Movie Minstranslations or Alternate titles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pablo G
This thread is mostly for ppl whose native language isn't english and notice differences in the original title of the movie and the one in their country, I'm mexican and have found quite a few. The title in the left is the original title and the one on the right is how it was translated. The one in parentheses is the exact name in spanish

American Pie - Your First Time (Tu Primera Vez)
American Pie 2 - Your Second Time is Better (Tu Segunda Vez es Mejor)
Die Another Day - Another Day to Die (Otro Dia Para Morir)
Edward Scissorhands - The Young Man with Scissorhands (El Joven Manos de Tijera)

Pulp Fiction - Violent Times (Tiempos Violentos)
Evil Dead II - The Devil's Awakening II (El Despertar del Diablo II)
Black Hawk Down - When the Black Hawk Fell (La Caida del Halcon Negro)

Bad Boys - Two Rebellious Cops (Dos Policias Rebeldes)
Bad Boys II- Bad Boys, they come back more rebellious (Bad Boys - Vuelven mas rebeldes)

Seabiscuit - Heroes' Souls (Alma de Heroes)
Love Actually - Really Love (Realmente Amor)

I'll add some more later on

lil bitchiness
Ok my native language isnt english...and yeah, there are som AWFUL translations..cant think of any right now, but im gonna look into that..

I remember Notting Hill being translated into In love i believe ( Ja u ljubav verujem)

blink weird...

wicker_man
The '98 action flick Reindeer Games (Starring Ben Affleck, Charlie Thezron & Gary Sinse) was retitled to a British audience as Deception.

More recently the fist big screen adaption of Harry Potter was titled to the British audience as 'Harry Potter & The Philosophers Stone' while in America it was titled as 'Harry Potter & The Socerers (sp) Stone'.

mook
wicker_man>More recently the fist big screen adaption of Harry Potter was titled to the British audience as 'Harry Potter & The Philosophers Stone' while in America it was titled as 'Harry Potter & The Sorcerers (sp) Stone'.

the original book (which is english) is called '...& the Philosophers Stone' and so this is what the film was called.
however there were fears that American audiences wouldnt know what a Philosopher was so in america it was re-titled '...& the Sorcerers Stone'.

BarmyBrummie
'Animal attraction' in britain is known as 'someone like you' in America

mook
'The Madness Of King George III' was renamed 'The Madness Of King George' in the usa incase american thought it was a second sequel.

Kes
American Pie - First time (A primeira vez)
American Pie 2 - The second time (A segunda vez) - Not totally sure about this one.
Love actually - Love happens (O amor acontece)
The x files - Secrete files (Ficheiros secretos)
Playing by heart - Between strangers and lovers (Entre estranhos e amantes)
Face/Off -The other face ( A outra face)

This happens a lot here. Most of the time the tittles have nothing to do with the original version.
I'll say more latter.

Kes

Pablo G
The Green Mile - Unexpected Miracles (Milagros Inesperados)
The Sound of Music - The Rebellious Novice (La Novicia Rebelde)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.