ESB - Not my Favorite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I don't know why but ESB is not my favorite star wars movie.

In my mind all the star wars movies are awesome and far better than any movie smile However, for some reason I liked Jedi better. I think it's because of the happy ending in Jedi.....I'm kinda the romantic sappy type who wants things to turn out right.......well in most things anyway.

ESB was a great movie just not as good at the others.....but I do admit the bitter sweet ending made Jedi what it was by setting it up just right.

yerssot
how do you mean not sappy enough?
Han and Leia kissed, they told each other they loved eachother, what do you want then? Kids running around?

Ushgarak
HERETIC!!!!!!!

Sorry. Well, ESB is certainly my favourite by a good margin. A perfect mix of action and character development, with no time wasted setting up characters and tying up the plot, and it is the only film where the Empire actually looked like a credible threat. In ANH they were dangerous but flawed, in ROTJ they were just RUBBISH. In ESB the Rebels actually acted like Rebels- they ran like heck when the armies turned up.

ToMacco
I think Star Wars is the best film, but Empire Strikes Back is my favorite one.

Texas
ROTJ was the most fun!
ESB the most dramatic
ANH mesmerizing
TPM eye candy

ToMacco
laughing out loud Good call, Tex.

yerssot
you are right Ush!
I mean, they are rebels, and they can defeat the Empire with ease!

Ushgarak
Yeah, the threat power of ROTJ was laughable.

And bah! To you two! TPM was far more fun than ROTJ.

yerssot
There is more ...
For some reason I find that movie typical '80s, is that because of the scenes, the fx, ... I have no idea

Julie
"Heretic" huh?.... smile

I think the hand losing thing in ESB is interesting but a bit creepy. a very good dark movie......the ending of ESB being bitter sweet just kinda left me with a bit of a pit in my gut. smile

ROTJ I agree the threat level is lacking, but I love the battle on Endor b/t the rebels and Imperials.

TPM the last twenty minutes were the best part of the movie.

yerssot
RotJ:
ow dear!!!
A legion of his best troops and they got WACKED by little furballs!

Ushgarak
Makes you wonder what the worst ones were like.

yerssot
I think the one that shoots at Luke and Leia, and then suddenly falls without being hit...

Texas
You've obviously never seen any of the 'Critters' movies!!

Never underestimate little furballs!!!evil face

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6302517052.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

yerssot
well, if Han can call them furballs, I can also!!

Julie
*british accent*

"oh no....furballs is quite an acceptible term for an ewok"

*normal voice*

"You have every right to call a furball a furball."

yerssot
I wonder how a dead Ewok looks like

Julie
If you've seen RotJ you've seen a dead Ewok.....one of the little furballs bit the dust in the Battle near the shield compound

yerssot
have to stop fast-forwarding then!

Julie
*gasp*....you fast forward that part....it's one of my fav parts...not b/c it was esp good but b/c it was "cute" smile

yerssot
ow, the "cute" thing again

queeq
ESB is for me by far the best: best cinematographically, best dramatically and very spectacular without big sprawling space battles. Wonderful.

And I like ROTJ better than TPM: much more dramatic. I mean, all the scenes with Palpy, Vader and Luke really compensate for the silly stuff in the film. Something like that was definately missing in TPM.

yerssot
Ok, THOSE scenes weren't that bad...
but for me it wasn't good enough to give it more points

King Jedi
ESB is my favourite as well but I love them all.

The Ewoks weren't the cute furballs everyone thinks. Remember they were going to eat Han and Luke! evil face

yerssot
offer them to their gods?

Ushgarak
Damn right. I never understood why people thought those murderous barbarian Ewoks were 'cute'. They are a dangerous menace! The Imps would have done the Galaxy a favour by wiping them out.

yerssot
because they resamble teddies

and I would wipe them out without they would have to pay me

queeq
See, the Ewoks are very clever. They look cuddly, but they are fiersome man-eaters.

Texas
I always thought they were more sexy than cute cool

mah
someone stop this man and his fantasies!

yerssot
why don't YOU do it then?

Julie
Ewoks have an innocent look...it's a good defense.

Good luck , Mah smile

mah
I know,I need it, it's an impossible job. stick out tongue

yerssot
Do not underestimate the power of the Ewoks

LaurenE147
I thought ROTJ was the best partly because of the good ending but mostly because of the kick-ass lightsaber duel.

yerssot
eek!
ok, I have to accept it, it was indeed the best SW movie after ANH, ESB and TPM (in no particullary order)

finti
ESB rules

Gundark
You want to get me started on ROTJ ? Huh ? You really want to get me started ? There isn't enough room in this forum for me to post everything that I didn't like about ROTJ.

Where did Leia have that damn dress folded up at ? The one she had on in the Ewok Village ? Or did they have a Dress Barn in the Tree Town Square ? Oh yes, if I was a leading member of the rebel alliance on a secret mission to destroy a shield generator as part of one of the biggest offenses in history, against the empire no less, I would have taken time, after being taken to teddy bear central, to let my hair down and put on a dress that I pulled out of thin air. I have no idea where the rest of my group is and how I'm going to find them being 100 feet in the damn treetops with no form of transportation !!!!!!

Sit on my ass and wait for them to magically appear as dinner ? Sounds about right. Yeesh ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
smile Gundy strikes back..... beside this its still a cool movie though

yerssot
is all that all Gundy? Come on! You can do better!

King Jedi
Is it so hard to beleive that the Ewoks made her a dress? It's not as if it was anything special. It was just rags stiched together.

Gundark
No, its not hard to believe. Its IMPOSSIBLE !!!

They were on a mission. Not a vacation on a pretty moon.

finti
can it be combined Gundy? Politicians always combine "mission" trips with a vacation eek!

King Jedi
The nice,cute (but vicious and man-eating) Ewoks made Leia a nice dress. It would have been rude for her not to wear it. smokin'

Captain REX
TPM was a great movie. Lots of digital computer-animated stuff. My favorite lightsaber duel sequence so far is in that movie.

ANH was an even greater movie. It introduced the characters and it's just something about the small, strange models they used in that movie that interested me. I read in a book I got at my school library that the ships could sit in the palm of your hand, then there was a picture of GL's hand with a Y-Wing in the very center, about as big as his thumb.

ESB was one of my four favs. big grin Something like that. Anyway, ESB was very necessary. In TPM, the Empire isn't there yet. In ANH, the Empire's there and kills some people, but it screws up. In ROTJ, they screw up even more. Good thing Simon the Ewok wasn't there... In ESB, it was necessary to have the threat be big because otherwise the Empire would look as dumb as Jar Jar when he numbed his tongue. The Empire kicked ass in ESB.

In ROTJ, the Ewoks are cool. The openning was kind of lame with Jabba and Co. It just tells about what happens to Han. The rest of the film is my favorite. Father vs. Son, Furballs vs. Guys in Armor and Giant Walkers with Cannons twice Their Size, and the Rebel Fleet against another vulrable space station. Very good movie.

King Jedi
Cool. smokin'

Captain REX
Cool. Did anyone think that the AT-ST in ESB didn't look like an AT-ST? The AT-ST is in the background.

yerssot
and how does an AT-ST look like for you?

jedi212guy
I think it looks the same. I also think that ROTJ is my favorite of the four.

queeq
Just like a woman to wrry about clothes at a moment like that. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.