Mara Jade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
What do you think of Mara Jade????????

What eu books is she in? The only one's I've read that she's in are NJO, but I know there are others out there somewhere.

How did she get to become the wife of Luke Skywalker?

yerssot
Mara Jade??
She was also in the trilogy of Heir To The Empire, right?

JediOasis
She appears in off and on throughout the EU. Luke and her decide to get married in Vision of the Future, the same book in which the Empire is finally no longer a threat.

Ushgarak
Hate her. Totally. One of the worst EU charatcers. Totally trivialised the Dark Side by bouncing between good and bad all the time. And tied inexorably into the rubbish cloning plot. Bleurgh.

Julie
I've never read the Heir to the Empire, but I plan to soon. Yes, she is in them.

Thanks for the info...jedioasis.

I'm sorry to hear that you hate Mara, Ush. The only books I've read that have her in them are NJO so I've been spared the cloning rubish smile

yerssot
she was cloned?

btw: I read on the BTM-cd that Lando was originally cloned

Ushgarak
Yeah,. there was once an EU thing about him coming from a cloned race.

Mara wasn't a clone, but she wass right in there with the 'Luuke Skywalker' (that's not a typo) rubbish.

Frankly, I think it would be difficult for her to have a worse storyline in NJO...

yerssot
Luuke was from Heir huh?

LanceWindu
BTW: Mara is also in the Correlian Trilogy and the prequal to Vision of the Future: Specter of the Past.

Julie
I saw Vision of the Future in the library but I didn't pick it up because I haven't read Specter....is it imp to read these in order?

Ratcat
The marriage takes place in the Graphic Novel UNION.

Julie
So I've heard.. I really need to go out and find that comic. I actually haven't read that many comics related to star wars...or anything for that matter big grin

yerssot
you have to get the whole story I guess... that's 4 comics for that episode

Julie
uhhhh.......darn.....where do I get it...how much is it gonna cost me?

LanceWindu
About the comic books related to SW. I haven't ever seen one in any type of stores. I would like to read all of them like the ones where they are set 10,000 yrs. before ANH.

And about if it is crucial to read Specter of the Hand of Thrawn Duology (Specter of the Past & Vision of the Future). I read them out of order and I was confused while reading VOTF. So I suggest that you read them in order.

yerssot
about the comics: I found mine in a small dark shop...

LanceWindu
Well, that bit of information isn't really going to help me.

Julie
smile .......yeah yerssot's not being helpful.
Thanks for the advice Lance......

LanceWindu
No problem

Julie
So did you find the comic you were looking for?

LanceWindu
Me? No, I haven't been able to get anywhere where there might be a comic book store.

Julie
Actually the sw comic I read came from the Library...you might want to check it out

LanceWindu
I'll try but I don't think my public library has any comic books.

yerssot
thank you very much! I told you were my comics were found and it's not good enough??? huh!
(btw: I have Twillight and Jedi vs Sith now smile)

Julie
I have the EpI comics for Queen Amidala and Obi-wan....but I haven't read them yet.

LanceWindu
I didn't find any comics at the library.

yerssot
they aren't the kind to find at the library

Julie
save your money and buy them from the jawa shop at www.starwars.com ...or I'm sure dark horse comics has a section of it's website where you could purchase the comic. or ebay might have one sombody is willing to part with for a price....hey ya never know check out online smile

yerssot
but I don't take risks with buying online

Master Kadub
Purchasing things online isn't bad....but I would suggest confirming your source....I've purchased things from the Jawa shop before, and received it in three days of purchase online.....

Julie
Jawa's shop is trustworthy. Besides, how will you get through life without taking risks??

JKBart
Mara is a pretty bland cliche character at first but evolves into some pretty complex character in later stories. Depends on the writer tho.

Fated Xtasy
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.