The Department of Mysteries - OFFICIAL Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joy2dWorld
Will Harry go back to the Department of Mysteries in book 6?

Remember when Harry was chasing Bellatrix Lestrange? when he got to that circular room, he didnt know which of the dozen doors was the exit - but Bella didnt seem to have that problem - AND all he did was yell "where's the exit?" - and that door (the one behind him) magically opened!

Maybe the other doors could be opened the same way - just request it to open (e.g. show me the door to the Death Chamber) - thats why the Death Eaters had no problem with them.

Except for that door that would not open - said to contain a "force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than the forces of nature" - heck it melted Sirius' knife!

Maybe it can be opened if you "beg" it to! laughing

Or maybe it would have been simple to open it by just thinking about love or whatever's connected to what that room contains.

It must be about love - Voldemort's belief/fear that the worst thing ever to happen to a person is death (which explains all his attempts at being immortal) - and love never dies even after death! Love surpasses everything.. the love a person has for someone still resides in his/her heart even after the person is gone. I guess we'll see Harry prove this unique power to Voldemort in the future.

Joy2dWorld
And how come Harry's prophecy is in row 97 - could it be another clue? In JKR's timeline 1997 is Harry's 7th year at Hogwarts! Could there be a connection - the prohecy coming true in Harry's 7th year? JKR's dropping clues all over like bombs!

Harry's prophecy is labeled SPT to APWBD - The Dark Lord and (?)Harry Potter.

I think the initials refer to: Sybil P. Trelawney (SPT) TO Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore (APWBD) - is that right?

Rachel Riddle
I guess you're right!
i have to confess i didn't think about the inscription, cuz of sirius' death...

but i agree, jkr really has so many pointz, which came important later or i guess will become important.... wink

i'm so eager to find out more...
like, if harrys eye colour is goin' to be important and stuff....

Phoenix
That's what I think - Why else would JK carefully give us Dumbledore's full name at the beginning of the book? ((I believe it was during Harry's "trial"wink)

Joy2dWorld
Here's something more for you to ponder on-- JK Rowling said this in an affair at the Royal Albert Hall:

"I will say this - I had to put in some things because of what's to come in Books 6 & 7, and I didn't want anyone to say to me: "What a cheat. You never gave us clues." Because if I didn't mention certain things in Order of the Phoenix, you could have said: "Well you sprang that on us." Where as I want you to be able to guess if you've got your wits about you. There are a few surprises coming."

Joy2dWorld
And did you know why you have to dial "6 2 4 4 2" when you enter the MoM?.......

Coz it spells out "magic" on the telephone keys:

6 =Mno
2 =Abc
4 =Ghi
4 =ghI
2 =abC

Linkalicious
I agree on the Trelawny/ Dumbledore inscription...actually i wouldn't read past that part until i went back into the chapter on Harry's trial when Dumbledore gives his first name to the Wizengamot. And i must say that i never thought so deep on the numbers that Mr. Weasley pushes in order to activate the phone booth. that's some nice research...damn nice research...

Candy
in the department of mysteries are all things humans cant study and control them, they only can find them.they cant change the time, go through the wird universe, stop death and we cant force love/life/peace.

airangel429
J2W: Good hunting skills! big grin

I agree about the initials.....dunno about all those numbers(the rows and years thing....)

Man if JKR is going to surprise us I would love to see Draco and Hermoine get together!!! laughing out loud

Joy2dWorld
I dont know how reliable this is, but I got from somewhere out there that JK just recently gave out 3 more clues for book 6!

1. She said there was something small in book 2 that plays a large part in book 6!

2. She also said we'd find Harry's parents graves! -> i already mentioned this in one of my threads weeks ago as one of the things she must explain next

3. and Harry will get Sirius' motorbike! -> Sirius had a motorbike?!?

What do you think is in book 2 that will be part of book 6? *think, think, think*

it has to be one that appeared only in book 2 that did not appear again in the suceeding books -> could it be godric griffindor's sword? the flying car? the cornish pixies?

what do you think?

Linkalicious
It's all a possiblility but i dunno if lil harry is going to get the motorcycle, it just doesn't fit his image(to me atleast) It would be interesting to see a scene with harry visiting his parents grave. I bet it would be pretty emotional.

Phoenix
Sirius had a flying motorbike! My siggy pic is Sirius with his bike

Joy2dWorld

Phoenix
Well, when I first got book one and two, it was just before we went n a two-week holiday. They were the only books I took with me, and I read them constantly - as soon as I finished book two, I started book 1 again! So I know tons of stuff, I was quite obsessive!

Joy2dWorld
was - meaning not anymore? but that's one thing i cant say for myself, i'm still quite obsessed up to now.. maybe its coz i read all the 5 books just recently - yup book 1 to book 5 in just a span of 3 weeks! coz all 5 books were suddenly available to me just last October 2003.

so what can you say about the Erised thing? here's more:

The Chocolate Frog Cards -> Dumbledore says to Harry "i have been watching you more closely than you can imagine" - could he have been doing it thru the choc frog cards?

Filch & Figg -> both are squibs, both are fond of cats, and they've got the same initials! wonder what's goin on here..

Trickster
The initials thing is rtrue, but it doesnt mean much really. It is just saying that trelawney made the prophecy to Dumbledore. Some of your points are good though. Possibly it is the pensieve that plays a lrge point?

Phoenix
bumping...

Rachel Riddle
ohh my god, you are making we so curious laughing you all made some really good pointz! i guess i have to read ev'ry word again carfully. perhaps i'm finding some more hinds.. wink
i just hope jkr is really surprising us, with something non of us expected. smile

airangel429
I have read each book 2-3 times...but I never caught on to the LITTLE things...I never knew that about the mirror.........wierd........I'll have to tell my husband..he thinks I look into the books WAY too much....but you have to..or you miss ALOT!

airangel429

airangel429
I HAVE FOUND SOMETHING......... big grin It goes with your theory about the chocolate frogs....read below.

Can Dumbledore travel between his portraits like past Headmasters and Headmistresses, and then can he travel between Chocolate Frog cards too? After all, when Harry first saw a Dumbledore card, the Headmaster left the card shortly thereafter. And when he was being kicked out of various organizations such as the Wizengamot and the International Confederation of Wizards, he reportedly told Bill that he was only concerned that they didn't remove him from the Chocolate Frog cards.

I got this from HPL.

Candy
ermmm the pics n the choco cards can move... erm DUMBLY himself? dunno he can appear.... why should he have to?

Joy2dWorld
2 more questions..

1. how come nothing happened to Neville when Harry passed the prophecy onto him for hiding? isnt it that when a prophecy is touched by people whom it does not refer to, they get hexed?

2. and the Veil room looks like an ampitheater - so could it be possible that the archway was placed there in the middle for viewing by an audience? if Dumbledore referred to it as the "Death Chamber" - could it be that this room is more like an "Execution Room" ??

Trickster
1. People just can't take them from the shelves if it's not about them, made by them, or to them...

2. I thought it was the room where they tried people. Doesn't it have a chair with chains? I presumed it was for execution though.

If he was on chocolate frog cards, wouldn't he only be able to stay for about half a second, so every card gets the same amount of time?

Kristina
Did Dumbledore really say "Death Chamber"?! Can somebody say the page number, I must have missed that...

Joy2dWorld
i dont have the book with me now-- but Dumbledore said it towards the end of the book.. right after Voldy possessed Harry & left the Ministry of Magic.. he was telling Fudge & the Ministrty staff that several of the Death Eaters are down at the "Death Chamber" & that he performed a certain charm to temporarily prevent them from disapparating.

airangel429
?????? I dunno about that............ I would think its the place that they go to after they are tried and convicted...not necessarily the veil itself...but its a good hunch.

Joy2dWorld
oh yeah, i forgot.. Harry must have lifted off the curse/hex when he touched it, thanks for that one.

jasonowens4200
i dont want to have to start a new theard and get hammered for it so does anyone have any ideas for what the archway veil is

ndfreak
it leads to the next demension of the dead. only problem is they can't get back once their in there.

jasonowens4200
is it a known fact that cant or is that what you think cause thats what i think just wondering if you have proof of it

ndfreak
its what i think becaus eonly luna and harry could here vouices behind there because of the peoplethey loved died. also because sirius died going through it and couldn't come back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.