Saruman's Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IcepicK
Why they didnt show in ROTK the Death of Saruman by the hands of Wormtongue? an also the raid and fight on hobbiton by Saruman?.. I know that the movie would be too long if they show that but anyone know if that will appear in the extended edition?

sauron
gandalf and co show up at isengard, and grima kills him there, by pushing him over the balcony, onto big spiky wheel....legolas fires an arrow in the air, and grima is like wtf was that *****, but then the arrow comes back down, and goes fffwwwfffttttt through grimas head

IcepicK
nice.. and the fights that happens on hobbiton ??

Kitoky
It's better if PJ didn't do that one because I mean they came to climax of Mount Doom and the end of The One ring so it wouldn't feel right to just throw in another battle scene.

sauron
in other words, never filmed big grin

Kitoky
Yep

Aurora
PJ filmed 12 diff. versions of Saurman's death. None of which matched the book, but that is expected. I agree with Kit, it would have been anticlimatic to have the ring destroyed, everything go back to good, then destroy the shire, True fans would have sat for another 2 hours it they had been able to see it, but the majority of fans havent' read the books and had no idea they were missing anything.

sidenote: Christopher Lee was not happy that he was cut out of ROTK and made a very public show of it, and did not attend any of the premires.

Aurora
PJ filmed 12 diff. versions of Saurman's death. None of which matched the book, but that is expected. I agree with Kit, it would have been anticlimatic to have the ring destroyed, everything go back to good, then destroy the shire, True fans would have sat for another 2 hours if they had been able to see it, but the majority of fans havent' read the books and had no idea they were missing anything.

sidenote: Christopher Lee was not happy that he was cut out of ROTK and made a very public show of it, and did not attend any of the premires.

Kitoky
And I noticed that Christopher Lee's name wasn't in the credits either, nor was his picture drawn.

Aurora
Sad, really. I think that he should have been in the credits. I mean he was a large part of the first two movies.

Kitoky
Yeah and I'm wondering if he's going to be in the EE

sauron
he is in the ee definately

Aurora
Yeah PJ already confirmed that.

Ariadne
They should definitely add Christopher Lee to the EE credits, because the RotK credits were like the credits for the whole trilogy and he should be in them. And while I wish that the Scouring of the Shire was in the movie, it really would be anti-climatic and take forever to resolve, so I'm ok with it.

Exa
Nice description, my dark lord wink
"and goes fffwwwfffttttt through grimas head" big grin big grin

Parts of it WERE filmed -> Galadriel's Mirror

12 versions? Really? I heard about 5.

sauron
lol but thats the noise they make, ffffffwwwwwwfffffffftttttttt

Exa
Thats why I called it a nice description

sauron
lol have you read the spoof page the legolas arrow thing

"oh i solved that fake wussy arrow problem"

cgtuna21
Actually in the book Saruman goes to the Shire with Wild Men which are called Ruffians and he pretty much like messes up the shire and the hobbits are like prisoners. The Ruffians call Saruman "Sharkey". So when the ring is destroy Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin return to the Shire and battle the ruffians. Then they go to Bag End and they see Saruman and Wormtongue and they start talking to him and Saruman was like pretty much making fun of Grima and then Grima takes out a knife and goes behind Saruman and slits his throat then Grima starts not to breath and then dies and that was it...

Exa

Kitoky
*chuckles*

sauron
sharkey is derived from sharku...meaning old man lol and saruman says its an affectionite name they chose for him

saruman tries to stab frodo, but his knife breaks. so he turns to go not before giving a kicking to mr. wormtongue then as all mistreated slaves do, grima turns on saruman and slits his throat, then he gets shot down by hobbit archers

Ariadne
I love it when Wormtongue kills Saruman, even though I don't really know why. But then he dies too. Just as well I suppose.

sauron
he kills hm cos hes mistreated, he hates saruman, despises him is more the word

Ariadne
I meant that it's one of those things why I don't really know why I like Wormtongue but I do anyway. big grin

You can't blame Wormtongue though. I would imagine Saruman wouldn't exactly be a fun person to live with, especially after you throw his Palantir out the window.

sauron
lol yeah, he was trying to kill saruman then aswell. bet he got a walloping, although saruman had no magic now his staff was broken, just the malice of his voice

Ariadne
I would have made sure I stayed away from and windows, balconies, etc so I wouldn't get pushed out and land on a spike like Saruman will the EE. Or maybe get stepped on by an Ent. I would expect getting yelled at by Saruman would be bad enough though.

sauron
lol how good would the story have been if saruman killed all the ents before they reached isengard. like did the old scooby doo trick, dug a hole and covered it with leaves and stuff hehehe

Ariadne
Aw, poor Ents lol. Can't you just imagine a huge pit full of trees?

Discos
I like the whole "legolas never misses his targets", Wormtongue should of payed more attention....also I think Saruman should of foreseen this...

sauron
lmao a pit full of ents, then saruman accidentally poured a hundred gallons of oil in there...then accidentally dropped a match in aswell

Ariadne
BOOM!
"oops"

sauron
BOOM

*silence*

*faint* hroom helllllppp.....* flames jump up again and the voice trails off*

Ariadne
*Saruman standing by the pit*

"I really should have gotten those many-colored shorts. These robes aren't any good for bonfires..."

sauron
lmao, on the subject of many colours, like the sig? big grin

Ariadne
Yep, very awesome. I'm too lazy to find anything interesting for my signature.

sauron
lol il help u look, what you got in mind

Ariadne
I dunno, something random. Randomness is fun.

sauron
but makes it hard 4 me :P

Ariadne
Yep it does. I'll think of something...eventually. You'll just have to wait. stick out tongue

IcepicK
WTF

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.