2005 Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
Now that 2004 is here.....it's time to look foward to 2005 big grin Here are a few goodies coming out next year

Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith(title is only a rumour)
Indiana Jones 4
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Batman 5
Underworld 2
King Kong
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Heh, this is all I got so early in the game. I leave the rest to you fine people

cgtuna21
hey this was my thread b4

My name is Neo9
i think these movies will kick ass

Lord Soth
I know, but it's way back there, I thought I'd revive it

eh, 2005 won't be as great a movie year as this though

Fallen Jedi
I'm looking forward to see...

Star Wars: Episode III
Indie 4
POTC 2
Underworld 2
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

Batman, not too sure. The last one was horrible.

Writer86
You forgot The Lecter Variations. It's the prequel to Red Dragon.

BTW, I can't wait for SWEpisode III, Indiana Jones 4, and Harry Potter 4. thumb up

Traydemark03
A prequel to a prequel? Wow...Did you know that a prequel to silence of the lambs was already made? It was titled Manhunter and it's the same story as Red Dragon.

Dogbert
i thought that Die hard 4 was supoposed to come out in 2005

Kes
If I'm not mistaken Manhunter come out before Silence of the lambs so its not a prequel.

Leog14
Batman: Intimidation is the name of the fifth part. King Kong is going to be Directed by Peter Jackson, that right LOTR Director.

Lord Soth
No, Die Hard 4 is coming out sometime in 2004

Kes
Lord Soth dont neglect your 2004 movies thread,ok?!

Lord Soth
I'm trying not to big grin

CaptainClaire
There will only be one film on my must-see list in 2005 and that's POTC 2. I just hope it doesn't let all the fans down by being a total flop. I mean, with a director, writers and actors like that, it can't flop can it?

Lord Soth
Not if it's as well done as the first one was

New Addition: Iron Man. Yes, the superhero. Rumors are that Tom Cruise is looking to play Tony Stark

Lord Soth
Iron Man:After being injured in an explosion during combat in Vietnam, Tony Stark requires an iron chest plate to keep a piece of shrapnel from piercing his heart. Soon afterwards the mechanically-inclined Stark constructs a full iron suit of armor to battle communist spies, industrial saboteurs, and super-villians. Thus the billionaire, playboy, and alcoholic Tony Stark is also the armor clad crime-fighter Iron man. Not much is known yet whether this film will try to tell the history of Iron Man (unlikely) or whether it will simply follow the super-hero on one of his bad guy butt-kicking adventures.

Tom Cruis is in talks to star, no director lined up yet. The wrting team is the same one that was behind Spider-Man 2 and Shanghai Knights

Lyn
Although I look forward to seeing Pirates of The Carribean 2, Harry Potter 4 and Indiana Jones 4 I CAN'T WAIT to see Star Wars Episode III. I've been waiting since 2002 for it.

Lord Soth
I want to see all those too

BOPRecruit 16
how old is tony stark in the comics?

whose written spider-man 2?

Lord Soth
1) don't know

2)Alfred Gough and Miles Millar

nach01
I cant wait for Mr. and Mrs. Smith..... Brad Pitt big grin and Angelina Jolie smile

Crash Overload
okay, I just read your list on the first post and There will be NO Indian Jones 4, and Hp 4 will be out for 2006 (so I am told)

Lord Soth
I beg to differ. I get my info from Movies.com, and they're very official, accurate, and up-to-date on all movie releases. Harry Potter 4 is coming out in 2005, and ther is an Indiana Jones 4, which is set to come out around June 2005.

It is futile to contest my information evil face

Myth
Crash, where is your info saying no Indy 4? Cause I don't believe it.

andyF1
its far better than red dragon

Lord Soth
Fantastic Four
This long-delayed comic book adaptation follows four astronauts who are exposed to radiation in space, return to earth with superpowers, and try to stop a madman called Dr. Doom. (Action/Comic Book)

Summer 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Willy Wonka, the creator of the biggest chocolate factory in world, holds a contest in which the winner gets to tour his top-secret facility. When young Charlie Bucket unwraps the winning candy bar, he sets off on an adventure in what turns out to be a sweet tooth's paradise. (Fantasy/Children's)

Starring: Johnny Depp

Director: Tim Burton

Fall 2005

burlyman
yup Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory jump

Capt. Spaulding
I am so excited to see what Tim Burton does with "Charlie and the chocolate factory." I think with Tim Burton directing it and Johnny Depp starring in it, you cant go wrong.

Cinemaddiction
"Manhunter" pales in comparison to both the book, and "Red Dragon". You can cite my thread in the Horror forums for further info.

Lord Soth
Underworld 2 is starting fliming in September of this year, and I believe that Sony is shooting for a spring 2005 release

johnny.d girl
oooOOOOOooooo i've hered of charlie and the colate factory!!!!!
i can't wait 4 dat 2 come out
johnny has another film coming out in 2005 called "The Rum Diary"!!!!
i can't wait 4 dat 2 come out eather!!!!!! lol...........shutting up now

ArrghPirateGirl
K K We herd enough bout johnny K JDG

johnny.d girl
lol u getting sick of him apg???

BOPRecruit 16
lord soth: i hope that tim burton doesn't mess up the re-make! don't want a mess up like he did with the batman movies! eek! mad

Lord Soth
You think he messed UP the Batman movies? mad

Cinemaddiction
I was going to ask the same thing, heh. Batman Returns is the only questionable ones, although it produced the best characters.

Lord Soth
Yeah, that one was a little weird, but still, no one can truthfully say that he messed them up. People might still not appreciate it *cough parker cough*, but he still didn't mess it up

Steppenwolf
I'm looking forward for this movies:

Spy Hunter
Bee Cool
XXX 2
Harry Potter 4
X- Men 3
Batman V
Meet the Fockers

Lord Soth
Aren't they using Ice T or Ice Cube for XXX 2, instead of vin Diesel?

johnny.d girl
yeah i liked the old version (of charlie and the chocolate factory) when i was yonger and i hope i'll luv the new 1 juss as much

ArrghPirateGirl
I used 2 love that movie but now im sick of it but ill love the new version *he he evil grin*

BOPRecruit 16
i'm sorry, i don't mean to offend, but i think he did horribly with the last two movies. the sets were horrible!

Evy_O
Looking forward to everything apart from SW big grin
Especially Indiana Jones, Batman and Harry Potter big grin

johnny.d girl
harry potter harry potter!!!!!!
and potc 2 but i got told off 4 saying that 2 much in the 2004 movies thread!!!!!............and the porson that told me off now's who he is!!! HMPH!

trav6612
What are the best movies going to be coming out this coming year? Any ideas?

cal31
Episode III, War of the Worlds, King Kong, The Longest Yard, The Chronicles of Narnia.

ragesRemorse
Die Hard4

Charlie and the chocolate factory

Ghost rider

Hitchikers guide to the galaxy

Indiana jones

Star wars 3

Inglorius bastards

trav6612
Episode three will be good, but i hope it is better than the others. King kong could be a good one coming out if they do it right.

Browncoat
While I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the one that's got me most excited is Serenity, the movie Joss Whedon is making from his too-soon-cancelled TV show. I never even heard of that show when it was on the air, I only discovered it on the DVD box set.

Narnia should be interesting, but I'm so tired of Star Wars I never even bothered to see the last one.

vaya_the_elf
Batman Begins, Star wars three, Charlie and chocolate factory, and hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire, and fantastic four.
And for 2006 X-men 3

trav6612
Yeah I agree wonka will be good, I can't wait to see how they do the umpa lumpas. Although I thought there already was a die hard 4 so I don't know why you put that on there. Remember Die Hard with a Vengenace. The indiana jones 4 will be good, but its doubtful it will come out next year, it will probably only get started filming.

Spitback
Hitchhikers giude to the galaxce.
Max Payne
A big hard kick in the nuts.
Batman begins

Elektra_lover
ELEKTRA!!

cal31
I think Johnny Depp will be perfect in the Cholcolate Factory. There's no way Indiana Jones 4 comes out next year, sucks.

RaventheOnly
whos suppose to direct Wanka? shifty will it be like a Tim Burton twist of it? shifty

Lyn
Star Wars -- ROTS
Harry Potter -- GOF

botankus
I could see it now, Johnny Depp playing Charlie. Obviously he won't but I have a feeling that Hollywood will keep protraying Depp as a 30-year old until he dies.

vaya_the_elf
is anyone excited about batman begins?

cal31
I don't know how Christian Bale is going to be in it, he's a good actor, but I don't know if he's right for the role. Plus the past Batman movies weren't that good

trav6612
I agree the batman movies went downhill from the start, although the second batman was pretty good other than that they started going to the crapper.

TheFilmProphet
Completely because they are going to do everything they never did in a Batman film before. They will actually show how Bruce Wayne became Batman which will be worth watching it alone the rest is just cool extras.

ragesRemorse
I have faith in bale. He is a great actor. He has proved that he can have both a dark and heoric persona to him.

kaleigha eden
I am so hoping that Batman Begins can pull it off for 2005. With no X-Men 3 in sight, I am desperate. Pathetic, but desperate! laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
I hear there are big problems for X-men 3 since singer left. He was the one keeping berry and jackman interested in returning. I kind of lost respect for singer. I mean yeah okay he wants to go to other movies and expand his abilities. However he left x-men for another comic book movie. not much expanding of abilities is going to happen here. It is the same genre and style of filmaking. Singer started the x-men with plans of always having three films. Fans anticipated X-2 so much because of singers return of directing. Fans are also looking forward to X-3, a film singer promised his fans. They are looking forward to another X-men movie to see the characters and style of filmaking and respect Singer gave the X-men, but no singer left Marvel to go to the Arch enemy D.C to make superman. What an ass goblin.

vvvrulz
Well if Jackman and Berry arent secured, that another comic book franchise down the tube. The movie im looking forward to is Star Wars epIII, yet with Lucas.. i have that sinking feeling again..

trav6612
Yeah, that does suck, I liked singer. He did a good job with Xmen and I want to see X-3 so bad.

Shadow_King
i heard that kevin smith is doing passion of clerks

trav6612
What is that about?

Mr Parker
The 2nd one was every bit as awful as Batman and Robin.We NEED BATMAN BEGINS because ALL the Batman movies sucked in one way or another.Unlike Batman 89,I am excited about BATMAN BEGINS because Bale is actually perfect for the role because unlike Keaton, he is physically right for the role.I am excited about Batman Begins and Elecktra as well as Hitchhikers.Huge mistake allowing Burton to make Charlie and the chocolate factory.Burton will screw up that movie the same way he screwed up the batman movies. mad

ragesRemorse
Burton diddnt screw up Batman. Infact he gave us the greatest comic movie (batman). No one will be able to give us a better batman than Keaton. I know Bale is a very good actor,but he wont be able to pul it off with the cool slickness keaton had.

Yeah SMith is doing another clerks movie, but it will be Clerks;sellout

Mr Parker
Hate to break the news to you but Burton screwed it up BIG TIME.More like one of the worst comicbook movies ever.Superman still holds that honor of best comicbook movie ever.No contest.sorry to break your heart but Kilmer was a much better Batman than Keaton and Batman Forever is the best Batman movie of the 4.Hands down,no contest. stick out tongue Burton should NEVER have been allowed near a batman movie because he made the worst casting choice in comicbook history casting pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce wayne.it was a joke,it was like watching AL bundy walking around bruce wayne manor, a pathectic joke.At least Nolan unlike Burton cares about bringing the best possible choice for the role of Batman casting Bale who is physically right for the role.

bakerboy
I didint know that being a goofy idiot forgeting the places in his own house , being a terrible figher and being a supporting character was called cool slickness.

bakerboy
By the way, im hoping for batman begins, fantastic four, and specially king kong for 2005.

ragesRemorse
No i hate to break it to break it to YOU. Batman was an incredible movie, very faithfull to the comics, aside from a few inconsistancies. It embodied the darkness behind Batman and not to mention it created a very vivid atmosphere for the city of Gotham which was done very well.
Burton created some spectacular art and set designs that gave Batman life on film all on it's own. The concept of making the shadows in the movie a character was a very brilliant elaboration to batmans character. The cinematography of the Film was amazing and memorable. Burtons desire to also make the music of the film the definition of Batman turned out to be astonishing and suspensful. Burton went to great measures to secure danny elfman on the project, and worked with him. The cast of the film was very on key, every character in the film was acted out with great talent that fit just right into the characters persona as you would expect them to be. Keaton made batman a real person, instead of a plain tunnel visioned character. Yes it is of the very best comic adaptations to date, it rivals and is arguably better than the very slow paced Superman. Critics and fans alike acknowledge the original as being the best

As for Batman forever, i dont know what the hell that was. It was a circus on film. With extreme over acting by jim carey, and underacting by kilmer, the characters were destroyed. Batman forever was extremely over the top trying to re-produce the visual quality of the originals,but failed miserably distorted eye candy. Instead of making Batman a believable and subtle Hero, he was turned into a train wreck that more resembled the orginal campy t.v series of inside jokes, than the comic book version of the dark knight.

RaventheOnly
I agree fully yes Burton brought it to life and the acting was awesome.... Jack Nicholson was undoubtably played the best villian in any comic adaptation ever.

And God the music was brilliant.

Mr Parker
Well said.Yeah if thats cool slickness,thats news to me. laughing

trav6612
I would agree that Burton made Batman good, the darkness is definetly a sign of the mystery behind batman and Jack was awesome as the joker. I hope Batman begins can bring batman back into good standing cause the last ones were circus train wrecks.

ladygrim
most of them

trav6612
I think burton will do a good job with Charlie and the chocolate factory, plus with Johnney Deep it will be one of the best movies of 2005

SaTsuJiN
Episode III.... ::winces in disgust recalling the acting in ep II::

trav6612
yeah, I hope the action is way better, I heard Mace(samuel l. Jackson) is suppose to have a cool fight scene and so is obiwan.

cal31
yeah it sounds like Lucas is letting the actors act more, how nice of him laughing laughing . Anyways, I think this will be the best star wars film of them all, including the original trilogy. General Grevious is going to kick ass.

lil bitchiness
The Alexander movie thumb up I wanna see if its gonna suck and how much...it might turn out to be awesome.

Kalozza
Star Wars 3 should be really good and so will Harry Potter 4

Jedi Priestess
I agree 100%.....biggest mistake they ever made was letting Keaton get away. I thought the second one was good as well...not AS good as the first but still right up there. DeVito was the weak link in Batman 2 as far as Im concerned.

for 2005
Star Wars Episode 3 Reven of the Sith
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

trav6612
It seems like everyone agrees on Charlie and the chocolate factory, star wars 3, Harry potter. And you are right, they should have never let keaton go.

cal31
I'm surprised King Kong or War of the Worlds arn't getting many mentions.

BloomBabyGirl
u really expects King Kong to be a favorite? i think star wars mostly and HP if they actually decide to read the book sb4 making the movies

cal31
yes I do expect King Kong to be a favorite, the original is one of the biggest movie icons ever, so I would think when an oscar winning actor and director do a remake of it, I would think there would be a lot of interest in it.

BOPRecruit 16
i know i'm going to sound stupid for saying this...but...i can't wait to see brokeback mountain! eek! rock laughing messed

botankus
I've had trouble posting to this forum lately, mainly due to the threads being really dumb. But, for the sake of posting something, I guess I'll throw in that King Kong will probably be a big deal, considering Peter Jackson is behind it.

trav6612
I think King Kong could be a big hit, if they do it right. I think they will so it will be a good one.

BloomBabyGirl
i predict the movie itself is gonna suck but since evry1 know Peter Jackson did LOTR theyre gonna go see it and be dissapointed

soylentorange
I'm pretty sure it will come out next year-- "A Scanner Darkly" adapted from the Phillip K Dick novel which I haven't read -_- But it sounds like it could be pretty cool. They're going to rotoscope it like they did with Waking Life

Mortanius
I think Star Wars and Batman will be the winners next year. King Kong I don't know about. The story needs to be good. Will the setting be in the 30's or will it be in modern times?

<<Solo>>
Batman Begins will be very so awesome.

div
a need info bout new potter films please just send me a private message

Clovie
just question ocean's 12 is 2005 or 06? confused

ladygrim
smile

Unholy_Cheese
05, it wouldnt take till 2006 ..i thinkblink

BloomBabyGirl
oceans 12 actually comes out this decmber

Clovie
this dec? eek!
that' great news!!!! happy

cal31
It's going to be set in the 1930's

trav6612
ocena 12 looks like it could be a really good flick.

trav6612
what is brokeback mountain about?

dragonlight
The only movie I am looking forward to seeing in 2005 is none other than Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

trav6612
episode 3 is going to be awesome. hopefully better than the last two.

trav6612
Underworld 2 is coming out in 2005. That will be a good one.

ballardy
i tell you what i am looking forward to, The Chronicled of Narnia. someone said that it is coming in 2005...

ballardy
sorry, the chronicles...

BloomBabyGirl
that looks terrible. the movies r too uneventful for a movie

mauler
BATMAN BEGINS
Star wars ROTS
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
King Kong

~Johnnyz#1~
........hmmmm

trav6612
chronicles could be a good movie just like king kong, they just need do good with it.

shellspeare
i really can't wait for the new willy wonker starring johnny depp

Lord Soth
Actually, it's been confirmed that Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel) has stepped on to direct. I feel good about this choice

trav6612
Yeah he is really good and I think he will bring in some added features to the X-men movies.

botankus
I'll bet you can't. stick out tongue

trav6612
hahahahaha laughing laughing out loud

Bornwild2152
I found this site a while ago. Go to killermovies.com and they have all the movies that will come out. They say like spiderman 3 xmen 3 and all of those.

ragesRemorse
ok, i will go to killermovies,com as soon as i leave killermovies.com. thanks for the tip.

cal31
eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! laughing laughing

ocd_jai
i know no one cares, but an indie film DOT will be out 2005. it begins shooting in less than two weeks...with ELISHA CUTHBERT (24, girl next door), EDIE FALCO (sopranos), MARTIN DONOVAN (saved), CAMILLA BELLE, and SHAWN ASHMORE(x-men, x2); and directed by JAMIE BABBITT (gilmore girls, malcolm in the middle). if any one else would like to know more about it, ask away...

cal31
What's it about?

ragesRemorse
yeah, i might care if i knew a little more about it. I dig Indie films, just dont follow them that much.

trav6612
What is an indie film?

Cinemaddiction
Independent movies, financed by the movie makers themselves, and not studios.

trav6612
ohhhhh.

trav6612
I saw a new one from will smith is coming out, it's like hitch. Its about him giving advice to men to make them smooth and help them out, but he can't get it right himself. looks pretty funny

trav6612
any other good movies this next year coming out?

pr1983
am lookin foward to a movie called "saw", it looks decent enough

trav6612
what's it about.

pr1983
horror movie, about a killer who locks two people in a room and tells them only one can leave, which means one has to kill the other or somethin like that, danny glover is in it.

ladygrim
ive just seen that advertised i dont think i'll be watching it ergh..

BloomBabyGirl
it looks good. heres teh trailer http://imdb.com/title/tt0387564/trailers-screenplay-E20993-10-2

trav6612
that looks pretty crazy

cal31
Yeah, this looks really good, I've heard it's supposed to be a real horror movie from back when they actually were scary, not like the cheap thrill movies that have come out lately.

trav6612
That will be nice, cause I am ready for more movies that scare the crap out of my girlfriend, cause then she will jump into my arms more.... yes

movieluver
i am looking forward to:

bridget jones: the edge of reason
x men 3
underworld 2 and 3
miss congeniality 2
ELEKTRA
MR. and mrs. smith
ocean's 12
star wars III
cursed
bewitched
charlie and the chocolate factory remake
pirates of the carribean 2 and 3
any other angie jo, bullock,pitt, ricci, zelwegger, jovovich, depp, ryder movie coming out!!! i love way too many other actors/actresses to name and i also cant wait for many winter 2004 releases ive been waiting for! my movie year!!!

Lord Soth
Okay, I'm reviving this thread after a loooong time. Since 2005 is rapidly approaching, this is more timely.

Constantine + Hitch- both Feb 11
Fantastic Four-July 1
Elektra-Feb 18
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith- May 19
Cursed- Feb 25
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe- Christmas
Batman Begins- June 17
King Kong- Dec 14
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire-Nov 18
Serenity- April 22
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- July 15
Land of the Dead- TBA
Pirates of the Caribbean 2- TBA

There are also possibilities that the video games SoulCalibur, BloodRayne, and Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time will be made

@F1
/\ Mouth Watering...

BOPRecruit 16
most of those super hero movies and the new hp movie are what i'm aiming to see next year! rock

to all you jake gylenhaal fans out there...who wants to see brokeback mountain? devil laughing bunny

Lord Soth
New ones- The Ring 2-March 24
Mr. and Mrs. Smith- June 10

BloomBabyGirl
why are they making a ring sequel.....blink

anyway im lookin forward to mr/mrs smith, SW, HP

BOPRecruit 16
when's fantastic four and sin city coming out?

<<Solo>>
They're still filming both, so both have no official release date.

BOPRecruit 16
so what...alba is spliting time between sets? blink

<<Solo>>
Must be.

BOPRecruit 16
sin city seems interesting. hope it turns out okay. considering who the director is and all.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>