The Moth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
i think that the moth should get a mention, i mean come on he always gets help

he gets the eagle to save gandalf from orthanc, then shows up when its coming

it shows up in rotk to tell gandalf the eagles are coming to save the day again, and cheat to beat the nazgul

go mothy

Kitoky
*taps toe* We're supposed to be fans of the Nazguls.

But yeah the moth seems to be quite important when Gandalf's in dire need.

sauron
but the moth is great though

i am a nazgul fan, thats why i said cheat to win, altered the script see?

Kitoky
Ohhhhhhh ok......NAZGULS WOULD'VE WON!

sauron
yeah, i mean their victory it was foolproof, who would have though eagles could use their beaks to write?

anyway back to the moth, how good is he, he got cute feller things

Elenelda
The moth is wierd. Where does it come from and, in ROTK, how does it get to Gandalf without being squashed in the battle?
Also, how does it know that the eagles are coming?

sauron
beause it talks to them, its a very social moth,

it can fly and is very small so does not get squashed

and as for the question of where it comes from, i really think you should ask your parent that question big grin

Aurora
I think that the moth is Tom and he is just diquising himself!!!!

J/K

sauron
YES

witchy
tom bombadil the moth

the triangle of disguise

Kitoky
Haahahahahahahahaha

Elenelda
i know where the moth comes from. i'm not an idiot . . . well maybe i am, but not in this way.

THEY SKIPPED TOM IN THE MOVIE! that is not good. mad

sauron
lol they filmed a scene where the hobbits were walking and over the hedge there was a hat and you could hear singing, so they ran for their lives lol

nice nod to tom, unfortunately it never made it into the theatrical or the ee

Kitoky
Dude I can understand if they had cut Tom out because he was a bit Mary Sue and didn't do the plot any good, GO MOTH! Whenever the moth came on the scene you just KNOW that the eagles are coming.

Elenelda
that stinks. he and Lady Goldberry were gipped. actually, a lot of people were gipped when they made the moves.

ps:funny thing about that on fanfiction.net. story called "the official fanfiction university of middle earth. very funny.

sauron
il check it out now

got a direct link

big grinbig grinbig grin whoooo mothy mothy big grinbig grinbig grin

Elenelda
It's a long one, 60 something chapters. It took me two days to read the entire thing. And those were days without school!

sauron
well whats the direct link, i am in the book part and on lord of the rings, what page big grin

Elenelda
fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=644826
Can't do direct links.

Exa
big grin big grin big grin thumb up yes a social moth indeed

thumb up hey let's found some moth-fanclub... that's no problem because the Moth is Witchy love

sauron
ok lol lets start one

nazgulinthedark
the moth is cute...but the ringwraiths are cool

sauron
the moth is a wraith, hes tom bombadils other alter ego

have you seen him kitted up, very sweet big grin

Ariadne
It would be really cool to see the moth transform into a wraith.

sauron
i wonder.......*PING, sauron has an idea*

Ariadne
Uh oh, he's thinking...jk

sauron
i know, it normally hurts lol big grin

Ariadne
So what evil thoughts are you having today? lol

sauron
you will find out, in due time

Ariadne
You mean I have to WAIT? *taps foot impatiently*

sauron
lol it will be worth it,

Ariadne
*sigh* I guess I can watch RotK a million times while I'm waiting, but my life just won't be complete until I know.

samIam
oooo I want to be in a moth fan club!!! cuz moths r kinda freakish and coolish!!! especially Tom's alter ego!

Exa
Yeeeeaah
exactly my opinion
welcome to the club :]

sauron
lol so how many clubs have we founded now?

Exa
Well, let's see... the nazgul-club; the witchking-club; the tommy-is-witchking-club; the moth-is-tommy-is-witchking-club; the nazgul-are-better-than-eagles-club; the legolas-is-stupid-club; well how many did I forget?
What about some Tavern for the clubs? stick out tongue

sauron
lol okiedokie

Exa
Our threads (which means threads somehow about witchy stick out tongue )

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23904
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23261
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14618
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22574
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22838
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23875
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19070
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22466

---- hey some are missing!! WHERE HAVE OUR NAZGUL THREADS GONE?

Aurora
ohhh I want to join a few of those clubs!

sauron
feel free, lol, we have four or something threads on nazgul....hehehe....i bet the bloomis are planning something big grin

Exa
No problem stick out tongue welcome wink

that would be some nice versus topic big grin bloomis agaist nazgulis against eaglis stick out tongue

Aurora
LOL I am sure we would get some very hateful "bloomies" they can be mean! But I think we could take them!

sauron
come on, we can take em

its a long way

toss me

*aragorn savours the moment gimli says that big grin* then realises that he meant throw and not aragorn immediate asumpyion

Exa
Yeah what about some war bloomis against Witchiiiies big grin

Heheee I was just reminded of some transcript of the film on a japanese website... they obviously didnt speak english very well hm they transcribed these lines "toast me" stick out tongue

Aurora
LOL, that is hilarious!!

sauron
it was the link i put up exa

in the spoof thread engrish one. its so good

Exa
erm - what? confused

sauron
its called engrish, where it showed the tt in pics and then what they translated i to

Exa
wherewhereWHERE? eek!

sauron
no what you saw, was it the engrish, its a link in the spoof page, page 20-30 somewhere lol

il look save you the trouble big grin

Exa
I was already searching for it... but Im still hanging around on page 4............
thx smile smile

sauron
is this is

http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/engrish/ttt_captions/index.htm

Exa
Thaaaank you smile smile

Oh no link doesnt work the stuff was deleted sad sad no

edit: thx, found it again smile

sauron
so was that it, or have i enlightened you to a whole new concept of hard-hearing japanese people

Exa
No I think that was it... lol... but I don't remember exactly I just remembered the toasting of Gimli big grin thx again

sauron
lmao off toast me

im gonna read it now

Exa
LoL laughing out loud laughing

erm backtotopic... strange how many favourite characters you actually can have :P

sauron
i know i mean i have witchy sauron boromir theoden, gimli gandalf merry n pippin sam (not frodo, hes just plain bitchy, so you have a ring messing with u, GET OVER IT) bilbo.......the moth.... gollum smeagl....elrond "welcome to rivendell, MR underhill"

Exa
LoL Mr Underhill big grin big grin

By the way, I think Il go off now *yawn* ... and go dreaming something about the moth and witchy and whoever... (witchy is hanging right over my bed love )

Ariadne
I think my favourite character changes daily. Today it is...Prince Imrahil.

sauron
sounds rather kinky big grin

im disturbed......

Kitoky
Prince Imrahil, father of Lothiriel, who is the wife of Eomer, queen of Rohan. big grin

Ariadne
mwahahahahha!

There was no point to that at all.

sauron
nice info kit, but i regret to say i must go now, first time we have been on at the same time all weekend, and now i gotta go

DAMN IT

Kitoky
Namarie Sauron!

sad So yeah....Eomer get's married!!! *sniff* To a princess too!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But I'm happy with Glorfindel. smile

Exa
stick out tongue
lol Glorfindel was my fav some months ago... but now I have witchy love and the moth big grin and of course the elf on the left side in the third row

sauron
lmao im gonna look for him exa big grin

sauron
and witchy hanging over your bed?!?!?!?! big grin

im quite worried about that

Exa
Witchking love ... and Gollum big grin

I watched RoTK again to day... awww he looks so cool... when he is dressed for war... love

Aurora
I want to make a claim on Figwit.

Exa
Got a bit offtop, didnt it?

Ok back to topic... thats IMPOSSIBLE... mothy was moved to the second page eek!
so what about some fantavern or something?

Mothy rulez!

Aurora
Second page? We can't have that!!!

FreddieFreeload
Oh crap. No we'll have the forum flooded with "The Moth is so cute" and "I wanna marry the moth"-threads. Some of you crazy folks will probably suggest "the moth" for best supporting insect.

Aurora
And why not? He absolutly held his own against wonderful actors like Christopher Lee and Ian McKellen. I think he should be awarded something.

Discos
Ah you didnt think I would miss out this topic, this is the moth! almost the keeper of the eagles and you know how I like my eagles.

The moth is infact a very good thing for the lord of the rings, i would of better my last buck that if that moth didnt turn up for gandalf that the fellowship would have failed as so much depended on gandalf, lets see - Mary & Pippin would have been classed as Orcs by Treebeard and probably been killed

The riders of rohan would not have been contacted and Helms Deep would have failed,

Gondor would have failed if Gandalf didnt stop the insane Steward and took control

Perhaps Frodo still would have destroyed the ring but would nto have made it back out of Mount doom.....LOL now we come back to the moth who came again and Frodod was saved

Discos - Even the smallest creatures can make the greatest difference.

sauron
best supporting insect you say.....hmmm well he did do a good job mind you

Discos
it did infact, I wonder if there would be any other compeition, perhaps best supporting animal/not human-ish, something out of bugs life would be the closest insect I know of in a movie.

sauron
erm, there was a film called antz

but he would have competition at home in M E

balrogs
the watcher
tom bombadil (if you say hes not an animal il just say "what is he then" so dont try people please)
other moths
BILL THE PONY
gimli (<<<<NEWT)

pinksuezo
i dont know if this was mentioned already, but the moth was gandalfs link to radagast the brown, another istari, or wizard, who could communicate with all sorts of winged creatures. in the books, i believe he lives by the misty mountains (or meets gandalf there), which is where the eagles live. radagast is described as less wise than the other istari, as he had become more of a local celebrity/druid than a maia dediacted to wiping out sauron, and so his role was minor in the books.

sauron
eurgh the moth obviously better than radagast

i hate radagast...other names include 'The Fool' < and thats actually true

Suzuka
The moth?? He did rule smile Though I wonder who he lived that long, moths usually live like...a day....maybe you're right and he's a special moth that lives for about a month, that would be cool smile the moth was played by a "gum emperor moth" if you wanted to know more about little mothy there...he does rock though smile I like his little wings and the music that goes with him..if he has his own theme music he's gotta be cool, LEGOLAS doens't have HIS own music! so HA

Discos
ah you just sprung something to mind Sauron - "other moths", perhaps it wasnt the same moth which appeared at the black gate

sauron
no it was, i can tell big grin

Elenelda
So can I! It was definately the same one, it had the same wings!

Discos
Yes, all moths are different......thats the one thing they have in commonbig grin

Exa
big grin
and what is the problem about it?
Mothy love IS actually so cute big grin (and even more cute as it's actually WITCHYYYY wink wink )

Best supporting insects? Ok here Mothy is definitely the absolute favourite.

By the way, the moth was totally computergenerated, while on the other hand the crew says they had to breed it extra for the film (being some kind whose name I cannot really remember in English... german is "Nachtpfauenauge", which would translate to "Night-Peacock's-Eye" big grin nice name, isnt it?).... ssssstrange.

Aurora
Best Supporting Insect!! Look at his competition: The worm that Smeagol uses when he is fishing and the Worm Gollum eats ( although that preformance was good) I still say the award would go to Mothy!! He just shines in his preformance!!!

Exa
Yeah did you notice how perfect he manages the expressions of his face? And how absolutely even-more-perfect he fits in his role as Mothy? Amazing love

Aurora
Simply Amazing!!! I can't think of anyone else who could have filled the role!

Exa
Me not too... Awww and his perfect costume love

Aurora
And he looks so comfortable in front of the camera, In fact I heard he it is his first starring role. Can you imagine the pressure he was under? And he was so calm and composed... Wonderful acting!!! love

Exa
Really? His first role? Wow thumb up he did a great job.

Definitely deserved some award.

Aurora
along with Best Supporting Insect I believe he deserves Best Breakthrough Preformance!

Exa
loTR should also get Best Makeup and Best Costumes for him, I think.

Aurora
Def. best Makeup. They had to un-beautify him to let Ian look normal in the scene. Otherwise he would have outshined Ian. But even with the makeup he shines!!!

Suzuka
I already said it was a gum emperor moth...the one shoot with it in Gandalf's hand is an actually moth, the rest is CG

Exa
Thank you smile smile

Suzuka
your welcome! (gag, spam! stick out tongue)

Aurora
Omg We let Mothy fall to the middle of the 2nd page. What were we thinking. We let him down!

Exa
Oh noooo poor gum emperor moth!! *hugs mothy*

Does Mothy actually have a name?

cheney
the moth has to be magical cos there is no other way a lil moth with its lil wings could flap all the way to gandalf n yaddah yaddah without havin a serious breakdown

Aurora
huh? Mothy having a breakdown? Impossible!

Kitoky
Mothy can be hyper and and and can like flap all around....oh that reminds me, who the Butterfly Effect preview while going to see RotK?

Aurora
Oh I did, It looks like it is gonna be good. Ashton K in a serious role? Could be interesting.

Kitoky
Looks really scary....I can't really stand scary stuff. XD

Exa
Even though mothy wasnt in the book (I think) Tolkien thought about moths...

From the conversation of the mortal woman Andreth and the elf Finrod, her comment about her love to the elf Aegnor (whom she compares to a light flame, based on his name)

"Do candles pity moths?"

"... or moths candles, when the wind blows them out?"

Thorondor
i thought the moth was a cool touch smile so were lots of things that aren't in the book....especially that green blast that comes from Minas Morgul

Exa
lol yey... in the book there was at least "green light" big grin

I loved the moth, watched her again today in FoTR... she looks SO great... and her movements stick out tongue lol

Discos
yep, Mothy ruled and was a sign for the eagles to take their part in Nazgul death!!!mwahaha

Discos - Mothys name here forth shall be called "Steve", I will also allow "stevey"

Exa
Steve? Ok...

AGAINST the nazgul? aww NO no way... Mothy is Witchy...

Thorondor
the music that was composed with the moth also ruled smile the moth scenes would suck without the music big grin

Iirima

Thorondor
i preferred mothy sad

Exa
I also like mothy... but I think Stevie is a nice name for him smile

Thorondor
thought it was a her blink lol

Exa
big grin maybe... but I dont think so... stick out tongue must be a him

Thorondor
maybe its a herm lmao

Discos
meh, couldnt actually tell in the scenes which "steve" was in.

sauron
i call him by his alter egis

withcy tom bombadil and treebeard

Discos
lol, not that again, I remember the thread a while back

Discos - Tom is mysterious

sauron
*cough*

Discos
The moth is an excuse for Eagos

sauron
nice nice nice nice story discos

Exabyte
I dreamt of Mothy the other day no expression

I'm bored blink

Fëanor
eek! omg!!!

so did i!!! odd, isn't it huh

JohnnyBloom
I'd like to say I'd dreamt of the moth too but I havn't - am i depprived?

Fëanor
by one half

JohnnyBloom
embarrasment !!! i don't believe it!
I don't think i can stand this!

Fëanor
not to worry, not to worry

make some tea, add a smidgen of puerto rican rum, a pinch of sugar to taste, let seep for a minute or so

now here's the trick, you can't sip it you've got to down it quick or it'll lose it's affect

JohnnyBloom
right ok ... i'm on it

Aurora
OMG I jumped on here to just look around and I see our beautiful Mothy page revived!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY!

But I do have to ask where is Tommy and Witchy?????

Fëanor
OMG!!!!!!!!eek!

AURORA!!!

how ya been? how's AD? hows the baby? how's life treatin' you?

omgomgomg!!!

*panting*

JohnnyBloom
Aurora - can i just say i LOVE your avvie!

Aurora

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by Aurora

wink Thanks JohnnyBloom, I was the Original Dom Fanatic on here!!!!

good good - glad to know someone decent started us off!!!

Fëanor
Wow If I got a welcome like that every time I got on I would be on everyday..... that is if I didn't have a screaming baby to take care of stick out tongue .

I'm great, AD is great, and the baby is great if he would quit crying long enough to smile wink I actually thought of you a lil while ago. We moved and were packing and we had to take down your gift to us. It still reminds us of when we first met. big grin big grin

How are you doing? Still stirrin' up trouble in here?? cool I miss it on here sometimes..... sad

wink Thanks JohnnyBloom, I was the Original Dom Fanatic on here!!!! cry i remember....i actually felt good when i did that....

one day you'll realize how quiet it'll be when the baby stops crying and you'll go blink whoah

and as for trouble....as much mischief i can dish out...oh yeah!!!
and i'm doing fine under the circumstances....and we all miss you guys

xXLauriëXx
Wow If I got a welcome like that every time I got on I would be on everyday..... that is if I didn't have a screaming baby to take care of stick out tongue .

I'm great, AD is great, and the baby is great if he would quit crying long enough to smile wink I actually thought of you a lil while ago. We moved and were packing and we had to take down your gift to us. It still reminds us of when we first met. big grin big grin

How are you doing? Still stirrin' up trouble in here?? cool I miss it on here sometimes..... sad

wink Thanks JohnnyBloom, I was the Original Dom Fanatic on here!!!!
you actually have more than one baby to take care of now you know, if you take a trip to the LotR Family Tree thread and scroll up a few pages... laughing out loud

JohnnyBloom
too many families here - in one i have parents and two siblings, and in the other i have no parents .... totally confusing!

Fëanor
that's cuz in the other...i'm not known

Aurora

Fëanor
hehehe....the demanding husband

who'd of thought big grin

later aurora and you too AD

A.D. Skinner
Me Demanding ??? I think not ! I am quite the good husband. Caring and thoughtful, loving and supportive. smile

Smodden
^Correct! 500 points for Mr. Skinner.

JohnnyBloom

Fëanor
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Me Demanding ??? I think not ! I am quite the good husband. Caring and thoughtful, loving and supportive. smile why....if i didn't know it - that describes me to a tee eek!Originally posted by JohnnyBloom
yup- totally! like...omg for sure...barf me out!!

Smodden
laughing out loud

JohnnyBloom
laughing

Elessea
laughing out loud

hee...its a pattern

JohnnyBloom
laughing
hee...just to continue the pattern

Fëanor
huh

Mandos
You know the original subject of this thread was a moth?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>