Dethenor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dyl
I think they missed a huge part in the story, by not saying that Dethenor has a palantir, it explains a lot, most of the things he does and says. They kind of insinuate (spelling?) it, ("I have seen more than you know..."wink but, you wouldn't pick up on it unless you've read the books, and I Think that part's pretty important to that part of the story. Well, what do you think??

nazgulinthedark
i think they should have made him sit on the rock and burn to death too, do it exactly like in the book

Kitoky
Well I'm hoping that, that's one of the things that'll be in the EE. Denethor having the palantir would explain alot, but they threw in the quote where the soldier said that the Denethor has forseen it. So that kind of gives you a thought that the Denethor somehow has something like Saruman has.

And I really think that they should've showed a Flashback of the Denethor's past, and show that the Denethor was not always like that and it helps lighten the heavy madness of 'oh my gosh the Denethor is so evil' ' I hate his guts.' I actually pity him more then actually hate him.

mors823
He committed double suicide. He wanted to kill himself by fire, but chickened out and went crazy and jump. He wanted a faster death, I guess. I don't know if they even filmed that scene, so there's a chance it might not be seen.

PippinTook
I really didn't care how he died. His death was good in the book and in the movie, but I kind of liked him jumping of the seventh layer of Minis Tirith instead of just sitting on a rock. Both were equally good deaths, alghough. I know I should pity him, but he was about to murder Faramir! And, even though it wasn't in the movie, he knew he was alive! In the movie, he thought he was dead. Either that or didn't want him to be alive mad but in the book, he knew that he was alive, but then again he had obviously lost his mind. Just as Pippin said. Ahh well, it's late, my brain's confused, and I have no idea what I'm typing right now haha.

Exa

Kitoky
Well I guess Denethor helped kill SOME orcs, atleast by jumping off while fighting 3rd degree burns.

Again I really think they should've shown his past of a noble man that he was and he shrunk down to being how he was in the movie. That way SOME of us don't have the wrong idea that he's this evil guy who needs to be kicked in the ass all the time.

Noble did an excellent job of portraying Denethor.

Discos
I would agree there, I think there was a discussion about this a while back. He was going very insane and even my friend afterwards (who didnt read the book) was asking why he was going insane, he was saying that Faramir and Denethor's gaurds should not of carried out his orders and detained him....sort of like Milosovich smile

But in the end gandalf sort of did it himself and told him to stuff his authority - his men would not let Gondor fall

Ariadne
I wish they had said that Denethor had the Palantir because he wouldn't have been crazy and suicidal if it hadn't been for Sauron brainwashing him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.