My BIGGEST dissapointment with EPII as of right now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
you know the scene in AOTC, that we see glimpses of in the trialers, with Anakin hacking up the tusken tribe? You know how afterwards Anakin says "its all obiwans fault?" You know how one of the most striking scenes in EPII, and the one i was MOST looking forward to, is the scene where Anakin is so enraged by his mothers death that he hacks to death an entire tribe of tuskens? well, guess what? all thats out of the movie now. gone. GL said that most fans wouldnt want to see it. what the hell?! I want to see it? am i alone?! Sure, it would be dark, but thats life. bull crap! i think theyre just worried about the rating the movie would get. if it gets a pg-13 rating then oh well. good for GL. GL shouldnt let those ratings bastards boss him around! hes GEORGE FREAKING LUCAS for goodness sakes! This is by far the WORST news ive heard about AOTC!

ToMacco
sad Yeah, dude. That sucks. sad

queeq
It's .... out????????? I'm shocked. eek!

yerssot
It can't be!
At least a reference or something!

queeq
What I gather is that they might cut the actual slaughter itself, but not the fact that he does it. There have always been two versions about this scene, one with Anakin walking off to the camp with an ignited lightsabre and another with him actually slaughtering them. We'll see it on the DVD then.

Ratcat
No it isn't, life isn't dark.

Watching a madman slaughter 50 others is not something that needs to be portrayed in order to be understood.

As far as the ratings go, IT IS A KIDS MOVIE SERIES! Always has been and always will, stop being such a bloody FanBoy and get over it.

yerssot
eek! you said fanboy! eek!

This way is more artistic anyway

Ushgarak
I agree, broadly, with RC. But where is the hard info on this? Was a full scene of slaughter ever in in the first place?

King Jedi
I agree with RC as well but I don't beleive that story anyway. The last shot of one of the trailers showed Anakin striking at a Sandperson. So he definately fights them.

ToMacco
I think they should have kept the scene it. We've seen people die in the saga before. Obi-wan chopped off that one gangster in ANH, and there was blood everywhere!

bigsef2
the scene you see in the trailers is gone, fodder for the dvds, if were lucky. i can see the "reasoning" behind it. but i really think its important for us to SEE anakins bad side. i mean, i would be satisfied if there is a moving shot of anakin seeing the baby tusken, innoncent, the camera focusing in on its eyes, and then igniting his saber and running in, so that you KNOW he kills the child. and then a scene later of the slaughtered tribe laying dead and anakin walking away. thats similar to what we see with the slaughtered jawas and owen and beru in ANH, and that was very moving. i just think lucas copped out a bit in TPM with cutting out the scene with anakin fighting greedo. i think that was a good point in establishing the possiblitiy of something bad in him. GL says he wants us to see anakin as an innocent child at first in TPM, and then gradually go bad, but come on! he was looking at yoda like he wanted to rip his pointy ears off when he said he and mace wouldnt be trained! that established he was bad! i want to see anakin doing some bad-ass stuff!

ToMacco
I herd he does cocaine in Episode III.

bigsef2
sweet! my hope is that episode III has a padme nude scene!

ToMacco
Hell yes! big grin eek! smokin'

yerssot
grow up

Ushgarak
Look, will someone PLEASE tell me where this info is coming from?

yerssot
the imaginagen of some fans who like Natalie Portman and think that Star Wars is an adult movie?

sand person no. 10
sw's has always about using your imagination to some degree and seeing someone kill 50 people has no place in a movie (exclude martin scorsese), if you think about it there are very few deaths actually shown in the films, vader doesn't actually do anything particularly bad in the films that we see, it is more of a suggestion of the things he does.

Ushgarak
This is unhelpful. Can someone please tell me where the info that the sabre swinging scene in the trailers is NOT in the film comes from, please?

bigsef2
USH, look at the updated 'scene by scene' on this website that deals with this scene. Im not sure the original source of the info, but i got it of theforce.net if i remember correctly

Julie
Wait about 6 months and your hopes and fears will be realized.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.