the heir of slytherin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Candy

daeri
I think everyone that can speak parseltongue (the snake language) can open the chamber.. and.. well.. Zalazar Slytherin could speak parseltongue..

Linkalicious
i agree with daeri on that one. it's not necessarily what's in your blood, but the language you speak in order to open the chamber. That's why Ginny was able to open it, because Tommy was speaking parsel-tongue THROUGH Ginny.

Rachel Riddle
but why would the writing say "the heir" if the blood isn't important and any parseltong could open it....
that doesn't make sense....in my opinion!

Linkalicious
totally valid opinion, but then how did Ginny open the chamber of secrets unless she is one of the heirs herself? Unless you're suggesting that Riddle transfused his blood into her body. I just wanna know...who's blood does she use to write all those messages on the wall? i mean, she would have to like slit her wrists in order to get that much blood to write that many messages that are as long as they were with such large characters. Anyone wanna try and help explain that to me?

Rachel Riddle
the messages? she wrote those messages with blood from the roosters!

i asked that very same question and phoenix said, that she opened it, 'cause she was being posessed!

eezy45
i think its like in steven spielbergs series "taken", do you know it?
there are aliens since the fifties (area 51) and they make a genetical experiment: a mixture of human/alien... not every generation has special talents/abilities, but around 40 percent... what i wanted to say, i think, every 2nd/3rd generation has the ability to speak parsel.

eezy45
......well, or Tom is one of the RARE heirs of slytherin, that found out, THAT they are heirs.
oomph laughing

Rachel Riddle
so, ya think as well, that tom is related to salazar slytherin?

Phoenix
Parseltongue is a VERY rare talent, and the Heir's of Slytherin are the only wizards known to speak it. Voldemort ((Tom Riddle)) can speak it because he is Slytherin's heir. Ginny opened the Chamber because Tom used her body - he had no physical form, and Ginny was not involved in anything, Tom's spirit/memory did everything. Harry can speak it because, when Voldemort attacked Harry when Harry was a baby, part of Voldemorts power ((eg the ability to speak parsel tongue)) was transferred to Harry

Linkalicious
oops forgot about the roosters...i guess i was just thinking about the movie since i read book 2 a couple of years ago. And just to Quadriple check....so your saying it has nothing to do with blood huh Phoe? well that's what i think, it's all the language and not the blood.

Rachel Riddle
why, are the heir's of slytherin the only ones known, who know how to do it!

it sais: slytherin prefered it, if his pupils can speak it, so they couldn't be the only ones...

Candy
yeah, i know it's the parsel...
but only the heir of slytherin can spek parsel, cant he? and harry can cause tom attacked him.

Rachel Riddle
how could slytherin prefered it, when his pupils could do it, when he and his relatives are the only ones , who can speak it???

Phoenix
heirs of slytherin are the only ones to speak it because no-one else wants to speak it ((as it is a sign of a dark wizard)) so the talent has all but disappeared

Rachel Riddle
but, it is not, like the slytherins, arev the only ones, who wanna be evil, there are plenty other evil wizards, so how did the talent disapear, i know, rare was it all the time...

Linkalicious
it disappeared because it's not something that is taught....it's something that is inherited. I don't know if any of us have enough information to say that ONLY slytherin heirs are parseltongues and the same goes for saying all Parseltongues are slytherin heirs. The only thing we know is that it IS really rare and that Voldy and Salizar both spoke it. The rest has been left unsaid for idiots like us to wonder about...

General_Kaiden
If you look into it deeply enough, one could say that technically, Riddle isn't the Heir of Slytherin, because he has Slytherin blood only on his mothers side.

Linkalicious
How exactly does that NOT make him the heir to Slytherin?

General_Kaiden
Well, technically the blood line (in the old European way of reckoning these things) is only passed through the male line, innit?

Valar Melkor
True the ability to open the chamber is the ability to speak parselmouth. however only the heir of slytherin may control the basilisk. the mere ability to speak parsemouth does not render u able to command salazars serpent.

stu3214
I have a feeling that the heir is harry
i mean if you look at the facts he and you-know who are connected in a way

Unicor777
One thing is not clear to me about Tom being the heir of Slytherin, Tom/Voldemor is half blood, while Salazar Slytherin was pure blood, somehow a half blood being the heir of slytherin do not go together. I think that Draco in the end would be the heir !

its_magic
well i was the heir of slytherin 4 six months here then the unthinkable happened computer crashed and now i am lost ohwell i will regian my seat shortly lol jks evil face velhocoke

ladygrim
in cos Tom Marvolo Riddle showd us that his name is an anagram of 'i am lord voldermort ' which is probably another thing that helps him be the heir

airangel
bumping

angelsflame265
Tom got the blood from his mother, who was the last living heir of slytherin

ArrghPirateGirl
Yeah....yes

ladygrim
parceltongue i think ...

ArrghPirateGirl
yup big grin

ladygrim
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.