Merry's Dagger ¿POWER?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IcepicK

Kitoky
In the books The our hobbits encounter the Barrow-downs, that's where they got the swords.....Exa would give you a much better description.

Discos
I remember this from another old topic, Exa should be able to give a full depth explanation.

supposidly the sword had a curse which when stabbed would drain life from the Nazgul and thats how Eowyn ended up killing it - it would have been amusing if she did just stab the Witch King in the face and nothing happened (meaning if Merry didnt stab it)

Cowboyography
The Nazgul destroyed a civilization, in years past, I am drawing a complete blank right now on there name. I will post ASAP after i find it, anyho, the few survivors cursed the sword that Merry came across, to destroy the Nasgul, so when marry stabs the WIKI he becomes vulnerable to humans.

Exa

Member.
no man can kill the nazgul, merry was no man but pretty small so didn't kill him, eowyn was no man and pretty strong so she could kill him... big grin

Exa
@Member that's correct but this is not the reason.
What Glorfindel foresaw about the Witchking's death was not a rule or something, he just knew it was correct.
That's like physics... everybody says that some gravity rule is the cause of gravity, but thats incorrect, it just describes gravity, and if there would be no "law" or whatever it's called there would still be gravity... the same with the Witchking. if Glorfindel hadnt foreseen this no-man-thing, eowyn would still have killed him with Merry.

sauron
what was aragorn doing with four hobbit sized swords anyway...i mean in the book they find them...fair enough....but for aragorn to have them with him anyway is a bit weird

Aurora
LOL I never thought of it when I saw it in the movie. It is strange for Aragorn to be carrying around small swords to give to them. But I guess they had to get them some way!

Aurora
That is the worst thing about losing Tom from the story, We don't have the barrow downs in the story and I think it would have been great to see.

Kitoky
Another reason why I'm a Glorfindel fan, even though he wasn't scene in the movies, I can still imagine the reason why some girls in Imladris fancies him. wink

Discos
Lol, need I say more Exa? I wasnt being cheeky it was just thatevery topic Kitoky recommends you highly to explain everything - so now I have backed her opinion and am now an exa fan!

Kitoky
Not in every topic smile. Only the ones that I can't really answer or I didn't give a full explaination because my memory fails me terribly. sad

Discos
I see....I dont know a full detail answer for most questions on this forum, but what I do learn I can pass onto my friends and that makes some discussions about LOTR alot better, I mustead the first book sometime.

Diuscos - Now has a new years resollution

Exa
LoL Exa fan?? big grin laughing stick out tongue Funny idea... exa having fans RoFL embarrasment

sauron
well we all know what this means...or we should...ANOTHER club big grin

sauron
i want a fan,

next person to sign up im going to have to twist their will to mine muahahahahahaha ZE VORLD IZ MINE (hint hint spoof thread hint over)

Aurora
sauron I will be your fan! As long as I can be the leader of the groupies, I mean I'm a leader not a follower, but I will bend the rules alittle on your account. wink

Exa
Yah Sauron I'll be your second fan... let's do some Sauron fan club big grin and a Kitoky fan club... and a nazfanclub... an aurorafanclub... camelliafanclub ...and so on :P

sauron
hehe YEY i got a fan whoooooop big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin *love love love*

Aurora
hehehehe laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.