Batman Begins (Updates/News)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BOPRecruit 16
i know there are already two to three other batman 5 threads, but i just had to get this bit of news out that i just read at superherohype.com.

alot of you have probably already have read some version of the summary/plot for the movie, so all you have to know is that this movie is going to follow the early career of the dark knight, batman (christian bale).

here's what Latino Review has confirmed as it says in the Batman Hype! section of SHH:

the scoop: two villians, one love interest, a young comm. gordon and harvey dent.

the cast:

christian bale - batman
michael caine - alfred
judson caspian - viggo mortensen
cilian murphy - harvey dent
katie holmes - rachael caspian
chris cooper - gordon
elle fanning - barbara
noah emmerich - (unknown)

note: the two villian roles is not a for sure thing, so don't get your hopes up.

my opinion: i didn't expect caine, holmes, and fanning to be in this. holmes doesn't seem the comic book hero movie type, but oh well. *shrugs* i'm so hyped that viggo is going to be in this after all! eek! chris cooper was a shocker also.

since i've never read the comics, whose viggo's and katie's characters? is viggo not a villian like i had heard or hoped?

(go to www.superherohype.com for more news on the upcoming batman movie!)

later,

Sodapop Allerdyce

Shorty2Forty
wow u seem to kno alot

MaverickIce
We should make this a note. From that info, I think and hope, that the movie will be based on the Long Holloween. By the way, BOP, what's your name on the hype? I'm Unthinkable.50

BOPRecruit 16
can people still reply to this thread when it becomes a note? whose the mod of the batman forums anyways?

what's the long halloween? like i said, i don't read any of the comics, except the ones that are based on the 90's toon.

i'm not a member of the SHH boards yet, but i have looked at it. i'm not sure if i want to join or not, still considering it since i don't know or read much of the comics. let me know what the people are like there. thanks for the heads up on the un, i'll keep it in mind to pm you if i ever join.

more or less. laughing i just tend to read alot of the articles at superherohype.com. i keep myself updated on those things, movie news. so i hit all the major and quality movies sites that i go to.

Darth Vicious
I sure hope the story is like the Long Halloween storyline, i believe that Batman shouldnt always be made as action movies but as a thriller as well!

MaverickIce
No mod here yet, yes ppl can respond to a note. I get you info on TLH, it is maybe the BM Comic of ALL time.

BOPRecruit 16
can anyone answer my questions about the characters and long halloween?

Hypester
oh, answers?

Long Halloween is a beastly Batman storyarc (13 issues) that follows a mob storyline and guest stars everybody from joker to catwoman to harvey dent (lawyer, etc) and involves the mystery of a criminal named Holiday who, evidently, does his evil only on Holidays... (seems like EVERY holiday...)

Judson Caspian is a char from Batman Year two, he is a death-dealing vigilante with scythes who goes at it with Batman, meanwhile, Bruce falls in love with his daughter, Rachel...

BOPRecruit 16
thanks for answering my questions.

could you please post some pix of this caspian character that viggo is going to play?

in the meanwhile, i'll check out for more news on the upcoming batman movie to post here!

BOPRecruit 16
just read some of the new articles at SHH, mostly they talked about some of the movie being shot in iceland for 2 weeks for a scene. the exclusive scoop mentioned that the iceland scene is where: batman (bale) will be training to fight by/with Ra's Al Ghul's #1 pupil...whoever that is. also, that the movie's story will take place between year one and year two. so remember the characters who were in at that time! plus, the film is very story-driven and the two years are creatively infused. no news on the costumes, but it does sound quite interesting. the little cliff hanger... by the way, do any of you know when this movie is supposed to come out? the counter says 541 days to go until the release in 2005, next year.

Sc0rchy
so the rej guy isn't gonna be in it??? *lost*

(sorry, i don't know how to spell his name... all i know is that he rocked)

BOPRecruit 16
whose rej? can you describe him or post a pic?

Sc0rchy
um... old guy... called batman "detective" a lot... i'll see if i can find a pic

Sc0rchy
http://www.comicscave.gr/lists/Ra's%20al%20Ghul.jpg

oh, and it's ra's al ghul apparently...

BOPRecruit 16
whoa...is he some warlock or something? he looks kind of evil to me...what's his history?

Sc0rchy
um... he's not a warlock. he's immortal though. i never read the comics so i'm not too familiar with his story, but i watched the cartoon a lot and in it he has this lazarus pit that he keeps going to to stay young and he has a daughter, talya (i think that's the spelling), who calls bruce beloved. um... that's all i can remember right now. but he was very kick @$$ big grin

oh, and in the show he wore green...

BOPRecruit 16
i remember that guy from the toon also, just had to make sure that it was him. i used to watch that 90's toon all the time, i loved it to death! eek! i don't care how many times i've seen any episode, i'll still watch it! ^.^ my fave villians were live wire, poison ivy, and....

Sc0rchy
mr. freeze and ra's al ghul. handsdown my favorite batman villains.

BOPRecruit 16
with this pic of christian bale, i can totally picture him as bruce wayne/batman!

http://www.starz-city.com/christian_bale/007.jpg

maybe i can get verauko or someone to alter this pic so that he's wearing the suit!

Sc0rchy
haha... i watched american psycho two days ago... i dunno how he'd do as batman, but as a disturbed rich boy he did a d@mn good job!

BOPRecruit 16
here's a pic of cillian murphy whose going to play a young harvey dent. (looks like tom welling in this pic...): http://i.imdb.com/Photos/HH/0614165/Cilliannew.jpg

Sc0rchy
hrm. that he does. i thought harvey dent was black though. didn't that guy who played lando calrissian play harvey dent in the first batman?

BOPRecruit 16
don't know...i don't keep up with the batman movies. except for this new one. i thought harvey dent was that fat white cop that worked with commissioner gordon, at least he was in the animated series on cartoon network...

Sc0rchy
no, the fat guy was bullock... or something. but harvey dent was the d/a till he got acid spilled on his face and he became two face...

BOPRecruit 16
ooooohhhh! *light bulb goes on* laughing my bad! now that makes sense...from the third batz movie or so...

where do you go for movie/superhero movie news?

Sc0rchy
lol... imdb.com. i only found out about the batman movie by accident... i was lookin up info for american psycho... haha

BOPRecruit 16
go to superherohype.com and cinema confidential, way better news. not so great forums. i love shh!

Sc0rchy
that i will

BOPRecruit 16
sound like kenshin himura! (sorry, getting off topic!) i'll try to get more batz news and cast pix soon.

Sc0rchy
yeah, except i'd have black hair and my outfit would be all black with a dark silver belt.

venomfan
i hope batman looks like this

Sc0rchy
that cape looks badass... big grin

BOPRecruit 16
to everyone who reads the news that i post here, sorry for all the spaming of non-movie news. okay. i just looked up more articles at SHH, there's not much new news. there's one about more on the scene in Iceland. all it says is that it has already began filming and will take two weeks to shoot, not much there. the news i wanted to give it is a link to go read the possible batman story plots/details featured at Dark Horizons (since SHH was so vague on it). i haven't read the article myself yet, and since it's so long, i'm not going to bother to read and just leave highlight notes here. check it out: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040108e.php

in this other article, it says that cillian murphy has beaten viggo mortensen to the role of the scarecrow (dr. jonathan crane). this totally contradictes the other news bits that i posted previously. the reporter at SHH asked Viggo's representatives about his rumoured role in the new batman movie, and they said that viggo was never signed nor involved with the movie in the first place. man...that's so disappointing! i was really looking forward to seeing viggo play a villian, no less in a superhero movie. i hope this bit of news that originally came from an irish movie site isn't true! don't you all want to see him in a batman movie?! anyways...i'll continue to keep you guys posted on batman intimidation!

BOPRecruit 16
Filming Locations:

*most of the shooting is at Shepparton Studios in Middlesex. (where's middle sex?)
*they will spend six days in london that will double as gotham (confirmed)
*there's talk about a racetrack, but no details on it yet

gisugil
How do you create new threads?

BOPRecruit 16
for those of you people who are from the UK and London, have you been able to catch a glimpse of the batman movie being shot or anything else of the sort for the movie?

beardos
hi guys, a guess into harvey dent role as per the comics.
Harvey dent was a rookie lawyer working for the d/a (? im british they call em different things out here!) batman used to feed harvey info in return for info on criminals, they were big buddies.
come forward a bit and harvey dent gets acid spilled on his 'ead and turns into the schizophrenic Two Face who flips coins to make decisions.
Bats still thinks Dent is his buddy deep down, but can see he is disturbed ensuring a big fight and possible redemption upon death. the end.
Wadda ya reckon? smile confused

BOPRecruit 16
Casting Rumours:

Nolan is considering Laurence Fishbourne (Morpheus in The Matrix Triology) for the small role of Lucius Fox and a three picture deal (just like Michael Caine.

Also, Nolan is determined to have Chris Cooper as Commissionor Gordon although the actor has turned him down a couple of times for the role.

The New and Improved Batman to Be:

At a recent premiere for a movie called "The Machinist", it was obvious to see that Christian Bale has bulked up for his role as Batman/Bruce Wayne considerably. (In my opinion, he looks kind of chubby near the face...but that could change. Since i can't see his muscles and all...) Here are some pix of him at the premiere: http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=708

New Set Locations:

Nolan and his crew got permission from a council to use the Cardington Airship Hangars to use as storage areas, build a race track to hold about 200 cars, and use them to place city sets inside.

Raz
Sticking thread as it's very informative.

BOP, instead of link to images, attach them. Some sites don't let you link, like in this post.

BOPRecruit 16
raz: sorry, i don't know how to attach pix. i tried, but failed horribly. but is it too much to ask for people to go to the links?

anyways...later today i'll check in to superherohype.com to see if there is any new batman: intimadation news.

Raz
The site won't show the pictures as they don't want people to post links to it outside of their website. Click on the link to see what I'm talking about.

How did you fail posting an attachment? You save the image to your hard drive, then go to the reply page and click browse. simple. pm me if you need further help.

BOPRecruit 16
well the links to the pix are mostly site links to get to the pix. click on some of them, they will lead to sites that will contain links to the pix. the batman pix that i posted earlier, weren't important.

AceOfGambit
Ain't Christan Bale the guy who was the star in the musical " Newsies"?

BOPRecruit 16
Batmobile Concept Rumour:

2 F1 style tires at front, and four huge monstertruck style nobbly tires at rear. Batmobile not long, but wide, also has jet at rear. 2 seater side byside, it was mobile and driving. The one I saw had no shell.

(Quoted exactly from SHH article of a rumour from a movie site called Tomato.)

The article goes on to say that the batmobile is finished and ready for filming. Also, there is news of the Bat-suit that Christian Bale is to wear in the movie. On the Batman costume, his signature ear spikes will be shorter.

(Note: In this next article, it says different for the description of the batmobile, suit, and the iceland locations.)

Location - Iceland:

Now onto BATMAN. First. The filming begins at the end of next month in Iceland and will continue until mid March before moving to the U.K. Iceland shooting-don't worry, it's not BATMAN on ice skates-more like all terrain vehicles, with Christian Bale not arriving till around March 1st. One of the cardington hangers being used for the film has large sets of a old train station of some sort, as well as housing the MASSIVE batcave.

Casting Change Up:

Casting. First of all, Morgan Freeman is no longer up for Lucious Fox, but is up for Gordon. Initially he was, but when Chris Cooper refused, Nolan turned to Freeman. Cillian Murphy will play Jonathan Crane, and Katie Homes as Harvey Dents assisstant Rachel. Harvey Dent has yet to be casted, having Guy Pearce be the only one test for that. The role of Earle has been brought up to several people, none of them rather big name stars, but lesser known character actors. Same goes for Boss Carime Falcone. Lucious Fox is also still undecided.

More Batmobile Rumours:

I also happened to read the FALSE batmobile description you have. The car is still being made but is not like "monster truck". Rather it is dark black. If you have the lights shut off, you ain't seeing it. It has twin jet engines in the back, with two small fins over them. It is a two seater and has two tires on the front, that, if looking from the direct front of it, are about 8-10 inches inward compared to the back two, which are slightly larger, but not that noticable. The cars are all going to be equipped with a large variety of gizmos. The jets can burn so hot it creates thick black smoke, and oil slick, all wheel drive, bat hooks, bulletproof windshield, ejection seats, and a t.v.

Batman MAY use other vehicles in the film...but I won't spoil that for you now. Oh and the press conference-lets just say your going to want to be staying in around the 17th (last I heard).

Bat-Suit Rumour:

The costume-jet black as well. It is not spandex, under armor, or even rubber. It is a new material, that can stretch and bend easy, but won't be overly skin tight. Padding in the ribs and chest area as well as the arms and upper legs will be added, with large black boots for the feet. There will be about 4-5 of them.

Latino Review - New Batman Intimidation Script Review:

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreviews/batman/script-review.html

More Filming Locations:

From this vague article, it states as of today, Batman will shoot in London, New York, and Iceland.

Cooper Hands Role of Gordon over to Freeman:

Here's a quote based on 'William Keck's interview with Chris Cooper at the Golden Globe Awards about the movie:

Chris Cooper tells us he was offered the role of Commissioner Gordon in the new Batman film, Intimidation Game, but turned it down. "I read the script and decided the substance of the script and the character was not up to what I expected," said Cooper. Instead, Cooper will likely play Patricia Clarkson's lawyer in Conquistador, a film dealing with rights for the disabled and written by Cooper's wife. In other Batman news, Morgan Freeman told us at the Big Bounce premiere that he's considering signing on for a part.

Disclaimer: As always, I get my news from SuperHeroHype.com, so I own none of these quotes from their Bat-Media Articles.

Mr Parker
Goodbye pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael keaton,Hello Tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne.I mean Christian Bale. smile

Melkor_TheEnemy
Hey Michael Keaton was a great Wayne/Batman.... ok maybe he was a bit dodgy as Bruce in Batman Returns but I think he was the best Batman so far.

BOPRecruit 16
i agree with melkor on this one. in those pix of the buffed christian i saw at shh, he looked chubby because of all the winter clothes. i don't think i have seen any or bearly any of bale's movies. is he good at playing a dark character?

about the casting change...oh man! no viggo?! sad

coolboarder98
What exactly has Christian Bale starred in?

BOPRecruit 16
coolboarder98: Here's Christian Bale's filmography as seen at imdb.com -

Batman: Intimidation (2005) (pre-production) .... Batman

Machinist, The (2004) .... Trevor Reznik
Equilibrium (2002) .... John Preston
Reign of Fire (2002) .... Quinn Abercromby
Laurel Canyon (2002) .... Sam
Captain Corelli's Mandolin (2001) .... Mandras
... aka Capitaine Corelli (2001) (France)
Shaft (2000) .... Walter Wade, Jr.
... aka Shaft - Noch Fragen? (2000) (Germany)
American Psycho (2000) .... Patrick Bateman

Mary, Mother of Jesus (1999) (TV) .... Jesus of Nazareth
Midsummer Night's Dream, A (1999) .... Demetrius
... aka Sogno di una notte di mezza estate (1999) (Italy)
... aka William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream (1999) (USA: complete title)
All the Little Animals (1998) .... Bobby Platt
Velvet Goldmine (1998) .... Arthur Stuart
Metroland (1997) .... Chris
... aka Metroland (1997) (Spain)
Portrait of a Lady, The (1996) .... Edward Rosier
Secret Agent, The (1996) .... Stevie
... aka Joseph Conrad's The Secret Agent (1996)
Pocahontas (1995) (voice) .... Thomas
Little Women (1994) .... Laurie
Prince of Jutland (1994) .... Prince Amled
... aka Amled, prinsen af Jylland (1994) (Denmark)
... aka Prinsen af Jylland (1994) (Denmark: video title)
... aka Royal Deceit (1994) (USA)
Swing Kids (1993) .... Thomas Berger
Newsies (1992) .... Jack Kelly/Francis Sullivan
... aka Newsboys (1992)
Murder of Quality, A (1991) (TV) .... Tim Perkins
Treasure Island (1990) (TV) .... Jim Hawkins
... aka Devil's Treasure (1990) (TV) (Australia: video title)

Henry V (1989) .... Falstaff's Boy
Empire of the Sun (1987) .... Jim
Mio min Mio (1987) .... Jum-Jum
... aka Land of Faraway, The (1987)
... aka Mio in the Land of Faraway (1987)
... aka Mio, moj Mio (1987) (Soviet Union: Russian title)
"Heart of the Country" (1986) (mini) TV Series .... Ben Harris
Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna (1986) (TV) .... Alexei

Batman Hype!

Nolan's Search For Arkham:

Last week, there was a rumour that Christopher Nolan was seen location scouting at National Institute of Medical Research in Mill Hill, North London, UK. Seems like he's searching for a place that looks like an insane asylum. Maybe Arkham?

Batman Appears in Variety:

Here are some quotes from the Variety arcticle said by director Christopher Nolan, writer David Goyer, and Warner Bros. -

This time around, it's about the genesis of Batman: How billionaire Bruce Wayne makes a series of decisions that turn him into the Caped Crusader. Batman will be more realistic and less cartoonish. There are no campy villains. Wayne -- younger, more vulnerable, more human -- will be getting as much attention as his masked alter-ego.

"I felt like doing the origins story of the character, which is a story that's never been told before," says Chris Nolan ("Insomnia," "Memento"wink, who takes the reins of "Batman" from Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher.

Humanity and realism, says Nolan, is the crux of the new pic.

"The world of Batman is that of grounded reality," he says. Burton's and Schumacher's visions were idiosyncratic and unreal. Nolan says, "Ours will be a recognizable, contemporary reality against which an extraordinary heroic figure arises."

Nolan, a self-confessed James Bond fan as a child, is keen on reinventing Wayne as more of a modern-day Bond than hapless playboy -- an action-adventure hero who has mythic qualities and battles the odds to save the world.

WB Pictures prexy of production Jeff Robinov says, "There's an emotional component to the film which grounds it and really tells us about Bruce Wayne's struggle."

While the new Bruce Wayne is getting emphasis, Nolan, scripter David Goyer and WB have focused on fixing problems that plagued the other pics. For example, Bruce Wayne was too dark and impenetrable and had lost the humorous side found in the comics. The character was basically just dead screen time until Batman appears -- which in the new film may not happen until 40 minutes after it begins.

"If we're successful, the thing that will be talked about a lot and on what we worked on the hardest is that the audience will really care about Bruce Wayne and not just Batman," Goyer says. It doesn't matter how much you spend on special effects -- if it feels hollow, no one gives a damn."

Nolan starts helming the film next month, and its summer 2005 release will prove whether WB has been able to breathe new life into the Caped Crusader -- and to rescue its biggest franchise outside of "Harry Potter."

So the new, untitled "Batman" is getting a complete overhaul, backed by a roughly $150 million budget.

Rather than pit Batman against a new set of supervillains, the new film focuses on how billionaire Bruce Wayne becomes the Dark Knight.

"It's almost impossible to reinvent Batman," says Robinov. "Chris is reintroducing Batman, and it feels smart and cool and fresh. That's no disrespect to the other movies, but it's really Chris' vision of Batman, and that's what we're supporting."

There'll be a new Batmobile, a new arsenal of gadgets, a new Batsuit (sans nipples) as well as a new musical theme.

Even Gotham City is getting a facelift. Previous pics made the city seem dark and claustrophobic or garishly stylized. Instead of lensing on sets built inside huge soundstages, the new film will be shot on locations in New York, London and Iceland, assembling pieces of each city to recreate Gotham as a modern-day metropolis.

"Gotham will seem like this great city in a contemporary world and will be created through various cities," Nolan says. "We are trying to avoid a villagey feel for Gotham, as it starts to get claustrophobic."

Goyer -- who penned the successful "Blade" series for New Line and was a former staffer at "Batman" publisher DC Comics -- adds: "As the Batman films progressed, they became increasingly more cartoonish and more like the campy TV show. We think the audience is tired of that, and it's at odds with the way Batman is depicted in the comicbooks over the last decade. Batman is a classic figure whose story is wrapped in tragedy."

Nolan jumps on that theme: "Few superheroes have the sense of purpose and destiny that Batman has. He is driven by an incredible sense of rage, sadness and grief because of the tragedy of his parents' murder at an early age. To me, Batman is the most interesting superhero because he doesn't have any superpowers. He is very human."

The casting of Bale, Nolan hopes, will not only give audiences a younger Batman to root for but also a weighty sense of his true character.

"Bruce Wayne is strong, and the things that are done to him to make him become Batman are all psychological and character-based," Nolan says. "We needed an actor capable of taking us along on this journey and showing the different psychological layers which inspire Bruce to become Batman."

In terms of whether the movie will be too dark, Robinov says the film's more about conflict than darkness: about Batman's internal conflict and what drives him to suit up as a superhero.

The director's feeling the pressure to succeed. "It's an awesome responsibility," Nolan says, "because the fan base for Batman is extraordinary, and there's a lot of emotional investment in the character."

Chicago To Become Gotham:

(This article that I read with a similar title to the one above, had news that had nothing to do with the title. Strange.)

Here's a sample of an interview with Michael Caine from 15 Minutes Magazine -

Is it true you're in the new Christian Bale-Batman film?
Yes, I'm Alfred, Batman's butler and guardian and the film is being done by British director Christopher Nolan who did Memento. That's an incredible choice because instead of playing it safe with a run of the mill, plodding director as they usually do, they've gone for experimental. I think he'll make a great picture.

Isn't Batman a bit old hat now?
This one is different, less comic-booky, and it starts with Batman as a baby. I am not a guy who just runs around with cups and saucers. The movie will all be shot in England in a huge Zepplin hangar in Hertfordshire, with some days in Chicago which will double for Gotham.

Neesan in Batman?:

Liam Neesan is rumoured that he may be involved in Christopher Nolan's Batman.

(Sorry that was such a short note. The article goes on to brief Liam's filmography, which I didn't think was vital to post here.)

DISCLAIMER: As always, I get my news from SuperHeroHype.com, so I own none of these quotes from their Bat-Media Articles.

BOPRecruit 16

Batman_Beyond
does anybody know what the new bat suit willl be like?

Herr Logan
Liam Neeson will probably be cast as Dr. Jonathan Crane. I heard a few years ago he was being considered for the Scarecrow if they used that character in a fifth Batman movie.

BOPRecruit 16
batman beyond: check one of my posts a few back, i think there was some news covering the bat suit.

herr logan: since i don't know what scarecrow is like when human, i can't say who would or wouldn't be good for that role.

Herr Logan
BOP: Have you seen "The Haunting?" Or it could be called "House on Haunted Hill," I forget. Anyway, Neeson played a scientist studying the effects of superstition, local myths, and fear on people he paid to sleep in this haunted house. Unethical though he was, he wasn't a psychopath like Johnny Crane, so it would be different. But he could definitely do it, I'm sure of it. Also, just look at "Darkman." He can play a vengeful bastard out to right wrongs done against him. He's got my vote.

BOPRecruit 16
yes, i have seen both of those movies that you mentioned. but still, i can't really picture him a villain or psycho of any sort. he has more of a gentle and kind quality/aire to him than crazy and vengeful.

Herr Logan
Wouldn't that make it even more scary if he became those things? As an actor, I believe Neeson could do a great job. The only problem is, he's a scrawny, gaunt person. They will have to leave out the whole physical quality of the Scarecrow, which was pretty much inevitable. Physically speaking, for this role I would have chosen Anthony Perkins (Psycho)--who's dead-- or Tom Petty--who is not only not an actor, but he might be TOO scary as the Scarecrow. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BOPRecruit 16
if he hasn't played a villain before, than i would still say no. it wouldn't fit his persona and could get messed up. i don't have anything against neesan, maybe just him as that character... tom petty is scary to you? laughing

Larry Holden Reteam for Batman?:

A new rumour has gone up at SHH that Larry Holden may reteam up with Christopher Nolan to work on or act in the new Batman movie...

I just saw an interview with Larry Holden (known from Memento and Insomnia) on norwegian television and he said he was offered a part in the new Batman movie. He didn't say who he was gonna play, but he said it was very secretive and that he had to fly to London just to read the script.

(Now this bit of news sounds like a rumour. I really doubt this is true, from someone saying they saw this on tv doesn't seem believeable...)

DISCLAIMER: As always, I get my news from SuperHeroHype.com, so I own none of these quotes from their Bat-Media Articles.

Herr Logan
Neesan was going to be R'as Al Ghul (which I thought was crap), and then I heard he would be this Ducard fellow, who is supposed to be R'as' star pupil. Ducard will either be Bruce's immediate mentor or rival under the Demon Head's mentorship.

BOPRecruit 16
Neesan & Freeman Confirmed!:

Freeman will play Lucius Fox, a respected businessman and the CEO of billionaire Bruce Wayne's mega-conglom, based in Gotham City. Liam Neeson plays the villain, Ra's Al Ghul, a wealthy international terrorist.

Christian Bale stars as the Caped Crusader in the Christopher Nolan-helmed project which will start shooting March 16 in London. Also cast are Michael Caine (as butler Alfred), Cillian Murphy and Katie Holmes.

Possible New Location & Scene Spoiler:

ic Thewarf mentions that Cillian Murphy may play the role of Crane/Scarcrow. Also, they go on to mention a possible scene spoiler that will take place in a British wharf restaurant...

BATMAN is headed for Canary Wharf as the caped crusader goes British.

Wharf restaurant Plateau has a table booked for Batman's alter-ego Bruce Wayne, played by American Psycho's Christian Bale.

Warner Brothers is in talks to hire the Canada-Square restaurant over a weekend in March or April - transforming it for a hotel restaurant scene starring Bale and love interest, Dawson's Creek star Katie Holmes.

An insider said: "Staff at the restaurant can't stop talking about Batman - it's really exciting."

Change in Neesan's Role:

Although Variety reported that Liam Neesan is going to play Ra's Al Gul, but the trade has recently issued a correction that states him playing the role of Henri Ducard. Ducard is Bruce Wayne's mentor in the film. With this new report, it's hard to say what's going to happen with the villans. All we know is that Cillian Murphy is a villan.

Watanbe in Batman?:

Batman in Film says that Ken Watanbe might play a major role and Larry Holden might be starring as Dent...

According to a new BOF scooper, actor Ken Watanabe (THE LAST SAMURAI) will soon be announced as a member of the BATMAN cast. And it is a major character--one that I won't reveal right now. This same source has revealed to BOF that a young Harvey Dent is indeed in the script as speculated. BOF has long reported that Dent may be in the script. So, who is playing him? Well, if the guy they wants takes the gig, at least he's worked with Nolan before.

The site has sent a possible description of Batman's suit...

It is made of silicone and a material similar to the "Spider-Man" costume. It has a armored look to it around the chest area. There is no yellow oval--the Bat symbol is like it is in the current comics. It may be part of the chest armor. The suit is dark, but not totally black. From the description that I got, it's dark gray. The cape, cowl, boots, and gloves are black. I've heard two descriptions for the ears. One report said that they are shorter than they were in the previous films. Someone else told me that they are "Kane-style;" based on the orginal look of Batman back from 1939. I've also heard two reports on the eyes. I've heard it had lenses, and I've heard it didn't. I'm sure that costuming experienced with both. The utility belt will have pockets, but with a sleek look to it (nothing like what Adam West wore).

BOPRecruit 16

yeah, neesan in the role of ducard sounds alot more apeeling than him as R'as Al Ghul. plus, he'd fit the role better than a villian like ra.

Herr Logan
How old is Neesan? I don't think he's right for either of those roles. Ducard is supposed to be an ass-kicking machine not too different from Bruce Wayne in ability, and I only remember him doing an extremely physical role in "Darkman." I still contend that he should be Jonathan Crane.

punkyhermy
WOWOW!I'M SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!I can't believe Bruce will be out in limelight for once!!!!OOOHHH I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF!!!it looks like it's gonna be good,real good!!hope we're not disapointed!

BOPRecruit 16
More Batman Crew & Hangar:

Here's the rundown on how's working on Nolan's Batman movie...

-Peter Francis (Hellboy, Harry Potter) - Art Director
-Steven Lawrence (Titanic, Harry Potter) - Art Director
-Stuart Kearns (Hellboy, Die Another Day) - Art Director
-James Hambidge (Hellboy, Die Another Day) - Art Director (Models)
-Susan Whitaker (Tomb Raider 1 and 2, Die Another Day) - Assistant Art Director
-Simon Lamont (Hellboy, Die Another Day) - Supervising Art Director
-Sarah Robinson (Around the World in 80 Days, Die Another Day) - Art Department Coordinater
-Guy Bradley (Hellboy, Tomb Raider 2) - Senior Draughtsman
-Toby Britton (Hellboy, Die Another Day) - Draughtsman
-Jordan A.Crockett (Harry Potter 2, 3, 4) - Draughtsman
-Remo Tozzi (Hellboy, Below) - Draughtsman
-Charles Leatherland (Thunderbirds, Johny English) - Draushtsperson
-Martin Asbury (Troy, Resident Evil) - Storyboard Artist
-Larry Frankau - Line Producer
-Nigel Gostelow (Alexander the Great, Agent Cody Banks 2) - Unit Production Manager
-Chris Holt - Location Manager (Bedford)
-Neil Chaplin (Around the World in 80 Days) - Production Accoutant
-Kelly Johnson (Troy, Die Another Day) - Production Accountant
-Karen Alder (Alexander, Die Another Day) - Production Accountant

Cardigan Hangar -

BBC News reports that the Cardigan Hangar will be rented by Warner Bros. for the next two years. The Hangar can be seen for miles around and is not far from London's Shepperton Studios were most shooting takes place. The set will take three months to built and complete since filming is to start there in April.

Watanbe Confirms Possible Role:

Ken Watanbe (The Last Samurai) revealed that Nolan has him up for one of two roles in the Batman film. One of them being a major villian.

More Production Details:

Cinescape has received news from a trust worthy source for the casting of Gordon...

Dennis Quaid is "close" to being signed for the part of Jim Gordon, the Gotham City beat cop that will one day become police Commissioner. Gordon has an important role to play in the picture. One might even say that fate will deal him -- and subsequently the Dark Knight -- a card that sets the course for their future and that of Gotham City.

Bale Talks Batman!:

Here's a clip of Christian Bale's interview with the german magazine Bunte on why he took on the role of Batman...

"I think Batman is probably more aggresive than most everybody I've ever played, you know. I wanted to take it, because, firstly, when I heard that there was a consideration of doing more of the movies, I just felt like I hadn't been quite satisfied with what I'd seen in the other movies. Certainly in the last two. And it seemed as though there was actually a real character here, that it wasn't just a bland kind of superhero, one-dimensional. With him there really was an interesting character to be played. I loved the kind of fantastical notion of the superhero, but at the same time being able to bring a psychologically interesting element to that. And then Chris Nolan is directing who, you know, is not a director I would have expected to do this movie. So that was ideal to me, I liked the fact that the people hiring Chris, hiring myself, were going with people who did want to reinvent the story and have it not just be a continuation."

If you would like to see a clip of this interview or read more of the interview, go to the links at SHH in that article that I got this bit of news from. link: Bat-Media & Full Length Interview

Watanbe As Ra's Al Ghul & No Mortensen!:

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Ken Watanbe will indeed play the villianous Ra's Al Ghul.

Here's a list of the cast thus far -

Christian Bale - Bruce Wayne/Batman
Michael Cane - Alfred
Katie Holmes - (as a childhood friend of Wayne's)
Liam Neesan - Henri Ducard
Morgan Freeman - Lucius Fox

Mortensen Rejects Batman -

Viggo Mortensen wasn't the one who announced his part take in the new Batman film, but it was Cain in an interview with SciFi Wire. Although it sounds like Nolan was eyeing Mortensen for a role, the actor says he was never involved with the project. Plus, he's too busy promoting his new upcoming movie, Hidalgo. (That's what he told Zap2it.com.) <<*cries* I'm so disappointed and a bit unhappy that Viggo didn't want to be in Batman nor is going to be in it. Like I said before, I was really, really looking forward to seeing him play a villian and be in a Batman movie (or at least some superhero movie. Maybe in the near future I hope?). Just for the sake of complaining and sulking, I don't see what's so great about Hidalgo. Sorry.>>

Bale Training on Set & Casting Calls:

An SHH reporter named Robert has reported this...

According to two articles (see here and here) in the Icelandic press Bale is keen to stay bulk. I e-mailed one of the journalist from there and they summarized/translated:

Basically it tells that Christian Bale will arrive in Iceland for some shooting soon an has demanded a first class bodybuilding centre on set. Then we mention that Michael Caine is a good friend of the (Icelandic) president and his wife and will surely visit the president if he has to take part in the shooting in Iceland. However there is nothing that points to his(Caine) presence here being neccessary.

CASTING CALLS:
The Casting Collective Ltd. has casting calls,which looks like it's for Batman. Go to CastingCollective.co.uk and click on 'Artistes' and then on 'Casting Now':

12-02-2004
We are urgently looking for men in good shape that excel at any Martial Art. Please note,this for background work. Good rates of pay. Please send a recent photo and contact details to our office address or email [email protected] or call Rob on 020 8962 0099

15-01-04
We are urgently looking for Tibetan men and women of all ages (Himalayan, Nepalese, Bhutanese or similar looking) for filming on a big Feature Film about to start shooting. Those successful will need a passport and be available for filming abroad for about a week in Feb. Good rates of pay. For more details please contact [email protected] or call Rob on 020 8962 0099

Filming on Batman is scheduled to start on March 16 in London.

<<Let me know if you are interested in having me post the links that are in the first and second paragraph of this article.>>

Official Press Release On Watanbe:

This article just confirms Ken Watanbe's role, cast, and crew. Nothing new here, really. Here's a minor interesting detail...

The film, which explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham, will be released worldwide in 2005 by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

BATMAN: THE INTIMIDATION GAME IN 2005...ABOUT 492 MORE DAYS UNTIL RELEASE!

ash007
indeed Bale will a great Batman

Watanbe will be good Ra's Al Ghul he has the smae insane look in his eyes as Ra does.

Reallu upset that Viggo didn't wanta part in the Batman film
sad he would have been great

BOPRecruit 16
i know! he's got the stamina for the action stunts and the voice! eek! sad

steely balls
the new batman movies' official title is BATMAN BEGINS.

Herr Logan
Not unless they changed it in the last couple of days, Steely. The working title up 'til now has been either "Batman: Intimidation Game" or "Batman: Intimidation." Where and when did you hear about this other title?

steely balls
no i wasn't making that up it was official form WB, go to cinescape.com and i they never said intimidation game was the official name for batman, i guess it was code untill they actually find the name.

steely balls
or go to to superherohype to find out, people tend to trust them more

BOPRecruit 16
steely balls: that title sounds so damn retarded, batman begins. batman indimidation sounds hella sick! i get my news from superherohype, and yes i believe them more over than what you're telling us here.

Ahnold
I've been to www.empireonline.co.uk - steely is indeed correct. "Batman Begins" is the new proposed title. To be honest, I'm relieved. "Batman: Intimidation"? Hell no

steely balls
when i want to say something i don't say it unless i know the truth. i hate when people call me retarded when i told them to go to a freakin sight to check out the OFFICIAL NEWS. thank you ahnold for putting up a link for the lazy people, just kiddin every one i'm not angry but think before you call me stupid because i'll get pissed and waste everybodies time bitchin.

Herr Logan
I never called you retarded, steely, and neither did BOP. She called the title retarded. I haven't called you stupid, either-- at least recently, I don't remember earlier than that. It's just that I've been keeing up with news on this movie and it's been called "Batman: Intimidation (Game)" for months. My post isn't based on whether the title is "hella sick" or not.
I saw the site, and if those damn Brits are to be believed, the title has just been changed in the public's knowlege. If this is legit, you were right. "Intimidation Game" was an alias for the real title.
I suppose I'm fine with this title. I think "Intimidation Game" sounds idiotic, and "Intimidation" isn't the right title for this movie.

steely balls
i think people thought i made it up off the top of my head, calling the name retarded felt like they were calling me retarded. but batman begins is the title warner brothers said it them selves.

Brosnan
The new film will hopefully be better then Batman Returns and Batman and Robin. I see no problem of this being the best bat film.

Jedi Shmedi
Just got finished reading an article at superherohype.com and the new Batman movie is not going to be called "Batman: Intimidation game".

That was just a pre-production name they used.

The movie is supposedly going to be called "Batman Begins."

sounds okay to me, cosidering that is what the movie is about.

muntox
to the person who said they don't know how xian bale will do as batman BUT he makes a fine disturbed rich boy (in American Psycho): sounds like a perfect bruce wayne to me!
on a general note, i find it interesting they're taking the Year One line over the Dark Knight Returns line they also considered a few years back (considering mel gibson for the title part!)... i thought the original burton Batman was more or less dealing with that, although it did more resemble the original 1939 comics intro than miller's y1.

ash007
the new film will be much Darker

it wont be colourfull it be more dark and grey

just like Daredevil but hundred times better

The Batman
I don't see how they would have actually tried to make a "Batman: Return of the Dark Knight" movie. That would have been too confusing for the general audience, and it wouldn't have been as marketable for comic book tie-ins. Don't get me wrong, I think Frank Miller is a brilliant creator and that book is one of the most important comic book works at the end of the Silver Age of comics. However, Warner Brothers loves them something they can cross-market, and Frank Miller was also behind "Batman: Year One," which is much more easy to fit into normal Batman continuity.

They'd better make this movie better than "Daredevil." "Daredevil" was a piece of crap. I'm immeasurably pissed off at the delay in the release of the director's cut DVD, and I'm hoping that the full version of the movie actually counts as a full movie, unlike the truncated, badly cut piece of trash they showed in the theater and on the DVD they released.

I certainly don't want an overly colorful Batman movie; not like the campy, neon brightness of the last two films. I've heard that the Batman's colors will be as they are in the comics. A dark gray bodysuit (armored, of course) with black boots, gloves,. cape and cowl. This pleases me, but I'm not certain as to whether they will add the yellow insignia oval or if the utility belt will be gold or not. I hope he belt is at least similar in appearance to the one in the comics, but I can go either way on the chest emblem. It would just be really cool to see a Batman on the big screen that really look like the comic book character.

steely balls
If anybody wants to know the synopsis of the movie go to superherohype.

Alvarado
What's this thread about? sad

steely balls
Gary Oldman will play James Gordon, i think thats a good idea. It fits him and his acting style

The Batman
I'm not sure I agree with that. He's best when used as a villain.

Is this confirmed?

steely balls
yep, i agree but he's a very diverse actor, he has broad range which very much appeals to me.

steely balls
It is confirmed by Warner Brothers

Fallen Jedi
wow, i've never posted here in my life...

BOPRecruit 16

neo2
As of now, the official site is up. It is only one page with the official Batman Begins logo. The URL is http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

ash007
man that looks really good

mmm i wonder when people are going to start coming onto this thread

neo2
maybe somone should start a new thread, maybe

VENOMfan
well im sure its been posted before, but can some one describe the villian(s) who are going to be in it?

punkyhermy
hhhmm i'm here
i'm a recent batman fan but yeah i wan't the movie out too..u know, it kinda makes me nervous to think about how would i react if chrisian does his part really well.i'm used to the animated batsy...and welll i dig him!and like kevin conroy said once "maybe batman is not supposed to be an action film"i sort of want to be disapointed with the next fil.it'll make me like the animated one even more....
i know it doesn't make sense...

Batman_Beyond
it does..... kinda

Ahnold
Erm, hello? Is no one gonna mention the picture of the batmobile up at the official site? And I thought this was an up-to-date place...

In a nutshell, I have my doubts about it. It's certainly more realistic in terms of design than the batmobile from films one through four - but I just dunno...

punkyhermy
whaaaaaaaaaaa....lemme dcheck it out!

punkyhermy
ummm....what can i say?!
...is that supposed to be the BATMOBILE?!
Geez...well.i don't like it one bit.....the car is supposed to be classy,HELLO!!!!!!
and finally,this frum was DEAD!!!!!!!where is everybody?!

steely balls
the new batmobile

MaverickIce
Yeah and the tank:

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/5BAS0004.jpg

ash007
Hey guys have u seen the new pics of Bruce Wayne they look great

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news2/news1027.htm

BOPRecruit 16
Another Filming Location

On Saturday, an anonymous source has reported...

I can confirm that Warner were filming Batman outside City Point London EC1, opp Moorgate station on the 3rd and 4th of April. Shooting was carried out at night and the Brewery (the old Whitbread brewery, now a venue) in Chiswell street was used for makeup and catering.

Martial Artist in the Midst?

Here's a possible spoiler from Lelyand Today...

A Leyland martial arts expert turned movie star is set to appear on the silver screen after filming the new Batman movie.

Mark Strange, who has been practicing martial arts for 20 years, has spent the last few weeks working on the new Batman Begins film at Shepperton Studios in Middlesex, taking the role of a Shadow Fighter.

He said: "Working on the Batman film was a great experience and I made plenty of great contacts while I was working. I was in the role of a Shadow Warrior, part of an elite team sent to combat Batman, who is played by Christian Bale."

Caine Steals the Show?

Skip the part about Caine stealing the show to the best part of this article about the military connection....

My reliable sources here in the UK have some good dirt on BATMAN BEGINS! Concerning the Bat-suit:

Apparently this suit will be an adaptation of a military power suit that Wayne Enterprises is developing. Basically Mr.Wayne nicks one and does his thing!!

David Goyer's script has really helped unmask some of the unknowns regarding Bats - "where does he get those wonderful toys?" Answer - Wayne Enterprises and its military assignments.

I've also heard there maybe references to Luthorcorp due to the military links!!

Disclaimer: All of the clips of news that I post here, come directly from Superherohype.com.

BOPRecruit 16
First Pix of Bale on Movie's Set!

(Sunday, April 4th) The Z Review has reported that filming took place in a restaurant in Canary Wharf. Click here to view the images: The Z Review

Also, 'Robert' saw at the Chicago Sun-Times that Michael Caine stars working on Batman Begins at the end of this month (April) after he's finished filming "The Weather Man" with Nicolas Cage

Movie Release Date Set

Warner Bros. has set Batman Begins for a June 17, 2005 release date.

Hauer on his Cameo

Dutch actor Rutger Hauer has posted a great description on his official website of what filming his cameo for Batman Begins has been like in London. He plays Mr. Earle, a business contemporary of Bruce Wayne's murdered father who has designs on the Wayne corporate empire.

The cameo has a good solid structure but lacks character and I was able to drift to a horizon I saw in the back of my head because the director pushed me to explore and go there. Which is always exciting & scary. Exciting because you are allowd to go there and scary because your are not that secure. I found the "key" to my position/part at the end of the second day. That is so great as well. It's one of the things I enjoy with vigour. "The key" is all you need, after that it is about balance and refinement. Big,sensational grand sets. Moody, art deco, impressive.

Art department worked miracles for the great visual richness. Had some smirkyness going with Christian Bale. We have one big problem that occurs. Noise. It interferes. It seems to be coming from a natural cause and I'm not talking about rain/hail/or broken limbs. We are inside. On the studio sound stage in Shepperton. It's a beautiful day outside. About to become spring here. That's what it is. We'd try shooting with the noise but the sound department has problems. It's too loud. Seems to come from high up somewhere. Stage-hands climb up to the ceiling, between cables, lights and set-pieces. I turns out that way above us, under the same roof, pigeons are having a little foreplay. This can stretch into days as thousands of dollars keep "flying" away. One of the boys figures that a blast of the loud heaters may bring a momentary halt in "loverslane". At least long enough to get a few takes! We try and finally we get what we need in the can. The pigeons may have heard the producers prayers.

Bale Talks Batz

Check out the interview from a May Issue of the magazine...Empire Online - Caped Crusader

Filming at Hatfield House...Wayne Manor?

'Batman Begins' is currently being filmed at Hatfield House / Hatfield Park in Hertfordshire, England. This is a (very) large old English manor house, set in huge grounds with woods surrounding. Michael Caine is one of the actors filming here, and rumour has it the Batmobile is going to make an appearance too.

Coincidentally, The Libertine is also being filmed here as we speak (for a few days), with John Malkovich and Johnny Depp.

Visit the site for Hatfield House: Hatfield House - Images

Batman Begins Sequel?

Batman-on-Film has received word that Warner Bros. is already targeting a summer 2008 release date for the sequel to Batman Begins. They also heard more filming location news...

Tilbury Fort in Essex is being used for filming the Bat-Cave and the airship hangar at Cardington in Bedfordshire is being used for the Gotham City filming. These are the airship hangars where the R100 and the R101 flew from in the 1930's.

Wilkinson and Hauer Confirmed

(March 25, 2004/Thursday) The Hollywood Reporter have said...

Wilkinson plays Falcone, one of the leading crime figures in Gotham City, while Hauer portrays Earle, a business contemporary of Bruce Wayne's murdered father who has designs on the Wayne corporate empire.

Michael Caine stars as Wayne's trusted butler, Alfred; Katie Holmes as a childhood friend of Wayne's; Liam Neeson as Wayne's mentor, Henri Ducard; Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, a former board member and sidelined employee of Wayne Enterprises; Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon; and Ken Watanabe as the villainous Ra's Al Ghul.

Movie Updates

(March 23, 2004/Tuesday) Batman-on-Film has a brief description of the mask that will be worn briefly by Cillian Murphy as Jonathan Crane in Batman Begins. Spoilers ahead!

The Scarecrow will appear in FULL costume during a hallucination towards the end -- Arkham perhaps. Also got to see a pic of the actual mask--let me say this thing is f'ing disturbing; really, this thing will scare the s##t out of you. It's a very dark drown, it had no hat and no hat will be with the sack. The eye holes were scary to look at with no eyes, so what they will look like with eyes is anyone's guess.

Meanwhile, the Chicago Tribune reports that filming in Chicago will take place for six weeks starting in July.

Script Reviews for Batman Begins and Superman

Reliable Superhero Hype! scooper 'Enigma' has now had a chance to take a peek at the latest drafts of both scripts for Warner Bros.' Batman Begins and Superman. He described to us some of the highlights of each - with an emphasis on the Batman film - which we're going to run through for you while keeping the spoilers to a very minimum.

Cutting right to it, David Goyer's Batman Begins script gets a big thumbs up, the J.J. Abrams' Superman script doesn't really. Both of the films will be changing the origins of the character, but the Batman origin will be more in line with what was written in the comics before. It is very conscience of staying true to the Batman character.

With Superman, it apparently gets too formulaic trying to connect things. For example, the Smallville story keeps you intriqued, but the new Supes film's story does not. With Batman you want to go deeper into his journey to see what's next.

Our source says that Goyer makes it feel like a Batman movie at all times through locations, etc. Even scenes where Batman is not present, it still feels like a Batman film. It also has a lot of "Batman: Year One" in it (in a positive way), which probably explains why the studio didn't go for a separate "Year One" film.

'Enigma' adds that all the characters are excellent in Batman Begins. There's 3 villains (Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, mob boss Falcone) in the movie, but it never feels cluttered. We're told that the Batmobile scene is simply amazing and that it's hard to believe they won't be using CGI for it, considering what all the vehicle does.

The source also says that Batman appears in the movie about as much time as the Hulk did in last summer's adaptation, though the time he'll be on-screen will be "awesome".

Some favorite scenes and more details? Turn back now if you're trying to avoid big spoilers!...

The Batman vs. Scarecrow confrontation is supposed to be spectacular. And the best scene in Superman, where he rescues Lois Lane from a plane crash, will probably be stunning.

Also Ra's Al Ghul, played by Ken Watanabe, doesn't speak a word of English in the script. He instead has a translator who does that for him. And the Batmobile in the film will be referred to as the "Tumbler," it is designed by Wayne Enterprises for the military.

Disclaimer: All of the clips of news that I post here, come directly from Superherohype.com.

ash007
indeed most intresting

BOPRecruit 16
to everyone who reads the news that i post here, please forgive me for taking so long upon udating the thread's news. at first, when i got behind with the latest clips, i thought screw this since i'm behind anyways. but i thought i'd come back to this place since more interesting things about the movie have come up and to keep this thread alive.

BOPRecruit 16
More Set Images

(April 26, 2004/Monday) Here are some pictures that were taken near the set around Birkheck University of London of cop cars and yellow cabs with the Gotham insignia on them: operon's live journal

Mill Hill Set Pictures!

(April 23, 2004/Friday) Check out this link that will send you to an article at Superherohype.com that is providing wonderful set images of Arkham Asylum!: Mill Hill > Arkham Asylum

Bale Interviewed About Movie

(April 23, 2004/Friday) Film Rotation has recently caught an interview on British TV that was interviewing Christian Bale about Batman Begins: Film Rotation > Quick Batman Begins Snippet!

BOPRecruit 16
Recent Filming Location

(April 22, 2004/Thursday) Tonight, Batman Begins will be filming at University College London. Here are two scoops from different sources...

Filming for Batman Begins is taking place Thursday night (April 22nd) at University College London on Malet Place and University Street WC1.

Batman is filming tonight, 22nd April, at University College London... They're setting it up as I write. The Science Library is 'Gotham Press', the Biosciences Building is 'Gotham Police Department - 37th Precinct' and there are cop cars, taxis, red american fire hydrants, NY phone booths, newspaper stands and street signs all down the street...

Hauer Talks Batman

Here's what Rutger Hauer had to say upon meeting his fellow Batman Begins stars...

I was going to work today with Morgan Freeman who I think is one of the best colleagues to have, ever. Never met him. So the moment he arrived I grabbed and hugged him telling him what a pleasure I thought it was. He agreed. I had met Liam Neeson earlier on the day I had arrived a few weeks ago just before going into my first meeting with the director and getting the part. As I walked through the hotel corridor I literally bumped into him as he came out the door .I said, 'Hi Liam. Nice to meet you'. He said' yes, same here'. And I said we may be working together. He said. Great. Nice. Lovely.

He had just come back from Iceland and told me the director was wonderful. After Morgan and I rehearsed we did our little scene with smile behind teeth and eyes. Short and sweet but with many different angles. nI am still on the look-out for Gary Oldman. Never met him either. Just good to say hello.

Michael Caine knocked on the door of my trailer and stepped in. We embraced furiously and he was just as happy to see me as I was to see him. We worked in Kenya in pffft '75. What a nice man he is. Told him I was happy for him in the gem of a role he's playing. So it was a great heart warming day.

Facing Animal Rights Activists?

(April 21, 2004/Wednesday) The Edgeware & Mill Hill Times reports about movie production heading for the National Institute for Medical Research...

It was finally confirmed this week that director Christopher Nolan will be bringing a star-studded cast to the National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) in Mill Hill to film part of the Hollywood blockbuster Batman Begins.

But film company Warner Bros is already in talks with Barnet police to establish what security arrangements can be made when filming begins at the institute, which uses animals for research into diseases such as malaria and tuberculosis.

Amid threats of protests by the Mill Hill Anti-Vivisection Alliance, Warner has made staff at the NIMR sign a confidentiality agreement to keep the date of the filming under wraps.

If you would like to see images and the offical sites of this location, check out this site (go to SHH article and click on the links at end): MRC

punkyhermy
hey did you guys see the batman costume.
it looks cool!
atleast his face doesnt look small from below his nose!
but it was sort of seloweted thats why i coudnt see his pic!
but other wise the costume looks pretty good!

BOPRecruit 16
i agree, the costume does look hella sick. the costume isn't so plasticy like the previous bat movies and also most of the suit and esp. the cape looks like actual cloth. now that's more like it! ^.^ i'm already impressed and can't wait to see!

punkyhermy
i hope katie does a good job, i had enough of batman bimboes!

BOPRecruit 16
indeed. i had my doubts when i heard that katie holmes was going to be in it...well, good luck to her!

ash007
well i think it still should have been someone a bit muture it seems to me that Kate Holmes is a bit young for the part.

vegas007
does anyone know how to get the batman begin script off the internet

punkyhermy
truth be told, i had nevr heard of this Holmes till Batman begins...soo

BOPRecruit 16
i think that katie holmes is too sugary sweet looking for the role and i'm not sure if she's a quality actress for all the rest of the cast are heavy hitters.

ash007
Yeah good old Kate stared in Dawson creek

BOPRecruit 16
i've seen episodes of dawson's creek, but i don't think she's cut out for an action movie like this.

ash007
indeed i agree i still think she is to young to play the part of Batmans love intrest

Swordfish2k0
I read the Batman script on Moviespoilers.net and its awesome! They also have some pics there too...!
http://www.moviespoilers.net/batman.html

BOPRecruit 16
how old is bale anyways?

Asian Hulk
FROM ADAM WEST TO CHRISTIAN BALE AS BRUCE WAYNE a.k.a BATMAN
Adam West is one of the 1960 TV Series"Batman".

ADAM WEST AS BATMAN

Asian Hulk
But in his Batman movie.Michael Keaton will portraying his role as Bruce Wayne in his movies"Batman"and"Batman Returns".

MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN

Asian Hulk
But Val Kilmer will portraying his role as muliti millionaire Bruce Wayne in "Batman Forever".

VAL KILMER AS BATMAN

Asian Hulk
George Clooney played as the multi-millionaire Bruce Wayne in"Batman and Robin"movie.

GEORGE CLOONEY AS BATMAN

Asian Hulk
Ladies and Genetlemen.At last to Christian Bale will portraying his role as Bruce Wayne in his fifth Batmovie"Batman Begins"

CHRISTIAN BALE AS BATMAN

the liquid
the new batman looks cool

punkyhermy
way cool! but still! it should and could have been better!

fardawg80
I just sent this to AICN.

There are new pics of Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman at the official Batman begins site. Just float over different areas of the Bat symbol on the front page. Some of the pics are around and not on the symbol.

punkyhermy
yeah i know
Gary Oldman IS Jim Gordon. I was simply stunned. I know he's be just PERFECT.

Jedi Shmedi
Sigh. They did what I hoped they would not do. They made the suit look like armor. I just prey to God it's not made out of rubber. Please make it something more flexible! How retarded did Keatin, Kilmer, and Clooney (weird) look while kicking somebody? They had to bend back because they couldn't move! Not to mention how that damn rubber effected the little things. Watch the old movies and look when Batman needs to turn his head. He freakin can't! He has to shift his entire upperbody to look in a different direction! Like he's wearing a neck brace and can't turn his head!

Alas, not all hope is lost. I still have high hopes and expectations for Batman Begins. Rubber or not, I'm sure it will kick-a$$.

punkyhermy
aaawwww man! i know what you are saying! i don't understand, WHY!OH WHY!!!DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE THE SUIT THAT WAY?!!!!DO THEY NOT COMPREHEND?!!!!BATMAN DOES NOT WEAR A RUBBERSUIT!!!!BATMAN IS LITHE AND FLEXIBLE AND GRACEFUL!!!!HE DOES NOT WEAR AN ARMOR!!!!HE GET'S SHOT AND IT HITS HIM!HE BLEEDS!!!IT IS ALSO SAID THAT ALFRED ALWAYS ASKS HIM TO WAER AN ARMOUR UNDERNEATH HIS SUIT AND HE DOES NOT!!!!!
his suit is made of some cloth material like supermans....OH DEAR THIS IS SOO EXASPERATING!!!

Batfreak1
I am sorry to say I love Batman and all but I don't know about this new movie coming out the first two batmans that came out were the best of all time I am going to see it when it comes out but I need some other opnions about the new movie.

mr.marvel
i feel somewhat out of place here in the d.c universe but i have much respect for the bat.any way , i read in wizard that the two villians are ra's al ghul and scare crow

BOPRecruit 16
SuperHeroHype.com > Batman Hype!: Pix of Caine, Freeman, Oldman, & Neeson in Batman Begins

(Pictures of Katie Holmes' character and the villians played by Cillian Murphy and Ken Watanbe remain to be seen.)

BOPRecruit 16
Casting Calls for Extras in Chicago (Wednesday/July 7, 2004)

'John' pointed us to the City of Chicago Film Office which has posted an update on the Batman Begins extras casting call.

The Intimidation Game
Warner Bros.

Feature film starring Christian Bale and Michael Caine will be filming in Chicago from July 31st through August 21st.

Extras Casting Call:
Please call the Casting Hotline for complete details at 312-427-FILM
Saturday, July 10th from 11 am to 4 pm
1401 N. Cicero
Please bring a color photo and a pen

Stay tuned for more on the filming in the city.

Teaser Trailer Release Date (Monday/July 5, 2004)

Cinescape has learned that the first teaser trailer for Warner Bros.' Batman Begins will play in theaters with Will Smith's "I, Robot"...

We have seen the evidence ourselves that Warner Bros. has struck a deal with 20th Century Fox to ship the trailer for BATMAN BEGINS with prints of Fox's I, ROBOT to theaters across the continent. I, ROBOT will begin its theatrical run on July 16, and that will also be the same day that the trailer for BATMAN BEGINS will be seen. We have also been able to confirm the running time of the BATMAN trailer: it's one minute, five second in length.

Since "I, Robot" is not a Warner Bros. film, we don't expect the teaser trailer to be "attached," or playing with every copy of "I, Robot". Make sure you call the theater ahead of time to see if they will be showing the clip with their copy or copies.

Thanks to 'Chris A' for the heads up.

punkyhermy
yyyyeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!i'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

vvvrulz
I remember being excited when hearing the details of 'Batman Forever' before it was released, and im sure we all remember what a bomb that was. Hence im not jumping up and down, not until i see it for myself. The Batman franchise has to win back my faith.

moonwalker741
i heard scare crow will be in the movie? and this is supposed to be him..

http://www.creativemovies.homestead.com/batmangangster.jpg

BOPRecruit 16
is that cillian murphy in the pic with christian bale as batman?

chrissyg
who r the villains gonna be in batman 5,is there gonna be 2 like every other movie or just 1?

BOPRecruit 16
it sounds like that there is going to be about two. cillian murphy as scarecrow and ken watanbe as ra al's ghul.

chrissyg
whos this ra al's ghul can u put a pic of the cartoon or comic version of him here?

Jedi Shmedi
Well, I have no pics to post but I can help you out a bit. It's pronounced "Ray-shal-gool".

BOPRecruit 16
Here are some sites that provide images and information about the character you requested, Ra Al's Ghul. These are mostly from the animated series that used to aire on Cartoon Network (during the '90s):

http://www.villainousvamps.com/gothamcastingbanner.jpg

Gotham City Casting Call - Look under "Batman Villains (Male)"

Generic Template - Look under "Villains" - Click the third one in the top row, near top of page!

http://www.fi-donc.nl/artwork/wb/sc1031.jpg

(he's the fourth one from the left, to his right is his daughter)

BOPRecruit 16
Sequel Talk

(Sunday/July 11, 2004) Though it is a bit early to put much into this, Moviehole chatted with actor Lachy Hulme who says his name is being tossed around for a young Joker in the Batman Begins sequel.

Lachy would love to play the role, but stresses that he hasn't been made an offer yet. "I got the heads up from my LA manager that WB have been kicking my pitiful name around for the Joker role in the Begins sequel. It is a role that I would desperately love, but it's way too early for internet rumours to be flying", he says.

Meanwhile, the official UK website has opened, but it's the same material as the US one. Also, 'Frank sent in this report from the Chicago casting call, along with pictures...

As soon as we got there we were handed a form to fill out with the following questions;

Are you a great driver? Are you able to work for 3 nights in a row? If you are using your car can you work for 19 nights in a row? Age, height, shoe size, shirt size, special skills, hobbies. Nationality and occupation were also questions. Under special skills I just put whatever I thought would get me in to get my ass kicked by batman like martial arts and skilled at falling down stairs.

The shifts are 12 hours a day according to the casting crew I talked to. But they told me specifically because I was worried my work hours would interfere that they'll call and ask if you can work on the days and if you can't several in a row it probably won't be that big a deal.

Included are some pictures...some may be blurry, but just so everyone can see as I was surprised there were no expensive detailed batman logos up or anything really indicating what the movie was about probably to keep comic book geeks like me who would get distracted by the set if we were actually to be hired. The pictures are of the application, the warehouse, the line we stood in, some crew and the exit sign leading us out. They mentioned a fee of what I heard as 55 dollars a day and overtime for over 8 hours.

(For Images of the Casting Call, see this SHH article that this "Sequel Talk" info. came from: http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=1711)

Disclaimer: This Article originated from Supherherohype.com!

BOPRecruit 16

BOPRecruit 16
Teaser Trailer Description?

(Monday/July 19, 2004) Ain't-It-Cool-News has posted a possible description of the Batman Begins teaser trailer. There's still no word when they trailer may be released, but Comic-Con visitors may just get an early peek.

Hit the link above to check out the description.

More Batmoblie Images

(Monday/July 19, 2004) Here are some behind the scenes images of the batmobile: IGN Filmforce - The site also says they're hearing that the teaser trailer may hit theaters with Fox's Alien vs. Predator on August 13th.

Countdown to 2005's release of Batman Begins: 332 Days

FLIPMODE
I dont know where the mix up came from...but Wantanabe is not RAS. The pictures show RAS is Neeson. Im betting Wantanabe will be none other than...UBU!!

BOPRecruit 16
Liam Neeson is playing Batman's mentor, Henri Ducard, not RAS. As far as I know of. (See this link: http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=1659)

FLIPMODE
Ok,...NOW, go to the official Batman website, click on the pic all the way to the right.

You'll see Liam Neeson. And you'll CLEARLY see he's IS Ras Al Ghul.

There's no doubt about that.

TheFilmProphet
You can check out some cool new pics of Batman Begins at http://www.creativemovies.homestead...to_Gallery.htmlbatman

BOPRecruit 16
The image code does not state that he's Ras Al Ghul nor confirm it. I trust the information provided at SuperHeroHype.com. Here are some links that I hope will provide enough proof for you to believe that Liam Neeson is playing Batman's mentor, Henri Ducard and not Ras Al Ghul:

Batman Begins (2005) - Imdb.com - Cast List

BATMAN ON FILM -- CAST & CREW - Images of Cast with names for their characters in the movie

http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/1358/1011/3492490_main.jpg

Source: CountingDown.com - Batman Begins

Let me know if this isn't enough proof and I will go scouraging the google search engine for more evidance.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>