Original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lederuvdapac
Any news of when this is coming out? I have heard a number of things. I heard it is coming out later this year, i also heard that Lucas wants to make a SE to the already SE movies. God when will the madness end? Any rumblings about this. I am extremely eager to see these movies with digital pciture.

Dirty Vader
Check out the Star Wars Original Trilogy Forum. I think there was a thread about this. Oh and the changes are only rumours.

wicker_man
Agreed ^

I've heard a couple of rumours about the release of the original trilogy on DVD, one was that it was gonna never be released on DVD format (although i personally believe that is highly unlikely) or the other popular rumour i've heard circulating is that it will be released around or soon after the release of episode 3 on dvd which considering it is not due for release until 2005 i'd expect to see it around 2005-2006 or even 2007.

yerssot
the EpIII dvd will appear at the end of 2006 if I'm not mistaken
the originals will never get on dvd, as george lucas said, it will be the special editions, and there are two main rumors, namely: around christmas 2004 (which imho is unlikely cause they're still working on the new one) and the other just says "after 2006", which is what GL sometimes say.

The rumors of a special editions of the special editions are for the time being based on pure speculations of retards (Supershadow) and hope of fans, though it can of course always change

super shadow GL
ok i heard on the news not to long ago that the original dvd trilogy would be out by christmas 2004.and Yerssot you are wrong when you say that the Episode 3 dvd would be out at the end of 2006.it will be out november 2005.

super shadow GL
ohhhhhhhhhhh i told you! i just saw it on the news now! the star wars classics will be out christmas 2004

NateTheGreat
I read somewhere that in 2006 they will be releasing all 6 movies on DVD in one big edition.

super shadow GL
true

Thomas Anderson
So they'll release the trilogy in 2004 (the special edition one's that don't seem too popular), then in 2006 the original trilogy with the 3 prequels. Probably. Because they want to rip people off. sad

Fallen Jedi
Stop with all the mind games! I can't take anymore of this! messed Someone says its coming out in X-mas 2004. Somone else says 2005. Others say 2006, and even 2007. Worst of all, there are rumors saying the original will never be released on DVD!

Does anyone really know?! Or is it all really just speculation at this point?

blink blink blink

PersefonePotter
Granted, this was posted a while back, but here is a little bit of insight:

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/rick/askjc20000124.html

Evil Dead
Nobody knows for sure about the original trilogy.........because George Lucas keeps changing his mind.

He said a few years back that he would release the original Star Wars movies on special editions which contained the original and the special editions he did in 1997.

Since then he has said he will never release the original films.........only the special editions he did back in '97.

Right now it's looking like the original trilogy will never be released.........only the special editions of the trilogy he did in '97.........and there are several dates rumored for that release as mentioned by countless others above.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.