Clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
AOTC

Ep II is called ATTACK OF THE CLONES.....

I'm a bit confused because most of what I hear about the movie says that the clones save the day....how could they be saving and attacking????

ToMacco
Who told you the clones save the day? roll eyes (sarcastic) confused sad

yerssot
quite easy:

you have clones and they attack

end of story smile

Ushgarak
True, yerss, but then it may as well be called 'Obi-Wan flies in his ship'.

Julie is talking about info received, mainly from the scriptment. It must be said, the title is the biggest anomaly we have with the plot as so far presented. I opened a thread about that a while back.

ToMacco
I thought the clones were the bad guys!

Ushgarak
So did everyone until plot points got leaked. I was rather hoping that the title would be the start of the unravelling of the known-plot-so-far, butnto judge by everything else, it isn;t/ So we do have an anomaly there.

ToMacco
So who in the hell do these good clones attack? And who makes these clones?

No I'm really confused.

Ushgarak
Well, the Trade Federation is (and it has to be said, unexpectedly) back to provide robot-based opposition. Complete with super-droids, apparently.

ToMacco
That's stupid.

The Trade Federation should have been used as pawns in TPM, then shuffled aside.

Ushgarak
Yeah. However, the bad guys DO seem to be behind the whole Clones thing. Sort of a double bluff. So the sacrificial nature of the TF is still there.

ToMacco
I hate this! Why can't we just go see the movie? mad mad

Ushgarak
Damn right. The hope is that we get to see the movie before someone actually clears all this up. I'd hate to have no surprises at all.

ToMacco
All these guesses and rumors and spoilers, it's enough to drive a person crazy! mad

bigsef2
where is the conflict b/w the title and the scriptment? i sure as hell dont see it. attack of the clones. the clones attack. attacking isnt something only bad guys do, you know. the clones attack the droid army and save the day. why is it automatically assumed that if theyre attacking, they cant be saving the day at the same time. the allied troops attacked the germans at normandy, i dont see anyone saying THEY were bad

ToMacco
settle down. laughing out loud

yerssot
ok people, use SPOILER TAGS here!
there are already things said that persons who don't want to be spoilen could already have read!

Ushgarak
Oh, come ON bigsef! When you call something 'Attack of the Clones', in sometyhing that is a homage to old FLash Gordon like titles, you are NOT talking about the good guys who just happen to attack something at the end! That's just common sense!

yerssot
hmmm ... shoot ... I have no common sense so I don't know

Julie
I understand that attack can work both ways....but the implications are usually negative...and Tomacco's right...calm youself, Bigsef big grin (put on a happy face)

Common sense is a truely rare gem....I'm kinda short on it too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.