Eowyn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hobbit_lover
Eowyn is the so awesome!!!! shes was the best in The Return of the king i like her way better than Arwen ..but I still Arwen.. every says well she stopped the ringwraiths in the first and I'm like well Eowyn killed the most powerful one!!! that was awesome...so I'd like to hear what other ppl think of her big grin

hobbit_lover
oh man I have bad spelling and grammar lollaughing out loud

KingOfGondor292
I think she was pretty cool in ROTK

'I am no man' .. hehe, thats a good quote... shes really cool in ROTK. I think shes better than Arwen now that I saw ROTK. I use to like Arwen better but now.. hehe

Discos
yep she is one hell of a gall, but it wadnt actually just Eowyn who defeated the ringwraith, Mary did stab the proper dagger into it first which took away its un-natural powers which made "it" become mortal.

Discos - Still rules though!

Kitoky
Eowyn really showed her quality in RotK but don't say that you like Eowyn better then Arwen because of blah blah blah. They're both equal and respectable women. Eowyn is in the books more then Arwen is but she's such a minor character. They're both minor characters actually.

Ellesar
I really liked it when Eowyn killed the Witch King of Angmar. I also liked it when Arwen returned to Rivendell after seeing a vision of her son.

rianna_d
Heeeey, Arwen is great! don't bash her please stick out tongue

Hania
I like both, they both get to kick butt, and they both get the admiration from the hunky characters...wait...I should be jealous stick out tongue

Kitoky
Haha Hania, I should be too, Eowyn's Faramir! *huffs* Oh well I get the Witch King, in which in my books, Eowyn did not kill. nyah!

hobbit_lover
it didn't really show that Eowyn and Faramir were together do you think they will show it in the extended edition

Kitoky
I hope they show more Eowyn/Faramir interaction in the EE.

Ariadne
Eowyn and Faramir looked so perfect together in their one shot at the end of RotK. I can't wait for the whole Houses of Healing in the EE. And Eowyn is awesome.

hobbit_lover
yes I love Eowyn!

kalantiaw
i must admit, she is rather shagadelic in rotk love happy ...

Smodden
eowen is beter in my op. but arwen is cool in the movies.

cgtuna21
eowyn was my least character in TTT until ROTK she was cool. The least was Denethor. In my opinion Arwen's cooler than Eowyn.

Smodden
correction arwen is HOTER than eowen, well in my opinion.

Striel
Since I had never read the books I had no idea which of the women Aragorn would end up with. I was VERY glad to see him with Arwen in the end. Eowen's character was slightly annoying.

Lady_Eowyn3
Eowyn is the best, when she killed the Witch king, that was just awesome, Arwen was ok but she didn't do much

Firithlotwen
eowyn is the best!
i love the way she manages everything to do her will, she wanted really bad to fight, and she did better than any other could have ever done... only a woman, or maybe only she could have killed the king witch of angmar!!!
she's the greates character in both te book and in the movies, plus she's so beautifull AND her costumes are the cuttest!!
I love the way that girls dresses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eowyn rulessssssss!!!

Kitoky
WELCOME TO THE FORUM FIRITHLOTWEN!

Erm well I wouldn't her dresses are the best I think that Arwen get's that title but Eowyn DOES do the ass whooping work

.:Sexi_Blonde:.
Eowen is kool. But this is what few people notice, if not none at all. Eowen goes to war because this is a way to die loyally for Rohan. She does this because Aragorn rejects her. (according to the book)

I love the movies because they didn't portrait the situtation like that. They fitted it around society today, and the fact that women can fight in war.

When I saw the Fellowship, I had finished the book 4 months before. When I saw that Arwen was given the role to ride Frodo to rivendell (even though he did it himself) I was made. I was like "don't credit her for something she didn't do!". But now I'm like I'm glad they didn't try to exclude the female characters as much as the books did.

Kitoky
I would've been happier if they casted a Glorfindel! Yet they didn't! *growls*

muse5
Eowyn is one of my fav characters, she is such an awsome character, very deep, brave i find it really easy to realate to her, and she killed the freaking witch king, rock on!!! when i went to see rotk at the midnight show, all of the girls (myself included) in the audience cheered when she was like 'i am no man' awesome

Mireisen
Eowyn's more complex than the average joe would think. Though I do respect Arwen (waiting for a man is a tough job I tell ya), Eowyn stole my heart because she is remarkably strong...plus she gets hooked up with Faramir, who's also a favorite of mine.

Eowyn doesn't just simply rock because she killed the Witch King. She desires no man's freakin' pity!!

Kitoky
Eowyn killed wiki though! mad

Ah well...what comes around goes around.

Shieldmaiden
I knew that after everyone had seen the third film, they'd change their opinions of Eowyn. To all those ppl who said she sucked in TT, what do you think after ROTK? SHE ROCKS!!!

Kitoky
http://www.laurelindorenan.com/Eowyn.jpg

Smodden
that pic is dying to be cut and pasted into a sig!

Kitoky
Yeah it does look totally awesome.

Mireisen
Does anyone have any idea where I can see Eowyn in action at the Glittering Caves? I heard there was some spots on a trailer, but I can't seem to find it. Or maybe better, has anyone found anything considering another DVD featuring deleted sequences from the all LotR films? I want to see Eowyn kick orc in that cute cute dress..!

Kitoky
I think some Uruks do manage to get into the glittering caves and she defends her women and children, but that scene was cut. I'll try to find the pictures.

shadowy_blue
There will be some extra action sequences for Eowyn in Pelennor. One of them I saw in a special on A&E the other night that was a making of LOTR special. Eowyn was fighting next to the mumak that fell near her (she was taking out like 3 at a time. )

There also was this interview with Dominic Monaghan saying that there was much fighting for them (Merry and Pip) in the movie. There was apparently a scene where Merry stabs an Orc coming from behind Eowyn, (maybe from the scene above) much like the way Pippin stabs the one behind Gandalf.

Mireisen
I know this is a little out of order but I've just noticed that it almost looks as if David Wenham's eyelashes are missing. Does he have natural red hair? For some reason I notice that redheads and really pale-haired people look like they're missing eyelashes, or at least you don't really see the color. In the scene when Faramir finds Boromir in the boat (TTT: EE) he seems to look much better, and playing it over I figured it was because his eyelashes were darker and it was easier to make out his eyes.

Then there's Viggo with his really sparse eyebrows. That bothers me too. Where are his eyebrows?!

Discos
lol ok weird, anyways Eowyn's sword looks much like Theodens sword in the spect of it being 2 dragons shaping into a heart, Eowyns heart is further apart and not joined like Theodens

Kitoky
Daisy's hair is naturally red.

Viggo doesn't look right without eyebrows blink

LegolasLover411
I'm really glad Eowyn is not a sex symbol like Arawen is.

Kitoky
Theoden's sword is also a one handed sword much like Eowyn's but the hilt of the sword is alot thinner and the horse heads are bigger.

http://www.kultofathena.com/images/uc1370.jpg

Eowyn's sword, the horse heads are farther apart and the hilt is much wider.

http://www.heartstars.net/lotr/sword.jpg

Kitoky
Arwen isn't a sex symbol.

LegolasLover411
I sthis the one that she uses to kill the dude that I had a nightmare about?

"I am no man!!!!"

LegolasLover411
Yeah huh!!

Kitoky
.....Maybe to your eyes.

LegolasLover411
All arowenwas made for was to keep Strider company. At least Eowyn stands up for Middle-Earth. She's more boyish than anything. Arawen doesn't do anything.

Iirima
Well...I think I like the movie Arwen better than the book. All thanks go to Shadowy_blue for that...big grin

Chelse_gladrin9
alright, what am i missing? eek! blink wacko

Kitoky
It's ARWEN. Atleast give her the respect of spelling her name right.

Yes Eowyn did defend Middle Earth, but she had little hope for her people before Aragorn came.
Arwen always had hope, she trusted in Aragorn.
Sure Eowyn trusted in Aragorn too but only after he had proven he could be of great help.

Without Arwen, Aragorn probably wouldn't be alive.

Chelse_gladrin9
what am i missing?

Kitoky
Yeah, Arwen was just...not practically THERE in the books.

LegolasLover411
*Bursts out laughing* laughing laughing laughing laughing

shadowy_blue
*sigh* I'm so tired of this sex symbol stuff. sad I don't know what to say anymore..some people and their reasons... *sigh* sad

shadowy_blue
In fairness, she was there. sad But I didn't like her presence at all. smile

Iirima

Kitoky
Okay let's get back to the subject of Eowyn.

LegolasLover411
Eowen kicks ass!!!!

LegolasLover411
*falls off chair from laughing* hahahahahhahahahha laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Kitoky
Hey guys, do you know what year Eowyn died? Or at what age? I know Faramir died at 120 years old.

shadowy_blue
laughing I don't know why but you're making it sound like a pervy thing. laughing

Iirima
Eh...I need to look up what pervy means. brb.

shadowy_blue
Nope. Nowhere did Tolkien mentioned when she died or what age. sad Even in HoME. But we're all sure that she died before Faramir since he has a long life, and can we know how could Faramir live without Eowyn by his side? Can anyone say angst? wink

But all we know is that they had at least one son named Elboron. big grin Hence, my title. big grin

LegolasLover411
Pervy????? smile wink laughing

shadowy_blue
It was nothing. Forget it. smile

Kitoky
I have noticed the Elboron, but I thought you were an Asian chick wink laughing Just kidding.

Yeah Eowyn probably did die before Faramir since the Rohans weren't really blessed with the numenorean blood that spreaded about..

There goes another year with Faramir in stress therapy..

shadowy_blue
Well, I am. big grin I am a Filipino. Born there but raised here in the US since I was 1 year old, I never came back to the Philippines. I just used Elboron to assume that I am their child. I know it's so hopeless of me and desperate, but hey! I'm their fan!! stick out tongue If we only knew if they had other children or not. sad

aaww..bless him..sad Poor Faramir. sad So, Eomer died when he was 93 years old, and Eomer is 4 years older than Eowyn. Let's say Eowyn died when she was 93 as well, she's 12 years younger than Faramir so Faramir at that time will be 105 years old...aaawww...15 years without Eowyn by her side. How sad...sad

Kitoky
Ah well, you're Filipino too aye? Iirima and I are too. I'm actually Vietnamese but I was born in the Phillies and raised in the US. We have a lot in common wink. I was born in Palawan, Phillippines.

shadowy_blue
That's very cool. big grin Kalantiaw is a Filipino too and Feanor. big grin But..yeah..off-topic..stick out tongue

Kitoky
Adam's FAMILY! Duhdahdudah!

Okaaaaay then.

shadowy_blue
Anyway, can we also talk about Miranda here!?! big grin

Kitoky
Yep, she's Eowyn.

shadowy_blue
OK then..but I won't talk about her personal life..let's leave it at that..I'll just post some pics..smile Here..Miranda and David. love big grin

Kitoky
Miranda's a cool gal but her dress is bit low on her *cough* bosom.

shadowy_blue
Another cute one...they're so adorable! big grin

Iirima
She looks so cool in that one...wink

shadowy_blue
Another one..

shadowy_blue
Miranda alone

shadowy_blue
LOL..this is a very cool pic. big grin

shadowy_blue
Miranda again

Mireisen
Sounds like a lot of Asians are here. I'm Vietnamese, but American-born. I don't know a lick of Viet...except Chao ong/ba/noi/ngoai/bo/cha/me/anh/chi/em/chu/(insert your name here)...but that was enough to get through with family meetings.

Ah so David does have red hair! I've always thought Miranda was so pretty, her complexion's amazing. I could put up a piece of paper there and she's almost just as white! Oooh milky white skin. I wonder how she keeps it like that.

samIam
those are great pictures!!! I love them !!!

are david and miranda dating?? ( i don't keep up with them )

and I would have worn a differnt dress .. not that blue one ...

shadowy_blue
No. Miranda and David are both commited to other people. Miranda is married to Peter O'Brien and David just had a daughter with his long-time girlfriend. smile

Miranda and David are just very good friends. big grin

Phoenix
Eowyn...

Kitoky
Viet too huh? I'm Viet, but born in the Phillies. I know a bit of Viet...a tiny bit.

David...he Bean and Bloom should be like bachelors.

Mireisen
You must have been born during or shortly after the war then. My uncles were in the Philles for a couple of months when the south fell. But then again...

I'd go for Wenham if he had darker eyelashes. My brother thinks Mortensen looks like a rat, and the only hot guy on set would be Bloom...even then everyone else wants him. I guess that just leaves Bean for me, though he speaks with a very slight lisp...or at least it sounds like he's hissing on some words.

That pic of Otto and Wenham, aren't they both Australian? Miranda looks so adorable in that one, her hair's all perked up and cute cute cute!

On one of the Van Helsing trailers I thought I caught a glimse of Wenham and later found that he's playing a monk in it. Does he have a hunch back? Why is it that everyone thinks monks have hunchbacks and tunnel through catacombs?

Kitoky
Holy cow a monk? Now there's a image....*imagines* *shudders*
Eowyn would not be happy.

http://www.saveningalooreef.org/frames/media/celebrity/images/DavidWenham.jpg

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~rn6d-hnd/people/viggo_mortensen.jpg

http://hem.passagen.se/c_brandstrom/glass.jpg

muse5
Alot of people think that i have some asian in me, i don't, but i wish i did, oh well, kinda off topic
eowyn rocks, miranda is cool, david wenham as a monk, i think i'll have to go watch that trailer... very interesting

undomiel
that is sooo true!!
sorry that was kinda random but i really liked what you said

shadowy_blue
That is why Arwen and Aragorn belong to each other. And let's leave Eowyn and Faramir happy together as well. big grin Let's give the two couples blissful lives. love

Kitoky
Thanks smile

I mean LegolasLover I can understand if you just don't really like Arwen but calling her a sex symbol is kinda over it...

Iirima
*shudder*

Edit: anyways...back on topic!

pip-foot
I found some nice Eowyn pics, so i thought i'd psot them here, instead of starting a brand new thread stick out tongue (arnt you happy kit, i searched instead of just staring a new one laughing lol)

pip-foot
another one stick out tongue

pip-foot
another

pip-foot
and the last

Kitoky
She looks weird without her cloak to go with that outfit....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.