Return of the King Oscar/Awards thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
Since the award season is coming upon us and ROTK is the frontrunner in basically every award show there is, I created this thread for discussion on ROTK's chances at the awards this year.

Check out this FYC poster, its simply amazing!!!

http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/9867.jpg

The poster was too big for the site, so here are the ones that wouldn't fit but are on the poster

Best Visual Effects
Best Costume Design

shadowy_blue
Well, so far, this is how I myself view what it could possibly look like come February 29th:

The Last Samurai
Cold Mountain
Master and Commander: far side of the world
Whale Rider
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

this is just pure speculation on my part. I hope to God, Allah or even Superman that ROTK will seize Best Picture and Best Director and best Supporting Actor and everything!!

Kitoky
THEY DESERVE ATLEAST BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR!!!!!!!!

kalantiaw
i nominate gollum/ smeagol for the best schizophrenic- with- delusional- tendencies- who- is- in- fact- not- real- but- cg award laughing out loud ...

P-NuT
rotk has a realistic chance of winning at least best picture, best song, film editing, visual effects, sound editing, best sound mixing, best director, best cinematography and best costume design.

shadowy_blue
and best supporting actor. Sean Astin really did a great job. wink

badkittykitty
as I watched the awards last year I said their saving all of lords awards for the end..which I still believe...now after watching the movie..more than ever.

last night on bravo they had a show called the best performers of 2003 they covered everything from movies to tv and music...I waited and waited and toward the end..it was like how couldnt they mention lotr? well it wasnt till the end..in the number one spot...the called it witnessing the completion of a timeless classic..theres no way its not going to take best picture this year.

fini
hmmm sean austin was good but i dont think that he would get a nom( sorry man)
Look if Serkis couldn't get it last year then i have ALMOST no hope for Austin......................not i said almost, i would be most pleased if he does get a nom.

other than that ABSOLUTELY ZERO acting noms.

again and again, i doubt it can EVEN GET a nom for editing , costume, cinematography.......the same people/team/work done, was nominated in 2002 for FOTR

szhismine
ROTK had *better* win at least Best Picture and Best Director. any other winner is unnacceptable.

it also really really really deserves bets original score.

i want Sean Astin to win Best Supporting Actor, Miranda Otto as Best Supporting Actress, and Elijah Wood as Best Actor.

those are the ones they absolutely have to win.

if not...

no, seriously, how can they *not* win?? how can anyone/thing else win those awards??

Izz
Ah, no way, not sean astin... Ian McKellen!!! They definately deserve a price for all the costumes

Ariadne
It would be so great if RotK got best picture, especially since a fantasy sort of film has never won before. And I was reading something somewhere about how the Academy usually favors the underdogs, but everyone has forgotton that LotR started out as the underdog. And of course now it's really popular, but when FotR first came out, they had no idea what would have happened by RotK.

Discos
I say they will walk away with at least 5 awards,

Hania
I'll pray to Allah, really, I will. They will win, but just in case...

P-NuT
i say at least 3 awards won and 6 noms

Member.
yup.

flickerstick
I'd say the definite one would have to be best visual effects, but I'm hoping for it to leave with more.

Suzuka
It would be cool if Ian, Sean and Elijah all won, but I think the one who has the most hope is Sean, and even then...the acadmy (no offensive...) people are stupid sometimes, I mean, they haven't given Peter anything yet!! I want RoTK to win really bad, but knowing the acadamy, I'm afraid they won't get it sad Though I think Shore should win score again, I haven't heard anything with as good as music as RoTK smile Lots of movies this year had pretty good costumes, though RoTK should win, just cause it's sooo good! smile lots of CGI in movies too, though RoTK had lots lots, and good good ones smile and all that dicrector of cinama whatever, I know nothing about stick out tongue

mah
I predict it will receive 10 awards.

Lady Ellie
I just hope they'll get BEST MOVIE.

Kitoky
Yeah me too, if they get Best Film I will seriously be happy, and as long as Sean Astin gets Best Supporting Actor.

Aragorn#1
Didnt Chicago win for costumes over ttt???and Thats... Bull$h%t!!!!

P-NuT
Best Picture, Best Director, Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Editing.

With Best Original Score and Costume Design as Dark Horses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.