David Bowie as Elrond.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rolos
I bought this great new guide book for LOTR. Its simply called The ROugh Guide to The Lord of the Rings. It has some pretty cool info in there like who was going to originally do what parts. Like Orlando Bloom was originally picked to do faramir. WEIRD. David Bowie was going to do Elrond. Its so hard for me to ever think of any other characters playing those parts...

Its a cool book though. Check it out....

rolos
Also, if anyone has read this, is it just more, or does it hint that PJ IS going to *maybe* do the silmarillion as a movie??

QUOTE: "its entirely possible that a studio will want to make a movie out of the Silmarilion"

Discos
David Bowie? I had a serious thought of him doing Elrond and that would not of been a bad choice to take him first.

Anyhows we would just have to thank the casting people that they decided with the lot we ended up getting as I think (as everyone else) that I doubt it would be the same........saying that, if they went with a different castand they did a great job and then someone said that Orlando Bloom was doing Legolas, we may of said "pfft....that would never work....silly casting people *slap*"

sauron
he wasnt PICKED as faramir, he auditioned for him, but was given legolas instead

Kitoky
Hugo Weaving played the role of Elrond with great ease man!!

sauron
mr. un-der-hill

"isildur killed you sauron, i watched you die, with great pleasure i might add, but the something happened something i knew was impossible, but it happened anyway, the ring survived, and now i stand beofre you, with a fellowship so it seems"

The Omega
rolling on floor laughing
One of these days, Sauron, you'll kill me, I swear... laughing

kalantiaw
david bowie What the f**k? ... it would be very interesting... i bet they woulda let him write the whole soundtrack too... 80's style laughing out loud ...

fini
blink

sauron
no omega im not in the killing mood, i only pounce to stun...as exa will find out soon enough :P big grin hehehehe

Telperien
I loved the discussion between Elrond and Gandalf in FOTR. Elrond complex character is shown nicely. Old, weary of Middle Earth and almost arrogant towards men (After all he's a Noldor). Reminds me of Feanor.

Kitoky
I agree! And he has great reason to be arrogant towards men, if it weren't for them, the ring would've been distroyed and none of his troubles would come back. Elrond = my favorite Elf Lord (*cough* Next to Glorfindel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.