Frodo's Body Markings {may contain spoilers}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kitoky
I've noticed in the RotK movie where they do a close up of his semi nude and you see the markings on his neck, do you suppose that those scars/marks were supposed to show us that the Ring really does get heavier? And Frodo was really telling us that it grows heavier is true, not just some phony dramatic stuff??

orlandoOYEA
That is what i was thinking. Makes me feel not as insane when i tell people that.

kalantiaw
i never noticed huh confused ...

Aurora
I noticed that also, I also noticed that not only does Frodo hold the ring alot he also rubbs his neck alot.

nazgulinthedark
there were two like stab marks on his chest, and i only remember him getting stabbed once, by the witchking, where did the other on come from

i think frodo was telling the truth

Aurora
I think the other might have been from where he got hit in Moria.

OrliNElijahsGrl
i think the marks that were on his neck and on his chest (not the stab wound) was from the actual ring, maybe as it was getting closer to mordor, it was actually starting to burn him as it was getting heavier

thats my theory on it and it seems someone told me about that too

ooo sexy body of lijs....OKAY staying in topic here

but yes thats what i think

nazgulinthedark
but he had his mithril coat on then

OrliNElijahsGrl
exactly, he couldnt of gotten a wound from the stab in moria, thats with the mithril is for

"light as a feather but thick as dragon scales" (something like that)

nazgulinthedark
thick as dragon skin is what i think bilbo said

OrliNElijahsGrl
OOO well i was close! hehehee

Aurora
Yes but it still knocked him out and in the book he was hurt, not mortally hurt but hurt. It might have been.

nazgulinthedark
i wouldn't know....maybe the witchking actually stabbed hium twice!! eek!

Aurora
I found this on TORn. I guess noone is sue for certain.

71. There is blood on Frodo's neck from carrying his 'heavy burden,' a circular scar on his chest from Shelob's sting (back of neck in the book) and a scar on his shoulder from the Morgul blade.

Reader update: I believe that the circular one is from the Cave Troll's spear, that he got in Moria. It's too well healed to be Shelob's bite and appears to be a bruise more than a cut wound.

Kitoky
Ok wait how the hell would Shelob's sting go through the mithril?? That just doesn't make sense that that marked was from Shelob's sting. If she just missed the mithril then it should've been more near the waist.

lkotbr33
it was in the neck

aragorniscool45
what about shelob????????

Freyja
The scars are: from Moria with the troll (in the book, some mithril rings cut into his skin, though they save him) from the Nazgul at Weathertop, the stuff about his neck is where the chain is irritating his skin. It does get heavier because it thinks its going back to its master, and therefore changes shape and size accordingly, if you recall! There is also the thing at the end of the ROTK film - about his finger. But I notice at the dock for the Grey Havens, it has magically reappeared! Ooh!

bLooMiLiCioUs
yeah i noticed that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!laughing out loud

Kitoky
That's in the book but in the movie they didn't show that he got hit in the neck, because we got a full shot of his face/semi-neck when he got stung....

Freyja
It was meant to be the back of his neck - the bit where it joins to the spine. But I don't know where Shelob stung him in the films!

Camellia
Does anybody have a picture of him that we could look at, please?confused

I seem to remember seeing a picture somewhere but I can't think wheresad

fini
he was stung in the belly, but it wouldn't have been too big.

the scar on his shoulder is from the witch king

the one on his chest is from the cave troll in moria, yes he had on the mithril coat but that hit would have still incured a sizable bruise or even a cut. The coat saved his life but did not leave him unscaved.

and the bruises around his neck is from the ring, remember it gets heavier and does weigh him down

Ariadne
I thought in the movie Shelob got Frodo somewhere on his chest instead of on the back of his neck where it's supposed to be.

I noticed the bruises on his neck and I figured it had to do with the ring but I couldn't figure out just what it was. It's kind of scary that the little chain gave him those bruises though.

aragorniscool45
yah thats what i thought.

Kitoky
But if he got him in the chest or in the bell how could that be possible because Frodo was wearing his mithril and if Shelob stung him around the chest area that defies all the laws about what mithril really is.

Ariadne
Quite true. Maybe it was on the back of his neck and I'm rememberring wrong. Or maybe it was just a movie mistake. I need to see RotK again.

telcontar
i cant remember who posted about Frodo's finger being there at the grey havens but you never see his left index finder during that scene you only see his right. (more clever camera work). i thought the same when i first watched that scene but as i've seen the film for the fourth time now, i am pretty sure you never see his left hand during the grey havens.

The markings on Frodo. The marks around his neck are visual marks from the chain and the ring to emphasize the weight and burden. One of the body wounds is from Weathertop and the other is either from Moria and is a bruise or (though it doesn't make sense) from when Shelob stung frodo.

Kitoky
Erm ok....Well it's nice to know I'm not dillusional.... wacko

Aurora
NEVER!!! big grin

Kitoky
The first time I saw it I was amazed by his nudeness that I didn't pay attention to this head, I was gazing at the lower areas. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.