REX's Game - Sol-leks vs. Legion/Quor/Galiss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
The Dark Jedi are performing their raid of the Oovo IV. Cutting through guards and tossing them off platforms, jamming doors, disarming and bisecting them, yadayadayada. But now Sol-leks is tired of being pushed around by Legion, and is positive that he'll be the one reporting to Thajkon that Legion was a weakling...

POINT SYSTEM:

First to 5 wins, but you must win by a full two points, or it will go to a higher scoring. For example, the fight could go to a 12-10 win rather than a 5-3 win.

Also, I will not give points for bantering, including talking and saying "light swings" and the like. You must make a focused and thought-out move that may harm your opponent or force your opponent to retreat.

ANALYSIS: Legion is a skilled duelist, working with either one blade, two blades, or a lightstaff. Sol-leks, however, is not. He relies solely on strength and powerful hacking moves. Legion is much faster.

Sol-leks to attack, Legion to defend

"You are going down, Legion..." Sol-leks says, holding his lightsaber vertical.

He comes at you, bounding towards you like the great oaf he is, and leaps, aiming a vertical blow meant to cut you down the center as he comes down.

Darth Revan
((I think you made a mistake with the analysis...))

Captain REX
Indeed I did! Changed it.

presbyguy
*gets popcorn*smile

Captain REX
Yes, this should be pretty good.

presbyguy
im watching all of these so i can get pointerssmile*chokes on popcorn*ack! ack! i thought it was buttered not salty!

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Try to keep the chatter down a bit in here...

yerssot
well, if you say he goes for power and that I'm fast, I take it's a hint that blocking a strong blow of him is a bad idea ....

so, when he leaps up, I get ready to move out, so, when he goes up with his sabre, the moment I know he can't change directions cause he's all poweredup for the forward blow, I roll sideways, and staying down so that if he is not as strong as I thought and can still change his move he has to aim lower either getting him off-balance or giving a weak blow
after he lands and gives the vertical blow, which if is powerful will go slower, I give a quick diagonal blow aimed at his unprotected back which is a tad bent down, I quickly roll away and stand up afterwards to brake the fight up

presbyguy
blink wacko whistle wow thats some hard core simming*hides*

yerssot
presbyguy, please stop posting meaningless things here roll eyes (sarcastic)
it's annoying

Captain REX
Yes, it does kinda ruin the point of the thread...

The blow misses completely, and he lands on one knee as you roll off to the side, his saber hitting the ground instead of you. This gives you a chance to retaliate...

Sol-leks - 0, Legion - 1

Legion to attack

yerssot
I give a quick diagonal blow aimed at his unprotected back which is a tad bent down, because it's a quick blow he would need to react fast while his sabre is still forced down by his own strenght. Combined with the fact that he is on one knee and therefor has to move his upperbody to reach for the block and can place less power in it

I quickly roll away and stand up afterwards to brake the fight up

Captain REX
You are sure you are about to kill him, but he drops down further and rolls over to block your blow! Then again, he is the one on the ground right now...

"Kill him!" Terran shouts to you, Legion.

Legion - 2, Sol-leks - 0

Sol-leks to attack.

He makes a recovery move to get himself off the ground and attack you at the same time. You doubt you can put him down after he starts getting up, and he's right under you. He twists his legs in a spinning kick, the momentum of which should get him back on his feet.

(Think Agents and Seraph recovery...)

yerssot
er... don't know that recovery rex, though I think I know what you mean

since sol-leks doesn't use his lightsabre to either attack or defend himself, but uses his legs to get up and in the mean time hit me, I tighten my grip on the lightsabre and let him spin to gain some speed first.
Than when the feet spin to me to hit me, I quickly take a step back and twirl the sabre in front of me, with the meaning to cut off his feet so that he can't get up and should be easier to defeat.

Bespin Bart
EDIT - BB been using my computer again... miffed:

~REX~

Captain REX
You both go spinning, his feet and your borrowed lightsaber. You manage a slight cut on his right leg, but nothing to impair him. He lands a hard kick in your ribs, and you think you hear something snap! You feel no pain though...

Round drawin, goes to attacker.

Legion - 2, Sol-leks - 1

Legion to attack, Sol-leks is now up and ready for you.

yerssot
sithspit! should have remembered his power!

Now that we're up and running again, I twirl my lightsabre and do a butterfly before dashing the last two-three meters at him and roll to the otherside of him (presuming he's righthanded I'll roll to his left side, cause than he can't put that much power on his blow), also rolling cause it's more difficult for him to hit me if I pass him fast enough, I stop my roll when I'm behind him and make a 180-turn with my sabre aimed at his undefended back,
if everything went right, by the speed he should be confused and instead of turning right for an easy block if he didn't attack me during the fast roll, he would turn left (cause I left his eyesight at that point) giving me more time to give him a blow

Darth Revan
((you said I could join the duel where should I start))

Captain REX
I'll put you in after this...

Legion, he swings and you roll under his blade. You come up to stab him in the back, but he whirls around and nearly bisects you! You stagger back to avoid getting hit, and you see Quor approaching the combat. Sol-leks aims a blow at you, but spins to confront Quor, snarling with rage...

Sol-leks - 2, Legion/Quor - 2

Sol-leks aims a blow at you, but spins to confront Quor, snarling with rage...

Since Legion just attacked, and Sol-leks has confronted Quor...

Sol-leks to attack, Quor to defend.

He comes at you by feinting an overhead blow, but instead spins his blade around, aiming to hit your large neck. It is going to back hard using those saber staffs in close combat, just warning you. It could get ugly if he tries something tricky.

Darth Revan
Quor brings both sabers to whichever side he's attacking from and crosses them so they form an "X". He also pulls his head in, (like a crane) which shortens his neck considerably. Now, assuming Quor blocked his attack, he swings one saber towards Sol-leks' legs and stabs at his stomach with the other.

Captain REX
You are on the defense! I'll do the stuff before you try swinging at him.

And try to keep organized with your lightstaffs. Don't want one of those extra blades going through you!

You pull in your head, which definitely improves your chances of him missing. His lightsaber merely crashes against your lightsabers, which is a damn hard hit anyway! He is caught off guard by your unusual manuever, and you can take the offensive...

Sol-leks - 2, Legion/Quor - 3

Quor to attack.

Darth Revan
((thanks I'll keep that in mind))

Now Quor spins the left saber around vertically to gain momentum and swings upward and to the right at his legs. At the same time, he brings the right one down at his shoulder/neck area.

Captain REX
He jumps to the side and back a little, holding his lightsaber horizontal. Your blades crash on either side of it. He twists his blade and unlocks, easily backing away, towards Legion...

Sol-leks - 3, Legion/Quor - 3

Sol-leks to attack, Legion to defend

Legion, he attacks you with a powerful jab for your center, then tries to deliver a straight kick at your kneecap.

yerssot
well, when sol-leks was distracted, with fighting Quor, I reach out with the force to reach my lightsabre and activate it

can we also post supporting moves?

when sol-leks goes for the jab, I roll to his side so that his blow hits air, I wait a few seconds more to catch my breath and to concentrate me, the second I see he's going to kick, I jump up and over him, in order to avoid it before it can even take place, and with only one foot on the ground he is imbalanced. When I use the force to jump over him, I twirl myself around with the two sabres in my hand it forms a lethal "thing" of nothing but lightsabres impossible to penetrate and aimed at his head.
I land clear a few meters further and make a quick roll and stand up again, looking at him

yerssot
btw, rex, ... Legion vs Legion and Quor? messed
and I forgot to add, with the jumping, ... it's so that if he attacks someone he will always have his back unprotected from the one who's behind him

Darth Revan
yeah that part about him having his back unprotected... Like why couldn't I just stab him in the back while he's fighting Legion?

Captain REX
I think I made a typo talking to Ush... big grin

He can try, Revan, but since it is a supporting move, there are no guarantees. It was your turn to hit him, not Legion's.

Sol-leks is getting a bit freaked out by your speed! The blow meets air, you flip over him before the kick even happens, and he nearly falls over trying to turn to meet you!

Sol-leks - 3, Legion/Quor - 4

Legion to attack

yerssot
rex, I'm getting confused now... thought it was my time to defend which I did, and now I have to attack him, right?

so, basicly now you tell me that he's getting a bit dizzy and instable on his feet instead of a normal defensive pose?

Captain REX
You are correct. He turned to meet you, but he's dizzy and not exactly in a good defensive stance. He feels cornered...especially since Galiss is heading your way...

After your attack, Galiss can have his go.

yerssot
ok... have to go for speed again...

I go to his left-side with the force-run, where he doesn't have his lightsabre, that way he can't hit me that well, or needs to turn again, and when I get there, I dive low to the ground and behind him again to get him to fall down, when I finish my roll behind him, I make a quick jab at his leg, if he doesn't fall down from being dizzy, he'll fall down cause of a sabre!

Captain REX
Sol-leks - 3, Legion/Quor - 5

Legion and Quor are the victors!

You roll under his dizzy spinning defensive slash, only when you don't get up to jab him in the back, the full spin does nothing as you drive your blade through his leg. His face contorts in pain and rage, squeezing his lightsaber to the point of bending the casnig...

Finishing move, Legion? Make it stylish and make it anything.

yerssot
thanks rex wink
I love finishing moves...

I drop Terran's sabre and with a grin I hold my own lightsabre in front of me and ignite the other side so that it's now my sabrestaff (ala Maul style), I do a cartwheel and push him over, letting him fall down, I play a bit with my sabre with fast twirls, kneel down and stab one right through his troat.

"If only you listened to me in the first place..." I grin

afterwards I nod to Quor... "Guess I wasn't the only one that wanted to make room for the journey home."

I take his lightsabre and smile.
"You never know when you will need a new one ...
They don't make lightsabres like they used to."

(last line is from a EpI webdoc, anyone know who?)

Baylin
Seeing Sol-leks cut down Galiss stops "Oh, nice work chaps! Hmm guess you dont need me then." Galiss then salutes the victors and switches off his blade.

Captain REX
Sol-leks is dead, and there is nothing stopping you from taking his things. He's got a thermal grenade and his lightsaber, a few ropes, and shockboxing gloves.

You may return to the game thread.

Darth Revan
Well Legion already took his lightsaber, so Quor takes the other stuff he has.

Captain REX
They're yours.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.