Mars Lander!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040104/ap_on_sc/mars_rover&cid=624&ncid=716
The new little ship that was supposed to land on Mars tonight did it sucessfully!! big grin
Read the article, it's unbelievable the stuff it goes thru, from 15,000 MPH to 0 in six minutes, doing all this stuff to get ready to land, and it bounces when it hits the surface for awhile and then comes out... and it WORKED!

Dirty Vader
That's a european ship. I thought it was suppose to land on christmas day not today.

GABRIEL05
Damn. Them europians sure know how to build a vehicle stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
No, I think the Euro one failed and this one is American.

Dirty Vader
Well at least we realy did land we didnt have to fake it like you did in 69 stick out tongue

JKozzy
blink We... landed....

GABRIEL05
I think what he's trying to say is that the moon landing by Buzz A. is "mickey mouse"

Dirty Vader
No it was conspiracy

Tired Hiker
That old conspiracy theory. Psh.

Gotwa
LOL

GABRIEL05
well anything's possible.

Dirty Vader
That old conspiracy is real, people actualy prooved it.

Tired Hiker
Yeah and my ship did the Kessle run in less than twelve parsecs.

Dirty Vader
sick

Dirty Vader
With your crap appollo ship? big grin

Dogbert
hey, stop talking crap about america before i have to smack you

Tired Hiker
Hey folks, but seriously, I just turned on the NASA channel and it's the Mars Rover. It's a Nasa thng and they are recieving data right now!!~!

Tired Hiker
jThey are showing the first images!!!

Dirty Vader
5 americans against a european. Ooops!

Tired Hiker
it's of the sky, as if it landedd w hoah hold on, the surface of mars, I'm looking at the surface of mars!!!!

Dirty Vader
Shit! It is american, where the f**k did ours go!? That's another conspiracy. F**k that!

LarryTheArch
make that six americans

Tired Hiker
The hardware is working perfectly on the surface and NASA is completely satisfied with the pictures

GABRIEL05
ehn don't take it personal. Americans get "brittle" when foreigners talk about america. But in anycase:video feed, pictures, cool...

Tired Hiker
Europe never received a signal from Mars Lander. But NASA just did.

LarryTheArch
its aewsome... WAIT!! this just in... martians discovered! little greenpatoates running around with salad shooters!

Dirty Vader
Oh look! They found Larry!

Tired Hiker
No, I'm being totally serious. Rover is working perfectly. They are going nuts at nasa right now. I have Dish Net and the NASA channel where they just show live cameras 24/7 of master control, with commentators. It's awesome right now!! They are showing surface pics of mars that are very clear and they even recieved 'bounce pattern' data so they can tell how the Rover landed!! This is tight. and true,, do you guys want me to keep you filled in/?

Tired Hiker
They have a panoramic mosaic of mars and rover is facing south!

Tired Hiker
OMG the commentator reffered to it as 'realestate'!!

Tired Hiker
No they have a polar projector that can see 360 degrees from the landing sight!!

Tired Hiker
NASA is saying everything is working perfectly right now.

Tired Hiker
Wow! They say the rover is asleep now. Their won't be anymore data for a while. OMG, this is totally awesome. I've never really watched the NASA channel until I read this post and I happened to turn in on right when they recieved pics!! So awesome. Now they are talking about how the Rover can find the sun and from doing so it will find the earth so send it's signal. I'm tripping out on how amazing this is.

word hiker..this is freakin amazing...

i've been waiting for this for years

Dirty Vader
They have a nasa channel. huh What do they play on it the rest of the time.

Dogbert
laughing out loud good question

Tired Hiker
I swear and I'm not kidding, when I got Dish Net, I saw the NASA channel and all it was were quiet people in a control room looking at computers. Once in a while a guy's voice would come on and tell what they were doing. I watched it once or twice cuz I thought it was so damn odd. Now it's like the best damn channel ever because I'm seeing it live. I swear, everything I'm telling you will be in the news and newspapers tommorrow or in the next few hours, wherever you are.

Dirty Vader
You seem amazed. Its already been done once, what's all the fuss?

Dirty Vader
about landing on mars I mean

LarryTheArch
Tied hiker...

Tired Hiker
Hahahahahha Jealous! This is the best Mars landing and it was done by Americans. This thread was started by someone saying that it was a European landing. I am just clearing things up.

Tired Hiker
H ha ahaaa ha h It was you!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
NASA ROCKS!

Dirty Vader
Yeah I know I'm stupid, but not jealous. I dont give a damn. Btw I didnt start this thread.

JKozzy
I give a damn, why not?

Jonkers
Why haven't NASA landed near to 'The Face' in the Cydonian region? Makes you wonder... confused alien

Jonkers
Us Europeans should have tried it, we'd have had a beeter result than Beagle 2.

Tired Hiker
I heard that Mars is fake.

Dirty Vader
The Europeans found water traces on the north pole of Mars. You yanks suck. The brits lost theirs on christmas day, then you lost it earlier this week and now the europeans discovered a great thing.
The worst thing is NASA claim that they found traces before the europeans ever did. Hahahahaha.
Oh and the brits have nothing to do with the mission, that explains why the ship didnt disapear.

lil bitchiness
You should know better Preston, dont call your home planet fake.

Tired Hiker
Whatever. London is lame. stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
Actually, I'm from Uranus.

lil bitchiness
no expression its not.....

lil bitchiness
Yeah.... iknew it was some place outter space...

Tired Hiker
Okay, London isn't lame. But is the bridge there really all that great?

Dirty Vader
F**k London!!! mad

Dirty Vader
F**K the bridge!!!

lil bitchiness
OMG some woman proper pushed me while i was getting off at Oxford Circus mad

Tired Hiker
Did you kick her ass?

lil bitchiness
No...but i wanted to!! So badly...she didnt even say sorry, or excuse me, she just pushed right into me, then gave me a mucky look like i did something wrong...stupid woman!!

God some people are such idots!! I was so gonna go back and be nasty...but im not stooping to her level!!

Stupid little bint!

Dirty Vader
Piccadilly's crowded, I push into people all the time. And theyre the ones that say sorry to me.

lil bitchiness
Piccadilly is always crowded, true, I dont push into people (unless i see a tall dark guy..then i kind of gently push into him) but this woman just pushed into me...like she was gonna go through me...the she gave me a mucky look...how fecking rude!!

Kai_Haider
It sucks that spirt isn't working right any more, sounds like a program error though.

Jonkers
London sucks - worst city in all of the UK.

clavis9495
yeah I know Glasgow is the best angel roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue wink big grin

Jonkers
On a par with Liverpool surely?

clavis9495
mad rolling on floor laughing mad smokin' mad smokin' mad smokin' mad WWWAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOO

Jonkers
Liverpool's the new Hollywood!

lil bitchiness
Whateva mate!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.