Question about the Merovigian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lam
Ok, everyone seems to think he's the OS of the original matrix, right? If so, shouldn't he have known that Neo needed the keymaker to reboot the matrix or the matrix would be destroyed, thus destroying the Merovigian as well? Why did he try keep the keymaker?

realworlddreams
the mero wasnt the OS (operating system) of the original matrix, thats impossible. he was FROM the original matrix. He was an information gatherer, and by keeping the keymaker he would be able to get into the backdoors, and also be able to get anywhere he wanted to gather more information. He knew about Neo and the other "ones" however, he was greedy, and wanted to stay the way he was. I dont think he would have really cared what Neo did based on what he says, "I have survived your predecessors, and i will survive you." also, he could've gotten to the train station before Neo got to the source

Verity
We don't know Merv's plans....perhaps he had a plan set out to control the Matrix even further than we could all imagine-and he felt he needed the Keymaker to fulfill his wishes.

Sifer
The question is "Why is Merv SO Important?". Actual programs from the Machine world (no doubt they have mechanical hosts) go to the Merv to save their daughter because they HAVE to. There is no other way. What gives him that power or who?

He is definately not dead and he would have been taking a nice break in Mobil Ave while the Neo vs Smiddy fight is taking place big grin

LarryTheArch
Actual programs from the Machine world go to the Merv to save their daughter because they HAVE to.

So they allhave daughters now?

mook
isnt there a line about him wanting what all powerful men want - more power

Ushgarak
That is dead simple. The Mero controls the Trainman, who controls the only unofficial way Machines have to go in and out the Matrix. Nothing more to it than that.

Sifer
Ush: I already know that and that isn't the reason. They say they have to go to the Frenchman, not the trainman - (as they are already there).

Sifer
It was in reference to Rama Kandra, Kamala and Sati.

LarryTheArch
oh...
sorry it just sounded like they all had daughters...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.