Opinion on having 2 back 2 back sequels and airing date for the first sequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Karate_girl84
I was just wondering what are people's opinions about the airing date to the sequel of Pirates of the Caribbean in 2005, and what their opinion is on having 2 back 2 back sequels?

bunny

beaujay1
it sucks, i mean people might lose interest if it comes out so late...I cant trust myself to be that tru of a fan for like a yr and a half till release!!!!!!!!!!

Karate_girl84
I totally agree with you. They should make one sequel for like 2004 and then 2005 like what they did with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I also can't trust myself to be that true of a fan. omg! I wish they would change the year of it's release. And to think that it isn't coming out early in 2005 but late. My interests in it will totally be fading, even though I'm a big fan of it. Do you think they might decide to change the 2 back 2 back sequels? I think their releases are too close and they shouldn't do the 2 back 2 back sequels.

Caribbean_Chick
hmm well I'm a bit on the slow side so what do you mean by back to back sequelsconfusedembarrasment? and they probably could manage having it coming out in December of 2004 earliest but they want to give the actors timeno.. well at least they are thinking of the actors firstconfused

Karate_girl84
What I mean by 2 back 2 back sequels is that the first sequel will be coming out in late 2005 and then immediately after that the next one will. First there is a huge gap between when the first movie came out and then the second, and then there is a little gap between the second movie and then the third. It seems odd for them to do this. Usually, they give it a year before they put out the next movie in a sequel to give the audience enough time to digest what they have seen. I do understand what you mean about giving the actors time. I do not think that they should only think of the actors first. However, if one does want to make a good movie, then they will want the actors to be in top shape and ready. On the other hand, they need to also try to put the fans first because they are an extremely important asset to making money off this movie and going on to the third movie. So...it seems kind of difficult to balance out. I hope that they do change the date to an earlier one for everyone's sake haha.

bunny

Caribbean_Chick
ooooooooo I get it.. kind of like the Matrixstick out tongue.. well if they are planning that I don't know if it will work out too wellconfused

jack's dudess
T'would be strange.....

.:[Kamikaze]:.
i hope they dont coz that didnt work too well with the Matrix stuff... i mean like a few years of waiting till reloaded and straight after revolutions came out wish was kinda poo.. lol it would be better if they COULD release POTC2 like even if its late this year, but for it to come out THIS YEAR and the next sequel to come out next year. that would be better... i hope they do change their minds and release it this year *crosses fingers, legs and anything else in hope of the change* lol...

take care

luv AS!!!
xxx

.:[Kamikaze]:.
phoarrrrrrr love ya siggy Caribbean_Chick *drools* http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/drool.gif

airangel429
Maybe they will make them back to back like they did LOTR movies and then release them in the same style......but they still have to see how big of a success the 2nd will be.

JohnnyLove19
Jerry Bruckheimer wants the sequel to come out July 1st of 2005...i read it in an article but I don't remember where I got it...

Unholy_Cheese
They never come out on the day they say

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.