Tell me all your thoughts on God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Tell me all your thoughts on God....

Do you believe in Him or not?

I am a Christian...God exists and is loving but just.....that's my thought...now tell me yours smile

finti
I am not a beliver. If your God is just Julie why does 2/3 of the worlds population live in missery

yerssot
hmm, this is a very thin line... ...

sorry Julie, none-believer here...
but I know that there are believers here, and I do NOT look down on them, laugh at them, moch them or what ever action that can do them harm!

Ushgarak
Oooh, very brave topic of yours, Julie!

Well, I have never believed that the suffering in the world is any reason to either doubt the existence or good will of God. It's all down to free will and so on. If God just made everything right there would be little point to things.

I'm not sure I stand, Julie. I think I will agree with you on morre things than I will disagree. Though I am afraid that some Christian beliefs make me nervous.

Texas
If there is a god, you have to wonder who created him.

yerssot
nice opportunity to get this one off-topic...

who you ask? me!

Texas
No roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
really! I swear!

Texas
I'm confused confused
anyways.........
why dont you believe in god?

yerssot
and to who are you talking now?

Texas
*shakes head in disbelief* My god in heaven!!!!!!!
wink

yerssot
I'm not in heaven, I'm here!

queeq
Okay, topics like this need to be treated carefully. It generally tends to get ugly. So I'll be the one watching this one. evil face

yerssot
is this the so-called "queeq is the big bad mod" thing?

Padawan_Learner
No I'm not a religious man. I was raised as a Roman Catholic but drifted away from it. I follow no religions now. I don't criticize others beliefs though. Do what you want, just don't try to convert me or tell me that I'll burn in hell. I don't believe in hell, so lol.

Texas
I wouldn't mind going to hell, Cleopatra is down there, you know eek! cool smokin' cool

Ushgarak
Hmm. Well, there you go, Julie, you are bound to get a lot of rubbish with a thread like this. But what people say to a thread like this is normally pretty revealing anyway.

Texas
Rubbish!?!?! Well I've never!!!!! I say good day sir!!!!!!!!

ToMacco
I have no doubts at all that there is a god.

Julie
...not a god....the God smile

Ush, I'm not worried about the rubbish I really am curious to know people's thoughts. My life has been a bit sheltered smile ....I want to know what the "rest of the world" ( besides NJ) thinks.

Dear Padawan Learner, I would never tell you you're going to burn in hell....however I can't help but want to convert you!....It's a strange touchy subject...I'll tread lightly from here on in.

Dim
I think queeq's right...treat this with respect..

I believe in God..it's the rest of it that doesn't make any sense..I'm not big on religion.

Julie
Realitively speaking I'm not either...if you can believe that wink

unfortunate...I wish I weremore religious.

I agree with you that respect must be involed here.

Really, I only ask these questions because I'm curious about the thoughts of other people....for my entire life I've grown up around church-going people. Please, just share your thoughts with me.....I won't mock you....I'll respect you and your beliefs.

ToMacco
I don't go to Church (accept on holidays). I was babtized, and confirmed. But I still don't really go.

But I know there is a God. No doubt in my mind. And when the shit hits the fan, and the rapture is upon us, I will be saved, because I know in my heart that I will be.

Julie
interesting saying.....more later

ToMacco
"What if God was one of us?" Good song!

queeq
Errr.... Tex.... you might want to reconsider your hell craving. Cleopatra was, despite legend, NOT very pretty.... big grin

ToMacco
queeq, Tex is hell bound anyway. He's just trying to make the best of a bad situation. big grin

queeq
So it's not working. big grin

ToMacco
Tex is confused, because he lives in the desert, and probably hasn't had a drink of water for 12 days.

queeq
Maybe he should take a holiday to Minnesota and check out one of the bars down there.

ToMacco
Hey, good plan! At least he could eat some of the snow that's on the ground and re-hydrate himself! smile

queeq
You think that'll work at all after all these years in the desert?

ToMacco
You're right. Texas is doomed.

queeq
So Texas IS hell, is that what you're saying? In that case Tex got his wish but I doubt he'll find Cleopatra there. big grin

yerssot
well, ok, we had that now...

everybody has his own believes and they are all diferent...

queeq
Really? Who died and made you an expert?

yerssot
I murdered him and said I'm the expert now

queeq
Very convincing.

Ratcat
I'm not religious at all, but I DO have Faith of sorts.

I hate the word God, as it doesn't explain what I feel on this subject.

I know there is something great out there, as you may recall from the recent Astrology gone Astronomy thread. We can't begin to explain the universe in which we live, if we can't do that how can we make any kind of informed decisions on anything.

Answer: We can't.

What we can have is our own Faith, this is a very individual thing and can be quite seperate or closely linked to religious belief, that depends on the individual.

I can't say that thew old or new testement has me convinved. There is a lot in there that makes some kind of sense, but also a lot that just doesn't.

Whilst I have looked at some other religions, this has only been in a very basic way.

So, in summary;

God: Well I believe there's something, but I wouldn't use the term (name) God.

Religion: No.

Yep, Classic Agnostic! smile

queeq
Which means as much as: we don't know if there's anything, but there might be.

yerssot
agnostic is more like: we shall never know

finti
no. agnostic is I really dont belive , but I dont deny it either

yerssot
ok, if you say so...

Ratcat
No, it's more than that. Agnostics aren't willing to make a comitment based on the current level of proof, however they don't refite the existence based on the same level of doubt.

queeq
Sort of what I said.

Ratcat
Yep, pretty much.

queeq
OKiday. Thanks for playing.

Ratcat
To queeq Life is just a Gameshow. laughing out loud

queeq
Yep. You win some, you loose some.

yerssot
and sometimes you crash

queeq
Not in my gameshow. big grin

yerssot
*starts bumping head*
Hmm ... nope, no crash

queeq
Told ya.

yerssot
what? no sharp remark? Are you tired? or are you planning something else?

queeq
Always. evil face

yerssot
I'll be waiting then...

JediOasis
Personally, I don't believe in the God or any god for that matter. My family is very Catholic and I was baptised in the Catholic Church as a child, but as I grew up I realized god was something that was created by man for hope of a better existence after death and nothing more, but thats just my opinion.

queeq
As it is for many.

Julie
yep...but not me. What do we live for then???....What is the chief end of man???

queeq
What IS your purpose in life then, Julie?

yerssot
this sounds familiar smile

queeq
Why?

yerssot
meaning of life...

doesn't ring a bell huh?

UnknownBountyHunter

finti
three holy kings day?
and I dont

JediOasis
Why does there have to be a meaning to life? Just be yourself and do whatever you feel necessary to live a what you think is a meaningful life.

yerssot
hmmm, little kids running around, singing for candy... (damn, I want to be a kid again)

And if you don't open the door they sing:

"Hoog huis, laag huis, der woont een gierige pin in huis"
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud
(can't translate that one)

Archaeopteryx
In the beginning, man created god

Bashar Teg
what if god was one of us?

Blakemore
2002, wow.

Surtur
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx

*casts lightning bolt*

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by ToMacco
You're right. Texas is doomed.

#CovidProphecy

Surtur
If he could predict things if only he'd warned New York about Cuomo's nursing home policy

Blakemore
Originally posted by queeq
Maybe he should take a holiday to Minnesota and check out one of the bars down there. Originally posted by ToMacco
Hey, good plan! At least he could eat some of the snow that's on the ground and re-hydrate himself! smile I think it was Brooklyn-99 that made the joke that black people hate ice/snow.

inb4 "So that's why they destroyed Minneapolis!"

dadudemon
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx

In the god, the beginning created man.

Surtur
In the beginning, god man created

I'm participating smile

Archaeopteryx
Originally posted by dadudemon
In the god, the beginning created man.

Go home Yoda, you're drunk

BackFire

Silent Master
I got distracted, probably won't happen again. angel

BackFire
Get it together dude.

Blakemore
Eve was a virgin, right?

Silent Master
Originally posted by BackFire
Get it together dude.

Was busy reading about santa meeting zorro and then having tea with a bunny

Jmanghan
Exists, but is a cool guy that isn't homophobic and doesn't have crazy strict rules when it comes to getting into Heaven.

Basically, the God I believe in isn't mentioned in the bible or quran, or whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.