Better or Worse?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Will AOTC be better than TPM?

Will it be better than OT?...LOTR....(dare I say it)...Harry Potter?

ToMacco
Attack of the Clones HAS to be better than The Phantom Menace. It's a sequel, so the characters have already been introduced. Lucas once said that the first one is to introduce the characters, then the next picture could instantly be better.

yerssot
I don't know,
from what I know about it, the love story sucks and some battles are pretty stupid
(and I'm not mentioning the cgi Yoda here!)

Ushgarak
Ah, To is right. The ESB factor (doesn't have to start the story, doesn't have to finish the story) makes its potential much larger, and I am sure it will be delviered upon.

As far as comparing it to LOTR is concenred... hmm...

mah
yerss:
what the heck are you on about? from what I've seen of the love story it's gonna be one of the best parts of the film. because all the time you know it's gonna go bad, and anakin turning stupid. and it makes it dark. I think it's dumb to just say ''more battles, that will make every film better!''

yerssot
haven't said that!

just from what I heared, it's not THAT great

King Jedi
It has the potential to be better than TPM, the OT and LOTR.

Ushgarak
It's difficult to speculate about LOTR, of course. Because LOTR has the potential to be better than AOTC as well. Hmm.

King Jedi
It doesn't really matter. I know I'm going to enjoy both.

Julie
Well here you don't have long to wait...LOTR comes out tomorrow....though for everyone AOTC is still a long way off..... sad But that's a sad story for another day.

King Jedi
It will be worth the wait. smile

peluffo
Well, I'll be happy to see LOTR in the time that i wait for the new STARWARS

mah
yeah, it would be worse if both came out now, it would be too much.

darthyogi
The first film sets up the characters? The only characters I can remember who came close to breaking free of the second dimesion and gaining a third were QuiGon and Maul - and neither of them survived for a sequal. The characterisation in TPM was appalling, let's face it.

I do have high hopes for AOTC, however, and I think the love story is gonna be fabulous - because something else the TPM should have done that it didn't - which was stupid, imho - is give us a view of the Universe before the Empire to put the rebellion into focus. For the OT we just took it on good faith that the Old republic was better times - but in the PT we should be shown that it was. I think the love story is an excellent opportunity for Lucas to show us 'the good old days' before the Empire so we can see EXACTLY what sort of lifestyle the rebellion is trying to restore. Otherwise what's the point?

Will it be better than TLOTR... dunno. Will it be better than Harry Potter - well, come on, even The Ewok Adventure movie was better than Harry Potter... wink

jedi212guy
It all depends what you mean by a "better" movie. I acknowledge that ESB has the best plot and is even liked by many critics. However, that doesn't mean that it is fun to watch 100 times. There are many great parts to it, but there are also some dragging moments for me, such as the beginning on Hoth and much of Luke's time on Dagobah.

Personally, the other OT movies are more fun to watch. TPM has too many flaws to be more enjoyable than ESB, unless you just fast-forward through Tatooine.

So to sum it all up, AOTC willbe better written than TPM, but probably less entertaining than ROTJ for me. What does that make it? I don't know. It all depends on what you are judging. Lots of money at theaters doesn't make a good movie. Critics liking it doesn't neither. It's a movie's ability to generate the same feeling a viewer gets the 20th time it is viewed as the 1st time it is viewed, imho. AOTC will deliver, and deliver big time.

Ushgarak
I HOPE AOTC is as good as Fellowship of the Ring...

Julie
I go to see LOTR tomorrow so I'll be better able to gauge how good I think AOTC has to be to measure up.

I liked TPM, but AOTC will be better!!!!...I can feel it smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.