Did Palpy Know?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Did Senator Palpatine "foresee" that Queen Amidala would decide to go back and fight for Naboo?

Did he really want the treaty signed? At one point he says "she is more foolish then I thought" is he being overconfident?

yerssot
he also said
"This is an unexpected move for her, it's too agressive!
Lord Maul, be mindfull, let them make the first move"

So, she did something that was unexpacted, so why not that move?

And it didn't mind for him if it was signed or not, if it wasn't, well... you saw the movie, and if it was, he gave the no-vote so Valorum had to step down, and he because Chancellor, saving Naboo, therefor gaining more power and votes

Ushgarak
Yes, things did not go as Palpy planned- doubly so in losing Maul. But overall, he got what he wanted from the events of TPM.

Julie
He deserved to lose Maul.....he should've taught him to not be so dern cocky....maybe he wouldn't have got himself halved if he had just finished obi wan....but then we'd have no obiwan sad

yerssot
yeah, and otherwhise you wouldn't have this:

Obi-Won,
Darth Mauled,
Qui-Gone

Julie
laughing out loud very cute.......i didn't know you had it in you wink

yerssot
I dared to be cute

Julie
laughing out loud .....brave man big grin

yerssot
impeccable I might add

queeq
That's stretching it a bit, but it was funny.

yerssot
you all don't know that
"I dared to be cute" is a quote from the fx guy who worked on RotJ.
smokin'

King Jedi
So why did Palpatine want Naboo? I still have problems working this out. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
because he is from naboo, because it has a young unexperienced queen, because it's remote...

Julie
.......because it had no standing army

yerssot
indeed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.