"Star Wars" Prequel Tidbits
Posted: Tuesday Jan. 20, 2004 11:30pm (Au-EST)
Author: Garth Franklin
some spoiler stuff here
''Gareth' has done an exhaustive job compiling a list of all the goss after talking with stunt co-ordinator Nick Gillard in a recent webchat. Here's the breakdown:
- A lot of people in Ep3 will be hit with a lightsaber the way Obi-Wan was hit in Ep2.
- Nick's cameo Jedi character has long hair and will be seen facing off against Anakin.
- Obi-Wan of course defeats Anakin in Ep3, but winning one fight does not necessarily make one the best at it.
- There will be short scenes/shots of Hayden and Ewan doing lightsaber work during the pick-up shooting in March.
- We will see the younglings fighting, which will include Rick McCallum's daughter (Mousy McCallum)'s Jedi character.
- Darth Sidious uses his lightsaber.
- Nick and Hayden have seen the first 1/2 hour of the film and were very excited.
- The Anakin/Obi-Wan fight will be the longest SW fight ever. It is currently edited at 10 minutes!
- Nick has seen Hayden in the Vader costume.
- As it stands now, the final duel will not be intercut with other action sequences, though that is subject to change.
- The Anakin/Obi-Wan duel is very fast, similar to the speed of the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel.
- Nick was not in ROTJ.
- Nick is always having to "lay down the law" with Hayden during training.
- If Nick shared any new information not yet known he would suffer "grevious" bodily harm from Rick.
- Nick's Jedi character cameo is only a few seconds.
- There will be more than 2 people fighting in the confines of the Trade Federation ship fight scene.
- Nick was sitting right next to Mousy McCallum (aka "Script Girl"
for this webchat.
- Mousy said she flipped off the webcam because 'ol Rick told her to.
- Nick's favorite lightsaber from the saga is his own and it is yellow.
- Mace (Sam) does not use "vaapad" (?) in Ep3, he does what Nick tells him to do for the scene.
- Mousy said "he-ell no" to the question on whether Rick can beat Nick in a fight.
- Nick was not willing to tell us why he and Hayden were practicing lightsaber fighting together as was seen on yesterday's webcam shots.
- The casting is decided for both the character's personality in mind and the build of the actors, but moreso the character.
- There are so many memorable fights aside from the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel, but Nick likes the one he cannot reveal.
- Anakin's fighting style will certainly change as the character goes further towards the dark side.
- Mousy listens to hardcore rap and is a self-proclaimed "inside-out oreo".
- When asked if we will finally see an extended fight when a character wields 2 lightsabers against one, Nick said he wished we could have seen the parts of the Ep2 duel that were cut out.
- When asked if we will see any more beheadings like Jango in Ep2, Nick said "heads will roll in Ep3".
- Nick's description of "the big fight" in 5 words: "#####, ####, #####, #####, ##"
- Nick thinks it is possible for Ep3 to have a PG rating.
- Nick's Jedi character's name is "Cin Drallig", his real name spelled backwards.
- "Kit Fisto goes out like a Bi'tch."
- It is posible for someone to wield two sabers at once but since it is uncomfortable, they would need very special training.
- Nick & Mousy both grind their teeth when watching the lightsaber fights from the classic trilogy and thinking how they could have been improved, especially when matching the fighting and skills to the characters involved.
- We will see double-bladed lightsabers in Ep3.