Steel VS Iron Man VS Collosus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperNova
Ok, so... Has anyone ever really thought about this? Uhmm... not really much to say... I dont know crap about Steel, just that hes a DC character, and hes a good guy... But... Really... Can these guys even.... like... touch each other? ? Anyone... know? I can just picture them all standing in the street in a trianlg,e Steel punches Iron man, Iron man punched collosus, Collosus punches Steel, Steel punched iron man.
Yea.. add in a whole bunch of metal clinking noises and youve.... well...
Ya know its just easier to say Venom kicks ass... bunny

Darth Vicious
Steel is just an Iron Man wannabe, saying that Iron Man would win, IM has more experience and fire power than Steel and Collossus would be a sitting duck for Iron Man not to mention that Collossus is DEAD!!

SuperNova
He aint dead.

The Unknown
He died of the Legacy Virus, but this is about who would win if they were all alive.

SuperNova
So hes dead forever? Hrmmm.... Anyways, I really wanna know what people think.

The Unknown
IMO, Collosus would win.

Linkalicious
I think Iron Man would win.

1. Steel is a joke and possibly the worst of the Superman replacements....except that queer looking Superboy guy.

2. Collussus can't fly, so he's stuck sitting there while Iron Man flies right through them like i used to fly through kids arms playing Red Rover. (red rover red rover send link on over!!!!)

Aesma
Linkalicious and Vicious got it. Iron Man is smarter, stronger, has more money, resources and experience.

The Unknown
Yeah, but all Collosus would have to do is catch him once and then just snap Iron Man's head off.

Darth Vicious
Not nesseraly, Iron man has beaten the likes of Ultimo, Fing Fan Fuma nd other strong oponents,i believe his armor could withstand Collossus strenght!

venomfan
yep it could. he is just as strong as collossus. he is just slow, check out marvel.com

thorncrawler
but the thing it as we've established steel is crap!!!!!, iron man has life support, and a power suply, collossus is pritty much raw power compared

Linkalicious
but Iron Man has strong projectiles that would help him wear down Collossus. Besides....Iron Man is gay....War Machine would wreck him and Collossus at the same time.

Lord Ryugen
This is how the fight goes. Steel throws his hammer at Collossus hoping to take him out quickly. Collossus catches the hammer one handed, crushes it and procedes to shove the scrap metal and his fist into Steel's stomach area leaving him broken to die a slow painful death. Meanwhile Iron Man takes advantage of his opponents negligence in stopping the only fighter with decent projectiles by flying out of the others range and destroying them in a barrage of laser fire leaving nothing but a smouldering pile of scrap metal. He then takes it to the nearest junkyard and gets rid of ihis oppenents remains for twenty dollars which he then spends on a well earned pizza and beer

Jade_Eyes
Niiice ryugen.

Thats a good call. Anyone that thinks otherwise is greatly deluded. A couple of good detonations and colossus would get knocked unconscious at which time he'd loose his metal skin. Then he's ground beef.

I love Iron man but never relaly read the comics.
Has he ever fought War Wachine directly?

manjaro
dude, lets establish that, under optimum conditions, colossus would grind both thier bones to make his bread, but you must take into consideration that both Tony Starks, and John Irons are geniouses and Colossus is....well...not. So undoubtedly they individually would find a way to defeat him, provided that the match lasts for more that a minute. On the other hand, If you factor in IM's hulk buster armor, and the fact that in The Return of Superman, Steel fought the fake Superman to a standstill, the match actually would last more than a minute. As for Steel and IMan, Steel would win because he would quickly find that IM's armor is literally life support while his...well...isnt, which means that once they destroy each others armor IM will die while Steel would Just be Broken.

Jade_Eyes
Thats kind of what I meant about the War Machine matchup.

But could steel damage Im's armor enough. Remember He's been in the Business a lot longer than steel.

LeAtHerRFace
Ironman wud murder Steel and Collosus.

P_Mac
In Ultimate X-Men Colossus handed Iron man his butt, it was pretty funny THEN colossus went on to beat the crap outta Thor for 10 minutes, then they had to drop a small nuke on him to slow him down.

Never
Iron Man wins this.

KharmaDog
Colossus is the man, and in this case, the victor.

P_Mac
How? Is there any place where Iron man beat Colossus? THere is a place where Colossus handed Iron man his butt, and Thor in the same battle. Colossus is the most underated hero in Marvel.

Linkalicious
OMG of course Colossus whoops everyone's butt in Ultimate X-men. I bet if it was an Iron Man comic, Tony Starks would totally thrash Colossus. That's just like saying Venom can match Juggernaut in strength because he does it in a Venom comic. Everyone knows that Venom can't match Juggy in strength...

Never
OMG Link, say it again? I do not think that they HEARD you.

"OMG of COURSE Colossus whoops everyone's butt in Ultimate X-Men. I bet if it was an IRON MAN COMIC...that's just like saying Venom can match Juggernaut in strength because he does it in a VENOM COMIC..."

How sweet and resounding the voice of REASON!

Why does Iron Man trash Colossus? Um, several reasons.

1. Iron Man can power up to and beyond Colossus' strength level.

2. Tony Starks is a technological GENIUS (hello? he designed the suit?).

3. Iron Man is far more versatile than Colossus. Repulsor rays, sonics, magnetics, heat, cluster bombs - you name it. Tony Starks can easily devise the means by which he can defeat Colossus.

4. Colossus cannot touch Iron Man if Iron Man so chooses. He cannot JUMP up to Iron Man; only Hulk's leg strength is sufficient such that he can leap 3 miles and overtake Iron Man IF he is hovering in one spot.

Iron Man takes this.

Linkalicious
Once again....as always....Never's logic and knowledge of the marvel universe is damn near flawless.

It's funny because War Machine has the exact same weaponry...but he's got cool shoulder cannons. So you'd think he'd have a lot more fire power, but in truth they are very comprable to eachother.

venomfan
please tell me your not draging this into another thread never. venom does not match juggernuat in strength dur.. did i ever say that no

Ryan10000000000
iron man is a *** who bought a nice suit collosus takes this

P_Mac
Ity takes all of a small NUKE to stop Colossus.....all those things mentioned have been thrown at ol' Petey and he has handled it. I think it would be a vicious battle unless like you said Stark wouldn't let Petey touch him in which case, Ironman would have to fly away and Pete would just stand there in anger, with everything around him blown to pieces. I also would ask what is Ironmans strength rating? Colossus is no slouch on tactic as well, a ninja he isn't, but he isn't a lump o rock like Grimm either. The funny thing is that in the poll two people actually voted Steel would win. HA!

Lord Ryugen
Let's compare people. Ironman can ,fly, has multiple weapons such as lasers missles and bombs, has specificly desinged suits for every situation, has more money than every one else on Earth combined and just happens to be a genius.
Steel has a hammer, may be able to fly (I forgot sorry embarrasment) and is a genius.
Colossus has super strength.
Hmm, nope still got go with IM

TimberlandG2
Collosus would kill!!! Everyone knows this! He is such a beast!! big grin

The Unknown
Collossus also has nearly indestructable skin.

The Unknown
Colossus also has nearly indestructible skin.

Never
Um, PLEASE, Colossus was attacked by Avalanche and Pyro in Uncanny 180's or so. Pyro picked him up in a phoenix, superheating him to unbearable temperatures, and dropped him onto the ground. Avalanche caused...well, a local avalanche, and dropped a few trailers full of liquid nitrogen. You figure out what happened next.

When he was finally thawed out, a Morlock healer had to heal him damn near instantly for him not to die.

Iron Man lifts MORE than Colossus in case you all forgot:

Strength Levels (partial listing):

CLASS 100

>>>>Iron Man I (enhanced by armor and sufficiently powerful energy sorce)<<<<

Colossus: In his normal human form Peter Rasputin possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. As Colossus he can left (press) at least >>>70<<< tons under optimal conditions.

Iron Man takes this and rather convincingly. Indestructible skin...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Unknown
I said NEARLY indestructible. I know that super-hot temperatures can kill him.

Never
Super-hot temperatures that Iron Man is more than capable of generating.

Ryan10000000000
some ignorent readers have not done their research on steel. It is an artificial suit created by the la police force to give them the same abilitys as superman. super strength 100 ton range, flight, speed,and a admantium hammer near indestructible. among others abilitys it is equipt with high tech weaponary. plasma guns and shields it would woop iron mans ass thank you for your time peace out

Linkalicious
lol...iron man made and designed his suit...he didn't just buy it. And I live in LA and i personally don't trust anything that comes outta it or was produced in it. Besides...doesn't Supermans exploits take place in metropolis? (i don't read DC comics so don't go trying to tear me a new ass)

Never
LMAO @ "bought his suit." Tony Starks enrolled at MIT College of Electrical Engineering @ the age of 15. He easily has the smarts to design his battle suit(s) smile

Same ability as Supeman? Um, Steel is neither as fast nor as strong as Superman - not by a LONG shot. His hammer is made of indestructible adamantium? Interesting, considering DC Comics HAS no adamantium roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jeezams...if you are going to make up stuff at least do a good job of it.

Ryan10000000000
okay sorry

The Unknown
Yeah, I agree the Ironman would win. In the Marvel Encyclopedia stats, it states that Ironman and Colossus's strength and durability were equal, but Ironman's speed, energy projection, and intelligence were higher.

Asian Hulk
Are you talking to me,SuperNova?

kal-el
Colossus' strength level in the x-men encyclopedia is 100tonnes and in ultimate universe he lifted a submarine out of the water(thousands of tonnes!) and is getting stronger coz he's only a teenager. In ultimate war he beat the crap of iron-man and thor but a nuke from hakw-eye knocked him out. I gotta go with the big Russky, but either him or iron man could take it.Best of 5, colussus wins 3-2

Lord Ryugen
Didn't Tony Stark design some kind of armour that could transform into any other design he ever built like stealth and drill? (he did in the cartoon but I don't know about the comic.) Because if he did and still uses it he could transform into the 'Exo' armour and incinerate Steel, Colossus and the city block in a barrage of weapon fire that would make most major countries jealous

kal-el
SHIT!!!!!That's pretty kick-arse!!!!!!!!!Maybe 2-2-1 draw then.

Obviously
Iron Man can't transform into other armors, that's just some BS from the cartoon so they could sell action figures.

Now just to clear up some inconsistancies. The War Machine armor is technically an Iron Man armor, infact it was originally called the Iron Man Variable Response Threat Battle Suit and Jim Rhodes went by the name of Iron Man at first while wearing it before Tony Stark came out of a coma and allowed Rhodes to keep the suit. War Machine and Iron Man have fought each other toe to toe but since Tony Stark built the suit he knows its weaknesses and Iron Man armor has advanced much farther than that since now and War Machine is gone, Jim Rhodes retired from being a super hero and last the War Machine armor was scene it was found by a criminal which put up a good fight against the more advanced Iron Man armor of the time, proving the War Machine armor is a good design but nothing the suit's creator can't handle.

As for the fight, Colossus isn't exactly in the same catagory as Iron Man and Steel. They're both technological heroes where as Colossus is a mutant. As it was said Colossus would have the dissability of not being able to fly and Iron Man's strength does exceed Colossus' (Iron Man has stood up to both Thor and the Hulk) and Steel is just a cruddy DC knock off of Iron Man and doesn't have the armaments and experience to take Iron Man down, plus Iron Man's armor is always improving as technology improves. They don't call him "The Invincible Iron Man" for nothing.

Shellhead is the clear winner in this one.

The Ultimate universe was mentioned, and it could go differently if you take the Ultimate stats where IM is severely wussed down in my opinion. Going with the original universe characters Iron Man who was always one of the strongest Avengers wouldn't have a lot of trouble.

Linkalicious
go obviously go Happy Dance

kal-el
Damn good facts there linkalicious!!i'm just big bias fan of Colossus I spose. How about in a bare knuckle boxing match?Bare- meaning no fancy suits. YAY!colossus wins!WOOOHOOO!

Obviously
Ouch.

I'd like to see Colossus in a brawl with the other big brutes of the Marvel universe like Juggernaut, Hulk, Thing, and so on.

kal-el
I meant Obviously with the facts. but you got it. yeah I think colossus can brawl it with the strongest of them being a class 100 tonne dude(x-men encyclopedia).He'd be stronger than Hulk at first coz when he first turns he's just a 70tonne lifter, but he gets madder a and stronger and soars into the hundreds. colossus v thing would be a good match up!

Lord Ryugen
Damm it he should transform, oh well Shellhead would still win though

Linkalicious
Originally posted by Obviously
Ouch.

I'd like to see Colossus in a brawl with the other big brutes of the Marvel universe like Juggernaut, Hulk, Thing, and so on.

kal-el
I agree with you on JUGs and HULK beatin colossus but thing?His limit is about 75/80 tonnes and isn't steel harder than rock? I mean I know thing is a damn good fighter but so is the big Ruskky.This isn't coz you Uncle Sam's still don't like Russians is it?

Linkalicious
Nah....i luv Russians. It's because The Thing kicks ass and Colossus is a wuss. I don't think the fact that steel is harder than rock matters in this case. If they went smash mouth on eachother, i don't think the steel body would damage the rock body. And for some reason the Fantastic Four (though they seem like whimps) always kick the crap outta people

kal-el
yeah I suppose it's a tough call really coz both have been described as 'nigh indestructable'. I think this is close as it gets as a fight.they even weigh the same(500lbs).As a boxing fan I'd have to point out that colossus has a reach advantage but thing prob has one of the best chins around! We should open this is as it's own thread. If we did, I bet everyone would agree with you coz everyone loves that 'everloving blue-eyed thing'.

Linkalicious
Colossus has a pretty darn good fan base. Look at this thread, he's in 2nd by one vote.

kal-el
I'll do it. It can be my debut since I only just joined this week

Lord Ryugen
Colossus shouldn't really be in this, I mean no disrispect to the Russian but let's face facts all he can really do is throw shit at the other two once they've flown into the air. And once he runs out of things to throw all he can do is stand around while Ironman takes potshots at him after he's dealt with his DC ripoff Steel

Ironman 66
ironman would kill em both

SUPERMANDAMAN
Iron man would destroy Steel and then after that all he has to do is stay in the air and keep blasting collosus.

Mane
Iron Man defnitely has this

bardock
ironman might run out of ammo/fuel and be screwed

Ironman 66
ironman

Nataku8188
Sigh... you're all fools. Steel, seeing as how he's a genius from the streets, would realize he couldn't beat iron man or colossus and run and hide. Iron man would fly up in the air and blast at colosus who would throw cars and shit at him. Meanwhile steel would fly around and come up behind iron man, and knock him towards Colossus with his hammer. On the ground, Stark would scream in unfettered fear as he blasts at the charging colossus. Upon reaching ironman, said X-man would help him up, explain their misunderstanding and turn to kill steel. Since we didn't specify which Iron Man, im going to state this is the James Rhodes Iron Man from when stark was a raging drunk. Knowing Steel would be no problem, hell throw collosus up into the air to his 'brother' (Rhodes and steel are both black) and Steel would knock him back down. Ironman would blast him and walk away for a nice cold beer.

JuggernautFan
uhhh......... ok.

crazyspinz
didnt colossus kick both ironman and thors asses in the ultimate universe???

and steal was played by shaq, therfore he sucks and colossus would own them both

Khellendros
Hmmm, it sucks how everyone just discounts Steel out of hand. The fact is, he's constantly upgrading his own armor justlike Tony. Also, he uses an inertial dampening field to reduce the impact from some of the heavy hitters he fights instead of just relying on strength of the metal. Then, of course, there's his hammer...

External Weapon: Voice Activated/Controllable Hammer: Steel's original hammer was just a physical extension of his strength, to which, he did use to great effect. In recent battles, Steel has found himself outclassed by his metahuman opponents and decided to increase the technology found in his hammer. His current hammer has the ability to increase it's kinetic energy the further away it is thrown. At a distance up to 20 yards, it can stop a car, 30 yards, a truck, 60 yards, a tank, at distances greater than 60 yards, its destructive capacity rivals that of Superman for damage dealing capabilities. The hammer is also voice controlled and its flight is programmable.

Inertial Damage Field with Hammer: This hammer can also store the energy it has gathered along its flight path within the kinetic field and release it on contact with a target, even if its flight is interrupted by a command. It is unknown how long this device can store such energy. This device appears to have the ability to temporarily disrupt temporal/kinetic energy in a localized field and manipulated it for limited effects such as energy transfer based on a linear distance travelled.

~drools~
So, yeah, he might not come out on top, but damn those other two would know they had been in a fight after a couple hits from that thing.

crazyspinz
so, steal throws hammer, colossus catches hammer, colossus knocks steals head of with hammer, iron man wets himself

Swanky-Tuna
At 60 yards, you may have to put a "colossus digs himself out of the ground" step in there.

crazyspinz
yes, but after he digs himself out of the ground...

Nataku8188
he might just do that, considering he came back from the legacy virus thing. Just hope steel isnt more then 60 yards. Even marvel writers will have a hard time explaining him getting up after one of THOSE.

crazyspinz
colossus could take a hit from more than 60 yards, as i remeber he can take a head on colison with a train or a transport truck

Nataku8188
at 60 yards its a tank there, buddy. So after 60 yards its going to be much, much, much stronger

crazyspinz
umm wut last time i checked a train hitting some thing is a lot harder than tank hitting something, and colossus can take a hit from a train without even being hurt at all, and still steal would prolly get taken out quikly by either iron man or colossus just to get him out of the way so the real fight could begin, steal is nothing compared to iron man and colossus

spyrokinesi35
now I can't touch this one, 'cause when they're all at they're most powerful it would be the fight of the century, I'd rather see war machine against steel though. and yes at the present time collosus is dead but 1. no ever really dies in the marvel/dc universe and 2. he's dead only in the ultimate conmics and they are figuring out what to do with him right now 3. this is just a what if so if someone's dead it doesn't count and 4. he's dead right now so the collosus fans will buy the comics and see if eh comes back somehow

Paola
Colossus is back already

Mane
youpi

Swanky-Tuna
Past 60 yards though... I think Superman could knock a ton of metal down with a sneeze.

crazyspinz
i dont think steal can control his hammer mid flight, so if he is more than 60 yard away colossus could see it coming and dodge it, colossus is quite abit faster than everyone assumes

Swanky-Tuna
He could.

pr1983
he would, colossus is more intelligent and aware than people give him credit for

crazyspinz
ya, i think colossus is acualy quite abit smarter than an average person

and now colossus is inbetween steal, and his main weapon, out colossus is not a good person to have in your way...

WarSpawn
Colossus...definitely...organic steel vs normal steel and an iron suit...please.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm not sure how powerful the suits of the dudes in the suits are but Colossus would be at a disadvantage of being on the floor.

pr1983
steel wouldnt last five mins, between colossus and iron man i think colossus would win, his body can take a lot of punishment and i think endurance will count a lot in this battle

G-Judge333
*Judge bumb*

Avalonofthewind
Colossus is a non factor with his disability to fly.

One good "hammer toss" from Steel and he's out for the count.

Once Colossus is out... between Tony and John, I give the majority to Tony.

Steel has the access to technology to beat Stark...unfortunately...it seems he doesn't like to put it into his suit.

Stark ftw.

yugotank
Iron Man FTW

Check out Tony smoking!

severance
Iron man ftw

Can amp his power enough to knock out the Hulk. Is exceptionally versatile and Tony is the second cleverest guy on the marvel earth behind reed Richards.

Collosus is not versatile and will be totally outmanouvered in this fight.

Steel - iron man wannabe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.