Stressed!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cermiestar
my GCSE mocks are starting tomorrow and i am really scared, i have a maths non calculator first thing and i am terrified! i don't understand maths!!!!!!!!! *hits head on desk* oh no! precious brain cells! come back come back!!!! i'm going to fail!!! all i can hear in my head wen i try to revise is my maths teacher saying over and over "failure! failure! failure!!!!" wacko

Storm
There are three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count and those who cannot.
Now, to which category would I belong?

ok, stay calm and try to think clear
you' ve studied it so you can do this... right?
though I tend to say something else from personal experience

Tex
You should get on of those little claculator watches and cheat! shifty

Fire
lol

ash007
don't worry GCSE are just another hurdle in life.
JUst relax and have confident in yourself
And remember these ARE the best days of your lives so enjoy it
and good luck smile

yerssot
I would say, you can make it with ease, you're smart enough smile

BarmyBrummie
I don't worry about exams cus i know that i can only do my best on the day. As long as you study the main areas which you're not sure on you will be fine.

silver_tears
Ha I have one of those........somewhere blink
Oh and Cerm dont be scared.......you'll do great!!! thumb up
We have complete confidence yes

total metalhead
my tip for not failing an exam ---> just before the exam starts, go and hide in a closet somewhere and hope to hell that everyone forgets you exist, then go and live in Congo.

wicker_man

SpikeSpiegel
Don't worry about them I did them last year, it's not too hard...apart from the question we hadn't done in class...And it's only the mocks they're good for showing you how much work you'll need to do for the final thing.
Now if you want to be stressed you should be me...I've got my first proper, not mock they count, A-levels starting next tuesday and I need 2 B's and a C to get into the Uni I want in 2 years time. One of the subjscts my teacher's senile so I no smeg all. One's easy but knowing my luck I'll get too cocky and fair, one isn't a subject and I also know smeg all about (although unis don't accept it as an A-level if you get it so screw that) and the other one is Mathes which I'm OK at.
Oh and I have done little revision (80% on law, the one with the senile teacher)

Fire
lol

Laviera_j
You will be suprised with the results when you get them. I hated math and could not do it, and now I am doing them for A Levels.

burlyman
i did quite shit in the mocks no expression but they are harder than the real gcse, and there is the percent for coursework to include... think i might do some proper revision for the real deal yes

G.P
Cheer up Cermie ! smile

Sc0rchy
hrm. forgive my ignorance, but what's the GCSE? is that like the european version of the SATs?

Phoenix
CERMIE!! Don't worry about mocks WHATSOEVER! I got a low D in my business studies mock, and a High B in the real thing! Mocks are just to let you know what you need to work on.

besides exams are a stupid way to grade people, as how can a person you've never met grade your entire academic prowess on one hour and a half paper?

cermiestar
aw thank you everyone!!!! *lots of hugs*
i did my maths badly....i di the algebra ok but the whole thing with the shapes.....no.

i've just come home from my eng lang exam, i was so confused becuase there was this thing about Iceland. *deep breaths* calm....thank you you guys! you made me feel so much better big grin

yerssot
well, I'll help you out cerm!
shapes... er... well... on the Iceland ... hmm... well... er... I'm sure you did well big grin

silver_tears
when you say shapes could you possibly mean geometry blink

yerssot
circles, squares, triangles...?

silver_tears
Geometry blink

yerssot
thinking blink

silver_tears
Isn't that what like the study of shapes is called stick out tongue
And then triangles is Trigonometry yes

yerssot
*looks at the clouds passing by and is perfectly happy*

silver_tears
Just cuz you are on holiday does not mean you can't use your brain yerss evil face

LanceWindu
What is brain?

yerssot
it's overheated at hte moment

silver_tears
from doing what stick out tongue
and Lance if you don't know then you prob don't have one wink

LanceWindu
I never claimed I did.

yerssot

cermiestar
probably i don't know messed all shapes!!

i got really panicky in my DT exam and when th4ey said five minutes i was so scare was like shaking!!

yerssot
perhaps you were cold cerm? wink

cermiestar
maybe......but i was really scared!!! i just did RS and French......think i did ok..i wrote 12 sides for rs!!!!!

heen68
i start shaking when ever i have a test. I might faint when it comes to GCSE's. sad

cermiestar
GCSEsare so close!!!! i am going to DIE when i have to do them!!

SpikeSpiegel
You thin kyour GCSE's are close! My A-Levels are on Tuesday!

bLooMiLiCioUs
ive been there cermy!!!!!!!!!!
i know EXACTLY how you feelyes
you need a hug right nowyes
*hugs*

cermiestar
*hugs back* thanks....i just had my physics mock today..........horrible!!!! why oh why did i choose triple science!!??

yerssot
to annoy the living daylights out of yourself?

cermiestar
yes...that was it.......for self torture...

yerssot
you know, cermie, sometimes you surprise me stick out tongue

cermiestar
why?

yerssot
because I forget things wink

cermiestar
messed

SpikeSpiegel
Everybody wish me luck tomorrow, I've got general studies, computing 1, and Law 2 (Except we're doing it before we do 1) and they're not mocks

cermiestar
good luck!! *hugs*

SpikeSpiegel
And I get out just after the bus is left so I need to wait an hour for the next one mad mad mad

cermiestar
i got to school today to find out that i'd forgotten my exam text so we ad to turn round...go back ....go home....then arrived just as they were starting my blog exam! eek!

yerssot
but you got your text, right?

SpikeSpiegel
Well that was...interesting.

SpikeSpiegel
I mean my exams

G.P
...and the bus trip...

SpikeSpiegel
I got my Mum to come and pick me up big grin

Storm
Exams make me so go http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/Jumpy.gif
no good no

G.P

yerssot
and we just started messed

Storm
I know sad
but I' ve got everything under control

SpikeSpiegel
Just got Maths left to do

Gravity Kills
Just don't think about tests I find that the best and less stressful way is to say "who cares". I find that my grades are better because of that.

Gravity Kills
No joke

cermiestar
i have completely failed chemistry. it was an absolute joke. everyone started laughing when they read the questions. the teachers got so annoyed...........

however! i think i did ok on my maths calculator! yay! happy!!!

yerssot
failed chemistry?

Quick cermie! to the laboratory! *runs off and smacks against a door*

cermiestar
big grin first rule yerss.....solids are SOLID

lil bitchiness
Well, words of encouragement big grin

Mocks are sooo much harder than GCSEs...you got nothing to worry about...and science double award (im persuming you're doing that) there is ALWAYS nightmare paper...when i took my mocks it was chemistry, but when i took my GSCEs it was Biology!! I still got an A and im sure you have done great...believe me thumb up

yerssot
see, you're already learning wink

Trickster
How was it funny?

cermiestar
unfortunately i'm one of those dumb people who took triple science big grin.........so they're REALLY easier than mocks?????

thankyou!!!

burlyman
i got a D in physics and biology, and an E (1 mark off an F) in chemistry big grin

il need to do some revision wink

SpikeSpiegel
I got all B's in science....Why didn't I chose one of them at A level?

burlyman
is that rhetorical confused

cermiestar
none of us could do it.....it was impossible!!

Burly - for whih exams?

burlyman
mocks smart

burlyman
i got an A* in ICT mock but it looks like I might get around a B cause our teacher is so bad and our coursework is shit

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah it was rhetorical. And for my IT we just had coursework for 2 years, no teaching. I got:
Final project - D
BSA - C
Exam - ?
Total - B
Nice

cermiestar
what is the ICT mock like? i have it on fri!!! we used to have a really bad teacher for ICT too!!! mrs warrington!!! evil evill.......we used to sing ompa lompa to annoy her big grin

lil bitchiness
thumb up oh...does that mean Biology, Chemistry and Physic?

I had that too...but i was like in top group..or something confused

You seem really smart and academic, so you'll have no problem whatsoever!!

Burly> bravo! thumb up

burlyman
really easy if you know your stuff confused
I was top of class smart

do some parts of the BBC bitesize thumb up
Hardware
Software
Data Communications
Databases
The Legal Framework

happy ta

cermiestar
all i know is that because i chose seperate i have to do an extra paper! mega unfair!!! i really am not smart....they put me in red group and i don't understand anything!! espec in chem....mayb it would help if i didn't stare out the window......and come up with bad excuses when my teacher yell such as "i was wondering about the chemical make up on the cells in the leaves miss, honest"....

lil bitchiness
HAHA!

It will all fall back into place once you see the paper!! big grin

cermiestar
the real one?

gcse bitesize! thanks burly!

.:[Kamikaze]:.
hey im in the middle of my gcse mocks had maths paper2 today i failed that one miserably lol. but im sure you'll do great! big grin

good luck!

take care

luv AS!!!
xxx

oh about the ict exam theres this other site called ictgcse.org.uk thats a really good site too... i got my ict on monday i think.. lemme know how it goes k.. smile

cermiestar
thank you!!! did you have maths calcultor tody too?

yuppers was well hard, what paper did you sit i di dthe higher i so badly failed it though. i missed out loads and the ones i did answer were probably wrong.

howd you find it?

lil bitchiness
yeah, real one!! You'll look at it and think..:''wow, i know this eek!''

big grin

cermiestar
yay! you have given me hope lil B!!!!!

K - yeah i did higher....left out the last question.....and others........horrible!!!

bLooMiLiCioUs
it's still not over yet??
ah well - after it is,you can GO AND CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!

you dun wanna know what the things I did to celebrate arewhistle

furious_socks
we dun hav sats or gswatsies .. we have t-e-e's

cermiestar
they're over!!! thank god!!! off to a party tonight to celebrate!!!

yerssot
lucky you, some others are still suffering big time

Storm
*points to self*
see me suffer sad

*points to self too* me aswell i finish on TUESDAYYYYYY i got three more xams to do sad

Storm
I have my last the 30th of January sad

yerssot
I don't even want to know when, it's still a lot to go sad

SpikeSpiegel
I've just got Maths: AS Statistics tomorrow

Storm
well, if I' m not mistaken, you and Fire end before me mad
*grumbles*

lol, i just got ICT left today and tomorw only RE wooohooo i just finished having my Eng Lit exam... smile

yerssot
I didn't want to upset you ...
but I guess it's true big grin

Storm
it' s so unfair http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/weep.gif
*sobs*

yerssot
there there storm sad *hugs*

SpikeSpiegel
Woooooooo I've finished my exams....

Sorry Storm

§pearhead
i havent even begun them yet.

DracotheDragon
I start my FINALS tomorrow. yay.
no expression
no expression
no expression
no expression
no expression

phinney6
I have mid-terms in HS! next week

DracotheDragon
SUX! sad

§pearhead
midterms this week...

DracotheDragon
............. no not fun.

phinney6
SUX!

Storm
another one finished http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/cry.gif

BarmyBrummie
I've got 2 FRENCH EXAMS TOMORROW AND I AM CRAPPING MY PANTS!!!!!!

Storm
awww sad
*hugs*

§pearhead
laughing out loud ok...stick out tongue

BarmyBrummie
I'm going to fail! I'm going to fail! And i'm not attention seeking cus everyone in my class got below 20 out of a possible 30 on the mock tests today!!!!!!!!

§pearhead
thats not good messed

BarmyBrummie
I KNOW!!! *CRAPS PANTS AGAIN* Its going to be sooooooo bad!!!

BarmyBrummie
Oh and WE ARE IN TOP SET ASWELL!!!!!

SpikeSpiegel
Don't worry about it, mocks are stupid. I know someone who just joked around in them:

Science: Biology mock
1.) How do sheep get enzymes in them?
2.) Why were there gasses around when the Earth was created?

His answers
1.) Scientists spit in their mouths
2.) Because the dinosaurs kept farting.

He got a B at the end, so mocks mean squat.

BarmyBrummie
HAHAHAHA!!!! Thats classic! Me and my mate couldn't be bothered to do the other mock paper so half way through we ripped up the test and started writing notes on it to each other while everyone else did it. We were on the same table though.

§pearhead
thats wierd...we dont take mocks. we just take the exam.

BarmyBrummie
the mocks supposedly help you get the 'feel' for the exams. Man, i don't want to feel anything!!!!

phinney6
its teh suckiest thing ever

§pearhead
its more like an omen, im guessing.

BarmyBrummie
I've done the tests and i think i did quite well. The listening paper was solid but the reading paper was easy peasy. Teach said that the two marks go together so hopefully i have made up the mark with my reading test. Thank god its over. But now i have to do a 10 page english paper on 'How the audience is encouraged to engage and how themes are introduced in Act 1 of the play An Inspector Calls' for MONDAY!!!!

cermiestar
yay! happy happy! they are over!! and i am gettng results back...and they are GOOD!!! yay!!!!

yerssot
*hugs*
see! I told you you would do it smile

cermiestar
thank you so much!! *hugs*

yerssot
for saying you would do it? messed

cermiestar
oui oui!

yerssot
it was my pleasure, m'lady *kneels*

bLooMiLiCioUs
you got ur results back alreadi??

yerssot
apperently so messed

G.P
blink

cermiestar
yes, our teachers marked them, so we got them back quickly...

yerssot
that's their job stick out tongue

bLooMiLiCioUs
how were they?

bluestrawberry
I h8 exams. I am pretty certain i have failed my further maths A level exam! Its not my fault I cant do Mechanics!

cermiestar
they were horrible.....but my marks are good!!!!

SpikeSpiegel
You're doing mecanics...unlucky. They don't do it at my college as everyone failed, instead we're going to do desicion and discreet maths as the 3rd module.

bluestrawberry
Well i have done/am doing 2 discrete modules, 2 mechanics modules, 1 statistics modules, methods and 6 pure modules. I am just glad i didnt study english or history though. Just thinking of all those essays scares me!

Storm
my suffering will almost come to an end bunny

yerssot
is it already, storm?

kewl, when you finish?

yerssot
normally she finished today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.