Who's the Coolest Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Who's the coolest jedi?

Luke Skywalker?
Mara Jade Skywalker?
Jacen Solo?
Jaina Solo?
Anakin Solo?
Qui Gon Jinn?
Obi wan Kenobi?
Mace Windu?
Yoda?
Adi Gallia?

yerssot
I voted for Mace (check EpII for that)

I see that you haven't put everyone of the JC in it...

Ushgarak
Qui-Gon gets my vote, though I doubt he will get many more.

I am tempted to edit the poll and give Mara minus a million votes....

yerssot
you cheater, you!

Julie
sorry I would've had the whole council if I'd had enough room....and if I knew how to spell their names big grin

I'm partial to the Solos but I don't know if I can choose one them sad

yerssot
yeah, Yoda is hard to write roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
ha.....and notice I did include Yoda b/c I knew how to spell his name....

yerssot
Plo Kloon, Even Piell?

JediOasis
Gotta be Luke. With very limited training he stood face to face with Vader and the Emperor and lived to tell about it. Granted Vader killed the Emperor but Luke had tossed his lightsaber. He blew up the Death Star and restarted the Jedi Order, pretty "cool" if you ask me.

Ratcat
Um, wasn't Adi Gallia on the Jedi Council..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Yes. Why?

yerssot
There for

Ushgarak
But she never said she had never included any of them. Just not all of them.

queeq
Luke without a doubt.

Why are there so many EU characters on that list? This is a serious forum. big grin

King Jedi
laughing out loud
I went for Qui-Gon but don't really know why. confused

yerssot
She likes to read the EU...

King Jedi
Where is Anakin Skywalker?

yerssot
perhaps she thinks he is not a Jedi but more a Sith?

Ushgarak
Luke. Oh dear. Porr queeq...

You're a sensible man, KJ, that's why. Didn't you say that you don't like him that much at first but now you think it is a shame he is not back?

JediOasis
Based on what we've seen so far how can it not be Luke? All Qui-Gon did was defy the Council, get killed by a Sith, and made his own Padawan train a boy that everyone knew to be dangerous. Luke is the one who fixed QG's mistake. If it weren't for QG and his defiance everything could have been prevented, luckily Luke came along 25 years later and fixed everything. Thats why Luke is the "coolest" cool

LanceWindu
Jacen Solo no doubt. He is awesome with his somewhat kinetic ability with animals.

ToMacco
Obi-wan Kenobi. He is the only real one to tie the trillogies together.

yerssot
where is Maul?

Ushgarak
Not a Jedi, yerss.

Luke is too whiney.

yerssot
ah! I see! He is too good to be in it!

mah
I voted for Qui-Gon because he seems so sensible and controlled, but I kind of agree with ToMacco.

yerssot
So it's final ... the mods tempered with the poll! I WANT DARTH MAUL! sad

Ushgarak
Go Qui-Gon!!!!!!!!!

Look, when there are enough Sith to choose from we can have a 'favourite Sith' poll, yerss.

yerssot
But I want it now! sad

QGJ, pffff, can't even kill a Sith apprentice!

King Jedi
Yes, when I first saw TPM I didn't like Qui-Gon. I thought there was no real point to him and it would have been better if there was more Obi-Wan than Qui-Gon in TPM.

But now I think he's one of the best characters and I really want him to come back. It's weird. confused

JediOasis
Exactly, I can understand voting for Obi-Wan cause at least we've seen him do something good. But Luke is still the man. Qui-Gon was killed by the apprentice and Luke took down the greatest Sith Lord of all time.

yerssot
Luke didn't do that! He turned Vader back to the Light Side and he destroyed the Empire

JediOasis
I ment that Vader was the best and Luke did take him down. Luke was standing over a defeated Darth Vader and threw away his weapon. Had he held on to his lightsaber I think Luke could have taken down Palpatine, but because of the whole "choosen thing" nonsense we are led to believe that to have been impossible. Either way, Luke bested the "choosen one" and the man who destroyed the Jedi Order, so that makes him the best.

yerssot
and if he defeated his father he would be dark also

JediOasis
Not really. Obi-Wan and Yoda wanted him to confront Vader so killing him wouldn't have made him dark sided, thats just what Palpatine wanted Luke to believe. When Obi-Wan killed Maul he seemed angry and upset, aren't those dark side traits? And he turned out alright.

yerssot
the novalisation (and the movie also a bit) made it clear that OB1 was on the edge of becomming totally bad

queeq
Luke Luke and Luke..... then OB1 and then way down the road good ole QGJ.... the Jedi who couldn't kill a Sith apprentice. big grin

yerssot
he's still in your list???? eek!

King Jedi
The poll isn't to see who is the "best" or "greatest" Jedi. If it was I'd pick Luke or Yoda.

It's who the coolest Jedi is and I think that's Qui-Gon, for now.

Julie
Why do you pick QGJ.....the rougue?

UnknownBountyHunter
I voted for Qui-Gon Jinn, he's the best on THAT list, I like Ki-Adi Mundi better. :P Plo Koon is cool too.

King Jedi
because he's cool. smokin'

Ushgarak
Vader is NOT the best. He was conbsiderably slowed by his cybernetics.

Luke was a half-trained boy and,his talent aside,does not even begin to rater compared to the other on-screen Jedi.

Darth Maul's 'apprentice' title is just that- a title. It does not mean he was a novice or newbie, just that he was not the Master. As Qui-Gon described, he was well-trained in the Jedi arts- a formidable and lethal opponent. No shame in losing a straght fight to him. Obi-Wan also lost a straight fight; he hd to win by Maul making an arrogant error.

And there is no point calling the ChoseOne thing nonsnese. That is how GL wants it to be. Luke could NOT defeat the Empror. Only Anakin could.

JediOasis
If Vader was not the best how could he still defeat the Emperor even after Luke had bested him? There is more to being a bada$$ Sith Lord than wielding a lightsaber. And Luke was not half-trained. Yoda himself said Luke would be a Knight once he confronted Vader. Granted, Luke wasn't raised at the Temple like the other apprentices, but he was still a qualified Jedi Knight none the less. If anything, that just adds to Luke's abilities. He was only trained for a short time but still managed to defeat his father and stand toe to toe with the Emperor and not turn to the dark side. Thats pretty "cool" if you ask me.

yerssot
short time? there is no indication of time, could well be 20 years or 1 hour

Gundark
I voted for Qui Gonn. He spoke with authority and maturity and his moves were graceful. He was a natural leader and despite his opposition with the council, his intentions were for what he believed to be the best. He believed in himself, which is the mark of a TRUE Jedi.

King Jedi
I agree with that. He was gracefull with a lightsabre, while Obi-Wan was more "in your face", "lets kick his ass" style. Which is also cool. smokin'

Ushgarak
JO- GL himself said that Luke was half-trained. Sorry.

And power levels had nothing to do with being able to beat the Emperor, who was more powerful than EVERYONE else, full stop. Anakin was destined to be able to beat the Emperor, that was the thing.

And Luke always struck me as exceedingly uncool person, though he was getting there in ROTJ with his new outfit.

QGJ still wins hands down.

yerssot
he said half-trained? I thought he said that he learned from halve-cripple guys

JediOasis
The fact that he was "half trained" just adds to his greatness. Depsite that setback he was able to do things no other Jedi could. QG blackmailed his own apprentice to train a boy everyone knew to be dangerous and in the only lightsaber fight we see him in he loses. QG was my biggest problem with TPM, his character was pointless and only adds problems to OT storylines.

yerssot
well, he didn't looked down on lifeforms (or was that also a joke Ush?)

Ushgarak
QGJ was trying to make the best of a bad situation, though choosing Obi-Wan was admittedly an error. Giuve a dying man a break!

Well, I love him. Wise, compassionate, deadly, thoughtful... as I said, everything I imagined a prequel-era Jedi Master to be. I thought bhe was the coolest of the cool. Though I am surprised to see so many agree. Yayy!

yerssot
no no, dead

Ushgarak
You're saying Maul wasn't deadly?

yerssot
QG; d'euh!

Ushgarak
D'uh to you too. If QGJ can't be deadly because he is dead, then neither can Maul. See?

yerssot
QG was killed first stick out tongue

Ushgarak
At least he died in a straight duel with a master swordsman at the height of fitness and skill. Maul was klilled by a silly trick from a young, headstrong man with a bad haircut who wasn't even a full Knight yet.

yerssot
that's your point of view big grin

QG died fighting a simple apprentice, and Maul wasn't killed by a trick, he forsaw that Dooku needed the apprenticeship so he let himself get killed big grin

Ushgarak
'Simple apprentice'= meaningless with Maul. Just a title. He was more deadly with the blade than any normal Knight. But not over-endowed in the brain department. I doubt he could even see what was happening next week. Makes sense, being dead and all.

Dooku will have brains...

yerssot
pfff, QG was no better, but heck that's why GL invented the ghost-thing

LanceWindu
It didn't look like Maul let himself get killed. He was caught completely off guard.

LanceWindu
He didn't see into the future or let himself die. He was caught completely off guard.

yerssot
Lance, it may come as a complete surprise to you, but I can read from the first time...

Well, Maul is a great actor smile

LanceWindu
You can read from the first time??? What was the first time?

Gundark
He means you double-posted Lance. No problem.

When obi wan sliced maul through, the look on his face was of total surprise, not mortal agony. I don't think maul would have sacrificed himself for a future sith unless his master had instructed him to do so.

Ushgarak
Oh, come ON, guys! Yerssot was joking!

yerssot
Ow ... yeah ... I was ... joking! That's right! Joking!...

*starts shuffling towards the exitdoor*

Ushgarak
Belgian humour, eh? Gotta love it.

yerssot
strange, I don't remember that I used Belgian humor in this one...
This is my own kind of humor: strange and nobody gets it smile

Ushgarak
Yersottian Belgian humour. Even better!

yerssot
"you're zottian" humor rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

King Jedi
Obi-Wan had a bad haircut? Does this mean I should pay a visit to the hairdressers?

Ushgarak
Yes! Cut it how he has it NOW! Poor bloody Padawans, forced to look like that...

yerssot
look who's talking!

King Jedi
Do Jedi cut there own hair? Is it some kind of lightsaber practice?

yerssot
Guess not, you could miss you know

Master Kadub
Mace Windu, of course is the coolest.....

Qui Gon, second...

Luke, third...

Obi Wan, forth

*Yoda is excluded from the list because he is seen more in the light of 'THE MASTER' and is too cool for any of these people...

justinday15
Anakin Skywalker! Wheres Anakin?

GordonSkywalker
It is by now no secret that Luke Skywalker is my favorite Jedi Knight. Although allowances must be made for the great Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn from TPM.

Dano
Luke is the main bad ass!

Corran
Obi-wan without a shadow of doubt.

GordonSkywalker
Which version? I presume you mean the Episode II incarnation as that is the avatar you are currently using.

Dano
Yoda, was pretty much a bad to the bone dude in EPS. 2!! They crowd went crazy when he whipped out his saber(in the theater I saw it the movie)

Dexx
mace windu...i like qui gon almost as much
i do like maul better..from the dark side though

GordonSkywalker
Now Yoda was the epitome of Jedi coolness when he whipped out his lightsaber and gave the audience its biggest thrill of the evening. laughing out loud

justinday15
Yoda, Anakin, Obi Wan, it's all good.

GordonSkywalker
I am terribly old school though as Luke Skywalker remains my all-time favorite. When I was little I used to pretend I was him. My buddy across the road was Han Solo. laughing out loud

yerssot
Quinlan Vos wasn't an option?

GordonSkywalker
Who is Quinlan Vos?

yerssot
EU character, mostly known for his appearances in comics

Corran
non canon. (Just thought I'd get it in before finti)

GordonSkywalker
Ah I see. So he is not listed because he is an EU character then? Wait that doesn't make sense as three names on that list are EU as well. confused

yerssot
he's canon, he's in tpm for a split second big grinwink

GordonSkywalker
Really? But that doesn't explain the Solo kids and Mara Jade? None of them have been in any of the films, only in the books and other EU sources.

yerssot
then this should be placed in EU asap, normally

GordonSkywalker
Yeah because at least four characters on that list are EU.

cookies2006
This is a little late but but what is EU?

GordonSkywalker
EU=Expanded Universe which covers anything Star Wars except for the films themselves. Considered as non-canonical or unofficial, this applies to the comics and novels mainly.

yerssot
the novels of the movie (only the parts that don't contradict) and the radiodramas are also canon

GordonSkywalker
Hmmm interesting addition there. I was unaware of this being canon as well. Thanks yerss!

yerssot
it was on the jc of sw.c a year or two ago

cookies2006
you were on the what?

GordonSkywalker
He means he got the information from Star Wars.com. They have a question and answer section known as the jedi Council on there.

justinday15
I've asked them questions, but they never answer. I guess they're not good enough questions.

GordonSkywalker
No I am sure your questions are fine enough. What it probably is, they get something like hundreds of questions every month and don't get to them all. Nothing to do with you personally asking bad questions. There are no bad questions my young friend!

yerssot
also depends what you're asking, it can't be too specific and stuff
though ... a week or two ago, with the caption of the sandcrawler they did chose my caption as title smile

GordonSkywalker
Awesome yerss! I have been over there myself before and they know what they are doing I'll give them that.

glenn
Mace Widu gets my vote. I mean you must see him in ep2

Metroplex
I think the coolest is Yoda. He is small, but can kick ass. You should see the MTV movie awards and his acceptance speech for best fight. That was hilarious.

justinday15
Anakin

justinday15
even though he turns to the dark side.

cookies2006
Dart Maul, introduced the double lightsaber.

yerssot
in the movies yes wink

rogue_jedi
adi gallia WAS on the council. coolest jedi ever? why not kit fisto or plo koon? kit fisto is my personal favorite. at the battle of genosis, he is SMILING. he is having fun. also, why not kyp durron?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.