Any John Mayer fans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~*Bellabee*~
I think his music is great.His lyrocs mean something and they hit home.Heaver Things is his best work,and I would pay big money to see him in concert.Anyone with me? smile

Spitfire-1337
I think hes a moron...it sounds like his mouth is full of saliva when he sings and his lyrics suck....but thats just my opinion

blackpearlbabe1
i Love John Mayer love
He Rocks rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing love Happy Dance Happy Dance

smittenkitten
I can't stand him. Crap music. Crap lyrics. Crap.

-Smitten Kitten-

in flames
never heard of him.

smittenkitten
Count your blessings.

-Smitten Kitten-

Darth Revan
ugh... I hate John Mayer

he has a weird voice

Aurora
I think that he has a very sexy voice, it is different.....

nope, no john mayer fans

incuhead1024
im usually not into that kind of music, but hes got pretty good lyrics. shit, he wrote them himself and plays good on guitar. not like a lot of the bullshit punk singers getting paid to look pretty.

iLoVeOrLaNdO
i like him. he's hot big grin and his musics good

Belladonna
Yeah I like him!! I wanna go to his concert here in June, but meh.. tickets are really expensive and I'm pretty much broke, lol.

His music is great - he looks great too. =P

scoreoneforme
I think that all of you that say you hate John Mayer are morons. Obviously you don't have an ear for good music and you would rather listen to music that is computer generated with lyrics that repeat themselves a thousand times. John Mayer is truly original in that he can write AND sing his own songs. He doesn't care only about his self-image, he cares about making music that people enjoy and can relate to. You can't say that about many people. His lyrics have true meaning and are significant to what kind of a person he is and what he stands for. That's just my opinion so all of you Britney fans can go back to listening to songs that have no meaning. Period.

Darth Revan
None of the people who posted in this thread are Britney fans, as far as I know. If there is one genre I absolutely can't stand, it's pop. Most people who post in the music forum are the same way. I listen to bands like Incubus, Nirvana, Metallica, Green Day, blink-182, Pearljam, SOAD, in short anything BUT what you described. Incubus lyrics have just as much meaning as John Mayer's, and Brandon Boyd has a fantastic voice.

scoreoneforme
First of all, don't criticize him because his music is sometimes considered to be pop. I believe that his music can be considered pop because the majority of his audience are girls. Many of them merely listen to his music because they think he's hot. I listen to him because I understand his music and can relate to his lyrics (being hot is just a bonus). I think the only reason why you "hate" him is because his music can be considered pop. Do me a favor, look out the window and tell me if you can see flying pigs. If you do, then John's voice is weird. And if you think that Brandon Boyd's voice is better...you need your hearing checked.

muse5
get this, he went to my high school, one of my friends at my work who's older knew him back then, i'm not lying, he went to fairfield high and that's where i go, he's an ok singer

smittenkitten
Score, I'll criticize him for being a shitty musician. I think it's funny that you claim if I don't like him, I must not know what good music is. Talk about hypocrisy. You want quality music? Pick up some Tool, My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails, Einstuerzende Neubauten, KMFDM, Led Zeppelin, Flaming Lips, Kinks or something of equal quality - John Mayer is NOT in that group.

If you can relate to his crappy lyrics and actually feel something when you listen to his music, you're most likely an idiot. But I gleaned that already.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
wow..that so awesome that he went to your high school and one of your friends knew him!! And as for you smitten..i don't have anything to say to you other than go to hell. I am not going to argue with you anymore because honestly, I don't give a shit what you think. Go and talk in some forum where people might give a damn what you say and have the same interests as you. I'm not the one wasting my time and energy by going into forums of bands that I am not interested in and saying shit about them to create arguments. Now who's the idiot?!? Seriously...grow up.

smittenkitten
It's funny that you claim to be all high and mighty, so above petty internet fights, when you earlier insisted that people who don't like John Mayer are morons. Riiiight.

Can anyone say 'hypocrite'?

I think I just pissed you off because I'm right. As usual. Now respond in inanity like a good little puppet

And, lastly, I'm not insulting John Mayer to spur fights...I'm insulting him because music today is so pathetic, and it weighs heavily on my soul.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
Don't have to spit my words back to me. I know what I said. I am not an idiot nor am I a hypocrite..I believe that anyone who says they hate John Mayer is a moron because hate is such a strong word. I don't hate any type of music..of course there are types of music that I dislike but at least I don't go into those forums and say that I hate them. You would be pissed too if I went into a Tool or KMFDM forum and started saying shit like they suck and I hate them. You say that you don't purposely try to start fights...did you ever think to not say anything?! Oh wait...I see what happened. Your gigantic ego got in the way of your thought processes. "Because I'm right. As usual." Talk about egotistical... Although I disagree, I can live with the fact that you think John has a "weird" voice but you can't deny the fact that he is a great guitar player. Maybe you should criticize someone with NO talent such as Hilary Duff...although she has mastered the art of lip syncing quite well. Do yourself a favor and stop criticizing music that other people enjoy. It's just not worth it. Turn on MTV and you will find your pathetic music such as Britney, Hilary and Usher. You can criticize them. Think about it...they would be nothing without their computer generated music and lyrics. John Mayer can make amazing music without any of that. Oh and by the way...you need to work on your massive ego. It will not get you anywhere in life.

smittenkitten
You're such a tool. I knew you couldn't resist responding.

a) I never said hate, I said I couldn't stand him.

b) I didn't say he had a weird voice, I said he had a crap voice.

c) "Talk about egotistical..." Apparently you didn't pick up on the facetiousness there. Hah hah.

"Maybe you should criticize someone with NO talent such as Hilary Duff...although she has mastered the art of lip syncing quite well."

Don't worry your pretty little head - I do criticize the no-talents, like Evanescence and Britney Spears. And while John Mayer may have some talent, it's still crap.

"Do yourself a favor and stop criticizing music that other people enjoy. It's just not worth it."

I'm sure some people like Hilary Duff. Don't be such a douche, if you can manage it.

"John Mayer can make amazing music without any of that."

Wait - where? Amazing music? From John Mayer? Sounds like a crock to me...let me listen to his music...yeah, that's a crock.

"Oh and by the way...you need to work on your massive ego. It will not get you anywhere in life."

a) What on earth makes you think I would ever listen to anything you say? You've already proved you're a total hypocrite, not to mention mindless.

b) I guess that explains why I'm so unhappy and have no good friends and a shitty family life. (Since you couldn't tell before, let me spell it out for you - I was being facetious.)

Are we done here? Because, while I find this very amusing, I think you're wasting your time.

-Smitten Kitten-

forumcrew
ive been told i look like him.. his music is pretty good too

scoreoneforme
Is there a reason why you have to quote my every sentence word for word and criticize it? Didn't I already say that you don't have to spit my words back to me because I know what I said? If I am such a "tool" then how come YOU can't resist responding every time?! Wait..what is that called again?! Hypocritical?! What?! I never criticized Hilary Duff...I simply said that if anyone should be criticized..it should be her, NOT John Mayer. Wow..facetious is quite a big word for you. Did your mommy tell you what that meant? Oh and you're telling me that I'm wasting my time?! Are you kidding me?!?! You're the one outlining my sentences to give your shitty little opinions! Save that for english class. I'm glad you're amused by all of this because I sure am not. You go ahead and keep criticizing everyone. Obviously you're so badass that you don't think you have to listen to anyone. So go ahead..be a "tool" and respond. I dare you.

smittenkitten
Heh, I like how you try to turn this around and use my own tactics against me. You're really bad at arguing; you should just stop.

"I never criticized Hilary Duff..."

I don't see how that's relevant in the least, considering I said nothing to that effect.

And, yes, I don't have to listen to anyone. You're not; why should I? Practice what you preach and all that jazz. If you believe in a god, the god obviously gave humans free will. If you don't, then hey, who's to say we can't do what we want?

It's not hypocritical for me to respond, because I really don't care about this and don't get offended by any of this, while you seem to take personal insult to me telling the truth about John Mayer (which is supremely pathetic, btw). If you don't want to fight, stop responding. It's that simple, and I felt I had to explain that to you since you keep contradicting yourself and have trouble comprehending basic English.

See, I *like* arguing, especially with idiots like you who have no idea what they're doing. Note how you tried to pawn my 'big word' off on my mother. Note how I used that word correctly several times. Note the lack of many spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors in my posts. Note that my arguments are thorough and logical. Note that you're a moron, not me. And be done.

(Actually, I would love it if you respond, this is really starting to get funny.)

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
Well I'm glad you're amused. I hope you have fun sitting at your computer because I am off to see John Mayer in concert. I am done talking to you. I will not let you have the last word. Goodbye.

smittenkitten
I do have fun sitting at my computer, after going to school, the gym, and work. I like to call it 'relaxing.'

*snort* Have fun at your concert. Keep deluding yourself into thinking John Mayer is talented. Guess what, he came to the city I live in, and I DIDN'T GO!

Wait, what? I don't get the last word? DAMMIT!

-Smitten Kitten-

word

scoreoneforme
I hardly consider sitting at the computer pissing off random people on the internet is relaxing. I will have an amazing time at the concert while you sit here staring at the screen wasting brain cells you wish you had while I am out enjoying my life. You will not have the last word. Give up.

vagaryatwill
Word! That Britney Spears kills me. She gets paid bank to lip sing, and she's terrible at it.

scoreoneforme
Haha I just can't stand that smitten kitten and refuse to let him have the last word. That's like winning the argument. I saw Britney on vh1 yesterday and I swear...she really was lip syncing. I definitely agree with that quote too. Not many people can write their own lyrics, sing and play the guitar.

smittenkitten
Aw, you can't stand me? That's so sweet!

But I'm not a guy. What guy in his right mind would pick a handle like 'Smitten Kitten'? You just prove your stupidity more in every post.

"I hardly consider sitting at the computer pissing off random people on the internet is relaxing."

Well, we're talking about me here, and *I* like it. If you can't comprehend that, a) I don't care, and b) it's not my problem.

I like how your arguments have dwindled from at least trying to persuade with (shitty) logic to just being completely infantile. You can't even adequately support your end and you want *me* to give up? I suppose that makes sense.

"I will have an amazing time at the concert while you sit here staring at the screen wasting brain cells you wish you had while I am out enjoying my life."

I'm not sure how going on the internet is wasting brain cells, and I'm not sure why you think I need more (because, obviously, if anyone is in dire need of increased mental capacity it's *not* me), and I'm glad that you can derive such pleasure out of such crap, because your life is actually probably really dismal.

"You will not have the last word. Give up."

Blah blah blah. Your words and attempts at cleverness are futile and sad. If you want, we can do this until we're both old and arthritic. It's up to you.

-Smitten Kitten-

Neon83
Hey Shitten Kitten-

Do us all a favor and shut the hell up. Nobody gives a shit about your narrow-minded opinions. Face it- you're outnumbered here.

smittenkitten
*cough cough* Troll! *cough cough* How convenient that you joined today and have made ONE post! And that one post is nothing other than attempt to ridicule and humiliate me (but you failed)!

Oooh, wow, that was clever. 'Shitten Kitten'! Nice one!

A) Call them narrow-minded, but my opinions are, in fact, educated, as I have been extensively trained in music theory.

B) Freedom of speech, moron. Guess what, I can say whatever I want! And you can ***** and moan all you want, but it won't change anything!

So boo f*ckin' hoo. Of course I'm going to be outnumbered in a thread created to praise John Mayer. Duh. But I still don't see why that means I shouldn't say anything....do you know what that sort of thing leads to? THINGS LIKE THE HOLOCAUST OF WORLD WAR II! So yes, I will be the voice of dissent, and save the masses from horrible listening. Or I'll try. I have a heavy load to carry; if anything, you should feel sorry for me.

Or, really, more for yourself, as you are equally mindless.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
NO ONE WILL EVER F*CKING FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. Don't you ever talk about the Holocaust as if it were anything less than important. I have relatives that were killed in the Holocaust you f*cking heartless b*tch. For all I know, you could be a transvestite but I could truthfully care less. You say that you don't have an enormous ego?! Ask any person to read this and I guarantee they would all agree that you are very egotistical. You think that you are the best at everything. You insist on calling every single person that you come into contact with shallow and mindless because they have strong opinions which, of course, are not as good as yours. You do not make strong arguments. You are a pathetic human being. Why do you try to put people down and say crap about something they enjoy? There is absolutely no reason for it. I have seen some other forums and this is not the only one that you do it in. Why would it give you pleasure? Don't f*cking lie and say that it doesn't. Why can't you just go into some forums where people have the same interests and chat with them positively instead of telling people that the music they like sucks because obviously some internet junkie like yourself is not going to change anyone's mind. Think about it.

smittenkitten
Yes, because I was being *serious* about comparing what I'm doing on this forum to the Holocaust. (That was sarcasm, as well, since you seem to need it made blatantly clear.) I can't believe you're actually dumb enough to think I meant that.

Why does it give me pleasure? Because it's amusing to see people like you get riled up about the most idiotic things ever.

'You say that you don't have an enormous ego?! Ask any person to read this and I guarantee they would all agree that you are very egotistical.'

Wait...I never said I /wasn't/ egotistical. Besides, it's not that I'm egotistical, really - I just recognize what is true and good. I'm being realistic; most people aren't as smart as me. Which explains my fantastic taste in music, and other people's poor taste.

Why would you care what I say, since you seem to think I'm so utterly worthless and pathetic? Hypocrite!

"they have strong opinions which, of course, are not as good as yours."

You said it, not me.

"obviously some internet junkie like yourself"

This is especially funny considering the following, which you should really think about:

a) You reply as well. You're on the internet just as much as I am, and probably more.

b) I said above that I come online inbetween going to school, the gym, doing homework, and going to work.

Maybe you're intentionally getting more and more stupid with every post, in order to amuse me? If so, that's so sweeeet! Thank you!!!! Keep it up!

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
I am not going to argue with you anymore. You make terrible arguments and I am f*cking tired of reading them. I would much rather chat with someone such as Neon83 who has similar interests as me.

Neon83
you know what smitten? i'm trying to see things from your point of view, except i can't shove my head that far up my ass. seriously.

"That was sarcasm, as well, since you seem to need it made blatantly clear." Have you ever thought that maybe YOU are the hypocrite? When scoreone said "they have strong opinions which, of course, are not as good as yours." she was OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic. Maybe it's YOU that it needs to be made "blatantly clear" for!

smittenkitten
""they have strong opinions which, of course, are not as good as yours." she was OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic. Maybe it's YOU that it needs to be made "blatantly clear" for!"

Yeah, I knew she was being sarcastic, considering my response. Further, you ended that sentence in a preposition. BAD TROLL!

How convenient that you replied, and now scoreone is on!

Really, score, be a little less obvious in your trolling. I may report this trolling to the mods.

You're not going to argue with me anymore? For shame! I thought you said I would NEVER get the last word!

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. And it looks like you have. Ta ta.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
Oooh I'm scared....if anyone should be reported its you. Just because I'm not arguing doesn't mean you will have the last word.

Neon83
so you're implying that score is me?....

now who is being the idiot?!?

smittenkitten
Uh...wouldn't you just be beating a dead horse, then?

You never told me why it bothers you what I think, because obviously, it does. Otherwise you wouldn't get so angry. I'm so flattered I have such influence on you!

-Smitten Kitten-

smittenkitten
Let's see, you're both on at the same time, you've only responded in this thread to berate me, you automatically support scoreone...sounds like a troll to me.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
I don't care what you think. I already told you that I'm not going to argue with you anymore which would also mean that I am not here to berate you.

Neon83
nope

scoreoneforme
So are we all done arguing? I seriously hope so.

Neon83
I agree score.

scoreoneforme
So have you been to any JM concerts?

Neon83
Yes! I've been to a few. I love seeing him in concert. He really knows how to connect with the audience! How about you, have you been to any?

scoreoneforme
Yup...I've been to four so far but I'm going again tomorrow night in Kenosha, Wisconsin!! I'm so excited!! He really does know how to connect with the audience...have you ever seen him do that thing with his guitar where he makes it sound like its talking and he has a conversation with it?! It's the funniest thing ever!!

smittenkitten
Nope, we're not done. Word word word.

-Smitten Kitten-

Word.

scoreoneforme
Lol you can't be serious. We already said that we don't want to argue so find someone else in another forum who will...I'm sure there are lots of other people who can make you laugh as much as we did.

smittenkitten
I'm not arguing anymore. Now I'm just being a jackass for the sake of being a jackass. Enjoy while you can.

John Mayer is really a joke, though.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
Fine

smittenkitten
I'm glad that your rage has turned to apathy. *Now* you're acting true to what you say. I like consistancy.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
I never had rage....just strong opinions.

smittenkitten
Hypocrisy again! I believe you were pretty angry when I mentioned the Holocaust. I guess asking consistancy was too much.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
I'll agree with you on that one. You just pushed me a little bit too far on that subject.

smittenkitten
Despite the fact that it was obviously facetious.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
I know it was but I just thought that this argument was out of place for such a stong subject to be mentioned and it made me mad.

Neon83
yeah, i did see the guitar convo... i think that might have been the highlight of the night. it was very cool.

scoreoneforme
Yeah..it definitely was. I'd never seen anything like that before!!

Darth Revan
My God. I can't believe I'm meeting someone who thinks John Mayer sings better than Brandon Boyd AND is a good guitarist. Do you play the guitar? If so, then cool. But if you don't.... Well, don't go judging people on their musical talent. I don't play the guitar, so I'm not going to say he's a bad guitarist. I honestly can't tell. It's just that I've never met a person who thinks he's a talented guitarist.

And I can think of ten lyricists off the top of my head who are better than John Mayer. "Your Body is a Wonderland"? Gimme a f***ing break. That is anything but deep.

Darth Revan
And one thing that really irritates me about JM's lyrics is how so many of them are about the same thing

nazgulinthedark
kill john mayer kill him!!

scoreoneforme
It just so happens that I do play the guitar and it really is hard...I don't think I'll ever be as good as him. Oh and if you think that Incubus's lyrics are better and more meaningful...you're kidding yourself. There is nothing wrong with writing a song about a relationship with a woman anyway because thats what Your Body is a Wonderland is about. Don't even f*cking criticize that song because I know for a fact that Incubus has lame ass songs such as I Miss You that are about the same topic.

smittenkitten
"Damn baby You frustrate me
I know you're mine all mine all mine
But you look so good it hurts sometimes"

Yeah, those are great lyrics! So meaningful!

-Smitten Kitten-

Darth Revan
You're missing my point. I'm not saying people shouldn't write songs about relationships with women, I'm saying that they shouldn't have most of their songs be about that. On top of which, "Your Body is a Wonderland" really isn't about a relationship--it's just about some guy who met a really hot girl and wants to sleep with her. I know I'm being blunt, but if you read the lyrics, that really does sound like what he's trying to say.

The John Mayer album, "Room For Squares" has thirteen songs on it. Out of those thirteen, four are about relationships/women. The Incubus album, "A Crow Left of the Murder", has fourteen songs on it. ONE of those is about a girl, "Southern Girl". At least it has a good sound. I'm not saying love songs are bad, just that people start to get numb to them if you have too many on the same damn album.

Guess whose song this is? Not John Mayer's.

Two people touching lips
Hands on each other's hips
Nothing else in the world but one another

The 42nd floor
On a distant shore
I wonder how we strayed so far from this

Remember when we were
Just flesh and bone. You sir,
May have forgotten how good your world could be

So, put down your hollow tips
And kiss your lovers lips
And know that fate is what you make of it

Please end this
Before it ends us

I wanna stay inside
I wanna stay inside for good
I wanna stay inside
For good

I read the news today
And everything they say
Just makes me want to stay inside

And a better part of me knows
That waiting in the throes
Is all on par with reading with my eyes closed

"What Can I do?", You say
It's just another day
In the life of Apes with ego trips

Please end this
Before it ends us

I wanna stay inside
I wanna stay inside for good
I wanna stay inside
Don't want to stay inside for good

And anybody who says JM has a better voice than Brandon Boyd doesn't know what a talented vocalist sounds like.

scoreoneforme
Wow I'm so touched by those lyrics. I'm not stupid..I know what song that is. Do you even know what Agoraphobia is? Its technically a fear of being in public places and being around others. What a great thing to write a song about! Seriously though...you're being completely critical of him for the lyrics to one damn song. Get real.

How about this song?

You're all I ever wanted
Southern girl
Could you want me?

So come outside and walk with me
We'll try each other on to see if we fit
And with our roots, become a tree
To shade what we make, under it

We'll behave like animals
Swing from tree to tree
We can do anything
That turns you up and sets you free

You wanna talk about some pathetic lyrics?!

Don't get me wrong though. I'm not saying that I hate Incubus or anything because I definitely don't...nor would I go into other forums and say shit about other bands like all of you but that's beside the point. I can respect anyone who can write their own lyrics and play their own music anytime because that's what real musicians do. I just think that there is no reason why any of you should be saying all this shit about him. I am behind him 100% and I see no reason for you to waste your time and energy to get me or anyone else for that matter to think any differently because it will not happen. If you're smart, you'll knock this shit off. It's really starting to get pathetic.

smittenkitten
Or you responding is pathetic.

Again, why would you care what we think? That's *truly* pathetic. Why bother if you know it only leads to arguing?

-Smitten Kitten-

Darth Revan
I knew you would know that song. And I know just as well what Agoraphobia is. It's an interesting topic, it's not all worn out and trampled like the ol' love thing. Megalomaniac is even better though... Anyways, I DID MENTION SOUTHERN GIRL IN MY LAST POST.

And I agree with you that arguing on the internet is possibly the most pointless activity on the face of the earth. Still, it remains one of my favorite passtimes wink .

Anyways, this is a thread about John Mayer, so what's wrong with people posting their opinions about him? Plus, if you remember, it was you who originally called us "pop fans". To me, that's an insult, as to many other people here.

So, all I'm trying to say is, I really don't like John Mayer. Enough said.

scoreoneforme
smitten...maybe you should open your f*cking eyes and see that I am not the one who started this new stupid little argument. I clearly said on the page before that I did not want to argue but for some insane reason darth decided to start one. I also know that you mentioned that song before but I thought everyone should be able to read its pathetic lyrics. Darth...didn't you already give your lame ass opinion anyway?! So why come back and say more shit like "My God. I can't believe I'm meeting someone who thinks John Mayer sings better than Brandon Boyd AND is a good guitarist." when you've clearly expressed the fact that you don't like John Mayer? You couldn't have seriously thought that it would not spark another fight. And for the record, I didn't say pop fans. I said Britney fans because how was I to know what type of music people on here listen to? Maybe they're the ones that you should be arguing with because I think that someone trying to prove how Britney is such a great artist would be much more entertaining than this. Don't you think?! Obviously you are not a Britney fan so you don't have terrible taste in music and you shouldn't be offended by anything that I said. I was simply mocking her because like I said before, I can't stand it when people who claim to be music artists can't write or sing their own songs.

Your words exactly.."enough said." Let's keep it that way and not say anymore.

smittenkitten
My eyes are open. You should avoid using expletives; they only lower what little credibility you have.

Further, so maybe Darth said something you didn't like. YOU CHOSE to respond. Nobody held a gun to your head. If you didn't want to argue, you wouldn't have responded. It's that simple.

-Smitten Kitten-

scoreoneforme
You're surely mistaken if you think that you have any more credibility than I do.

I definitely would not have responded had he not quoted my ENTIRE f*cking post.

You're right though...it is that simple.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.