What do you think the Oracle told Cipher?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
(shrugs)

Just curious, it is something I think about. I get the feeling Cipher believed the Oracle.

I cannot help thinking that he wished what she said was "Make sure you always check if someone is dead when you shoot them..."

The Omega
Wellll.... Think about it.
She may've said "You, Cypher, has a pivotal role to play to end the war."
If Cypher had not betrayed Morpheus, Neo may never have become the One...

MC Mike
yes

mook
whatever he needed to hear...

The One Himself
She said: "Never believe in Morpheus, kiddo..."

kalantiaw
she may have told him he would have to choose between something he knew and was comfortable with and something that was new to him... he would have to make a choice between the matrix and zion... when he was unplugging apoc and switch, i remember him saying "i choose the matrix"... the oracle may have told him that he would have to choose between a lie and the truth, a life of pleasure or a life of hardship... and knowing the oracle, she probably said all mysteriously... in any occasion, i think the oracle just presented him choices... that's my opinion...

Ushgarak
Or he might, we don't know that. I am happy to assume that Morpheus would have worked out how to get Neo to believe in himself without the drama of Cipher's betrayal forcing the situation.

I think Cipher most likely made a bad choice at some point.

mailedbypostman
I see how it it.....

Verity
"Cypher.....Neo and Morpheus told Trinity u like men......"

The Omega

realworlddreams
"sorry kiddo, you ARE ugly...only thing u can do now is get ur own damn plastic surgery..."

Osiris
I think Oracle did tell him this:

"Very soon, you are going to choose between this world and the real world."

and he chosed the Matrix.

Neo6.0
"In one hand, you'll have Morpheus's life. In the other, you'll have a juicy steak."
"......."
"Ignorance is bliss, eh Cypher?"
"I hate it when you freak me out with that fortune teller crap."

clavis9495
well the question is: do you believe the oracle?

:have a cookie: and... beer

Ushgarak
Actually, Cipher raises a number of questions, like the lack of logic in what he says about the steak (though frankly I think that is best answered by saying- he's human, he doesn't HAVE to be logical...)

Lord Shadow Z
I bet she told Cypher that he's going to mysteriously run out of head wax and he got pissed off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.