elvish language question....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rolos
I got this great trinket box fro x-mas that has Aragorn on the front with Eowyn and Arwen. Outlining the box is nothing but elvish writting. How can I find out what it says?

tigereyes456
do you have an older copy of the return of the king like from the 1980's? cuz it has the whole alphabet in there along with runes adn other stuff adn if not you can find in on the internet easily and download to your wrodpad to use it to write messages...there is also tapes yuo can buy to teach yourself elvish.

Exa
Do you have a picture of it?

(Probably it's the same as round the map - that would be fragments of poems by Sam and Legolas, but that's only a guess)

Exa
- The Tengwar-and-Rune-tables should be in all Appendices
- If you download it be careful cuz most cant be used for direct translating - I mean the a-key doesnt give you a in elvish and so on
- Really??? Tapes with elvish? WHERE???

tigereyes456
i have thelvish language on my compu..it works fine..and my uncle bought three tapes with the elvish language on it. He can speak basic elvin now.

Exa
Elvish language? I have several fonts for the writing systems and also a Sindarin translator, but how language?
Cool... tapes... do they have a name or something?

SeXyChIcK989
hey tigereyes456 how did u get i on ur comp! i really wanna learn it! and how and where did u get the tapes from!? or can u send me sites on it please

Exa
How can you get a language on a comp?!? You can just get a writing system
For example here
http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/downloads.htm

SeXyChIcK989
hey Exa when u go to that website wehre do u go?

tigereyes456
typing it is too easy..learing to speak it is hard adn i dunno the name of the tape my uncle has it in the states...i'll ask him.

Exa
If you go here http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/tengscribe.htm
you find several downloading links for msword-fonts; but they're not the easiest to use, you have to know which letter means what, I think; but there are several different and, the best, translators that keep the right sound for the differend languages to be transcribed correctly

Ariadne
I have some elvish fonts but I don't remember where I got them from or any of the letters or anything. It looks really cool though. big grin

SeXyChIcK989
hey exa when you click on the website...which one do u dowload...Download the Tengwar Scribe 1.1 or Download the Mode Editor 1.5? i am sooo confused and do u know a website where i can learn the alphabit in elvish?

Exa
TengwarScribe.

You find explanations to teach yourself on the same site (links on the bottom, "tengwar"wink, but there are no exercises, only theory

SeXyChIcK989
hey exa...it doesnt realy work...like it come up to this weird thing..like i type in "the" and it come up in 3R?please help me....i downloaded both of them! thanks!

Exa
-> I dunno which one you used, but this program shows you which keys you have to use if you download the font for getting this word wink because "a" doesnt give you "a" but "p" or "k", I think, so if you type "3R" you actually should get "dh" and some e that fits to "dh" wink complicated, complicated, but it works

SeXyChIcK989
hmm i dun get it...but what is this TengwarScribe? what does it meaN?

Melani
Hey Hey im like a master on reading elfish do you have a pic of it??? if you do send it to me and i`ll read it and send u back what it says plus im anxious to read it hehehe smile
my email is [email protected]
plz send it

SeXyChIcK989
hey Melani...where did u learn it from? i really wanna learn it..ok this is what it said...i typed in "the"and it came out 3R? hey exa that tengwarscribe thing isnt really working! why why why why~??? please help me

Exa
As I already said this is a help tool for the font because it does not transcribe like a normal font but systematical after the table.

Melani
ok SeXyChIcK989 there is no site for me to give you sorry but if you have msn I can teach you and others who want to learn rolling on floor laughing

Melani
just Pm me

SeXyChIcK989
thanks melani...what do u mean exa

Exa
What do I mean with what??

SeXyChIcK989
u siad As I already said this is a help tool for the font because it does not transcribe like a normal font but systematical after the table. i wanted to know aht u mena/

Exa
I mean that this program can't be used to actually learn elvish writing but just to help you save time when using the normal tengfont in ms Word (which is very hard work).
But there should also be the normal font downloadable inclusive explanation (which is absolutely necessary)

SeXyChIcK989
i am confused but its ok!

Exa
big grin
LoL I wonder how I always manage to confuse everybody..

SeXyChIcK989
eheheheh hey melani i pmed u...can u pm me back?!

SeXyChIcK989
wait sorry i never pmed u...i added u on msn soo add me! but there is like a long time distance between singapore and canada

SeXyChIcK989
hey melani! u havent pmed me...or added me!? where are u!!>!>!>

yerssot
please, for personal convos there is the PM-system

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.