue.

Ushgarak
Well, let's be clear here. He did not say that they had changed it to purple and then they had changed it back to blue. He just said that he WANTED purple, but that blue would do. He's ALWAYS wanted purple. And if that interview does, indeed, pre-date the one when he says that it IS purple, then it's still just blue then and nothing else.

So it is difficult to be sure right now.

bigsef2
Unless i am reading it wrong, it still conveys the same basic thought. lets say it does predate the one that says its purple. in that case, SLJ wanted purple, but GL was like no, sorry, its going to be blue. So SLJ says ok, blue will do. Then GL changes his mind for some reason after the decision had already been made and says ok, We will make it purple. That's a little bit of a stretch in my mind. It would seem more logical, that SLJ just wanted purple, and GL said no, its going to be blue. The reports of it actually being purple were just hoaxes started by people who really liked the idea of it being purple.

Ushgarak
Well, it was SLJ who said it was purple, and who said that George Lucas had SHOWN him footage of the purple sabre.

I think it's more likely that GL said 'blue' and then changed his mind to purple, than to show SLJ footage of the purple sabre and then change his mind again.

bigsef2
GL has also allowed his animators to have over 30 animations of Jar-Jar being killed in gruesome ways. But its not going to be in Episode II. Its most likely that the animators heard of SLJs desire to have a purple saber, and showed him on film what it would look like, as a nod of respect to the actor, since it was his wish. It probably takes a few seconds to change a saber color to whatever the hell you want. SLJ got to see some footage of him with a purple saber and is trying to get fan support for it. Thats all it is. He's an actor, and you can't put a terrible amount of weight into anything an actor says about a film. Weve seen 4 star wars movies so far, and the blades have always been blue, green, or red. Those are the primary colors of light, and its logical that GL isnt going to wait until the next to last star wars movie to introduce new colors. While I admit it would be nice to see some other colors, its simply not likely, and is more or less wishful thinking. sad

Ushgarak
Look GL TOLD SLJ, pretty clearly, that he had decided to give him the purple sabre. He can change his mind, of course, but there is no point pretending that this never happened. This wasn't some vague theory about his character, he was simply reporting fact. The wishful thinking is to say that this was a mistake by SLJ.

If it is blue now, it has changed BACK.

bigsef2
it was ALWAYS blue. it was NEVER purple. GL has not officially or unofficially said ANYTHING on the matter. All Jedi in cannon only have blue, green, and red. we have NO reason to beleive anything else. all you have is SLJ's comments. thats IT. Its blue now, it was blue in the beginning. Sorry. Maybe on the DVD we can play around with the color sabers as a bonus feature. smile

Ushgarak
Good Lord. You have to be pretty blind to think that SLJ was either wrong or lying about this. Every reasonable person knows that Windu has a purple sabre, at SLJ's personal request, If it is a change, it is a change back.

Just because GL has said nothing official about it does NOT mean that we deny highyl accurate information like this out of hand. GL has said nothing official about the plot for AOTC either, but we have a ton of good information that has nearly all been accurate, to judge by the trailers and so on. This is another one of those good pieces of information.

Like I say, GL can change his mind, of course. But until someone clears up this mess about when that last interview with SLJ was actually DONE, anyone with any sense will still think it is purple.

bigsef2
Anyone who thinks we have TONS of reliable information suggesting a purple saber is a fool. SLJ is an ACTOR. nothing more. I dont have to remind anyone of the many times actors have said their thoughts on the movie and thats all they have turned out to be-thier thoughts. At some point, SLJ said he wanted a purple saber, but it was going to be blue, and he was happy with it. There is no evidence that that interview happened before the other one where SLJ said they had showed him footage of him with a purple saber. Anyone arguing that is the case is blinded by their own wishful thinking. I will also remind you of the info on the official site about the advantages of digital film for coloring, which is likely how SLJ saw footage of him with a purple saber. It has always been blue, and out of respect for SLJs wish to have a purple one, they took the 10 seconds to color the saber purple and showed him the footage. Thats it. Ush, I am sorry, but unless you have verifiable proof, you are wrong. And I agree with whoever it was that said your head was too big in the other post. laughing out loud

yerssot
why would he lie? He wanted a purple one, and I think that he would look nice with one

bigsef2
to my knowledge, SLJ never said he was going to have a purple saber. he said he WANTED one. he also said he saw footage of himself with a purple saber. thats it. in an interview that most likely happened after that, he said he had wanted purple, but it was going to be blue, and he was ok with that. thats why i estimated that the footage he saw was likely never intended to be part of the film, simply an homage from GL to SLJ because hes so cool.

Ushgarak
MY head is too big? YOU are the one saying that SLJ is too stupid to realise when George Lucas is showing him something as a laugh and whe he is showing him something in earnest. That is a breathtaking comment.

SLJ left no room for doubt about what GL told him. And he did say, dirtectly, that he had a pruple sabre in the film. That was what he was talking about- the story of WHY he had a purple sabre. He even went on to talk about how the news had shocked the SW community- as indeed it did.

I am sorry, but there is far more evidence at this point that it is purple than that it is blue. Until this little timing issue gets resolved then we cannot really say for certain that it has switched back.

YOU have to prove that the footage SLJ shown was fake. Until then, what we have is a reliable source saying that GL himself has said that Windu's sabre is purple. So don't come at me with such ridiculous confidence until you have more than opinions to disprove this hard evidence.

I think you will find that you are virtaully alone in so totally believing what you do.

bigsef2
i think you will find that you are virtually alone in beleiving that your head is not big.

and you should also be careful to read the comments that a person is saying closely, so you dont look silly when you put words in someone elses mouth.

i didnt say SLJ was stupid. i said he was speaking his wishes and trying to get a fan following in support of the purple saber. which he obviously did. we are using the same facts, and unless you explained the "first" interview incorrectly, no one ever said that there WAS going to be a purple saber in the final film. my comments are going after your own wording, where you said he VIEWED footage of himself with a purple saber. given ther was no official evidence to beleive it is purple, the most logical conclusion is that as a HOMAGE to SLJ, they showed him what the footage would look like with a purple saber. i never said anything about it being for a laugh. GL doesnt want a purple saber in the films, so he does the next best thing and honors SLJ but letting him see what it would look like. If SLJ said something in addition to that, i dont know. im going solely on the interview that I posted, and your previous comments about the other interview. based on that, it appears that i am being objective and your desire to have a purple saber has colored your judgement. get it. i said colored. smile

Ushgarak
Why on Earth do you assume that I want SLJ to have a purple sabre? I want them to keep it RGB.

You are clearly the one making no effort to check arguments here. I did not put words in your mouth; in the scenario you are describing SLJ would have to be pretty stupid. And when I refer to the interveiw in which SLJ said he had a purple sabre, I think it is rather too much fo you to say *I* am at fault for not repeating the entire interview. I was referring to something that has been well discussed on these forums. If you an't be bothered to check what was said around here or in a dozen other places that would have shown you that interview in full, then don't blame me for YOU not knowing the facts about this one, which is that SLJ said that GL had agreed to give hium a purple sabre. Your comment that it was the most logical conclusion to say that it was some sort of 'pleasing gesture' from GL to SLJ is very odd indeed. I don;t know WHY you think that is the logical conclusion because it is not.

And meanwhile, there IS official evidence to beleive it is purple. Publicity shots of Windu show him with a purple sabre, and the official website has confirmed that he has changed from his blue oine from TPM.

And make any more personal comments about me and I will lodge a formal complaint. Saying that I am big-headed just because I have the facts on my side is unfair and such personal attacks for no reason are not tolerated around here.

sand person no. 10
er no, the primary colours are blue, red and yellow, (blue and yellow make green) therefore yoda's saber maybe yellow. the colour of the saber has something to do with your opinion on the force. That is why the darkside is always red - danger, the blue and green are light - goodside although each saber has a different meaning, windu's maybe purple because "he only sees darkness where there is light".

Ushgarak
SLJ talked about how amusing he found it to see the fans trying to work out why his alone was purple, whe in fact there is no 'reason' for it at all...

bigsef2
hey, im not the one who said you were bigheaded. check the other threads. someone else said it and i thought it was really funny. sorry, but you have to admit you can be very condescending to people who have differing opinions. it wasnt meant as anything mean to you. just funny. i mean, if you cant laugh at yourself, then who CAN you laugh at? aside from that, all my comments were based on your statements from the "other" interview, which left me with a completely different view than what you just said. i didnt feel the need to look further into that, because i took what i beleived as to your "word" on the matter. you see, im "far to trusting."

and yellow is not a primary color of light. the primary colors of light are red, green, and blue, hence the abbreviation RGB came into existence. if you dont beleive me, look REAL close at your TV screen. theres no yellow.

Ushgarak
Hmm. Ok, let's chalk this one up to experience, Mistakes made by both sides, I am sure.

I wasn't trying to be condescending, it's just difficult to accept opinions when there are facts against them; I actually thought you knew all about SLJ's interview when he talked about this, so that's my mistake.

And I am not saying you are wrong. I'm just saying that, with all we have, we'd need something a bit more solid to think that is is blue after all. I'm still triyng to find some hard info on that timing problem.

As I said above, it would be amusing if it was blue after all, because there WAS a lot of 'I told you so' from the purple brigade when SLJ confirmed it was purple.

Anyhow, you are right about the colour of light thing; that's confusion with pigmentation again there, sorry, SP. As to what (if anything) the colours mean... well, you can fill whole threads about that.

bigsef2
ush, if anyone ever calls me bigheaded, feel free to agree, and then well call it even. smile

Ushgarak
Now, why would anyone want to do that?

bigsef2
Wow, I dont know. Im VERY modest, and am NEVER adamant about my own opinions. I quietly and simply state my views and NEVER try to convince other people that my ideas are the correct ones. big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin

yerssot
yes enlightened one roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
1. SLJ is gonna have a purple light saber
2. You both have big heads (bigger than mine..being a shorter girl atleast laughing out loud )
3. I'm the 20,000 post!

bigsef2
i hate you! i was waiting till someone did 19999, so i could be 20k!!! and you just say its purple because yours is purple. smile

yerssot
there are some real clues here, that are saying that his sabre isn't purple anymore... so why don't you believe this?

bigsef2
what do i not beleive? Your wording confuses me. I would like to see a purple saber, but i feel strongly it will be blue.

yerssot
hey, I was talking to the enchanting Dim here!

Julie
I was also unser the inpression that his lightsaber was purple...isn't it purple on the cover of Insider 57 or something?????

Ushgarak
Yes, it is.

So far we only have the one thing that vaguely suggests that it is no longer purple. We'll keep a sharp eye out for more.

Julie
Wait...I thought it was purple on insider 57....or am I dreaming???? confused

Anyway, does it really matter that much?

yerssot
YES it was! and that doesn't mean ANYTHING

Julie
Good.... now that we have that little issue of the purple lightsaber out of the way....what will we talk about confused

yerssot
that it's a shame it's not in the movie???
I really wanted that purple sabre!

Ushgarak
Look, we don't KNOW yet!

bigsef2
not that this can prove anything, but if yodas is blue, maces will be blue. if yodas is yellow, maces will be purple. if we can find out something solid about one or the other, we should be able to know the colors of both of them.

yerssot
heck Ush, if SLJ said he was disappointed about not having a purple sabre then it's a shame
(and I hope he is lieing!)

And if Yoda's sabre is blue/green, LEAVE IT OUT! He would look cool with yellow

Ushgarak
But, yerss, he a. did not directly say that and b. there is debate over the timing of that interview.

yerssot
a. you like using these letters huh?
b. yep, that's me
c. I thought that he said that in the interview?
d. what debate? Haven't seen one here

Ushgarak
No, he just said blue would be fine, he didn;t say it WASN'T purple, while in tyhe other interview he left us in no doubt that it was.

And there has been no debate here because no-one has checked it out.

Julie
so that settles it then right??????? smile

Ushgarak
Not around here

yerssot
you are right! not here! now give me the interview and nobody gets hurt!

Julie
Calm yourself, Yerssot......
and what did I say about mishandling that lightsaber....hmmm???

Ushgarak
Well, as it now seems likely that Yoda's is green and Windu's purple, I guess that puts this one to rest...

I rather hope no-one feels aggrieved at me not believing it had changed back to blue any longer.

yerssot
I'm very agressif now! mad

I'm sure they will change it back to yellow when AOTC hits the theaters ; just to have a surprise

bigsef2
ush, you were right.....tell your sister, you were right...

yerssot
he has a sister? Ushina?

xyz jedi
mace should of had a blue one to avoid confusion and show that blue is good red is bad and green is neutral bringing balance to the force which is what luke, yoda and qui-gon do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.