The Mothmen Prophecias SUCKS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
When I watched this movie I was like this is probaly the worst horror movie ever.It was so lame.I mean what is the mothmen we never even see him.We dont even know what it is.Its so crappy.The whole story was just stupid.And I just hated it.!!!!Anybody who agrees with me REPLY!!!

Evil Dead
I think it was a decent mediocre movie..............nothing special about it, not terrible either.

This movie wasn't made to be a horror movie. This movie was made for the paranormal (alien, ghosts, crop circles, etc.) buffs and cryptozoology fans.

The movie was based on reports of events that supposedly actually happened............I looked at it more as a movie that was merely trying to flesh out the story of the Mothman that has been going around the paranormal circles for years. I think it did a decent job. It was never intended to be a horror movie........and it was never intended to win an Oscar.

You have alot of watching to do if you believe this to be the worst horror movie ever..............

samhain
What evil dead says is right. However, the Mothman Prophecies is a damn poor film whatever the genre.

slashwristbarbi
I thought it was too bloody slow! It dragged on and on. The idea behind it wasn't bad, but i thought there were many ways in which it could have been improved. Maybe if they'd focused more on the mothman and the stories that gave rise to the legend.

HockeyFace
Umm... I liked the movie... of course I am into cryptozoology so maybe that's why I liked it. Anyway can't you figure out what the movie was saying Mothman was Pnuker. The movie was basically saying that the Mothman was a supernatural prophet that knew exactly when disasters would occur. Also you ask what is a Mothman? Go read a book about it.

bunnies = omens
To me it just dragged on, at first I thought the concept was really cool. There were a few good moments and that month thingy on the phone sounded freaky but I will never watch it again unless im paid

Striel
It wasn't bad. Maybe you just didn't get it. Or maybe you need to watch a lot more horror movies... (not that this even WAS horror)

Punker69
First of all HOCKEY FACE.I paid attention to the movie and I know that part but they should have focused more on him.I mean I know he can tell disasters but what does he look like?I wanted detail,and this movie was just cheesy.I think the idea was good just not how the movie was.I waited for this movie to come out for a long time and I was so dissapointed.And I dont want to read a book about a mothmen I just want to watch the movie and not be puzzled!

THIS MOVIE SUCKED!!!

Evil Dead
#1. I liked the movie.............only because I myself am both a cryptozoology and a paranormal fan.

#2. I must agree. This movie was too slow. They had a great concept to work with.........and they did a great job in presentation. What it lacked was a good pace. The movie seemed to slow and drawn out.......the score only added to this. It was the exact opposite of "Signs". Signs had a sucky story......but had a pretty good pace which it used to build anticipation and suspense. "The Mothman Prophecies" was a great story.......but had a horrible pace.

#3. When it comes to paranormal movies..........I'd rate the story about a 7 and the actual presented production at about a 4. I would rather watch "Fire in the Sky" or "Roswell" before this movie.......they both have good stories as Mothman does but both also have a decent pace to them to keep the watcher interested. I do own this dvd and pop it in from time to time. It really is a good story.

Punker69
I dont even know if I liked the idea.I mean a WHATEVER that can tell disasters I mean that cant be a horror movie.It would have been stupid.

But I have to agree with .2 and half of .3

HockeyFace
Actually the Mothman is believed to be by many an alien. Now I must ask... how can you not enjoy reading? How do they puzzle you? Now why does the movie need to show us what the Mothman looks like? No one KNOWS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! People in real life have caught glimpses of the elusive cryptid but never have they truly got a good long look at it. So how can the movie show it?

Punker69
I just thought it should have never been made.We didnt gain or lose anything from watching it and it was just a drag.And it was confusing the whole time I was like when are my questions gonna get answered and whats the whole point of the movie.

Evil Dead
but now you know of the Mothman legend.........as do millions who didn't before the movie was made.

I agree, it wasn't a great idea to be turned into a movie. It raises questions that have never been answered......and probably never will. It's like a Matrix movie.

In many paranormal circles.........."the mothman" is believed to be an interdemensional being. A being that exists on a different vibration and is not bound by our laws of physics and whatnot........this is reitterated in the movie when the old professor says something like "He doesn't have any powers......it's just that from where he sits he can see alot further"......in reference to the mothman "Indrid cold" being able to forsee events that have yet to happen. He isn't inside of our dimension so he is watching it from a third person perspective, which allows him a broad view without the constraint of time. We live IN the city....we can see the buildings and people around us. He would be outside of the city.....on an airplane watching the city from afar......he can see alot more. He can see all the buildings in the city....all the cars......he can see when two cars are on a collision course.

Just thought I would share that if anybody was interested.

Punker69
i agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.