Christmas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Which holiday do you celebrate?

Do you believe that Jesus Christ was born?....I doubt it was on Dec 25th but He was born. Most of the songs and stuff are wrong but the Luke has the real story of the first Christmas....check it out smile

finti
No I dont belive in Jesus and the bible stuff

yerssot
Jesus was born, there is proof to that
(why would the Romans talk about him if he didn't exist and he did their empire harm)

The bible isn't THAT correct, but it's very close and with a lot of symbolic in it

Ushgarak
Christmas has become 'more than the some of its parts'. Whether you are Christian or not it is a good time to celebrate what it represents- goodwill and so on, at the end of the year.

yerssot
or you can save the drinks for new year smile

Julie
I appreciate your views ...thanks smile

ToMacco
Christmas! Horray!!!!!!!!

Dim
Yeah..it's nice what it represents..and it's a good excuse to be a bit more cheery..that works for me. Hanakah and Christmas are both prominant here..so you don't have just one holiday shoved down your thought as much...that's a nice switch.

ToMacco
I went into Burgar King today, and the guy who served me said "Happy Holidays".

I then overheard him later say that he can't say "Merry Christmas", because it could offend different races. How rediculous is that?

Julie
Well you never know.....on the tv guide it says happy x mas or something like that.....People try hard not to offend others...but it doesn't work smile

Personally Merry Christmas is usu the normal phrase used around this time

ToMacco
Same here. But they do have to be careful, because lawyers will sue people for anything these days.

Julie
True, these days you can be sued for stepping on someone's foot or looking at them the wrong way....
gee we might hurt their feelings roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
I hate lawyers.

Julie
Do you know any personally?

I've been spared that pain and sorrow up to this point, but I have a friend who wants to be one.

ToMacco
No, I don't know any. But I watch specails on 60 Minutes, and 48 Hours, and see that they try to get murderers and rapests back onto the streets.

Julie
Kinda makes one doubt the justice system....cops lock 'em away and lawyers set 'em free.

ToMacco
There was a case somewhere, where a woman was at McDonalds, drinking a cup of coffee. She spilled some on herself, then SUED McDonald's for the coffee being to hot. She won the case.

What the hell is that all about?

Julie
I've heard about the case, but I didn't know she won...that's a sickening thought.

McDonalds had nothing to do with that "stupid" woman spilling coffee on herself!.....I triped on a sidewalk about 4 years back....does that mean that I can sue the town?......

ToMacco
Probably!

So, next time you go to McDonald's, go in the morning and get some coffee. There is a warning label on it: WARNING: HOT. It's rediculous.

Julie
Really, McDonald coffee is hot?!? really....gee and I was going to pore it over my feet to warm them...bad idea right smile

Since that lady hit up McDonalds...you think Burger King's still fair game for a lawsuit wink ????.....seriously....people go crazy when it comes to easy money.

ToMacco
Hmmm *ToMacco rubs his chin* Hey, let's go to Burger King and get rich! big grin

Julie
Love to....hey maybe you could choke on a french fry and blame the new batter...say it's all their fault and be really rich....it's brilliant big grin

ToMacco
No shit. They'll next have to put warning labels on each fry. sad

Julie
That would suck,......it'd take years just to finish a meal.....so much for fast food then stick out tongue *eats a french fry-chokes*

ToMacco
*ToMacco does heimlech manuver on Julie*

Julie
Thanks, Tomacco. ....Now we can sue big grin

ToMacco
Then we would just become two more pricks who manipulated the system. sad

Julie
True....rich...but pricks....an' nobody likes a prick wink

But I do agree...we could never pull something like this because we are the ones who loath other people who do.

ToMacco
Well, we have a very important thing in common then. I'm starting to like you, Julie. smile You're not married, are you?

Julie
No....I'm still in high school smile ...not that that's saying much

ToMacco
But you're 18, so you must be a senior. And it's true what you say, too. People get married now where they're like, 12.

Julie
Scary thought....I don't think people are mentally mature enough at that age to handle resp of a spouse and fam.

Yes, I am a senior....good work, Sherlock.

ToMacco
Don't be a smartass, you punk! smile

Hell, I'm 22 and I don't think I'm mentally mature enough to be married. I still love to go out on the weekends and get shitty with my buddies. All my girlfriends in the past got mad at me when I wanted to hang out with my friends. I could never understand that.

Girls are wierd. . . no offense.

Julie
None taken...hanging out with your friends is important....that's how you have friends. Don't your girfriends ever want to just hang out with the "girls"?

Girls are only weird to the poor man who doesn't understand us....besides...boys are usu immature big grin ....that's ok by me

ToMacco
Yes, my past girlfriends did just want to hang out with the girls at times. And I never said anything about it. I was happy to let her go for the night. But if I had asked for a night with my buds, they would go nuts.

Girls sucks. . . no pun intended. smile

Julie
Did you enlighten them to the fact that that's selfish?... giving and taking is all a part of being in a relationship...it's a good thing you didn't marry the girl. wink

ToMacco
Sometimes I think that every girl that I have dated has been nuts, just by a coincidence. Now I'm thinking your girls were just put on this earth to make life miserable for us males. sad

Julie
Onriginally, Eve was to be a companion to Adam....She ate the apple first but he was there and did nothing to stop it...then he ate the apple too....from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil...thus the fall of man....

hahaha....I guess roll eyes (sarcastic) ....but life's miserable enough w/o having prob's with boy/ girl friends smile

ToMacco
Yes, but sometimes they are there to make things better, too.

Julie
i suppose that's true, but I've never officially had a boyfriend so I couldn't comment on that either way.

ToMacco
Why not? Do you have bad breath or something? smile

Julie
hahahaha....no laughing out loud However I've attended small private schools all my life and have never really been interested in having a boyfriend...I have many friends that happen to be guys, but no "boyfriends"

ToMacco
Well, you should work on that. Depsite all the headaches of a significant other, they do have many other perks! wink

yerssot
*rings weddingbells*

queeq
THat's the way to scare them off. Well done, yerss.

yerssot
like you would say:
mission accomplished

queeq
I am proud of you.

yerssot
well ... don't make it a habit!

queeq
But I intend to.

yerssot
you hate your life huh?

queeq
Hate my life? Because I'm proud of you???? Hmmm.

yerssot
or you are depressed

queeq
Neither, I'm just proud.

yerssot
strange ... very strange
must be because it's almost christmas

queeq
No, it's because I wuv ya. wink

yerssot
easy there!
don't take advance because Lara isn't here!

queeq
But I DO!

yerssot
first you try to hit on her, and then when she isn't around you start hitting on me!

queeq
Because you're so superb.

yerssot
yes, I am but that's no reason

queeq
For me it is, major man.

yerssot
what would Gundark say?

Ushgarak
She'd pretend to be jealous and then open the door to the closet.

Well, five hours until Christmas here. Yayy!

yerssot
so they will stop playing "Scrabble" then?

queeq
We never play Scrabble. Scrabble is for kids. evil face

yerssot
Ow? You changed it to Stratego?

Gundark
We play Yahtzee. But its just a front. wink

queeq
HUSH! Not everyone needs to know. wink

finti
two fives and three sixes, guess I win this one as well big grin evil face

queeq
Ah, but you can't play. stick out tongue

yerssot
bleugh! yahtzee!
booooooooring!

queeq
Not the way we play it. evil face

yerssot
with one dice?

Ushgarak
I wouldn;t mind knowing 'queeq yahtzee' rules.

finti
if you are not able to make it the yahtzee "grades" then you will taste a little of my cute VIKING BATTLE AXE evil face evil face

yerssot
you trow the dice and that's it

queeq
Well...... there's a lot more to it, but there may be kids reading this. big grin

yerssot
Ok, and you write it down, big deal! roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
But I won't.

Gundark
He could tell you, yerssot. But then he'd have to kill you.

Hmmmm.....I could use a fresh corpse. Hey, yerssot, come here buddy..... smokin'

queeq
*takes out a shiny axe*

Gundark
Well I would like his head too, dear. You can cut if off, just don't let it roll down the floor drain.

yerssot
If you do that I promise you that my head will role!

Gundark
Role ? Rule ? Roll ?

Please check one of the above or any that apply.

yerssot
*takes advantage of Gundy's confusion and runs away*

queeq
*stops yerssot at the door and cuts off his head*

Here you go, dear, a somewhat late Christmas present for you.

yerssot
confused
sure thing queeq, I'm still standing here!

queeq
Your body is, yes, but that was just your head talking. Gundy developed great ways of body part preservation. big grin

yerssot
? My head is still on my body, and my body is here...

Gundark
Thank you, queeq dear.

*pats yerssot's head as she walks away with it*

There, there, now. Always a little confusion when the head is separated from the body. No need for alarm.

yerssot
ok, I think you both are a bit confused, I'm going to let you two alone now...

Julie
Good idea......I think its safest for you that way big grin

yerssot
safe? huh, they claim they have my head when it's solid attached to me!

Julie
Well then they have problems don't they.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.