dog soldiers 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

samhain
I heard a rumour a while back that a sequel to dog soldiers was in the pipeline. It will take place in a different part of the UK with a new army unit patrolling the area of mysterious attacks. More wolves, more guns.
Has anybody else heard anything about this?

zombieman
Apparently its called Dog Soldiers: Fresh Meat and is currently being shot in Luxembourg. I think its gonna be big budget though so it might not have anything like the same effect as the original. Also, the director has put some american actors to appeal to a wider audience in the states.

mechmoggy
If this is true, its great news!

If the film is half as good as the first, it'll still be pretty good. cool

wicker_man
I'd not be suprised if they did make a second film, the first one was a sleeper hit, hopefully Kevin McKidd will reprise his role as Copper. Although i haven't heard anything solid about it being in the works, hopefully they will aim for an Aliens type follow up (i.e. More Werewolves, More Action).

wolfman
What can i say, i loved the first film but in the name of profit the producers seem to have given original creator/ writer and director Neil Marshall the boot, added a load of americans so they can sell it across the pond and pumped up the budget so that the film can have more blood instead of a witty well written script.

For years i have talked about how much i love this film and no i am going to have to hang my head in shame because of this sequal.

Why would Sgt Wells' team have been compeating against an american force? why would the americans be rescuing British soldiers in Britain? oh yes that right...because they have to be the heros if they are going to sell it in america, why dont they just call it G.I. Dogs and have all the previous american presidents brought bakc in time to win the war against werewolves.

i only hope that i am wrong about this but from what i have heard i am not.

Dog soldiers fans prepare to die inside...Americans prepare to spend money on this film!

Evil Dead
um.........alot of the audience that made Dog Soldiers so popular is American wink

They're not selling out their primary fanbase.......as a good percentage if not most of their primary fan base is American.

Much like 28 Days Later........yeah, it did good in U.K......but America is where all the money was made. If people in the U.K. would spend the same amount of money seeing films each year as us Americans do, alot more films would be made to appeal soly to the U.K. audience.

Another good example is Hellraiser...........it did so well in America and so poor in the U.K. that since it was never discussed in the first movie where it actually took place (even though the actors are primarily English) it was written into the sequels that it was taking place in America.

Simple solutions..........spend more money watching films and more films will be made specificly for you.

Zilverz
Original Creator/Director got the boot? ): <thumbs down>

The whole werewolf family was destroyed in the original. I guess there is just another werewolf family somewhere else in the UK? weak

khan_wolfen
i have heard that they will make dog soldiers 3 which will be a prequel...... there is a reason why it is called dog soldiers

amity75
I read that too. Apparently it's gonna be a trilogy. It's to do with a DNA experiment on members on the military. In the article I read the director said "It wasn't called Dog Soldiers for nothing"

Rambo
I just ordered Dog Soldiers off ebay and it should be arriving here in the next few days. The only reason I've heard of the movie is because of you guys. Thanks. I can't wait to see it.

slayer
I'm gonna buy it 2.

Krosus
You won't regret buying Dog Soldiers im only hoping they don't spooge the sequel up.

It was meant to be a trilogy basically theres a research facility out there and they got werewolves, clones, vampire types locked up etc and they escape/let out and Cooper fights em all. Sean pertwee is set to reprise his role from what i can see of a recent interview (the explosion and or gas stops his transformation somehow) and the original cooper as well

Aqua
doggies!!!!eek!

beatmaster
what is the tune they whistle when in the woods?

beatmaster
what is the tune they whistle when they are in the woods?

HockeyFace
Yes, but why do the heroes have to be American. Leave the damn story alone! Americans should shut the f*ck up and live with things. Oh, and Brit is horror. Modern america will neve rget to the level opf pure gothic Brit horror in three decades it reigned of horror like a supreme god and hwipped are a$$.

HockeyFace
did I mention i am actually american? Call me a hypocrite but i just have different opinions on things, sorry.

donny25
dog soldiers is one of the best werewolf movies out there. I agree if they come out with a sequel there should be no americans in the film. I think thats what makes the film as great as it is. Why would there be americans saving redcoats in britian anyway?

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Krosus
You won't regret buying Dog Soldiers im only hoping they don't spooge the sequel up.

It was meant to be a trilogy basically theres a research facility out there and they got werewolves, clones, vampire types locked up etc and they escape/let out and Cooper fights em all. Sean pertwee is set to reprise his role from what i can see of a recent interview (the explosion and or gas stops his transformation somehow) and the original cooper as well

I doubt that was the original idea behind the first movie. It smells more like a hollywood scheme on using the first movie's eventual popularity, steal it's name and make it another over the top CGI fest.

I appreciated Dog Soldiers just for it's small scale; low-tech yet impressive approach on the effects and monsters, and good attention on acting, clever tension and humour.
It doesn't need flashy science labs, manipulation complots and crap like that.

Wolfie
The sequel was supposed to come out December 2005. Don't hold your breath for it.

It's a shame too, I was looking forward to this werewolf franchise.

beta-wolf_101
I hope Freeborn comes out soon. It looks like the most promising werewolf movie in the pipeline. I will cry over my Dog Soldiers DVD if the sequel flops. And what with this US v.s. UK crap? We needed to focus our hate on those who deserve it. The French.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.