Survivor's Quest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Has anyone heard about this book? There's an advertisement in Star Wars Insider about it....I am going to check it out soon....see what I can dig up...the cover art features luke and Mara......interesting
oh and it's by Timothy Zahn

Julie
go here
to amazon. com and search for survivor's quest...it's got a good description under more details

yerssot
is that the one post-njo?

Volundro Ramm
its Timothy Zhans new book. set before the NJO

Volundro Ramm
comes out February

Julie
yahoo.......I already ordered it......uh I'll probably be too busy to read it...but at least I'll have it....

Volundro Ramm
I reckon, and more or less guarantee that it'll be a great book. The write ups ive read about the story line sound real good. Definatly a must read! it is Zhan after all.

Julie
true....true.....I'm eager to test that theory...everything else I've read by Zahn has been awesome

Volundro Ramm
So, the books out. Has anyone read it yet? ive put down the boring Force heretic sries and started on this, and find it really refreshing. Ive only read the first chapter and im already hooked. Zhans a great Star Wars Author.

Julie
I have not read it yet...I'm planning on reading Ruins of Dantooine first...but I did read a SW Insider magazine article on it ....and I will definately read the book some time

VengeanceGOD
Ohhhhhh, it's PRE-NJO. That makes so much more sense. I read the book jacket and thought, "Why the hell is Zahn writing about the New Republic? There IS no more New Republic!"

Julie
Yes yes pre NJo.....it looks awesome and it should be if it's 3/4 as good as most of Zahn's other books

Julie
I just finished Survivor's Quest a few days ago....here are my thoughts:
Excellent startoff....it drags out at a few points but overall Zahn doesn't disappoint.

Mara's got a style all of her own...Zahn doesa a great job of bringing her to life....

There's lots of action....old destroyer droids are back for a few scenes....new bad guys are ok.....but the plot twists make it interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.