Why can't the Jedi help Amidala?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Why can't Qui Gon and Obi Wan "use their powers to help..." Queen Amidala convince the Gungans to fight? Is it because the force doesn't work on them (which I seriously doubt).....or is it because it would go against his conscience to "force" the Gungans into a deadly alliance?

bigsef2
the later is correct (i beleive there was even a jedi council quesiton on it)

Julie
Which jedi council? The one at www.star wars.com or the one at www.theforce.net ??

yerssot
I think it was the jedicouncil on sw.com

the reason is that they got the mission to protect her, not to fight a war for her or to involve other people in it

Ushgarak
Indeed. Qui-Gon was not meant to be politically involved; he wasn't there to start a war.

Julie
...but he could take a part of that war once it was started right?...all in the name of protecting the queen.

yerssot
no!

why are they sticking with the queen when they take the ship? it's their mission, OB1 only frees the pilot because he is ordered to do it

Ushgarak
Yes, he's been ordered to protect the Queen. Remember, while Qui-Gon may be a maverick, he is actually on official business. The powers that be in the Republic have given him an official job to protect the Queen. He has no orders to start wars!

yerssot
laughing out loud
I read to fast and I thought you wrote "He has no orders to star wars!"
rolling on floor laughing

Julie
laughing out loud "You be more careful"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.